View more hair conditioner

Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner

Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner

Pros

Cons

Works as promised but not my favorite

I have used all sorts of shampoos and conditioners from all different types of companies and brands. Since my hair seems to have a mind of its own I often times try to stick to purchasing products that will help tame my frizzy hair. I was also looking for a product that would leave my hair looking and feeling healthy. You know that look that you get when you leave the salon? I want that but I wanted it in my own home!

Pantene had recently come out with a new line of products and I was most interested in the Pantene Pro V Medium Thick Hair Solutions Conditioner Frizzy to Smooth. I have used the product along with the shampoo and experienced a pretty decent result. My frizzy hair has been tamed and has become very smooth. I try to use the Pantene Pro V Medium Thick Hair Solutions Conditioner Frizzy to Smooth on a weekly basis though not daily. I have found that when paired with other frizz-reduction products Pantene Pro V Medium Thick Hair Solutions Conditioner Frizzy to Smooth works GREAT and provides noticeable results.

I recommend this product though I will say it is not my favorite brand to use. Overall 9/10.

Smooths but weighs down hair

I love the idea of this shampoo and conditioner.  It seems like a great idea to be able to personalize more like this.  I have a LOT of hair, but it's not coarse so I have trouble finding something to work a lot of the time.  I need something that moisturizes but doesn't weigh my hair down since it can be fine.  I also have quite a bit of body to my hair, but not enough that it curls nicely on it's own.  So I spend a lot of time drying and flat-ironing it each day.  This can really dry it out and leave it lifeless.  This shampoo and conditioner has a great smell, light and fresh but not too overwhelming or fruity.  I like it for the most part but can't use BOTH of them every day.  After to many washes and conditions I end up with a head full of residue no matter how much I try to rinse out!  The top of my head ends up feeling grimy and sticky!  So I just alternate using another shampoo with the conditioner, or a different conditioner with this shampoo.  I probably won't buy it again though since it's too much trouble for me to remember which I'm supposed to use when!

Nice For Frizzy Hair, Although It Does Weigh Hair Down Slightly.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

My hair has been damaged from hair care products and the environment which has led to making my hair frizzy. I used to have really nice almost straight hair, and it was more oily in texture when I was younger. Now I've lost a lot of the healthy shine I once had to my hair. Pantene is pretty good at restoring back into my hair when I use it. This does a great job of controlling frizzy hair, and restoring some of the shine that I used to have naturally.

Pantene Frizzy to Smooth conditioner is a great product to use on damaged and frizzy hair. I have marked it a seven on effectiveness because it does seem to leave a slight coating on my hair. I think this is supposed to protect hair follicles from further damage, but I don't think it's very healthy for hair to have this texture. It also weighs hair down slightly, so I wouldn't recommend this for people that want more bounce to their hair.

This conditioner has a nice light fragrance, like most of the products Pantene makes

used to be my go to, but now i wont use.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

While I used this product for years and always said I would never switch, I would always get comments at the salon about my conditioner leaving a buildup of wax on my hair. My hair would fall out in the shower and I had no clue why. I loved the way the product made my hair so smooth and soft, and tangle free, but I didn't think about what it was actually doing to the health of my hair. Needless to say, I switched to a healthier brand that delivered close to the same results without the "wax", and to my surprize my hair stopped falling out shortly after I switched.

It did a great job softening and detangling my hair, but did so by depositing wax on my hair all the years that I used it. So I would rate the effectiveness at "ok" but it doesn't help the health of your hair in the long run.

Always had a decent smell. Not so great that I can say " oh yes that always smelled wonderful" but it had a good smell to it.

Pantene Frizzy conditioner is great

from Tooele, UT

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

This conditioner works great for managing my thick hair. I have thick, thick hair. It's usually long because it grows so fast it would be expensive to keep short. And it absorbs water like a sponge so it takes forever to dry and is really sensitive to humidity. Pantene Pro V Medium Thick Hair Solutions Conditioner - Frizzy to Smooth is the best conditioner I've found to help keep my hair under control.

Makes it much easier to straighten and keeps it straight despite the (occassional, mild) humidity that we have where I live. It used to make my hair frizz up like crazy. Extreme humidity still does make my hair frizz up, but this conditioner works wonders against mild humidity.

I've also found that my hair normally takes a ton of product, much more than the recommended amount. To combat this, I use super cheap shampoo and Pantene conditioner. Pantene does enough moisturizing and protecting that I don't need my shampoo to do the same. It just has to do it's primary job of cleaning because a tiny bit of Pantene conditioner does all the rest.

Pantene always leaves my hair looking & feeling healthy.

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

I love trying new products, but I always have a bottle of Pantene conditioner on hand. It has been my go-to deep conditioner for many years, and it really is as good as any more expensive brand I have tried.

The Pantene brand has changed its products a lot over the years, but I always find something that I like. The latest one I've tried is the Frizzy to Smooth conditioner for medium-thick hair. It's specifically designed for hair that gets rough and frizzy, which I have struggled with for years. This conditioner seals out moisture to help keep the hair smooth and manageable, whether I blow-dry my hair or let it air-dry. The results are noticeable after only one use! I'm always able to easily comb through my hair after washing it; I rarely have tangles because this conditioner smoothes my hair so well!

This is a great product to use if you heat-style your hair a lot; it does a great job of smoothing dry, split ends. Find the Pantene product that is made for your hair type- they have a few different lines. I highly recommend it!* *

Smooths but weighs down hair

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

Pantene pro V frizzy to smooth works smoothly

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

I have VERY thick wavy/curly hair, my hair fizzes real easy. I have had issues for as long as I can remember with my hair frizzing out. I found this product and fell in love. My hair was smooth and silky after the first use, and no frizz. I always let my conditioner sit in my hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing. That seemed to help the conditioner to work better. My only problem is when I go to the store to buy sone more, they are out a lot of the time. It's great when I have it and smells really good.

Pantene Pro V Frizzy to Smooth works great!

from De Soto, MO

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

I use Pantene's Pro V Frizzy to Smooth conditioner on my daughter's hair and it works like a charm! She's always had light-weight hair that frizzes easily. This conditioner works well to add weight and smoothes her hair.

My Hair Is Gorgeous With Pantene Pro V Conditioner!

from Ossining, NY

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

This conditioner will NOT leave you disappointed! Pantene Pro V Medium Thick Hair Solutions Conditioner Frizzy to Smooth is the BEST conditioner I have ever used on my hair! I have a lot of issues with frizz, dryness, split ends, and overall unruly hair! I have dealt with these issues my whole life! But Pantene Pro V Hair Solutions takes care of ALL of those problems! My frizz is gone and my hair is silky and shiny! On top of that, the results last for DAYS after I wash my hair! My hair has never been so smooth and sleek and I've gotten so many compliments over it! My confidence is through the roof! It feels great! I recommend this Conditioner to anyone who has had the same hair problems as me. I guarantee you will see a difference!

Another winning product from Pantene.

from Weston, WV

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

I have always been a big fan of Pantene products! I recently purchased Pantene Pro-v Medium Thick Solutions to Smooth conditioner Frizz to Smooth. I have long, wavy hair that is somewhat course underneath. My hair can get completely wild and crazy on humid/rainy days and I am always looking for products that help control my hair and keep the frizz down. Pantene Pro-v Medium Thick Solutions does a great job of conditioning my hair and a great job of eliminating/reducing the frizz. I have found that my hair is much easier to straighten/flat iron when I use Pantene Pro-V Medium Thick Solutions. If you have uncontrollable, frizz prone thick hair in need of extra conditioning, I would highly recommend using Pantene Pro-v Medium Thick Solutions to Smooth conditioner. Pantene products are generally a little more expensive than other hair care products, but they are good quality products and worth the money.

Not for treated hair

from Fayetteville, NC

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner:

I have used pantene products for as long as i can remember. I stopped for a while because i heard it was the worst thing you can put on color treated hair. I recently bought some and used it. I loved how it did on my daughters "virgin" hair. But as for mine.... it felt dry and i even had to double up on the conditioner. After i got my hair smoothed down enough i basically had to re wash it by the end of the day because it made my hair feel heavy and weighed down... not to mention grimy. It didn't do on my hair at all. Its kind of pricey. It made my daughters hair shiny and smooth and soft. I decided to just use it on her hair. The smell is great. It helps keeps tangles out of her locks. I would suggest this to someone with natural hair... no chemicals or dyes. If you use this on chemically maintained hair, be prepared to user lots of conditioner and also be prepared to re-wash by the end of the day!!