Other Hair Conditioners:
Pantene

Pros

Cons

Give It A second Chance

*Im usually pretty careful about selecting shampoos and conditioners for my family so I tend to search for opinions and blogs. I like to check out hair stylists websites and see the latest trendy shampoos and conditioners. Ive bought cheap conditioners before and some were ok while some left behind like a heavy resade build up in my hair making my hair feel heavy. I even had a couple of conditioners leave a surprise that I did not even notice until I went to go wash my hair again, What happened was I wet my hair and the conditioner I had used previously must have just sat there anyways when I wet it to wash it again my hair went kind of foamy so I rinsed it well trying to get it all out and then I added the shampoo to wash my hair. The shampoo must have reacted to the conditioner that left itself behind in my hair because my hair went all gummy. It was like you when you do not have enough water in your hair and you put shampoo in it and its dry and gummy like and you add more water and your fine, WEll Thats what my hair looked like with lots of water.

I ended up going to a hair salon and the girl there ended up helping me do a chemical strip not for the color but for the shampoo and conditioner,I learned shortly after that the company pulled the conditioner off the shelves.

You cant avoid cheap shampoos and conditioners when shopping for products for your hair as sometimes cheap is better than the high priced shampoos and conditioners. I think you just have to experiment to find what works for your hair type and satisfys you for the look and feel that you want.  avoid cheap shampoos but sometimes I will try scents and Im always looking for a really good conditioner

My friend the other day got a sample of this conditioner and shampoo  well let me tell you on virgin hair that is long and straight it is really really fantastic

She washed my daughters long blonde hair that to is virgin hair and it is wonderful and shiny and brought to life

smooth silky shiny what more could you ask for im really happy

Causes massive buildup!

I bought this conditioner a few months ago after seeing it for a good price at Costco. I had heard good things about Pantene's products, and figured that if I hated it, I could return it under Costco's liberal return policy. Needless to say, after a few weeks, I returned the unused conditioner for a full refund.

My first impressions of the Pantene Volume Conditioner were really good. It smelled great, and was very thick and creamy. It was easy to apply throughout my hair and left my hair feeling soft and moisturized when I rinsed it out. There were minimal knots in my hair after I got out of the shower, and the ones that were there brushed out easily. After drying, my hair really did seem shinier than it had been before I started using this conditioner, though not really more voluminous.

All of this sounds great, and it was, until about 2 weeks after I started using the conditioner. I'm not sure if it's because they load up the conditioner with silicones and waxes that initially make your hair look great, but eventually build up, or not, but after a couple weeks my hair started looking heavy, dull, greasy, and lifeless. I washed it with a deep cleansing shampoo that removed all the residue, and tried this conditioner again, but the problem repeated itself. Unfortunately, I can't recommend a conditioner that goes from great to terrible so quickly. I returned my bottles to Costco, and I won't make the mistake of buying it again.

This is my every other month conditioner.

from Johnstown, NY

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• adds volume
  • Controls Frizz
  • Easy To Use
  • Non-Greasy
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Heavy

• Any hair type

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner:

I wash/condition my hair 5 x`s a week. I love the scent of this conditioner; smells fresh yet mild. I have long (mid back) hair and love the added volume that I get from this product. I do find that after about 3 weeks of use my hair feels "weighed down" so then I switch to a different conditioner for about a month. The other conditioner doesn't give me the softness and volume like this one does so I rotate; going back to Pantene every other month.

• Hair Type:
  • Wavy Hair

Causes massive buildup!

from Voorhees, NJ

Wonderful for tangles!

from TN

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner:

My hair goes down to my waist so on any normal day I tend to get plenty of tangles. I have tried numerous hair conditioners with little luck. Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner finally gave me exactly what I was looking for. I absolutely love it. I use it along with the volume shampoo and it works wonders. It gets out most of my tangles and makes my hair so much easier to brush after showering. I also love the fact that after using the volume conditioner my hair is not flat to my head. Combined with a hair drier, this conditioner gives my hair lots of life. The price is also reasonable. There are conditioners that are considerably lower and higher priced, so this one falls right in the middle. To save money you can buy smaller bottles too. I would recommend this conditioner to anyone who wants silky hair that is manageable.

Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner works perfectly for me. It gets rid of tangles and leaves my hair with nice volume.

I love the way Pantene's conditioner smells! After I shower you can still smell it in my hair and also outside my bathroom!

Volume Conditioner is the perfect name for this product. Great V

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner:

One of my favorite products. Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner is great for fine but thick hair. It adds unbelievable volume and makes your hair so soft. Easy to control and silky.
Usually do not have to wash hair everyday with this conditioner. Most conditioners feel heavy on your hair, but not Pantene.

Great effectiveness. Does what it says, creates volume. I love the feeling of my hair after using this conditioner. Easy to control, much more volume than other products I have tried.
No greasy feeling when applying, and a clean feeling when I blow my hair dry. It also helps control the fly away hair on very dry days.

Love the scent. Always a fresh and clean feeling when done using this conditioner. I get quite a few comments about how my hair smells so fresh. I get asked a lot on what products I use and why. I tell them Pantene and they sometimes seem surprised. No surprise for me.

Decent conditioner that's worth using

from San Gabriel, CA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner:

I've started using this Pantene Pro-V sheer volume shampoo a year and a half ago when I first bought it in a warehouse store aka Costco. And I've never changed to another brand since. It works well in conjunction with the Pantent pro-v volume shampoo as I've bought both in the same shopping trip. After you've used the shampoo, your hair will feel a little "stiff", it's actually normal to many regular shampoos out there (not counting the 2-in-1 shampoo plus conditioners). It's actually a good time to use the conditioner right after you've used the shampoo as it will make your hair "un-stiff" or smooth so to speak. It's very easy to wash it off too, even easier than the shampoo itself as it won't stay in your hair for long when you run the water through your hair, it will come off much easily, you'll know what I meant when you used this once. I would recommend using this along with Pantene Pro-V volume shampoo, they works wonder together, you won't regret it.

Pantene Pro-V Conditioner pampers my hair

from Newton, NC

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner:

As I have gotten older my hair has changed alot. Besides the gray - of course - it seems to be thinner and gets tangled easier. The thinning I am sure comes with age. The tangles probably come from fighting with a 100 pound Rottie for the pillow every night..lol! In addition, my hair just seems to wanna be flat. Now I don't really care for the puffy beehive hair, but I don't want it so flat on my head it looks like it is greased down either. I used the Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner while staying at my mom's one night and was lovin this stuff. First, I love the smell! The feel of the conditioner itself is so silky. I felt like I was finally getting to have some of the luxury I deserve when I used this conditioner. It made me feel like I was special,lol! After my hair air dried, I was impressed with the look and feel of my hair. The tangles came out easily, my hair was shiny and so soft and I even had lost the flat head look. This conditioner did not make my hair feel heavy like some conditioners do. I love this product, but it is a little pricey for me. I will buy it when it is on sale or just go to mom's and use hers. If it is in your budget, treat yourself - you deserve it!

from Columbia, KY

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner:

I have used Pantene products for years and I can say without a doubt Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner Is the best product for my hair on the market, hands down. I use the Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner mostly because I have to wash my hair every day. I must blow-dry it to keep from getting a chill because it is so thick. Not just thick, but, also very, very fine. The Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner keeps my hair from getting the frizzies after blow-drying and leaves it soft as silk. I first started using Pantene products in Florida years ago. The dry, salty air would dry my hair out fast and Pantene was the only thing I found to help keep it from becoming dry and brittle. Now when I visit Florida,I always put a little Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner on my hands and run my fingers over my hair just to keep it free from some of the drying effects of the ocean. I would be lost without it. Hey, what can I say?

Pantene Volumizing Coditioner

from Elyria, OH

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner:

I have had flat, fine hair my whole life, and I assumed I would never find a conditioner that would help with this.  Boy, was I wrong.  The new Pantene Fine Volumizing Coditioner really works for me.  I use it in conjuction with the fine to volume shampoo and couldn't be happier with the results.  I have tried just about every brand of volumizing shampoo and conditioner and only had marginal results.  Until now.  I just love the way that this really solves a problem for me.  The really expensive salon brands can't deliver results any better than this.  Usually conditioner leaves my hair good for only one day, but with the Pantene, my hair is still volumized and clean the next day without weighing it down.  It makes styling my hair a snap, and the style even stays longer.  The smell is really nice, it's not overwhelming, but is just right.  It is really nice to be able to have the hair I always wanted.

from Largo, FL

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner:

I have colored my hair for many years and I need a good conditioner. My hair is also very fine. Pantene Pro-V Conditioner is the best conditioner I've found for my hair. It makes my hair very soft and very full looking, just the way I like it. Out of all te different brands I have tried over the years, this is the tops.

Couldnt live without this conditioner!

from Franklin, NJ

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner:

I tell this to everyone I know: I absolutely couldnt live without this conditioner! I have naturally wavy hair so I usually have to blow it out straight. But my hair always looks like crap if I dont use Pantene Conditioner. I usually use the Straight & Smooth type and it works great with the hot setting on my hair dryer. Honestly, my hair always looks shiny - never frizzy and never damaged. I occasionally dye my hair and sometimes it ends up looking a little dull or damaged but after a few uses with this conditioner my hair is back to its normal healthy look.

I've also tried high end conditioners that you can only by at specialty stores but I find that they dont keep my hair as smooth as I like. The only negative thing that I will say is I cant use both Pantene Shampoo with Pantene conditioner because my hair becomes too soft and it has no volume. But I always will recommend using just the conditioner.