Other E-commerce Websites:

PartSelect.com

Pros

Cons

Amazing, affordable appliance parts

We have a stove that's 11 years old. Recently the oven element went out. We looked everywhere locally for the part and couldn't find one. So we looked online. We found it at PartSelect. It was on sale "an added bonus!!". So we ordered it and it arrived in 3 days. We were amazed because it was standard shipping. It was packaged very well. It took all of 5 minutes to put it in and it works perfect. I highly recommend this site if you need a part for your appliance.

They have parts for dishwashers, gas and electric stoves, washer and dryers, microwaves, refrigerators, and air conditioners just to name a few. In this day and time it's easy to throw out the old and buy new, but I'm a big believer in recycling and repairing what you already have. Saves money and the environment.

So if you ever need a part for an appliance, this is the place to shop!!!! Love it!!!

Do I have to give it any stars?

This has to be the worst customer service EVER!!!! I purchased a few parts for my broken dryer, not sure what was wrong with it. I am a Mom of two young boys and thought I can figure this out using the internet for guidance. After ordering the two parts that I thought it has to be a thermostat and heating coil. I read some more on the internet and saw I needed to test the parts with a voltage tester. So, after doing so, I found out that it was heating coil. I sent the unneeded thermostat back to part select and they gave me $0 of my $30 back saying they could not resell the part, that I NEVER USED! They said they threw it away. So, I paid additional postage to send back, the price of the part and NO REFUND! This is the worst customer service I have EVER received! I would not purchase anything from them!! BEWARE!!

Fantastic shipping!

from Middle of nowhere, BC, Canada

Comments about PartSelect.com:

After considerable frustration with my washing machine, and much time spent diagnosing the problem, I finally figured out what part I needed. When I went to buy the part most of the websites I looked at would not ship to Canada! Then I stumbled across PartSelect. I quickly found what I was looking for, easy checkout and done. But, the best thing of all was the shipping - 4 days!! I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere and I never expect anything I order to show up before 7 days have gone by, and usually wait longer. Wow! I am now happily doing laundry again, thanks to PartSelect!

Great Website for any part you can think of.

from chicago Illinois

Comments about PartSelect.com:

I found this site while researching parts for and old washing machine I did not want to get rid of just yet. I explored the site and found that they had everything you can imagine for whatever appliances you can imagine. I was instantly hooked on the site and I have been shopping the site ever since

I love the site and I love how the site is set up. Whenever searching you always find exactly what you are looking for. I have never experienced any issues using the site.

Product Selection
They literally have every part for every appliance you can imagine.

Product Pricing
Prices are pretty good, especially if you are not looking to replace an appliance just yet.

Customer Service
The customer service department is excellent. They are very helpful and always willing to assist in answering questions and solving problems.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping prices are pretty good and I always get what I order pretty quickly. I don't know about the return time or policy, as I have never had to return anything.

• Shipping and Returns:

The only place I could find washer parts.

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about PartSelect.com:

I stumbled across Parts Select after many many frustrating visits to appliance stores and phone calls to parts shops. I couldn't find the right part for my washer and was amazed to find it on their website.

I did deal with customer service quite a bit, but each time was enjoyable and they went above and beyond to make sure that I end the end got exactly what I was looking for.

Shipping was fast and they even followed up with me to make sure that I got my delivery.

If I ever need to order parts for an appliance again, I will go to Part Select.

Website has detailed descriptions of all the parts they sell. Very important when you need a certain product that looks like a million others. Website is well laid out.

Product Selection
Great product selection, well organized.

Product Pricing
The prices were good, but considering that I couldn't find it anywhere else I cant really compare on the exact product I bought.

Customer Service
Fantastic customer service agents.

My new go to website

Comments about PartSelect.com:

I was looking for a part for an old refrigerator that we keep in the garage that we use mainly to keep soda cold. I had looked everywhere for the part and couldn't find it at a reasonable price and the technician that cane out said that for the part and labor it would cost a little over $400 to fix. The refrigerator was not worth it. A friend told me about partselect.com and I found the part for around $18. The technician came back out and charged us $69 yo install it and now I have my 2nd refrigerator again! Since then I have ordered parts for my parents washer, my dishwasher and my stove. I have found that it is much cheaper to buy the part myself and then just pay the technician to install it. The only drawback to this is that the technician will not give me a warranty on labor because I didn't get the part through them.

You have to know exactly what part you need. Having the part number makes it easy to find what you are looking for.

Product Pricing
This website has saved me a lot of money!

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is always fast and I have not had to return anything yet!

Execellent Price and Service

Comments about PartSelect.com:

Needed a new silverware basket for my dishwasher, check the manufacturer's website for replacement parts...cost was high. Looked around for other replacement site...cost was $20 cheaper. I ordered it on a Sunday night with regular shipping so I figured a week at least. It was shipping on Monday and on my doorstep on Tuesday. Part is the actual thing and not a generic. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Actually product and not a generic.

Product Pricing
Cheaper than the manufacturer's site.

Shipping and Returns
Had it sent regular shipping, it was sent out the day after my order and on my doorstep the next day.

Very Helpful Site

from Utah

Comments about PartSelect.com:

This is a great site for finding replacement parts on several different types of products, including electronics, tools, and large appliances.

The site is extremely easy to navigate, allowing you to search through different types of things (cell phones, chainsaws, etc). But my favorite feature is the search box that allows you to enter the model number of the specific product that you are searching for. This has helped me narrow down the search quickly, and it has also helped guarantee that I find the correct part that I need to fix the specific thing that I am working on.

Product Selection
I have always been able to find the specific part I was looking for, although I was looking for pretty common products.

Shipping and Returns
As long as the part is in stock, partselect.com will ship it out the same day that it is ordered. Even knowing this ahead of time, I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly my order came. They also have a 30 day return policy, which I have found to be helpful.

• Shipping and Returns:

Yes!!! Add more parts and you get my vote!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about PartSelect.com:

This site is super cool! When something breaks down in your house, all you need to do is log in Parts Select. Then, find the model of the piece that you need. As you purchase, the site will give you a complete tutorial on how to fix the part or how to place it if you are going for DIY. If not, you can click the "Instant Repairman" option and schedule a service.

It is a one-stop shop for all things related to your household. It is easy to get to, and half of the things in there, such as tutorials, can come very much in handy. The instant repairman option is, to me, a top choice since there's nothing I hate more than shopping around for help. In all, once the site gets completely loaded with a larger number of parts I would give it a complete 10.

Click click and go.

Product Selection
They need to amplify their selection and, hopefully, they could beat Home Depot!

Product Pricing
Just right for the price. It is quite useful.

Customer Service
I have not personally dealt with customer service. However, I wil venture and give it a 9 because the site offers many ways to communicate with customer service both by email and instantly.

• Shipping and Returns:

Go somewhere else unless you are a pro.

from Boston, MA

Comments about PartSelect.com:

I wouldn't use them again. Their customer service killed it for me. Sometimes if the customer service of a company is better than their competitor but their prices are higher I will still use them because I know I won't have any worries. I used PartsSelect.com as they were cheaper so for the sake of trying to save a few dollars I actually spent more money on return shipping and more time arguing with their "customer service" department. Kindness and empathy are no longer a part of customer service I guess.

I am not a professional. I only used this site once to locate an item I needed and purchased it. I think if I was more adept in this field some things would make more sense to me but they do have a cool feature where you can get instructions and diagrams with a ton of their products which was very helpful to me. You can also shop by part number or item description.

Product Selection
They certainly have a huge amount of items on their site. They are a parts retailer so they better have all the parts though right?

Product Pricing
They do have a wide assortment of products and their prices seem reasonable especially if you need to replace parts for things all the time. I can see how this would be a good resource for small businesses, but for the average consumer it may not be worth while when shipping is included.

Customer Service
Poor poor poor! I don't know if I was talked down to because I am a woman and I don't have a large account with them but they clearly didn't care about developing a relationship with me to keep my business when I had only purchased one item. I paid to get it in 3 days it and it took almost a week and a half and I didn't get a refund for the shipping that I paid $20 for! I should have just let it come regular mail it would have saved a lot of money.

Shipping and Returns
I was very disappointed with the cost of shipping related to the times an item could be shipped. I paid extra for shipping to get a part fast and it was so delayed I went elsewhere for the part. When it arrived I returned it. After battling customer service I was able to get a refund but they would not refund shipping and I had to pay return shipping which was faster than their service and a quarter of the cost...what a rip off!

easy to use

Comments about PartSelect.com:

My experience with PartSelect.com was better than I had hoped for. The website was easy to navigate to find what you're looking for without skimming for hours where it's at. PartSelect.com site is pretty much self-explanatory; really. I was able to find the parts I needed for my refrigerator and washing machine that I wasn't able to find in any other department store in my area. They really cut half of the work for me. If I didn't understand or had doubts about how to fix a certain part or install it they had a do-it-yourself installation video on how to repair these types of issues; which was very helpful since I'm more of a demo-learner than on paper.

The customer service at PartSelect.com was great and very informative. PartSelect.com was able to shipped the parts I needed the next day and it arrived at my place in less than three days. Each item have their own list of picture gallery, so you as the consumer know what product you're getting without any scams.

Part Select

Comments about PartSelect.com:

I have to say this is a completely wonderful and necessary website. I have never before found such amazing customer service and overall guidance with finding the solution to my appliance repair issues. It is always very quick and extremely reliable. I think it is a very well put together idea and it makes it so that anyone young or old man or woman can use at their own convenience. I like that there are very clear instructions on what to do in just about every situation. I ordered a light bulb for my refrigerator which I later found out was not the correct one so I went on the website and looked under the contact options where I found the customer service email address I was supposed to use and therefore I was able to cancel my order promptly and very easily without very much hassle whatsoever. I've also ordered other products which I received within two weeks of ordering.