Other Baby Formulas:

Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Preparation:

I love that Parent's Choice Advantage is a reasonable price!

When I had my son, I was afraid that if I used an non-brand formula that he wouldn't be getting the nutrients that he needed.  However, I talked to my doctor and he said they are all basically the same.  So, I compared the ingredients and the minerals to the brand name I was using.  They were almost exactly the same.  There were some minerals that had more or less but not by very much.  Being able to buy two cans of formula for the price of one can of the brand name has saved us so much money.  We can use what we save on formula to buy diapers.  In this economy, every little bit helps.  Especially when you have a little one to take care of and as little as they are, they do seem to be expensive.  I would recommend this product to everyone.  I even got my mother & sister-in-law to change to this formula and they are brand name buying consumers.  Both of our children are healthy and happy....that's all we need to be concerned with.  Great product for our babies and our pocketbook.

Made it difficult for my baby to poop

I was using the expensive brand that this formula is compared to with no problems. It was the only formula that we had used since she was born. She is now 7weeks old and I was curious to see if there was another formula out there to try that wasn't as expensive. Within a couple of days, she started crying when she had to poop, which she never did before. Her poop was also much thicker than usual. We switched back to her original formula and she was a happy baby again. I'm not saying that this is a bad product, just that it didn't work for us and it obviously wasn't that closely comparable to "the other formula".

Baby Loves This Formula

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

We love this formula. We started out with Similac Advanced, but our son seems to have taken more of a liking to Parent's Choice Advantage. That's okay by us. It is a cheaper alternative and we can buy more than one big can. One big can seems to last our son about a week. I remember when he was drinking and eating Similac Advanced, he would spit up way more. He does still spit up a little, as any baby does. However, this formula helped significantly reduce that issue. One thing that I would change about it is that I would make it easier to get the formula scoop out. I have had to dig it out with my hands in some cans and it just wasn't very fun to do. It would be cool if they did it like Similac does where it is attached. Overall, I would say that Parent's Choice Advantage is well worth what you pay for it. The baby seems to love it, it helps with spitting up, and it is quite affordable. You really can't go wrong with Parent's Choice formula.

• Ease of Preparation:

Best formula on both price and result

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

My daughter is very picky on the taste of formula. She had weight gainning problem for a long time. When she turned 5-month-old, she was seriously underweight. Similac Soy and Sensitive was the first two formula she liked and really helped her to gain weight. The only thing I concerned is there is suger in their ingredients. I received this product sample and gave to my daughter. She liked and keep drinking it. It says this formula ingredient can compare to Similac Advance, but I think this one taste better. My daughter is not too crazy about Similac Advance. The best thing is I found this formula doesn't has sugar. I will keep buying this one untile my daughter turns one year old.

• Ease of Preparation:

Parents Choice Formula is A Great Value!

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

After using only the "other more expensive brand" for 6 months we tried the Parents Choice Advantage formula. After comparing the ingredients you would be crazy not to switch. They are identical with the % of vitamines they both offer. So why pay more for the same product? Its like buying brand name drugs over generic drugs at the pharmacy. I tasted both formulas my self (I try everything I give my baby) and they both taste the same to me. Not too apealing for my taste buds but my son didnt seem to notice the difference. There was no gas, colic, or bad explosive diapers! Could not tell the difference between the two formulas.

I recomend using the Parents Choice brand over the national brand since you get a lot more for your money. After adding up the cost for a year, you could save a lot of money.

• Ease of Preparation:

cheap yes.. Good on baby's tummy NO..

from Bethel, OH

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

I bought this product for my baby when she was first born. I was happy about the fact that I got more in the can than with similac and for a cheaper price. It seemed to be the same as similac so I was happy to buy it. After a week of my baby drinking it she became very irritable and constipated. We quickly switched to the regular similac and the problem cleared up quickly. I guess the cheapest is not always the best. For baby's gentle tummy's I recommend spending a little more to get the name brand.

Love this formula!

from Wayne, MI

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

I was leerly about using off brand formula for my baby at first. I felt cheap, and I wanted to give my baby the best of everything. I was only supplementing with formala in the beginning, so we mainly used the similac cans that came as a free sample. When my supply went down, and I had to actually start purchasing formula I realized how costly it could be. Since I had planned to exclusively breastfeed, I never really planned for this expense.

A friend introduced me to Parent's Choice, and I cautiously fed it to my 3 month old baby, and he was fine! He was full and happy, and did not seem to notice the difference at all! I am very happy with this formula, it is less than half the cost of name brand competitors. I think I am doing the best for my baby but putting that money to use elsewhere for him.

The only difference that I can see in the formula is the packaging. i believe you are paying a lower price because you don't have to pay for the advertisements, and the free samples that name brands send to hospitals. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

Parent's Choice Advantage Great for Older Babies

from Tooele, UT

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

I started to give my son formula when he was 9 months - he was exclusively breastfed until then. We started giving him formula at the same time we started introducing solids into his diet, so I used it both for bottles and for mixing with cereals.

After going through all the free sample stuff in a bunch of different brand names I went to the store to scope out the available formulas. Yeesh, even with their "high value" coupons, all other brand names of formula were at least twice as expensive as Parent's Choice. I decided to try it.

I guess I should say ahead of time that my son has had few feeding problems: no real issues with spitting up, gassiness, colic or anything like that. Your baby may need a fancy formula with a fancy brand name and a fancy formula just for spitting up, etc. Mine didn't. He took the parent's choice formula without blinking and I don't think he could even taste the difference.

If you're weaning an older kid who's not all that fussy, there's no need for fancy. This stuff works great, feeds them well and gives them everything they need, so why pay more?

Parents Choice is Our Formula of Choice

from Sanborn, IA

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

I nursed our son and wanted to bottle feed at the same time. I tried different formula's and the only one that didn't make him spit up a lot was Enfamil but it at was way out of our budget. I was very excited to see that Paren'ts Choice makes a formula that is very similar to Enfamil. I checked the label and it is practically the same thing at less than half the price! Our baby is now five months aold and is exclusively bottle fed with Parents Choice Formula. This is a formula that I would recommend to others who have found a name brand formula that works for them but are looking for something more economical. I have only used the one comparable to Enfamil but we are very pleased with the outcome!

Best Parent Choice Formula

from Siloam Springs, AR

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

I was able to enjoy bottle feeding my daughter using this formula because it did not cause her any discomfort. No fussy, gassy, and limited spit up if any at all. I did not have to feel like I was depriving her of nutrition since it is the same as the name brands, and she stayed on the top of the charts with growth and development.

Don't LOVE it!

from Billings, MT

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

I tried this formula because of the price.  It is definetly more affordable than most brands.  My bay didn't seem to notice a difference.  The major drawback to me was the smell.  Don't get me wrong, formula doesn't smell all the great to begin with.  I tried two cans, thinking it was just the first one, but the second one did too!!  It wasn't just me either- my husband said it reminded him of cat food.  If you don't notice the smell, or it doesn't bother you....than Iwould reccommend it!

Parent's Choice Advantage is just as good as the expensive one

from Merry Hill, NC

Comments about Parent's Choice Advantage Infant Formula:

Parent's choice Advantage formula is just as good as enfamil or similac. My daughter had problems with similac, and enfamil was so expensive that we tried this. She had no problems with it. It seemed to be the same formula as enfamil, but much cheaper. I was let go of my job when i was pregnant and due to being pregnant could not find another job. Because of this we were on a strict budget with everything, so we needed something cheaper to feed her. I tried breastfeeding, but that did not work out, so I had to resort to formula. I kept her on this until she needed to move up to the next step, and she loved that too. I had no problem with gassyness, constipation or spitting up with this formula, that I had with similac. I could also switch to enfamil if I needed to, and back and she had no side effects from it. This is a great product for those watching thier pennies, or not. It works just as well as pricey formulas, and had no side effects that other formulas seemed to have.