Other Shampoos:
Pantene Pro-V Shampoos

Pantene Pro-V Shampoos

Pros

Cons

Pantene Pro-V Shampoo - Best drugstore shampoo money can buy!

**PANTENE** is a leading shampoo brand of hair care products owned by Procter & Gamble.The brand's most up to date and best know product is the conditioning shampoo **Pantene Pro-V** which stands for Pantene Pro Vitamin.**Pantene Pro V** shampoo promises strength against damage, moisture and shine in one week. They are specially designed to meet various specific hair needs and continue to help keep one's hair strong, healthy and looking fabulous.The **Pantene Pro V** range includes several types of shampoo including:PRO-V RESTORATIVES BREAKAGE DEFENSE SHAMPOO which helps stop hair breakage.  Pro V Restoratives - Breakage Defense Shampoo Helps - stop hair breakage Help weak, brittle, damage-prone hair gain the strength against damage it needs with the multi-pro-vitamins of Pantene's Pro-V Restoratives Breakage Defense system. Pantene's multi-pro-vitamin shampoo and conditioner system helps:Strengthen each hair strand from root to tip for dramatically less hair fall due to breakage.Repair damage to smoothness and prevent flyaways caused by breakage.PRO-V RESTORATIVES FRIZZ CONTROL SHAMPOO which helps repair damage to restore smoothness.Pro V Restoratives -Frizz Control Shampoo - All-day frizz control This collection helps treat the pervasive problem of frizz by locking in natural moisture and sealing out humidity—for virtually frizz-free locks. Multi Pro-Vitamin Frizz Control Shampoo works with Frizz Control Conditioner to help:Repair damage to smoothness and prevent flyawaysTarget the problem zone, mimicking the smoothness of the outer layer of healthy hairControl frizz by locking in hair's natural moisture and sealing out external humidity.PRO-V RESTORATIVES TIME RENEWAL SHAMPOOwhich gently cleanses and leaves hair strands smooth.Pro V restoratives - Time Renewal Shampoo - Undo up to 2 years of damage in one monthMulti-pro-vitamin formula gently cleanses and contains special detanglers that help prevent friction while smoothing the uplifted cuticles during the rinse phase, to leave strands smooth. The Pro-V Time Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner system helps:Restore up to 2 years of damage by repairing its sheen and silky feelTarget the problem zone, mimicking the smoothness of the outer layer of healthy hairPantene delivers damage protection no leading salon brand can beat. Satisfaction is guranteedOne is always skeptical when trying a new product. I can attest that this is by far the best product on the market.Pantene is the only shampoo that can clean my long hair completely from root to tip. I can come in from a long day's work or after a long exercise workout and wash my hair with Pantene, and not worry about whether it got completely clean or not. Pantene cleans and conditions my hair as no other can. I've tried all the high priced salon brands/formulas, and Pantene beats them all!This is a GREAT shampoo that is affordable for all. In fact the whole line of Pantene shampoos, conditioners, treatments and styling products are the best; there is bound to be a type just right for your specific hair type and hair problems.

If only other beauty products were so affordable and so good!A little know fact is that Natasha Bedingfield;s hit song Unwritten is used in Pantene ads all over the world.

RUN!! This is not what it seems!

I've been a hairstylist for 11 years.  I've tried most everything out there.  I can read an ingredients label and tell you what it all means.  The pantene product line is full of waxes, silicones and other coating and filling agents.  The detergent agent in it is no better than Dawn!  The waxes and silicones coat the hair shaft, giving the illusion of shine and strength.  Over time however these build up on the hair causing it to look dull, limp and visibly broken off.  Perm solution and haircolor wont penetrate this coating.  I have to use a special enzyme treatment to remove the buildup before I can perform these services.  This is one of the worst products out there.

Great shampoo

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

It is a pleasure to shampoo with the Pantene Pro-V shampoos. They have done wonderful things for my hair. Firstly, my hair is thin and fine. This is a recipe for disaster if the shampoos is heavy because it makes my hair look matted and thin. The Pantene Pro-V shampoos do not weigh my hair down. Rather, my hair looks like it has life and vitality after using the products. Also the Repair and Protect product which is one in the Pro-V line has really helped with the damaged areas of my hair, particularly the ends.

Secondly, many shampoos irritate my sensitive skin. The Pantene Pro-V shampoos have never caused me to have any type of reaction.

Lastly, the scent of this line of shampoos is just right. Some other shampoos have overwhelming fragrances. Not this case with these products. The scent is fresh and clean without overpowering and it lasts just long enough between shampooing.

I Have Grown Up With Pantene

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

I love Pantene Pro-V products. My mom used them first and I kind of just followed suit. It is hard to find any shampoo that can do for my hair what Pantene Pro-V does. It adds volume. It makes it feel softer. It always looks shinier afterwards and it brings out my natural curls, in a way I love. The scent of it is amazing and relaxing, to me. I feel like the smell lasts a long time, too. I have noticed the smell of it hours after I have showered, instead of it only lasting for about fifteen minutes after. All the results of the shampoo that I just mentioned, like the curls, the volume, the softness, and the shininess? Yeah, they all seem to last longer, too. Pantene Pro-V also just seems to feel more healthy for my hair than any other product. I typically don't mind buying generic brands, but when it comes to shampoo, I would rather stick with something name brand that I know works for my thick, naturally curly hair.

Good product for the price

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

I like the Pantene Pro-V brand. I like that there are many different kinds of shampoo and conditioner for different hair types and hair issues. It is also very convienent that my local stores have sales frequently. There are also usually coupons for the Pantene products floating around if you know where to look.

I used Pantene Pro V shampoos and conditioners for a while. At first they got my hair very clean, and left me feeling awake and vibrant. The conditioner gave my hair lots of volume and left me feeling confident. Unfortunately, after using it for so long, the shampoo stopped working. I would take a shower at night and by mid-morning the next day my hair would look dirty. I don't really know what happened.

I really like the Pantene Pro V scent. It seemed like the different shampoos for the different kinds of hair types smell just a little differently, so it's easy to change up your scent. I like that the scent isn't overpowering either. It is light, but just enough to leave you feeling confident and full of energy. The scent is a very nice compliment to the product.

makes my hair feel waxy

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

There's something about this brand of hair products that makes me keep trying them, believing that the next bottle will be different. But it never is. Every kind of shampoo I have tried from this line has been a dud. And they all do the same thing to my hair. I have extremely thick, curly hair that has a tendency to frizz. All the shampoos in this line weigh my hair down and doesn't combat any of the frizziness. This shampoo does give your hair shine for the first quarter of the bottle, but by the end your hair has such a buildup of wax that your hair just looks and feels greasy and sticky to touch all the time, no matter how long you rinse, especially by your roots. I have to use a baking soda paste to cleanse my hair and make it feel healthy again.
The scent is nice, with a fresh clean scent that lasts in my hair without being too overpowering and doesn't fight against the perfume I wear, but that doesn't excuse all the other negatives of this shampoo.

All of the Pantene Pro-V Shampoos work great!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

Pantene Pro-V has to be one of my favorite Shampoo brands of all time. They have different kinds of shampoos that are tailored to different hair types like. They have shampoos for people with long hair, color treated hair, and hair that needs to be less frizzy. At one time or another I have used all of these shampoos, and they have all worked great for me.

They are all gentle enough to use on color treated hair, and they keep my hair feeling clean for the whole day. The shampoos never make my hair oily, and they keep my hair moisturized and shiny.

Although these aren't the cheapest products, they also aren't the most expensive. They are easy to purchase at almost any location, which I really like because if you are travelling or move to a new city, you can still get your favorite shampoo.

Every single shampoo I ever used by Pantene Pro-V has worked really well. They help keep my hair clean and healthy, while also making it smell great.

Pantene Pro-V has a very good scent. I receive lots of compliments that my hair smells good when I use this shampoo.

Effective in morn but the grease factor midday cancels that out!

from Michigan

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

The only thing that I like about Pantene is that my hair comes out feeling soft initially after using it. However, my hair ends up feeling like it is dirty by the afternoon. It looks like I hadn't washed it at all. I could run my hands through my hair and feel the grease! It made my hair unmanageable, weighed down, limp and dull looking. I stopped buying Pantene. Not only does these products leave gunk in your hair, they are charging you an arm and a leg for it at the same time. I steer clear of Pantene. I would only use it if I forgot my shampoo and conditioner while staying at a hotel and all they had were Pantene products. I would have to plan for a bad hair day at that point.

The products are effective at first. The grease effect cancels that out by mid day. Plan for a bad hair day when using these products. My daughter actually asked me why my hair was so greasy!

It doesn't smell good. It doesn't smell bad either.

Basic, good shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

I have used Pantene Pro-V for as a long as I can remember. I have long, fine, thick hair and this shampoo cleans well and conditions my hair without irritating my scalp or causing greasy build up. The shampoo suds up effectively, washing away dirt and oil without overdrying your hair. The conditioner leaves a smooth after feel. I am careful with conditioner though, and try to only condition the ends of my hair. My hair tends to get oily after a day or so, so I try to keep the conditioning product I put on it to a minimum. I haven't used this shampoo with colored hair or damaged hair, but I'm assuming it would be okay.

I have never had a problem with the Pantene Pro-V line. I have used it for years without any problems. It cleans and conditions and keeps your hair manageable. The price is good for the product, and I feel Pantene helps prevent my hair from getting overly dry or brittle. Plus you can't beat the price when its on sale and you compare it to the other more expensive salon shampoos.

I think the smell is pleasant. I've used it daily for years, so its what I expect a shampoo should smell like. The scent is a light, vaguely sweet smell. It lingers in your hair if you don't dry it right away. But I don't notice a scent when my hair is dry.

My favorite non-salon brand!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

I'm the type of person that likes to try lots of new things, including shampoo. I've tried EVERYTHING out there when it comes to non-salon brands (Tressemme, Pantene, Suave, Aussie, Ect.) and everytime I come back to Pantene, I think wow - what was I thinking. It leaves my hair softer and more manageable than any either shampoo line I've tried. It is affordable and a great product for the value. I wish the smell lasted longer on my hair, but thats the one and only thing I can say I wish was improved about it. 15+ year Pantene user!

Leaves my hair feeling weighed down and greasy!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

I love to try different products including shampoos and conditioners all the time to see what is the best of the best. Pantene is one of my least favorite lines of hair care of all time. It leaves my hair weighed down and feeling greasy and gross! Pantene is a shampoo I will never use again unless the come up with a whole new formula!

Shampoo is supposed to leave your hair feeling soft and silky. It seems to leave my hair with a film on it, and that's just gross. I do not recommend any of the Pantene shampoos and I have tried a couple. I have color treated hair and I have used both their version for color treated and when they had a line for just blondes. I hated both.

I will give Pantene products one thing. they do smells fresh and clean, the way you want your hair to smell after washing. However, this is the only positive thing I can think of with my experience with any of the Pantene shampoos and conditioners.

Good product for the price

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoos:

My boyfriend has been using this product for years and when I run out of shampoo I always just use his for a while until I have time to run to the store. Overall this is a good product. For the price you are paying it does a good job at cleaning your hair without drying it out. I would buy it and use it again in the future. It is not anything special or amazing but it is a good drug store shampoo.

Overall Pantene does a good job at cleaning your hair. It strips all the junk out without stripping your hair of its natural oils. You hair will remain healthy and clean while using this product.

Overall this product does not have a very strong scent. It leaves your hair feeling soft and clean and smelling fresh. It is a good product for both men and women because it does not have an overly feminine smell. I like using it because will not clash with other scented products I use such as perfumes or lotions.