Other Hair Conditioners:
Pantene

Pros

Cons

I love Pro conditioner, it helps to calm my wavy hair.

Pro-V conditioner works great for me.  It helps so that I do not have to do as much with my hair.  I can wash, condition and air dry and still have very controllable silky hair without too much wave or curl. Makes my life of a busy, working mom better!  I have tried other products and my hair is either fly-away, too heavy with conditioner or doesn't help at all.  Pro V works perfectly everytime to make my hair shiny, manageable and lay the way I would l want it to.

I have moderately thick hair that tends to be a bit dry after I first wash it then can get oily after about 3-4 days without a wash.  I typically wash my hair every 2-3 days to keep it clean, moist, manageable and Pro-v helps it to look good. I wash my hair twice, [put in my Pro-v and let is sit while I shove and shower then rinse it and go.

Using Pantene has helped me to decrease my time "doing" my hair and decreased the number of products I use. I don't have to use other products such as, gel, or leave-in conditioner or bed head products even after a day or two. I do blow dry sometimes and sometimes let my hair air day, Pantene conditioner works well both ways.  It keeps my hair from being wavy (when I let it air dry) and keeps my hair from being fly-away when I blow it. The conditioner works great both ways.  It also seems to keep my hair healthy  even when I blow dry several days in a row.

I have used lots of other hair products. I tried this one, after a friend recommended it at her home while traveling about 15 years ago.  I was in love with the product as soon as I used the conditioner.  I went home and purchsased it the next day  and I have been using only it ever since that time. I take it with me when I use it when I travel. I take it with me to the gym. I use it exclusively at home. I use it wherever I am.  I hate it when I have  forgetten my conditioner on trips and will even go out and buy it because I love it!!! If I don't use it my hair is fly-away and wavy which I DO NOT like and it makes it hard to style and keep it styled and looking nice.

I also use it for my daughter who has the same hair as mine.  Hers tends to be a little dryer than mine and is also wavy.  When we use it on her she always says how much she likes her straight, shiny, full hair. Using Pantene conditioner, her hair is very shiny, manageable and styles more easily for me. She uses it about 3 times a week when she shower.  I wash twice, then put in the conditioner while  I finish up her shower then rinse I rinse out the conditioner, comb her wet hair out without tears! We style it and it goes the way we want it every time easily and quickly. Again, we don't use other products which is both a dolar savings and a time savings.  She has never had a problem with the product bothering her eyes or her young skin.  It keeps her scalp nice and moist even in our dry winters.

I find it works best if I rinse in warm, not hot water as it seems to leave a little more of the conditioner on my hair and makes it work at peak performance.  I also really like the way it makes my scalp feel.  It makes it so it does feel dry and my scalp is never itchy or flaky.  It is as if I am using a light lotion on my scalp.  I live in a very dry, cold climate so when the air is especially dry in the winter I never have fly-away dry hair when using Pantene conditioner. It keeps my hair manageable in the winter and summer regardless of how dry the air gets. It keeps my scalp moist as well and I just love the feel of both my scalp and hair.

The other thing I like abot Pantene Pro-v conditioner is that it is avalable.  I can go to the store to do my regular weekly household shopping and I can pick up my Pantene conditioner while I am already there.  I do not have to make extra trips to the hair salon or go ut of my way in any manner. Pantene is affordable and fits our budget.  It is not the most expensive nor it is the least expensive but it is a great product that is convenient for my busy life style and does not break the budget.  I can use for my and my daughter so that we do not have to have "one more" thing to  have to keep in the house no manage on my shopping inventory.

I love to refer my Pantene conditioner to the others.  When anyone coments on my hair, which they do often enough to mention, I let them know that I use Pantene Prov-  conitioner.  Seriously!  I think it is what brings the comments and I love it when anyone tells me they have tried and like it too.  I am really glad to have had the chance to revie this prodcut to tell others of my endorsement.

thanks Pro-v.

not really the best

Pantne extra straight conditioner let me down to say the least.  I am a long time pantene lover, and this conditioner will not change my mind on how much I love the whole Pantene line of products.  Howver, I found this conditioner to not be moisturizing enough, it took a lot to cover my hair, which is thick but only shoulder length and never requires as much as I had to use.  Plus when my hair dried, it was frizzier than it usually is, which it isn't very frizzy ever.  I don't know what it is about this conditioner, but I just didn't like it and was not impressed by my results from it.  I do admit, it has a pleasent scent, as all Pantene does, and it rinses clean and the scent does not stay in your hair, nor does your hair feel coated or waxy, as others may say.  But my hair just did not respond to this conditioner the way I expected.  I will not purchase this product in the future, but it is only based on my experience, just try it for yourself, everyone is different.

This Conditioner makes my hair Manageable.

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

I have been using this product for years and I am so pleased with this conditioner. I have a lot of thick hair, and it gets tangled when washing. This conditioner makes the tangles comb out easy and makes your hair feel so soft.

Love how it makes my hair feel after using. Easily removes tangles with a comb, and my hair looks shiny and so manageable.

I love the scent of this conditioner. Not a strong scent but a clean fresh coconut scent. Perfect for me.

Conditioner with Style

from Port Huron, MI

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

I have used Pantene Pro-V Conditioner on and off for about a year. I found that if I just put it on the hair from my ears on down that it keeps my hair from looking greasy as I wash my hair every other day. It keeps my hair looking clean and moisturized.This is a great product.

Salon Quality for sure

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

This is undoubtedly a great conditioner that really delivers. This rich formula worked wonders for my dry, damaged hair. I have wavy hair, and I tend to get frizzy hair really easily, and I found that this conditioner really hydrates and conditions my hair, making it much more manageable. In my opinion, I think this conditioner is just as effective as salon quality conditioners like Redkin, but this product is only a fraction of the cost. This is a great buy that I definitely recommend.

I was really blow away by how effective this conditioner was. It has a rich formula that replenished my hair with loads of hydration, and hydrated my hair root to end, reversing some of my hair damage and preventing future damage from occurring. I found that this conditioner works best when I leave it in my hair to soak for about five minutes. When I rinse it off, my hair feels silky, soft, and smooth. I feel like this conditioner makes my hair much more manageable, and it is definitely effective.

This conditioner has a sweet, fruity scent that isn't overpoweringly strong.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

Pantene Prov-V Conditioner is one good conditioner, it works well for hard to manage hair. I have curly, coarse hair that is hard to manage, this conditioner helps with this problem. This conditioner does help to smooth and condition my hair so it is a lot more manageable while using it. I love how this product is thick, so you do not have to use very much when conditioning your hair and this makes it last a lot longer. Pantene Pro-V Conditioner does not leave a lot of residue like most of the conditioners do. I highly recommend this conditioner to anyone looking for one that helps manage and repair damaged hair.

Pantene Pro-V Conditioner is very effective especially for hard to manage, damaged hair. It leaves your hair feeling silky smooth and looking so healthy.

This conditioner has a very nice, light, clean scent, it is not loud and overwhelming. I love how my hair smells after using it.

A solid conditioner

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

I went on vacation with my sister and forgot to bring my conditioner. We were at a beach house and there was no way that we were going to go back to civilization just for conditioner when she had her own big bottle there that I could use. I don't normally use this brand but hey, this was the perfect chance.
The scent is a little stronger than I, personally, prefer in a conditioner. After all, I'm stuck smelling it every time I move my head for the next few hours. Still, it wasn't offensive or bad. I didn't think that it smelled like old ladies had mauled my head with their perfumes unlike a few conditioners that I've tried.
It performed exactly as I expect for a conditioner to perform. Normally, water that I'm not used to using will dry my hair out and make it positively horrible to comb out while either wet or dry. Using this allowed me to be able to finger comb my hair while it was wet with a minimum of tangles. Once it was dry, my hair was just a little more flyaway than I would have liked for it to be but that could be the fault of the air where we were staying, too.
I would use this again.

Does the job it is intended to do

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

Although this is not one of my favorite conditioners I will give credit where credit is due. For the purpose of conditioning once you figure out the proper amount for your hair it does do an excellent job. I had a really big problem figuring out the proper amount because if I used to little my hair was dry and if I used to much my hair seemed to fluffy and not the soft but manageable that I was going for. The price is comparable and the scent was not to bad so all in all it is a very good conditioner my only problem was figuring out the proper amount to use.

My hair was very soft and very manageable after I figured out how to use the product so I would say that it is very effective doing the job it is intended to do.

I would say that the scent of this conditioner was pleasant. It was not over powering and did not linger all day like other conditioners can do. The smell of my hair was subtle and good.

This conditioner is great at taming my messy hair.

from West Virginia

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

I bought this conditioner because my hair is often frizzy. The formula of this conditioner is very thick and rich. I dispensed a small amount of product into my hand and worked it through my hair. It worked through every strand easily.

I could tell immediately that this conditioner was detangling my hair. I was able to get my fingers through my wet hair when using this so I knew that I was going to be able to get my brush through it dry.

I did notice it took a little longer to rinse this conditioner out because it had absorbed so well into my hair.

Once my hair was dry, it was soft and very manageable. I was able to brush it out and it didn't have as much frizz. This left my hair smooth and silky and the scent was great.

I like that this conditioner comes in the upside down shower bottle. I'm able to get every last drop of product out of the bottle.

This product conditions and detangles nicely. I was able to brush my hair out without having to fight the hairbrush. I also notice that I shed less and lose less hair when I use this conditioner.

I enjoyed the smell of this product. It has a citrus scent to it with hints of flowers. It's subtle but noticeable.

Worked well

from NA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

My hair is dry and split and so it looks messy if I leave the house without a serum. I have been using Pantene product since many years and this product was purchased by me in the year 2012. I noticed a difference in the quality of my hair within two weeks of using this conditioner and was more than satisfied with the results. Since my hair is short, the proportion of the conditioner I use is less and it forms a lot of lather when mixed with water and is easily applied to all the strands of the hair. I leave the conditioner in my hair for about 15 minutes so that it can work well.

The fragrance of this conditioner is amazing and it remains for hours after using the product. It is good to use this product everyday but I use it only once in three days. The conditioner can be accompanied with any Pantene shampoo and serum. The price of this product is quite high compared to other brands.

Leaves my hair feeling silky smooth!

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

After using this product, I would highly recommend it to everyone. For years, I experimented with conditioners of different brands and I finally starting using Pantene Pro-V Conditioner after experiencing a lot of frustration with lackluster results from the others. I have color-treated and damaged hair, and I have to say that this conditioner has made my hair feeling a lot healthier and looking more shiny than it had in years. It also made my hair feel smoother and gave it more volume. Not to mention, the scent of Pantene Pro-V's products is really enticing. Another reason why I love this product is that since I have very long hair, I tend to go through hair products a lot faster than normal, but I find that I do not need much of this conditioner in order to get the desired results. If you are looking for a cost-effective conditioner, I would definitely go with this one!

Seems to work well but seems to contain primarily chemicals

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Conditioner:

There are pros and cons to using Pantene Pro V conditioner, but probably more cons. First of all, my hair did actually seem to look nice when I used it. It would be shiny and would style nicely. Of course I never did use it for long periods of time because my scalp would flake quite severely if I would use it. It seems to contain primarily chemicals, not much in the way of natural ingredients. In my opinion, that isn't typically good for your hair or body. Also, alcohol, which is drying, is one of the first ingredients listed so over time I think that it can be drying on your hair over time, rather than moisturizing (which is really the purpose of a conditioner).

It's effective for a short period of time but can also cause build up (like alot of conditioners).

The scent is ok - I like that it is somewhat mild, but it is not a natural scent (as is the case with alot of shampoos/conditioners).