Other Shampoos:
Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo

Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Cream of the drugstore crop."

**This product in a nutshell: **is a very good drugstore conditioner that gently conditions my hair and gives it a healthy sheen.  Though I love to try out all kinds of haircare products, Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner gives me what I'm looking for and I always have a supply of it in my goodie cupboard of products!

Since I love sampling so many different types of haircare products, I tend to develop build-up from the not-so-stellar items.  From gels and serums to stiff mousses that make my roots crunchy, I need a shampoo and conditioner that effectively cleans and conditions my hair, while gently removing build-up from it.  This build-up can also make my hair unmanageable, so a cream conditioner that gets out all the tangles is absolutely vital.

After shampooing my hair with Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo, I squeezed out the excess water from my hair.  Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner comes in an upside down flip-top bottle that allows for easy dispensing of product.  I actually wish the shampoo bottle was shaped like that, too, since you can get every ounce of product out of the bottle before recycling the container.  The consistency of this conditioner is creamy, yet slightly watery and runny.  The scent is clean-smelling and pleasant.   Upon working the conditioner into my wet hair, some of the product slid down my forearms, so I overcompensate for that by pouring an even bigger glob into my palm to start with.  This is a little wasteful, but not a huge worry for me since Pantene is a fairly inexpensive drugstore brand that can be found anywhere.  With a wide-tooth comb that I keep in my shower, I comb my hair to ensure each strand is evenly coated and let it sit on my hair for a couple minutes.  When I rinse Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner down the drain, my hair feels so silky even before I towel-dry and comb it out.  My hair feels clean, conditioned, and is free of build-up.  I follow-up with my usual arsenal of product pandemonium and my hair remains very manageable and easy to style.

**I give this product 4/5 stars:** because it gently conditions my hair without weighing it down.  My hair smells great and it's tangle-free upon use.  Paired with its shampoo counterpart, this line is gentle enough for every day use.  I swap it out of my shower every 2 weeks, so that I can use other products and still keep my hair free of gunky build-up.  I recommend this product for everyone!

Pantene Classic Clean Shampoo leaves build up on scalp

I have used Pantene Pro-V Classic Clean shampoo and conditioner for years because my mother always buys it and I am usually too lazy to go out and buy my own favorite type of Shampoo. It smells simple and good, however every time after my hair dries i notice a white biuld up on my scalp and my hair is oily afterwards as well. Whenever I use any other type of shampoo or conditioner I do not experience this build up or oily hair. Lately I have been experimenting with other shampps and conditioners and have realized the drastic difference. For some reason this "classic clean" shampoo does not leave me feeling clean at all. When i talked to my friend who also uses it she said she experiences this build up too, and was troubled that she was constantly scratching at her scalp. She didnt think about how it could be the shampoo until i mentioned it. She now uses Garnier and has confirmed that she does not have oily hair or build up on her scalp anymore. I definately rinse out the conditioner well. I do not really promote this product, but my mom seems to have no problem with it.

I enjoyed using this shampoo.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

I bought this shampoo because I have always had a good experience with this brand. I had a good experience with this shampoo as well. It is a pretty basic shampoo. It does the job of getting your hair clean. My hair looked healthy after using it and stayed clean throughout the day. However, it did not give me the volume that other shampoos have. Therefore, it is not my top shampoo but it does do a good job. It is not overly expensive either. I would definitely recommend this shampoo for people on a budget or just looking for a basic clean. It is good quality and will treat your hair well.

It was very effective at getting my hair clean. It just did not give me the volume I was looking for. It does make your hair look clean and smooth.

The scent is great. It leaves your hair smelling really nice. I paired it with the conditioner from this brand. That helps the scent stay in your hair throughout the day.

One of the best affordable hair care products out there.

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

I am a hair-care snob. I admit that. I like to change my hairstyle often, so I spend a lot of time at the salon. Couple that with my natural curiosity, and I try LOTS of hair care products. ("Oooh, that's a new product! What does it do?") That being said, when times are tough, I am forced to revert to my old standbys. Pantene has always been one of my favorite "drug store" hair products simply because it does not destroy my hair. When I am using Pantene, I get complements on the condition of my hair from stylists and friends. It's good to know that something so affordable can treat your hair right.

A shampoo's job is to clean your hair. This product does that. That being said, it cleans without drying out or damaging hair. It provides shine and manageability. That's effective!

Pantene smells like shampoo; not like flowers, not like fruit; shampoo. The scent is mild compared to some. It does not have any overly harsh chemical smell, so that's nice.

One of the best shampoos

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo is a great product. It keeps my hair clean and oil-free all day long. I only need to use a little bit of this shampoo since a little bit goes a long way. I have color-treated hair, and I like that this is sensitive enough to use on my hair. It does not make my color fade at all. Also, it doesn't cause the color to become dull.

This shampoo smells great, and it makes my hair smell fresh all day long after I use it.

Although this is a little on the expensive side, I like that I can find it at any local store that sells shampoo. Also, there are normally discount coupons available for Pantene products.

This does a great job of cleaning my hair and keeping it from getting oily throughout the day. It's also gentle enough for daily use in my color-treated hair. I keeps it moisturized so I don't have to worry about fly-aways when I use Pantene products.

This smells great and keeps my hair smelling clean all day long.

Does the job

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

I have been using this shampoo and conditioner for over 10 years. It cleans my hair so well. My hair will never be like the models on the bottles, but as long as the shampoo cleans it well and smell beautiful, then I love it. My hair is very thick and long. It takes a lot to tame it. I use with Pantene shampoo and conditioner. the Pantene mousse and gel and hairspray. Pantene has such a clean and refreshing scent. Even after using other shampoos, I really miss the job that Pantene does. The shampoo has a creamy look to it and it only takes a small handful of it to wash all of my hair. It is more costly than other products, but not as much as the salon cleansers. I use a hot iron to my hair at least 3-5 times a week, and I therefore have a lot of split ends. I have never really found a shampoo or conditioner that keeps my hair ends from splitting. The feel of my hair after being washed is much smoother than after using the cheaper brands of shampoos.

Great shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

This is the only shampoo I ever use. I have tried others, and was not happy with them at all. Pantene Pro V makes my hair feel so clean, soft, and silky... when used with Pantene Pro V conditioner. On days that I have been in a hurry and only shampooed, I did not like the way it made my hair feel - it was not smooth at all. The combination of the two is the only way to do it.

very good shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

this shampoo is very good. it cleans your hair and lets it feel and stay clean. it works on all hair types and I recommend it to all. this shampoo works very nicely. but last time I checked it was a little pricey for the very large container. I would not recommend this however to little kids just in case it does get in their eyes it will hurt.

this shampoo works very well. it makes your hair feel and look clean.
all your friends will want your smooth hair. I recommend anyone unless you have colored hair, then I don't know ask your hair dresser. but besides that it feel nice and smooth on your hair. I did actually get comments about my hair and how nice it feels.

the scent of this shampoo isn't that good. you don't really smell that much but some people like it like that. personally I like scents in shampoo and I wish this one did have a nice one. I think I nice, pretty scent makes me feel calmer and my hair smell a lot better.

Nice Shampoo That Does a Classic

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

The shampoo that I use most frequently was unfortunately discontinued so I was trying to find a shampoo that was similar and would leave my hair clean and soft without it feeling brittle and dried out. This shampoo lathers up with a little bit of soap and makes a nice lather that rinses out clean and does not leave any soapy residue or heavy residue on your hair. The scent is nice as well and it leaves my hair soft and manageable. I use it for a while and then switch to another as it seems to dry your hair a bit after a long use. It s very effective in leaving your hair clean feeing. I do find it on sale frequently and there are always Pantene coupons in the papers. My hair is color treated and it works fine, I would recommend it for any type of hair but not dry hair. Long or short, thick or thin hair would all benefit from using this shampoo. Pantene always makes nice effective product and this one lives up to the same standards.

I love this shampoo.

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

Pantene is my favorite shampoo and conditioner brand. I like how it lathers up well, feels good on my hands as I apply it, and makes my hair look full, shiny, and luxuriant. The last time I went to get my hair cut, the stylist said that my hair had "waxy build-up" from using Pantene and tried to talk me into buying a salon brand that cost seven times as much. Well, I haven't noticed any build-up and I like my hair just fine when I use Pantene on it, so I refused and have stuck with Pantene. I'm happy I did.

I want a handful of main results from my shampoo: effective cleaning, lack of annoying scents, and a full look for my hair, which is usually between chin and shoulder length. Pantene delivers on all three counts. The amount of body it gives my hair is especially impressive.

I don't care much for scents in shampoo. I don't want to walk around smelling like a giant strawberry or rose. Luckily, with Pantene, I don't really notice a scent after my hair is dry. There is a bit of smell while I'm applying the shampoo in the shower, but it doesn't linger after my hair dries off.

Love this product!

from Middletown, OH

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

So shocked that this has such a low rating. I have tried other Pantene products and always come right back to the orginial! I love this product because it helps my thick, wavy and extremely dry colored hair. I first tried this as a sample years ago and have been hooked on it since. One reason my hair is always so soft and manageable! It helps me not have to do much with my hair but dry it and go and keeps it looking amazing! I also like that it keeps my hair smelling great for days! If I use other shampoos then my hair will usually smell like hair because its so dry it just sucks in the scent. But not with my Pantene! It is like it isn't dry and keeps its so great smelling soft and a nice not oily shine on it! I noticed other thick haired ladies also love this product, maybe they should gear it towards us :-)! I love this product so much!!!!!!!!!!! And the price is great and always coupons in the paper!

Great! for my thick long hair!

I love the lingering scent!

Swimmers Read This Now

from Glenwood, IL

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Shampoo:

Swimmers have to watch what they use after spending hours in the pool. This shampoo is a good clarifying shampoo and will help keep your hair strong and healthy. I am in a swimming pool two to five hours daily and my naturally dark hair bleaches out at the bottom and ends if not careful. Using this shampoo regularly has helped keep my hair from losing color and texture. I don't use it every time I shampoo, but once or twice a week. It helps keep me from suffering from a build up of the pool chemicals.

Not all clarifying shampoos are created equal. This one seems to leave my hair soft and managable. The clean smell doesn't overwhelm, but leaves a nice, clean scent.

I would recommend this shampoo to anyone who is concerned about chemical buildup on their hair, whether from swimming in a pool, to using hair products daily or over coloring their hair. Pantene's Clarifying shampoo does a great job of cleaning the hair without stripping it.

As an aquatic instructor I love this product. It helps keep my hair healthy.

The scent is pleasant and not over-powering.