Other Baby Shampoo & Body Washes:

Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash

Pros

Cons

the bare essentials

Being a mother of three i have tried almost every baby product out there. And proud  of it. When it comes to shampoo and Parent's Choice I was not overly impressed but not disappointed either.  To begin the packaging is simple so you don't pay for frilly bottles with name brand characters.  Then the scent. We all open the lids to smell don't deny it lol. The scent is very light almost comprable to johnson and johnsons.  This was the first let down for me.  I like the fragrance to be a little stronger and maybe have a choice of two or three.  when I went to wal-mart there was only one scent available.  Now the product itself.  I love the way it lathers.  Very nice and soapy so you know it's getting a good wash on.  And when you rinse it rinses so clean that your childs hair will be squeaky clean. Just one last little let down there are no conditioners in this shampoo so i have to use a spray in conditioner for my daughters hair just to comb it. so all in all i gave this product a four becuase it does work very well and is tear free which is a bonus.

Not great on sensitive skin.

This was a product that I had to buy on vacation when our regular bottle of baby shampoo/wash were confiscated at the airport. They got put into the carry on luggage instead of the checked luggage. I bought this particular wash because we were in the middle of the woods and this was all the general store offered. I can say that it is not a great product. It's scent is okay and I got a lot of product for the price that I paid, but I would have preferred more quality. The first time I used it on my toddler, her skin got red and itchy. The poor little girl was miserable for two days. I ended up using my own bar soap for her baths. That worked out except for drying out her skin a little. This is definitely not a product that I would recommend to anyone for their young children. A baby shampoo/wash is supposed to be gentle on a baby's skin and it is supposed to account for the sensitivity of baby's skin. This product did not do that. It was very disappointing.

Gentle on Young Babies

from Utah

Comments about Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash:

I like having the shampoo and body wash in one bottle, allowing easy use for the entire bath. It is much easier and more convenient than having a separate shampoo and body wash that require more care in keeping away from different body parts. Although it is an off-brand, we have not seen a noticeable drop-off in performance when compared to name-brand products. Combining its effectiveness and its low price leads me to highly recommend this product.

This combined shampoo and body wash works very well at washing a baby, leaving him feeling and looking extremely fresh and clean after a bath at night. It is also gentle on the baby's skin. Our children have not had any allergic reactions or skin reactions to the use of this product even after rather extensive use.

This shampoo gives a nice, fresh, clean scent that leaves the baby smelling quite pleasant after a bath.

Comparable to big name baby shampoo.

from Florida

Comments about Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash:

As a single mom I am constantly looking for ways to save money when buying baby products. This is one of the ways I have adjusted my spending on baby shampoo and bodywash so that I can save a little bit of money.

Parent's Choice shampoo and bodywash is a great product. It is comparable to Johnson's and Johnson's, and the only real differences that I have noticed is that this is a little thinner than Johnson's brand. However that doesn't mean that it isn't as good as doing what it should.

It keeps baby nice and clean without over drying their sensitive skin and hair. There is no scent difference between this and any of the other baby shampoo and body washes that I have bought.

It performs just as well as the other more expensive baby shampoo and washes that are available on the market. This cleans baby's skin, leaves them feeling and smelling fresh and soft, and doesn't cause any skin irritation.

Not great on sensitive skin.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash:

Great alternative to name brand shampoo.

from TN

Comments about Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash:

Normally I buy a name brand shampoo and body wash for my daughter. However, one week money was tight and I purchased the Parent's Choice brand shampoo and body wash just to save a little money. I didn't like the idea of steering away from the brand I'm so comfortable with, but I was pleasantly surprised. This shampoo worked just as good as the name brand shampoo I usually buy. The downfall of this shampoo to me is the smell is not as stout as what I would like it to be. This would be a good alternative for someone who likes a light, faint smell. Maybe even fore a baby with very sensitive skin to scents.

The performance of this shampoo and body wash is just what I was looking for. It is closely comparable to name brand shampoo and would use it again when I need to save more money. Overall you cannot beat it for the price!

While this shampoo really does smell good, it just isn't as strong of a smell that I would like it to be.

I use this product for everything

from TX

Comments about Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash:

I originally bought this for the kids because it is convenient to have the shampoo and body wash all in one, but now I use it for lots of other things. My kids really seemed to enjoy this product, it smells great and it is sensitive on their skin and hair. It does a good job at cleaning their hair without leaving a oily film like other two in one products I have bought. I still continue to use this on my six year old since he has psoriasis. I recently bought a puppy and found the shampoos for dogs too harsh with chemicals. So for his first bath I used this and he smelled so good and it was gentle on his hair. I even use this to remove my makeup at the end of day. It does a great job at removing eye makeup without scrubbing. I simply apply to a rag with hot water and it cleans my face while leaving it feeling incredibly soft. I would definitely recommend this product to other mothers.

Does a great job while being sensitive to skin

Great scent, leaves hair smelling good all day

Good for sensitive skin

Comments about Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash:

My babies are sensitive to just about everything, and thankfully they don't have a problem with this shampoo and body wash. It suds up a little bit to make it easy to wash their hair and body but not so much that I have to take extra pains to make sure none gets in their eyes. I find the formula to be moisturizing and they don't need as much baby lotion afterwards to keep their skin baby soft.
The scent is mild, which I think helps with my babies skin sensitivity issues. Because the scent is so mild, however, it does not give off the classic "baby" scent. So if that is something that's important to you a different brand might be a better fit for you and your baby. But if you want something that will clean without skin reactions, give this a shot. Because it's the Parent's Choice brand it's also cheaper than the name brands such as Johnson & Johnson, so if you don't like it you're not out a lot of money.

Great for the price.

from Huntington, WV

Comments about Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash:

I've been using the Parents choice baby body wash for over 4 years now on my son and daughter. i love it. it works great its got a great price. i have to be careful what i use because i am very sensitive to everything and so are my kids. That aren't sensitive to this at all. it smells great. I cant really tell much of a difference between this and johnson and johnsons baby wash

Parent choice baby bodywash is a good value for the price

from Kenner, LA

Comments about Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash:

I have purchased and used the parents choice baby shampoo and body wash for my toddler and I was very happy with the parents choice brand. It seemed as thought the parents choice baby shampoo and bodywash was just as good as any other baby shampoo and body wash. My toddler has sensitive and dry skin and I did not notice that the parents choice irritated her skin at all. I did not have any issues like that. It is important to me that the products are tear free and this one is so that is a plus to me. I found the scent to be a very nice light pleasant scent. My toddler has long thick hair and the parents choice baby shampoo has seemed to work very well with her hair. The parents choice baby shampoo cleans her hair very well and leaves it smelling great and feeling soft and silky. I think the parents choice baby shampoo and body wash is a great value for the price. I think it is just as good as any of the other name brands out there that cost more. I think this is a good product and it has worked well with my toddler.

Great Bodywash

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about Parent's Choice Baby Shampoo & Bodywash:

I have tired other brands of baby shampoo and body wash and am very happy with this one.  I have been using Parent's choice body wash for a year now and love everything about it.  I like that the smell of the wash is not strong or like baby powder.  I have used huggies brands before and the smell was too strong for me.  It is also great that it is two in one with the wash and shampoo.  So you do not have to worry about multiple bottles cluttering the bath area.  This wash and shampoo does not hurt my babies eyes either when I wash it out of her hair.  Another plus is that the liquid is thick and not runny like most cheap brands.  I prefer Parent's choice body wash and shampoo over other brands because it is inexpensive and the quality is wonderful!  And the size of the bottle is another plus.  So if you are looking for a great deal and to get your money's worth, I would recommend this product any mother!

the bare essentials