Other Shampoos:
Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo

Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Smooth hair all the time!

I had been using Pantene Prov- Always Smooth even back when I was living in the Philippines.  The Philippines is a hot and humid country. I have long back hair and blow dryers are not  common accessories in women's bathroom there. Most women is the Philippines just towel dry thier hair out and let it finish drying in the humid air. These causes friziness and dullness.

Back then I used to use Sunsilk shampoo and condititioner because it was affordable to our family.  Geez, my hair looked awful all the time--- with baby hair sticking out and frizziness all over my head, bad hair day all the time! I hated using mousse on my hair because it  just made my hair heavy and greasy.

One day I had become so tired of spending so much time in front of the mirror figuring out how to deal with the frizziness and I had become so bored with pulling my hair back all the time that  I went to the store and tried out Pantene shampoo and conditioner.  I had recently seen it advertised in a TV commercial. I felt a little guilty about buying it because it was a little expensive compared to Sunsilk, but I felt hopeless about my hair and was ready for a change.

The next morning I used it and was impressed with the results. My hair was less frizzy and look and felt a lot better. Since that time I have imigrated to the United States and I am still using Pantene products. Pantene is is the only shampoo and conditioner that really smoothes out my baby hair and reduces frizziness.

Falling a little flat

I used to love Pantene Pro-V, I swore by it and could not live without it.  I knew I would have to pay extra for getting that brand, but that was fine and for 15 years now I have known to always go to the green bottle, the one that was formally called "Smooth and Sleek", everyone would comment on how great my hair smelt from feet away and they loved the way it smoothed out my frizz, which when using this product, you could tell alone that there was something different, then every month I would throw in the extra restoration conditioner...but something happened along the way, they got a lot more brands, the smell is gone and the frizz is back!  It does nothing for me and I am paying more then ever for it, hoping it would work.  I loved this product and recommended it to everyone, now I have to find something new, but first I have to use the 3 bottles of shampoo and 3 of conditioner I have in stock, all the big ones, I said I use to love this product, but once it's gone, I have to change, my hair just is a mess and dryer then ever!  Sad, definatly, hopeful, not really, please Pantene go back to the basics of when you hit it big!

Great shampoo that is better than more expensive alternatives

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo, especially when combined with the equivalent Pantene conditioner, is incredibly effective at making dry, coarse, color treated, damaged, unmanageable hair into smooth, silky, shiny and more manageable, healthier looking hair. When unable to use Pantene, such as while traveling, it is instantly noticeable if a less effective shampoo has been used in it's place. I would recommend this shampoo to anyone, without reservation.

This shampoo is extremely effective at helping dry, damaged, coarse, color treated hair to become healthy, shiny, and smooth. It works well to make unruly, unmanageable hair much more manageable. It is more effective than many, more expensive, equivalent products.

This shampoo leaves your hair smelling clean and fresh with a scent that is synonymous with the Pantene line of hair care products. It has a pleasant scent without being over powering.

I like Pantene

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

I have used various Pantene Pro-V shampoos off and on interchangeably for over fifteen years, including this Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo, and I have not noticed any big difference between them performance wise. That being said, Pantene is a solid brand and their Always Smooth shampoo is a good product. It is thick and smooth with a rich consistency. It lathers up quickly to creamy suds and rinses clean without noticeable residue. My hair is manageable and clean feeling after use. I've noticed a little goes a long way, so even if you have relatively long hair, the bottle can last for quite a long time, which offsets some of the cost. The scent is unremarkable but pleasant. My husband uses this shampoo without complaining that it smells "girly," so I think most men would find it unobjectionable. While my curly (read: frizzy) hair isn't noticeably smoother after using this shampoo, I still like it.

Good shampoo and rinses well!

from Ottawa Illinois

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

The shampoo Pantene Pro V Always, has a rich body and spreads evenly . It cleans well and rinses off completely and does not dry the hair shafts. It lasts a long time and for the price it is worth the money. You can get it scented, but it does come with an unscented and no dyes shampoos, which is great as I have an allergy to some dyes or some perfumed shampoos are just too strong.

Pantene cleans the hair shafts fully and makes it soft and clean with no residue . The hair feels soft and silky and is easy to curl and manage with out a filmy feeling. Some shampoos can leave a filmy sticky feeling but this cleans to the scalp and roots and makes the whole head of hair feel light and airy and not weighed down. I have had dyed hair and this shampoo does not strip the color as it rinses cleanly from the hair.

The scent is pleasant to the nose and doesn't overpower any other scents that you may have on, i.e. perfumes or body washes.

Pantene is one of my favorite products!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

The Pantene line has always been one of my favorite products. They work well and make my hair feel fabulous. Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo is no different. This particular Pantene product made my hair soft and shiny, I loved the way it felt. Pantene is a bit on the expensive side, so I have tried to save money and gone a with a cheaper shampoo and always end up back with Pantene.

Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo is a great product and I loved the way it made my hair feel. Very soft and smooth. It was easy to brush wet and dry. I have slightly damaged hair and while it didn't necessarily repair it, it made my hair manageable and soft.

Most of the Pantene products Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo included have a very clean smell. There is not much of a specific scent to them, but they scent the have gives a clean feel. I would much prefer the cleanliness smell over an overpowering fruity smell.

This shampoo made my hair feel incredibly greasy.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

I am not a fan of Pantene, however I decided to purchase this shampoo when it was on sale and I had a coupon. I could not pass up the deal. I managed to get the shampoo for less than two fifty a bottle. I bought this one because I suffer from frizz occasionally from dying my hair all the time. I thought it would be a good shampoo to try since it is supposed to smooth my hair. This shampoo did smooth my hair, but only because it became very flat and heavy after using this shampoo. I have noticed that this is a trend with a lot of Pantene's products (or at least the ones I have tried). It never feels as though the shampoo completely washes out of my hair. My hair always feels heavy and limp after I use Pantene's products. After this most recent problem with their product, I will not be purchasing anything they offer again nor will I recommend them to anyone I know.

This product did smooth my hair, but only after it was made to feel heavy and vaguely greasy.

don't use more than one bottle in a row

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

Overall, I'm a fan of the Pantene Pro-V line of products. The way to get the most use of this shampoo I've found it to follow the rule of "use in moderation." I don't use more than one bottle in a row before using a different brand in between. If I don't do this than I don't like the shampoo near as well. This shampoo has something in it, to help make your hair shinier I think, that if you use this product for too long builds up in your hair no matter how hard you try to wash it out. It makes your hair feel gunky, especially around the roots. If you switch to a different brand after a bottle, your hair gets rid of the gunk, and you can go back to this shampoo after that bottle to get your smooth and shine.
This shampoo does a good job at smoothing your hair, especially if you already have straight hair or straighten it every day. If you have curly hair it doesn't do anything extra special that any other shampoo wouldn't do as well.

Good shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

I like this shampoo because it does a great job of cleaning your hair and leaves it smooth as the product suggests. It worked nicely with my conditioner to leave my hair feeling smooth and also shinier than normal. I noticed a difference in smoothness after a few uses and it stayed improved with consistent use. You only need to use a small amount which is nice and it lathers quickly and rinses nicely. My hair always feels especially clean with pantene. The fact that it left my long, straight hair feeling smooth and sleek was worth the price because it can be expensive. I still use a flat iron after using this shampoo but I would still buy and use this product. The smell is great- fresh but not too strong and does not linger after the shower. I would recommend this to someone who wants less-puffy hair which is why I bought it. The bottle is big and lasts a long time.

A classic never goes out of style

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

I wouldn't say that this is one of my favorite products but it has been a round for a very long time credibility and a strong name to stand behind are some of the things that the shampoo has. To be honest there isn't a whole lot of difference between the different pantene shampoos. They all smell exactly the same. This product lathers really well. This product is a great shampoo. It rinses out very easily. Some shampoos staying your hair and they're very difficult to rinse out but this one right is very nice. I felt that I gave my hair volume and shine. I like blow drying my hair after using the shampoo because it gives you the same effect as a blowout. I wouldn't say that this is anywhere close to a shampoo that you would buy from the salon but it is a nice shampoo that comes from the drug store or the grocery store. There are often really great coupons for this brand of shampoo. This wouldn't be my first drug store or supermarket brand that I would pick first but it is a decent shampoo. The smell is nice. Stays in your hair for a long time.

EXCELLENT SHAMPOO GREAT PRICE PANTENE PRO-V SMOOTH LISSES

from Clarkrange, TN

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

PANTENE PRO-V SMOOTH LISSES IS A GREAT SHAMPOO IT LEAVES YOUR HAIR FEELING CLEAN, IT LEAVES YOUR HAIR FEELING SMOOTH, IT LEAVES YOUR HAIR FEELING VERY CONDITIONED. IT LEAVES YOUR HAIR SMELLING GREAT. YOUR HAIR IS EASIER TO STYLE WHEN USING THIS SHAMPOO. I GET ALOT OF COMPLIMENTS ABOUT MY HAIR SINCE I HAVE BEEN USING THIS SHAMPOO, MY HAIR IS LESS LIKELY TO FRIZZ IN DIFFERENT WEATHER CONDITIONS. WHEN I DRY MY HAIR IT DOES NOT FRIZZ UP. EVERYONE WITH FRIZZED HAIR OR DAMAGED SHOULD TRY THIS SHAMPOO.

Soft smooth locks

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo:

I like Pantene Pro-v Always Smooth Shampoo a lot.  I personally have tried a lot of products for my dry hair and this one actually works!  I think that this shampoo provides a lot of nourishment and makes my hair soft and smooth after using.  It really helps with manageability since normally shampoos make my hair frizzy and all over the place.  I find I have to do less styling and using less heated products after using this shampoo.  I like that it's nice and thick and will clean well while having a nice smell and washing clean.  It doesn't leave a residue or anything.  You can wash twice if you want but my hair and scalp is so dry that a little goes a long way.  I also love that it is not super expensive and budget friendly - especially if you can find coupons or wait for it to go on sale!  It's got a nice bottle and easy open cap that poures out evenly without spilling.  It definitely works great for frizz!