Other Shampoos:
Pantene
Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions Shampoo - Nutmeg to Dark Chocolate

Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions Shampoo - Nutmeg to Dark Chocolate

Keeps my dyed hair darker longer!

I used to just use voluminizing Panteen Pro-V shampoo.  I have naturally light blonde hair.  When I started dying my hair dark brown, I figured I would need to get a difference color enhancing shampoo or one that would hold the color in longer since my blonde hair always shown through.  When I started using Brunette expressions, I couldn't tell if it was making a difference.  I didn't know how long the color would have stayed in without using the shampoo.  When I switched back to voluminizing Panteen Pro-V, I lost my color very quickly.  After realizing that it did make a difference, I won't use anything put that when I dye my hair dark.  On the other hand, for the conditioner, I use the 5-minute miracle by Panteen rather than the brunette expressions conditioner.  I feel this helps my hair stay healthy.  Conditioners do not strip you hair as shampoos do so I feel that if I don't use brunette expressions, it won't make my loose the color faster.  One complaint I do have with this is that I selected the darker of the two brunette expressions because I wanted my hair relatively dark.  It still lightened up quite a bit.  But really, that is not the shampoo's fault; the blonde is just trying to come back out.  It would be nice if they made a shampoo with a slight hint of dye in it to keep the color longer.  But then it may dye your face and body when you rinse it out.  Oh well... I really like this product and would really recommend it for people who do color their hair, and even for people who do not color their hair and just want to keep their natural dark color looking great!

LONG name for a very average drugstore shampoo.

***Quick View:*** This shampoo didn't do anything special at all for my hair. It cleaned it but I saw no difference in the depth of my hair or any of the other claims. It's just shampoo.***About Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions Color Enhancing Shampoo***This shampoo comes in a cylindrical 13 ounce bottle. It is a light tan creamy formula and has very little scent. It doesn't lather really well but enough to make me feel like my hair is getting clean. It rinses out well but leaves my hair in need of conditioning. I used the shampoo and matching conditioner today. I bought this because it was on sale and because I wanted a little depth and dimension to my dark brown hair. This shampoo comes in a number of "shades" for blondes, redheads, and several shades for brunettes. I got the darkest because my hair is very dark brown at the moment. It used to be lighter. I think I messed with it so much , it got darker. Or something. The shade is Nutmeg to Dark Chocolate which pretty much sums up my hair color. Anyway, when I was done conditioning, I dried my hair and ehhh. It looked pretty average. I saw nothing special or nothing out of the ordinary. My hair was clean but not very shiny and it had a bit of body but nothing more than other shampoos give it. This was as average as average gets. I don't even know why they bother making shades to choose from when the color doesn't make a bit of difference in how a person's hair looks.***My Viewpoint***This shampoo was a let down. It is just average shampoo with a "hook" that gets people interested. This could be used on anyone and not do anything special or different to their hair and I bet I could use the blonde shades on my hair and not see a bit of difference. This is very average shampoo, thus ***3 stars***. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

Pantene is the only conditioner I prefer to use

from New York, NY

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions Shampoo - Nutmeg to Dark Chocolate:

Pantene is the only shampoo and conditioner I can use without dealing with tangles and spending a long amount of time combing them out. I have extra long, colored hair and have used pantene since the 1990's. I don't have any specific product line from Pantene that I prefer. They all generally produce the same results for my hair. I have been told that it strips colored hair, however I don't believe this to be true, as I have had the same results with color maintenance using other products. As with any shampoo or conditioner I do switch every so often for a few days, so the product remains effective.

Great for brightening up hair in between hair appointments!

from Burlington, CT

I use this product everyday to keep my colored hair looking shiny and rich. The smell is wonderful, not too perfume-y/strong.I used to use high-end shampoos and conditioners and bought this on a recommendation of a friend, now I feel bad for spending all that money for so long when I could have been using Pantene Pro-V and spending only pennies. Highly recommended!

Keeps my dyed hair darker longer!

from Davison, MI

I was not aware of any change from ordinary shampoo

from Deltona, FL

this product did not do anything that even the cheapest of brands do.  The cost involved was too expensive for the end results.  I would not recommend this product to anyone unless they want to waste money.  I was so vey disappointed in the product especially since the other pantene product that I use is so much better

Super hair product,made for all womens of color!

from Jacksonville, FL

Pantene is a favorite of mines.  Pantene  has product for everyday use to tame the hair that we so love. the product is inexpensive. It really gets the job done. It has mosturizing  in the shampoo to condition while you shampoo. so there is no need to buy extra condintioner out side of this product. Pantene is all in one. The out come in a two week trial is smiply marvelous. It gives the hair the volume and healthy look we all looks forward to. Having great hair after using this product is worth the Pantene Moment! Made for all texture of hair.

LONG name for a very average drugstore shampoo.

from The heart of , NY

Pantene ProV Brunette Shampoo really makes my hair shine!

from Thomasville, NC

My hair is very long and is dark brown in color.  Before using this shampoo my hair color was dull.  I would see others with shiny hair and be so envious.  I care a lot about my appearance.  I like to look nice and was looking for a shampoo that would make my hair look better.

After using Protene ProV Brunette Expressions Shampoo Nutmeg to Dark Brown, I received lots of compliments on my long brown hair.  My hair had a lot of shine and manageability.  It did not make it flat or lifeless either like some shampoos do.  It does not change the color of your brown; it just brightens it which will brighten your face.

Shiny hair makes me more confident and I love when people want to feel how soft my hair is after using this shampoo.  It also smells great so people love to smell it too.  In other words, I can't keep fingers out of my hair!

Great product for all brunettes!  I definitely recommend it and will continue to use it.  Thanks Pantene for remembering brunettes need to have fun too.

I don't like this product.

from Blue Ridge, GA

I do not like Pantene's Brunette Expressions shampoo. It has nothing to do with whether or not it helps keep my color from fading; it's just not a good shampoo for me. What does that mean? It doesn't get my hair clean. I use the companion Brunette Expressions Dailly Color-Enhancing Conditioner, and I like it very much. Not only that, I think the conditioner works toward keeping my color from fading.

But when I finish washing my hair with the shampoo, I want to jump back into the shower and wash it again. My oily hair just doesn't come clean with the shampoo. I asked my hairdresser his opinion of both products, in terms of whether he thought they would keep my color from fading. His expert opinion was that the conditioner probably would do a better job of that than the shampoo because the cleaning agents in the shampoo would negate the color-enhancing qualities.

Pantene is just as good, or better than expensive salon brands!

from Webb City, MO

I picked up Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions after having used a competitors color-enhancing shampoo, but not wanting to pay the competitor's price!  The price of Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions was MUCH cheaper than that of the competition.

I have very thick, dark brown hair, that is beginning to grow some lovely gray "highlights" in places.  I was hoping that the Brunette Expressions shampoo would add a little dimension to my hair and make the gray hair a little less noticeable.  I'm not sure that is covers up the gray at all, but the shampoo (and companion conditioner) make my hair shiny and very smooth.  Both the shampoo and conditioner have a great scent that my husband often comments on.

I was hoping for more of a "color deposit" than I think actually occurs.  However, I will continue to use this shampoo and conditioner because of the price, scent, and the shine it gives my hair.

For a non-salon brand, Pantene Brunette Expressions is a great

from Jacksonville, FL

Pantene Brunette Expressions is an excellent non-salon brand shampoo.  It smells great and it lingers all day.  It has nice texture and leaves the hair feeling fresh.  It is better than the other Pantene Products that I have used in the past.  I am a "hair product addict" and I am obsessed with salon brands, but I have made the exception for this product.  I would suggest using it while alterting with your favorite high end product.