Other Hair Conditioners:
Pantene

Pros

Cons

Pantene Pro- V Classic Care Softens and Smooths

Pantene makes some good, reasonably priced shampoo products and I have had good results when I use them. Pantene has some conditioners to match and one I have used and liked is **Pantene...Read complete review

Pantene makes some good, reasonably priced shampoo products and I have had good results when I use them. Pantene has some conditioners to match and one I have used and liked is **Pantene Pro- V Classic Care**.

**Conditioner Commentary:**

** **

Pantene Pro- V Classic Care is a thick conditioner that takes time to work into the hair and scalp. It has a nice fragrance that is gender- neutral and it helps make the hair smooth and soft.

Pantene Pro- V Classic Care requires a good deal of liquid in order to spread through the hair. I have short hair, but it still takes a good amount and that means those with longer hair will need to use a good portion of the bottle in order to completely cover all of the hair. The manufacturer recommends working it in by combing the fingers through hair with the conditioner. After a few minutes, it can be rinsed out. It takes time to remove completely from the hair, so one needs to exercise patience.

Pantene Pro- V Classic Care is a little costlier than Pantene Shampoo, but like the shampoo, this product is easy to find and works well. It takes a good amount of conditioner per treatment, but since most people don’t condition very frequently, the bottle should last for many weeks.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Pantene Pro- V Classic Care is a good conditioning product with a fresh scent and it does a nice job straightening and smoothing the hair. It adds softness, shine, and moisturization and it rates as one of the better conditioning products in its price range.

Hydrates well and softens the hair

Very nice, pleasant, gender neutral scent

Not Good For Thinner Hair

I've tried this conditioner and the conditioner for fine hair and I have noticed as well as my other friends who have the same type of hair is that when they use this conditioner they see a big amount of hair fall out. Yes I agree that this conditioner does smell nice, makes your hair shiny and feeling soft, but I can't over look that when I comb my hair through with my fingers a big of amount of hair just easily falls from my head. When I use a different conditioner my hair doesn't fall out as much as it did with Pantene so I have avoided it ever since. Another thing is that this conditioner is very creamy and easy to spread onto your hair, but I would have to be under the water for a very long time for it to completely come off. When I need to shower I need to be in and out so having to take that extra time to rinse my hair is not my cup of tea. For women with fine hair I would avoid this conditioner and go for something with a lower ph. If you would like to try it you should and see how your hair reacts to it.

Great conditioner!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner:

I used this Classic Care Conditioner for the first time recently and had a great experience with it. I have extremely long and thick hair. Therefore, it is really hard to keep my hair hydrated. It is also really difficult to keep my ends looking healthy. I used this conditioner and got great results. My hair soaked it right up. I could feel a difference as soon as I put it in my hair in the shower. My hair felt soft and smooth as I rinsed it out. My hair was extremely easy to brush when I got done using it. It also helped my hair look really healthy throughout the day. It was soft and moisturized. My ends looked really nice as well. This is definitely a high quality conditioner, especially for the price you pay. I will definitely be using this conditioner again and highly recommend it to others.

I found it highly effective. It made me hair feel soft and smooth. It made it look healthier than a lot of other conditioners I have used.

The scent was not bad at all. However, it was not quite as sweet as I prefer in my conditioners.

Awesome product

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner:

I absolutely love using Pantene Pro-V Classic care conditioner! I love the way it makes my hair look. After using this particular conditioner my hair felt and looked so incredibly shiny, soft, and above all healthy! I particularly like the price of this product. Some hair care items can cost a lot of money but this conditioner was affordable and magnificent. I bought it from a grocery store too! It is so convenient and easy to purchase. I also thought it was very easy to use. You just apply it after shampooing your hair and rinse! Some conditioners take lots of time and require a lot of extra effort. I also absolutely adore the way this conditioner smelled particularly the way it made my hair smell. My hair smelled so fresh and clean! The scent was very nice and not overpowering! I definitely plan on purchasing and using this product again in the future.

An incredibly effective product!

An amazing scent.

Do not use with natural oily hair.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner:

I have natural oily hair. Its a challenge to find an inexpensive brand to help with that. So I decided to try the Pantene Pro-V classic care. My hair gets tangled so easily. I need a conditioner to help in the untangling process. This wasn't it. It made my hair look greasy and flat. It just stuck to my head. I don't recommend this for someone like me.

Pantene Pro- V Classic Care Softens and Smooths

from Houston, TX

**Conditioner Commentary:**

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Hydrates well and softens the hair

Very nice, pleasant, gender neutral scent

Pantene is the worst brand I have ever used.

from Belleville, MI

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner:

My mom has used Pantene for many years, so after being a Sunsilk customer for quite a while I decided that switching couldn't hurt - my hair likes to have some variation in what I use to wash it. I bought some of this Classic Care conditioner, along with the shampoo.

The shampoo was fine but EVERY TIME I used the conditioner, my hair was left greasy and made me feel horrible - not to mention selfconscious - for the rest of the day. I hated it to the point where I threw out the half-full bottles of both the shampoo and the conditioner.

Then, 6 months or so later, I read a magazine article that long-term use of Pantene has been known to make hair fall out! I can't believe how terrible this entire brand is.

Works great

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner:

Pantene Pro-V Classic Care conditioner is the best conditioner you can buy for the money. The consistency is probably what I like most about it. It's nice and thick, so you don't feel like you need to use half the bottle in order to get your hair nicey coated. It's creamy and smooth and feels good to massage into your scalp. After you wash your hair, you can immediately use this conditioner and let it set in your hair while you're washing and shaving. You can actually feel the conditioner moisturize your hair. And even though it has a thick consistency, it rinses completely out and doesn't make your hair feel greasy. But it does leave your hair incredibly soft and smooth. The smell is also very nice. It has a nice clean scent to it, which you can smell after your hair dries, but it's not too overpowering or perfumy. I will continue to use this conditioner because it works better than any other one out there that's sold for about the same price.

from Rocklin, CA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner:

What a treat to find such an affordable product that does such a great job! This conditioner is easily found at the drugstore or big box store and there are often coupons for it in the Sunday paper. I love the scent of the conditoner and I love the way it leaves my hair very soft and shiny. You only have to use a small amount because it is pretty thick and rich. I use it with the Pantene Pro-V shampoo and they work well together. I only condition about 3-4 times a week. I often use expensive salon shampoos and conditioners, but to give the budget a break, I use this periodically. I had received a sample for this Pantene conditioner and I was actually very surprised at how much I liked such an affordable product!

My hair loves Pantene

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner:

Pantene keeps my curly hair soft and manageable. I have tried different brands but nothing works for my curly hair. When I get out of the shower I love how fast it is for me to comb my hair. My hair smells so good and I love touching my hair when I use Pantene.

Pantene Pro-V Classic Care is really great

from Rock Hill, SC

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner:

I am writing this review for Pantene Pro-V Classic care conditoner. I live in South Carolina... up in the upper part of the state. The heat over here in the summer time can do a lot of damage to my hair. I am constantly either coloring my hair, or bleaching or using different applicances (like a hair straightener or a hair dryer) to get different to look a certain way. I also have cow licks and my hair likes to go where it wants to go. Finding a right conditoner for my hair has been difficult and I will say that I have been pleased with how Pantene Pro-V Classic care has done for my hair. With all the heat and other things that I do to my hair Pantene Pro-V classic care is able to bring some smoothness or softness back to my hair. There have been some times ... maybe once or twice a week where I will leave Pantene Pro-V classic care in my hair for a few extra minutes to extra condition my hair. I am very happy with this product and I will recommend it to my other friends here in the South.

Love Pantene!

from Denison, TX

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner:

I've tried a lot of shampoos and conditioners and always come back to Pantene. Suave, Herbal Essence, sure there are cheaper, more cost effective brands out there, but not with the quality that I associate with Pantene products. P&G outdid themselves with the Pantene products, I believe. My hair is always soft, shiny, bouncy, smells great, and with lots of body. I have tried other conditioners also to try to save money, use my Pantene shampoo with a cheaper conditioner, but it just doesn't work. Quality is everything when it comes to my hair. I'll pay a little extra in order to get that shimmer and shine and clean feeling in my hair. Proctor & Gamble also offers lots of manufacturer coupons that I use for products like Pantene and this makes the Pantene products very comparable in price to lower cost/lower value shampoos. So, buy Pantene shampoo and conditioner with confidence. Great value! Wonderful products!