Other Baby Formulas:
Parent's Choice
Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula

Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula

• Ease of Preparation:

My pediatrician reccomended it and I would never go back

I have a two year old daughter and a 5 week old son. When my daughter was on formula we tried all the samples of all the brands from the hospital and that were mailed to us and she did great with Enfamil Lipil. I never asked my pediatrician what was "best" I just told her that was what she was on and she asked about burping, gas, spitting up, and with my daughter i had no problems with any of the above so she never suggested a different formula. Well with my son I breastfed for the first two weeks but at two weeks I started supplementing with formula for medical reasons and by 4 weeks was completely weaned to formula. At the appointment I mentioned to my pediatrician we were using samples and I reminded her we had used the Enfamil Lipil with my daughter with excellent results and I asked her if any specific brand was better, I told her I am willing to pay the price if it will benefit the baby. She said that all the brands are nutritionally the same and they all meet the nutritional requirements for a baby from 0-12 months. She said that when I ran out of samples to buy a store brand and stick with whichever store brand I chose (whereever i shop most).

Well he did not tolerate the similac or the enfamil at all. He was spitting up constantly, after feedings, in between feedings, every time we layed him down. We would hold him upright for a half hour after feeding and he would still spit up as soon as he layed down. He woke from his sleep with gas pains. So I decided to try one of the sensitive/gentle formula's.

I did some research online and found that most store brands are made by a company called PBM products. http://www.pbmproducts.com/ . They also use the same supplier as enfamil and similac for their formula. They make walmart (parents choice), sams (members mark) and target brand formulas. So i started looking at the ingredients on their gentle formula in comparison with enfamil gentelease. They are virtually the same. in fact the basic parents choice milk based formula with DHA and ARA has EXACTLY the same ingredients as Enfamil with LIPIL. And there is no foaming when you mix it. The catch? The only catch is its half the price! So that night while my little one was struggleing through another feeding (he would fuss during and after eating because of all the bloating and gas) my husband went to walmart and got this formala. the parents choice gentle. I have been using it for a week and I can't believe the difference! He does not spit up anymore, he does not wake from sleep crying with gas pains. I am so excited about the money I am going to save and I feel great knowing that my baby is getting excellent nutrition. I just wish I had used parents choice with my daughter!

Great price, not so great for my baby

I'm a new mother and I find that I am learning as I go in parenthood, especially on things like bottles, diapers, nipples and now formula. I have to say, it has been ovewhelming at times. I try to read product reviews and labels as much as possible in making decisions for my baby, but sometimes they can be misleading.Recently, our family switched my son's formula to Parent's Choice Gentle with Iron. We are a budget conscious family and in these ecomonic times, we are trying to save money like everyone else. I did my homework on Parent's Choice; they meet all miminium baby formula requirements, like the brand names; they have the same ingredients as the big brand names in formula and the same amounts of nutrients; and the gentle formula should be able to help my fussy baby's tummy some. Plus, a can of Parent's Choice is half of what the big brand names are. It sounded perfect, so I switched. At the first, the baby ate the formula and didn't seem to have problems with it. That was the first day. Maybe he was just really hungry that day and didn't care what went into his mouth, I'm not sure. But the second day on the formula was awful. My son would push the bottle away when I tried to feed it to him. He would fuss alot before the feeding and even more during the feeding. He spit up more. He actually vomitted a little. And then, he still seemed very hungry after a feeding. This lasted one day and most of the night, until 6 am when I was frustrated that my baby didn't want to eat and fussed when he did, so I got up, went to the store and bought a can of our old formula. We haven't had problems since. Now, just because my baby didn't like the formula doesn't mean another baby wouldn't. Ours was raised with one particular formula since birth and I believe that is where the problem came in. I do think that for the price, Parent's Choice Gentle is an excellent choice. Be warned, though, that your baby may not take to it like mine.

Compares Perfectly to Name Brand

from Boise, ID

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily
  • No Constipation
  • No More Gas
  • No Tummy Issues
  • Tasty

Cons

• Smells Weird

• Infants
  • Newborn
  • Preemies

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

I needed a new formula for my newborn as she reacted to a different name brand. This one was amazing for her. She was no longer had to deal with gas, constipated, or fussy all the time on this one. She slept better and was much happier. The price difference is great, this brand compares to the name brand at half the price.

I love how this one mixes. It mixes great and it not full of bubbles when mixed. She tolerates this on better than the others I have tried and truly is very gentle.

My son seems to like it

from Huntsville tx

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily
  • No Constipation

• Infants

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

I like it. The formula itself is awesome I just wish they would change how the lid locks. It is so hard to get the large containers lid off. Drives me absolutely nuts. Especially when trying to make a bottle while holding the baby.

Good for Off Brand

from Utah

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

This product lives up to its "gentle" claim, and it is far cheaper than the on-brand formulas. I would recommend this product for a reliable, healthy option that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Easily Digested
    Our kids have always done well digesting this formula, and it does seem gentle on their stomachs. They do not have stomach problems or diaper rash through the use of this product.

Ease of Preparation
    This formula is very easy to add to a bottle with warm water and simply shake to mix it. So the basic preparation is easy. My problem with this is that the scoop used is often buried in the formula in the can. So one needs to dig down into the can to get the scoop the first time. The formula sticks to about anything, so whatever is used to dip into the can comes out with a lot of formula that ends up wasted. Other brands put a clip on the lid to keep the scoop at the top during shipment. This would be a good improvement for this produt.

Very good!

from Empire, AL

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

All three of my children had milk sensitivities. We went through every name brand formula on the shelf at the recommendation of our pediatrician. Not once did he ever tell us there was a store brand formula we could try. Parent’s Choice Gentle formula was the only formula all of my children could tolerate. My daughter had been on Alimentum for milk protein allergy. We eventually tried Parent’s Choice Gentle and found that she could easily tolerate it. My son who had colic used this formula and it worked better than all the others for his issues though he still suffered some from colic. This formula is easy to mix, just like all the others. It has everything the name brand formulas have but for a fraction of the price. This formula was more affordable and worked better on three of our babies. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has a baby with sensitive tummies. It was a lifesaver and wallet saver for our family. Don’t be afraid to try it just because it isn’t a brand name. It worked better for us than all the others.

• Ease of Preparation:

Works just as well as the name brand for much less money!

from Odessa, TX

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

My daughter, for the most part was breastfed. When we needed to switch, we chose a traditional formula at first. She was unable to tolerate a regular formula. When we switched to a sensitive type, we knew the store brand would work just as well. We have used this brand, on occasion and it is excellent. It is more expensive than most other store brand but less than the national name brands. All infant formula must pass federal guidelines, so this one does also.

Easily Digested
    This formula contains partially broken down protein chains. Because of this, it is easier to digest. We experienced no problems with gas or fussiness when we used this formula. We also had no problems with spitting up when using this brand.

Ease of Preparation
    As is standard with powdered infant formula, this brand uses one scoop of formula (scoop is included in the package) to two ounces of water. Add the water to the bottle and add the formula. Place the nipple on the bottle and shake well. It is not hard at all.

Great!

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

My daughter preferred this formula over Gerber Gentle. It was easier for her to digest; as soon as we switched to this brand I noticed a lot less constipation and diarrhea.

Ease of Preparation
    Very easy to prepare. Dissolves well in water even if it's at room temp, and when you travel several hours to visit family pretty often that comes in handy.

Didn't mix well

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

I sent my husband out one day to buy formula, and the store was out of our regular brand, so he came home with Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula instead, because it was supposed to be the equivalent of the Similac formula that we have been using, and it was a lot less than our regular brand, so he thought I'd appreciate the savings. Well, I would rather pay more to have my regular brand, because this brand did not mix well. It seemed to cling to the side of the baby bottle, and looked just plain disgusting. No matter how well I mixed it, it still looked the same. The formula looked powdery and lumpy, and I wondered if it was just a fluke, or if this is how the Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula brand is, and if so, who in their right mind would want to feed it to their baby? Other Parent's Choice brand products are of good quality, but as for this particular product, I will stay away!

• Ease of Preparation:

Wouldn't trust any other formula for my little sister!

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

This formula absolutely, one hundred percent does its job for little ones! When my sister was a baby, we were very concerned about her weight. She cried so much, was fussy, and gassy all the time. We took her to the doctors and we found out that she had colic; apparently that is very common in babies. Our doctor suggested Parent's Choice Gentle Infant formula, and I am so thankful that he did, because it helped my little sister to recover.

Easily Digested
    This product is very easy to digest. If whenever I decide to have a child she or he ends up with colic, I will know which formula to use for them: Parent's Choice. One other perk of using this formula is that it costs less than most other formulas do. Between the price and the effectiveness, this product has me sold.

Ease of Preparation
    Simply put it in whichever kind of bottle that you would like to use for your little one, add warm water, and mix it/shake it all up! This formula is safe for all babies, in my opinion.

Family Favorite

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

We used all different products and they weren't nearly as great as this product. It never caused tummy aches, it never caused allergic reactions, and it was entirely affordable. We actually cut our formula bill in half with this, Another plus, is how much formula comes in one canister. If you aren't able to nurse, this is most definitely the most reasonable way to go. I'll be using this with my future children as well.

Great prduct, low price.

Comments about Parent's Choice Gentle Infant Formula:

I used this brand of formula when I was short on money. I absolutely loved it! My son's stomach was very sensitive so I originally used Similac Orange but after seeing how well tis brand of formula did I made the switch permenant. It was very gentle on his tummy and he never spit up while he was on it. The only thing I have to complain about is the packaging. Some brands have plastic containers with wider mouths that are easier to get into but Parent's Choice is still a great product.

Easily Digested
    My son never spit up while he was taking this formula.

1 scoop = 2 ounces