Other Shampoos:
Shampoo for Damaged Hair
Pantene
Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo

Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo

Pros

• Cleans thoroughly (3)

Cons

Good shampoo does it's job.

from India, Asia

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Dries Hair Out
  • Smells Bad

• Curly Hair
  • Daily Use

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

Good shampoo from Pantene. Does it's job efficiently.
I experienced difficulty with dandruff on occasions. This cleanser kept my scalp and hair looking sound and secured. I had gotten an example a year back and adored it so much that I have kept getting it and utilizing it on an each other day premise. It keeps my hair looking new and clean.

• Wavy Hair

Does what it says

from NY

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health

• Thicker Hair

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

I really needed something inexpensive and this helped until I could go to the Hair Dresser, but I really needed something, so I tried this and it helped. I have very thick hair that is naturally curly.

• Very Curly Hair

Does the Job

from UK

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly
    • Gentle

• Daily Use

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

Very mild smelling shampoo, can be used daily. It leaves my straight oily hair very clean and shiny.

• Straight Hair

Not one of my favorites!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

My hair is between an oily and a dry and is very grey now that I'm older. I had an opportunity to try a sample of Pantene so I chose this Pantene Pro V Repair & Protect shampoo to see how my hair would react to it. I like the way it suds's up and feels like it really cleans my hair, leaving it smooth and not frizzy at all. However, after my hair dries, it has a kinda gummy feel to it. Like there is a coating of something all over my hair. I rinse my hair very well and it still feels gummy when dried. I don't know, maybe this is the protectant in the shampoo. I know I don't like the feel of it! Makes me feel like I have to shampoo again, that it didn't get clean the first time. This product does have a very soft and pleasantly nice clean smell to it which is a big plus if it just felt like it was getting my hair clean. As far as the Protect & Repair part, I don't see any noticeable split or dry ends anymore and as I mentioned above, no frizz. It does seem to give some good body to my hair so it's not just flat and limp.

Great shampoo

from Port Huron, MI

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

I have trouble with dandruff at times. This shampoo helped keep my scalp and hair looking healthy and protected. I had received a sample a year ago and loved it so much that I have continued buying it and using it on an every other day basis. It keeps my hair looking fresh and clean.

Liking this Shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

I recently received a box of samples in the mail and inside was a bottle of Pantene Pro-V Repair and Protect Shampoo and also a conditioner. I have been using the sample for a few days now and here are my observations. The shampoo is an off white color, and is very thick when you pour it into your hands. It has a nice smell, not flowery or fruity, just a typical shampoo scent. I used a quarter sized amount for my hair since I have shoulder length hair. It lathered up nicely, but I didn't think it had enough staying power. I actually had to use a little more to get enough lather to feel like it really cleaned my whole head. It did smell really nice and it washed put easily. My hair felt soft after I washed out the shampoo. When I was ready to blow dry and style my hair it did feel softer and still smelled great. Throughout the day I noticed my hair was quite soft and there were no tangles. I would agree the shampoo does a good job of protecting my hair as it is always soft now that I have been using it. I think this is a good shampoo for everyday use.

This is a decent shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

I bought this because I was getting some split ends and thought I needed to treat them. This shampoo was good value for the price. The size was large so I was getting a lot for what paid for. I think the shampoo was decent for the split ends. I could feel that it was getting a little bit better. But I was not sure if it was very effective. The only small issue I had was that I felt like my hair was falling out a bit more than usual. I am not sure if it was because of the shampoo but I do tend to have a similar problem with Pantene shampoos. I never ended up using the whole bottle because there was too much and I easily get tired of shampoos. But this is a decent shampoo overall.

It did some repair to my split ends. It was not completely effective but it does recover damaged hair a little bit. However, I did notice that hair was falling out more than usual.

The scent is decent and not overpowering or strong.

Protect? Maybe. Repair? No.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

My hair is damaged, dry, and somewhat finicky. After years of coloring, bleaching, and styling it needs some help to look it's best. I was hopeful that Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect shampoo could help my hair's condition not only improve, but protect it from further damage.

This shampoo has a great lather, but that is about as far as my compliments can go. While I have no way to measure the amount of damage my hair incurs on a regular basis to know whether it is protecting my hair, I do know that it did not do anything to repair my hair. After 3 weeks of use I saw no noticeable difference in my hair's condition. In fact, my hair felt worse. After using this shampoo my hair would become stringy and hard to style or comb. I am a big fan of the Pantene Pro-V line of hair products, but this shampoo did not work for me. This shampoo could be more suitable for other hair types or less damaged hair.

This shampoo has the classic Pantene scent which is pleasant and light.

Nice Pantene shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

I just tried the Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo. I do not usually purchase shampoos of the Pantene brand, but I had received a nice sized free sample of the Repair & Protect Shampoo, so of course, I wanted to try it out. The first thing I noticed was that its scent is very mild and pleasant. I prefer fresh and/or mildly scented shampoos, so I was very happy about this. With just a small amount of shampoo, Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo cleaned my long hair very well. I look forward to washing my hair with Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo again. However, I am not sure if I would actually purchase this shampoo in the future. But if it came on sale at a good price, I definitely would seriously consider it.

My long hair felt perfectly clean after using Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo.

Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo has a very mild scent, which I really like!

Repaired my hair after brain surgery.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo:

I had brain surgery a little over a year ago. My surgeon decided it was best to shave my entire head due to the incision being from ear to ear. Shaving only half my head would leave for interesting hair styles as it grew back. As my hair started to grow back the texture was horrible and it was breaking and falling out. I tried many different products to try and get the texture back that my hair had before the surgery but had no luck. I was visiting my mom, one day and she had Pantene Pro V in her shower so I tried it. I was immediately amazed on how soft my hair was after it was dry. I decided to buy some on my way home and have been using it ever since. It has been a little over a month now that I have been using this product and I love it. The softness of my hair is back as it was before and there is little to no breakage or hair loss. I am truly convinced Pantene Pro V has saved my hair!