Other Shampoos:
Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo

Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo

Pros

Cons

I love pantene sleek and shine shampoo

i first tried Pantene sleek and shine shampoo about 7 months ago.  It was a usual day of grocery shopping and I remembered I needed to pick up shampoo.  When I reached the shampoo isle, my first instinct was to get the usual, Dove moisturizing shampoo. Lucky for me, it turns out, that Pantene was placed next to my usual choice in shampoo at this particular store.  I reached for the usual brand, but mid reach I strayed from the usual and grabbed the Pantene.

The following day when I took my morning shower I cracked open my new bottle of shampoo.  I washed as usual, towel dried my hair as usual, only this day I didn't put my hair up as I usual would (due to this puffy frizzyness that  A few hours went by before I even thought about my hair again.

I'm used to the crazy puffy frizzy hair, and I mean it's BAD unless I keep my hair up in a bun until fully dried (which takes several hours!!).  Well this particular day, only a few hours after having towel dried, I looked in a friends car mirror.  I WAS SHOCKED, in a good way.  I had beautiful, shiney, soft, subtle waves in my hair!  I know you're thinking 'the bottle says "sleek" and this woman is saying her hair was wavy.'  Trust when I say that this is "sleek" for me, as I mentioned before what my hair is always like.

Well, this was the moment I fell in love with this shampoo.  I give it 4 stars, not 5, because there are the occasional days (usually humid) when my hair gets a little out of control.

Sad that I can't use it anymore

I'm very sad that I can no longer use Pantene Smooth and Sleek shampoo and conditioner. I loved the stuff, but recently I developed an allergic reaction to it. I'm not sure if the changed the formula or it is just a cruel fluke of nature, but I really miss this shampoo and conditioner.

I can only speak to the shampoo and conditioner as a set, because I always used them together. I have straight, fine hair and these products did it wonders. My hair always came out looking soft and silky. And it stayed looking good for a few days (I could wash my hair either every other day or every third day).

The scent was very mild and plesent, but it didn't smell girly (my husband and my brother both used it as well). It was nice to be able to buy just one shampoo and conditioner for everyone. And although it was a bit pricy when full price, I could almost always buy it on sale or with a coupon making it very good value for money.

Too bad I can't use it anymore.

Effective for frizz control

from Hughesville MD

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Curly Hair
    • Daily Use

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

Using Pantene Smooth and Sleek Shampoo for two months now and love it! Shampoo has light, fruity smell and rich, creamy lather. My hair is clean, hydrated and super soft. My curls are full of body, bounce and shine! I use less styling products now, because I have less frizz. My hair is always prone to frizz with humidity and I flat iron a lot also and this product is great at maintaining a healthy look!

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

Good stuff

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

I loved this stuff! I have extremely long hair, pushing 3 feet long and it's very easily tangled. I have used just about every brand of hair product out there and this stuff is the best. I used the smooth and sleek with argan oil and it was amazing. After one use my hair stayed soft into the next day and I hardly had any tangles to brush out. After a week of use my hair was no longer frizzy and unruly. I used to always have frizz sticking up off the top of my head and I don't anymore. I don't need to use a flat iron anymore which is a huge time saver. I'm very pleased with this product and would recommend it for frizz, dull hair, and definitely to reduce breakage.

Best shampoo for frizzy hair.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

I have very frizzy hair, and found this product very helpful at managing it. My hair has slight curl to is so it become frizzy and dry, especially now during the winter months. Pantene in my opinion is in the middle where hair care products are concerned. It's not real expensive, and very affordable for a salon like product. I love Pantene products, and I found this product to be even better than most of theirs. Really helps manage frizzy and dry hair! Also it's great for long and curly hair too, my daughter uses it and it has transformed her hair too. No more frizz or fly away hair. Just healthy luscious hair!

This brings tons of moisture to your hair, without the grease some product have. It tames the frizz and leave it smooth and full of volume. Since buying this product, it's the only shampoo I use. It's hard to find a shampoo that moisturize, and this Pantene does just that! I use different conditioners besides Pantene, but this is the only shampoo I will use now.

Wonderful scent, like all Pantene products!

Pantene Pro V

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

I have been buying this shampoo for about 2 years now. I use it on my own shoulder length graying hair and my 18 year old college student daughter uses it on her long thick hair. It smells wonderful. It lathers well and does not leave either of our hair frizzy and dry nor does it leave our hair oily. It does not seem to dry the scalp and rinses out easily. It is fairly easy to find at most drug stores, big box stores and grocery stores. I also like that the manufacturer is pretty good about putting out coupons on a fairly regular basis for this product. It is available in several different sizes including a convenient travel size and has an accompanying conditioner. My only complaint with regular use of this product both my daughter and I have noticed an increase in our hair falling out after and during washing. Some hair loss is natural but there has definitely been an increase with this product. She and I have both agreed that we will go back on the hunt for a new shampoo and conditioner once our present bottles are empty. Once we started researching we found other women that have commented to having similar experiences with this brand and hair loss. So for our family anyway we will no longer buy this brand.

Great shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

I have been using this shampoo for a number of years. I have hair that is thin and tends break easily. When using other shampoos my hair would get dry and frizzy. When I regularly use Pantene Smooth and Silky my hair has more body and looks much healthier. Since I have been using Smooth and Silky my hair lies flat rather than 'fly away' and has a shine to it. Most importantly it does all of this without my hair ending up feeling heavy and almost oily as other 'smooth' shampoos have left it.
    Pantene Smooth and Silky also smells great. The scent is fresh and light. It is very pleasant and not overpowering as some shampoos can be.

It only takes a small dab to completely clean my hair and keep it feeling clean all day long. While this shampoo is not cheap a bottle lasts a long time making it a great value.

Pantene makes a matching conditioner. Together or separately they leave your hair feeling great!

Helps keep my hair from getting frizzy.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

Pantene Pro-V is one of my favorite shampoos, and I especially like the Pantene Pro-V Smooth Shampoo because it really helps keep my hair from getting too frizzy. My hair is thick and very long, and I really like the smooth shampoo to keep my hair manageable. It makes my hair clean and shiny, and it helps keep my hair moisturized.

I also have color-treated hair, and this does not strip the color or make it less vibrant than when I leave the salon.

I also like that this shampoo is convenient to purchase. You can buy it at pretty much any grocery store. In addition to being easy to find, it is reasonably priced. It's not the cheapest shampoo, but it is not as expensive as other shampoos of its quality.

This keeps my hair clean and from getting oily. It also keeps my hair really soft and shiny.

I love the scent of all Pantene Pro-V products. It keeps my hair smelling nice all day long.

I LOVE IT!!!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

I absolutely love Pantene Pro-V Shampoo. This is the only shampoo that I can find that helps keep my hair smooth and frizz free. It works best if you use the pantene pro-v conditioner with it. The price is a little pricey though but if your willing to pay more to make your hair look and feel great then its worth it. The scent is amazing as well.

I have the type of hair that is very hard to tame. My hair frizzes out and takes a long time to straighten with a flat iron. By using Pantene Pro-V Shampoo it helps keep my hair smooth which takes less time in fixing it because my hair isn't as frizzy as it usually is if I don't use this product. To get the maximum use out of this shampoo, I would use the conditioner as well. I highly recommend this shampoo for anyone who has problems with out of control hair like mine.

It smells heavenly. This is the best smelling shampoo I have ever tried. Trust me you would love the way this shampoo makes your hair feel and smell.

I love this shampoo!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

This is a great shampoo at a great price. I grew up with a mother who was a cosmetologist and used all of the well-known salon brand name shampoos as a child. However, as an adult, I cannot afford to purchase salon quality brands. So I purchase this shampoo instead. It has a great packaging, easy to grasp bottle. The bottle is easy to open and close while your hands are wet in the shower. It has a wonderful scent and suds very nicely when washing your hair. I always wash and rinse two times when using this product, just because I like the way that it makes my hair feel. I have naturally very fine, frizzy hair, so I enjoy the soft sleeky feel that it leaves my hair feeling after just the shampooing itself. When I blow dry my hair, the same silky, smooth, sleek feel is still there all the way up until styling my hair. I highly recommend this product to someone who has curly, or frizzy hair who is looking to smooth it out and looking for a sleeker look. This product is sold at every major retailer and is very easy to locate within the shampoo section of the store. This product is also very reasonably priced for the quality that it provides.

Pantene Pro-V helps to calm my frizzy hair

from New York, NY

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

I have very thick, coarse hair which has a tendency to become rather dry, especially in the winter months. Because my hair is so thick, the humidity in the air causes my hair to be more prone to frizz. Anyone that suffers from frizzy hair knows how much of a nuisance this can be and also how hard to can be to tame your unruly hair. Fortunately, Pantene Pro-V Normal-Thick Smooth shampoo helps to smooth out my hair and helps to lock out the humidity thus reducing the frizz from forming. Using Pantene Pro-V Smooth on a regular basis allows me to get the hair and style that I want.

Pantene Pro-V Smooth leaves my hair feeling soft and silky. Prior to using this shampoo running a brush through my hair was quite a challenge. My hair would get tangled in knots and my hair would be so wild. Now, I can brush my hair without pain and actually style my hair instead of having to wear it poker straight.

I also like the scent of this shampoo. It has a very fresh and clean smell to it. It is not fruity or sweet like most other shampoos. If like me you have long, dry, thick, coarse hair then I would recommend you try Pantene Pro-V Smooth shampoo as it worked wonders for me and I am sure it can for you too.

my prefered shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo:

This is my favorite shampoo. I love the smell, it always leaves my hair soft and manageable. I still have some frizz even with the shampoo but it definitely helps the frizz more than any other shampoo I have ever used. I have been using this shampoo everyday for awhile and I can honestly say it does not leave any buildup in my hair so I never feel the need to switch shampoos every once in awhile to keep my hair feeling clean. In fact I think this is the first shampoo I feel comfortable using every day with no end in sight. It is a great shampoo for the whole family my husband, children and myself all use it with no complaints. I am always getting compliments about the smell and softness of my hair. It is very moisturizing also, I have a sensitive scalp but have not encountered any problems with this shampoo at all and for me that is rare. I am a devoted pantene user from here on out!