Other Hair Conditioners:

Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner

Pros

Cons

Pantene Pro V Always Smooth Conditions Nicely

I have a few go- to brands of shampoo and conditioner that I can always count on to perform well for a fair price. My hair needs are only slight, but there are still a few favorites on my list and one of the brands is Pantene. I like most everything this brand offers and another good choice to add to the list is Pantene Pro- V Always Smooth Conditioner.

Conditioner Facts and Commentary:

Pantene Pro- V Always Smooth Conditioner is a thick conditioning product with a scent that combines soap and perfume and is very acceptable to most anyone, male or female. The conditioner requires some extra effort to apply and rinse clean but it will release itself completely from the hair in a few minutes.

What you get for your efforts is hair that is noticeably different than before. Pantene Pro- V Always Smooth Conditioner makes hair smooth, soft, and shiny and it leaves behind a pleasant enough scent that eventually fades away as the day progresses. I don’t have curly hair so I cannot comment on the smoothing properties, but my hair does feel soft and it does have a little more shine than usual.

Conditioners are also nice when they moisturize and in this department, Pantene Pro- V Always Smooth Conditioner works okay, but not exceptionally. I find the moisturization level acceptable, but I also have short, thin hair. Those with thicker, longer hair may not like the results and modest amount of moisturizing ability.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

My bottom line with Pantene Pro- V Always Smooth Conditioner is that it’s a very good product from Pantene and one I recommend trying. It isn’t the perfect conditioning solution, but it does work well on my short hair and is easily worth it for the money.

This conditioner works well at softening and making hair more manageable.

The scent of this conditioner is nice, with that familiar soap/perfume combination that Pantene is known for and that most everyone will find acceptable.

Pantene Pro V Smooth Conditioner leaves a bit to be desired.

Pantene Pro V Smooth Conditioner makes my hair soft, but it does not really live up to its promises. I have fine hair, but it is naturally curly and really reacts to the weather. That means that my hair becomes frizzy any time there is the slightest bit of moisture in the air. Many hair stylists have tried to tell me that it is because I have dry hair, but my hair is normal or oily on a bad day, so there is no reason why it would soak up the moisture in the air aside from that is just how my hair is. I thought that Pantene Pro V Smooth conditioner would help me keep my hair straight in slight humidity, but it does not. I do not like my hair pin straight - I like a bit of body. But I really hate the frizz. The Smooth conditioner does not seem to be any better than any other regular conditioner I have tried. On the positive side, I like the way it makes my hair feel and smell. I do not like perfume-y products, so I like that the scent is not overwhelming. However, there are more negatives that out-weight the positives. Aside from not protecting my hair from the moisture, it is also difficult to wash out. I find that about a third of my shower time is devoted to rinsing out the conditioner. And I have a mesh catcher in the tub in which gets clogged easily from the clumps of conditioner. All in all, this would not be the top conditioner recommendation that I would make.

Great Conditioner...now if I just had more hair

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

I bought this brand because it was on sale and was not expecting it to be anything special. What a great surprise. Having natural curly hair is a challenge to find a conditioner that doesn't have a strong scent and my thinning hair doesn't look like it's out of a horror movie. I love this conditioner. My hair laid down and I even felt like I had more hair.

I will certainly buy this conditioner again, even if it's not on sale. My hair laid down, wasn't frizzy, and overall just a great product. I shampoos daily and each day my hair just looks and feels healthier. Not only is this hair conditioner effective, the light scent is one that I think most guys appreciate.

I have a difficult time finding hair products that I can use. Most of them have a sweet smell that I don't like , Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when I used this one. It has a very pleasant, light fragrance that is pleasant and doesn't bother me at all and I actually like the clean fresh scent.

Skip Pantene Pro-V if You Have Oily Hair

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner made my hair embarrassingly oily. So oily, in fact, I had to re-wash my hair shortly after. I don't typically have overly oily hair, but some products do make my hair oily, like this conditioner. Besides the oily side effect for me, that product was good otherwise. The scent is nothing fancy, and I prefer the scent of Herbal Essence's conditioners. Pantene Pro-V does a great job of conditioning your hair, especially if your hair is damaged. It seems to give hair a new light and leaves it shiny looking. The ends of my hair looked amazing with all that shine, but the roots were left oily. I found the product to be a bit on the pricey side, so I feel there are much better products out there. It goes in combination with the Pantene shampoo, which is a bit expensive too. If you have oily hair, skip this conditioner. If you have damaged hair or are not prone to oily hair, this conditioner might work for you.

I liked it.

from Ohio

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

Most of the time I use coupons for my hair products, which is great because I get to experiment with ALL KINDS of different brands and products. I really liked this "Pantene Pro-V always smooth conditioner" because it was a 2-in-1 product. I have issues with some plain old conditioners making my hair overly oily, I did not have an issue with this product at all. I really liked this one a lot. My hair isn't overly frizzy but it is very dry, especially during the winter. I decided to save this and use it once in a while during the cold months, I am very pleased that I did. I noticed results immediately after using it. I left it sit in my hair a little longer than normal, which could be why. I did notice my hair was much softer and a lot less tangled up. I even let my mother use this a couple times on her curly hair to test out and she really liked it as well. I think this is a great product, it adds that extra moisture into your hair that it needs during cold weather especially, it also makes your split dry ends very soft to prevent future breakages. I would recommend you give this product a try, you will love it.

The scent smells great, and just like any Pantene Pro-V product it lingers in your hair so you will smell it the next day!

Very smooth!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

I think that Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner works very well! I like to try many different brands and conditioners so I don't always use the same thing everyday. This product makes my hair very smooth and soft and also gives it a beautiful shine. It makes it very sleek. I find the fragrance is so pleasant and light. The price is not bad,so it fits most budgets. You can also look for coupons to help the family save even more money. I do wish that I could go to a salon for more services but since I am on such a tight budget I am so glad that there is such a huge variety of hair products to choose from.

This hair conditioner is very effective and works well. I would use it again. It is so very easy to use too. I think that most people would love to use it.

This product smells amazing! Just right and never too strong. It smells very pleasant. I really do enjoy hair products that have a nice fragrance.

ok but not too good

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Pantene Pro V Always Smooth Conditioner and I found it was ok but I was not really impressed with it. First of all I though this conditioner would help leave my hair smooth and shiny since it does say smooth conditioner. Well I was definitely disappointed as it left my hair feeling frizzy dry and brittle. So therefore it did not actually smooth my hair. Another thing I did not really like that much about this Pantene Conditioner is the scent. The smell was definitely overpowering and way to strong for my taste. I can say that it did offer some moisture but it was a very small amount. I honestly could not tell much of a difference than when I just used the shampoo. The price of this product is a little expensive but not so expensive you could not afford it. The thing to me is that it is not worth the price I paid for it. It did do a good job detangling my hair but it just did not condition my hair as much as I would have liked. I would not really recommend this to any of my friends or family.

Conditions the Hair Well

from NA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

Pantene is a trusted brand for me and I have been using this brand since 10 years. It has always proved to be a good product for my hair and the result has always been positive. This product is a conditioner and it helps to nourish the hair and smoothen the strands of the hair. I purchased this product alone with the Pantene Smooth & Sleek shampoo. This conditioner contains a Pro-Vitamin formula which provides the necessary vitamins and nourishment to the hair, thus making it smooth and silky. It works effectively on the strands of the hair and even if your hair is colored, the effect will remain the same.

The product can be used for dry hair as well and it helps to tame the frizziness and leaves the hair smooth and silky. The hair then can be left untied and there is no need for applying any serum or oil to the hair. The product makes your hair strands stronger and works as a medicine for the hair. The product can be purchased online for a reasonable price.

The one I like

from Rome,GA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

My family and myself have tried numerous conditioners throughout the years, so when I found this one I was very pleased. I was pleased on many levels from the product itself to the packaging, I have severe arthritis so the easy to use bottle is almost as important as the product itself. The Pantene Pro V did a great job with very little product required to serve the purpose. I also like how it doesn't leave my hair and scalp feeling greasy. For me some conditioners seem more to grease and weigh your hair down instead of actually providing any conditioning effects. I also noticed the Pantene Pro V seemed to have a lasting effect unlike most of the others I have tried.

The Pantene Pro V is a very effective product and economical for what is required to do a good job.

The scent of this particular product, didn't really impress or offend me it's just a normal light scent , I am pleased however that the scent isn't over powering or medicinal.

It Leaves Hair Smooth

from Portland, TX

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner has a delightful scent, which lasts all day. People thought I was wearing perfume when I first started using it but I found out what they were smelling was my conditioner. I received it in the mail in the form of a sample and I will definitely be purchasing it regularly from here on out. It is an affordable product and has a matching shampoo, so you do not get a cross of scents when using both. Not only does it smell nice and is cost-efficient, but it also works well. I used to have frizzy, dry, and damaged hair but this product has really smoothed it out. After using the product before I go to bed, my hair is smooth for about half the day, then it goes back to frizzy, but it is better than the condition of my hair before using this product. I would recommend this to anyone who is unhappy with their hair because it fixes most issues with hair (damage, frizz, color-fading).

It does okay at smoothing hair and flyaway pieces.

from West Virginia

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

I love Pantene products and this one is alright. The always smooth conditioner did a good job of conditioning and moisturizing my hair. I noticed immediately that it felt softer and silkier but it just kind of calmed my frizz and flyaway pieces. I felt like there was more to be desired.

The conditioner comes in my favorite type of flip cap bottle that can be turned upside down in the shower. It comes out thick but not too thick. It's just rich enough to smooth through my hair and allow me to pull my fingers through it while it's wet. I love a product that can detangle my hair before it has dried.

The conditioner soaked into every strand of hair. I used it all over and I didn't feel like my scalp was left with an excess of product on it. When I brushed my hair out, it felt soft even when it was wet. I could tell the conditioner made an impact.

After I dried my hair, my hair was very soft. It was smooth textured and laid flat but it still had some frizz and flyaway pieces. As an everyday conditioner or moisture treatment, this conditioner did great but it left me with some frizz and didn't leave me as smooth as I would like. I still think it's a good product but it leaves more to be desired.

It does a good job of conditioning but it left more to be desired when it came to my frizz and flyaway pieces.

It has a very citrusy scent. It kind of smells like orange zest to me.

keeps my hair moisturized so it stays frizz-free

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner:

Pantene Pro-V is one of my favorite conditioners, and I really like the Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Conditioner for keeping my frizzy hair under control. My long hair tends to get really frizzy, and I like this conditioner because it helps to keep my hair moisturized. After washing my hair, I normally use a pretty large amount of the Pantene Pro-V Conditioner, and I leave it in my hair for a few minutes to create a mask for my hair. This helps make my hair really easy to brush through after I am finished washing my hair.

This conditioner is a little on the expensive side, but I am normally able to find coupons for the conditioner to make it more affordable. This conditioner is also really easy to find at any local grocery store or larger pharmacy.

This does a great job of moisturizing my hair so I don't have to worry about having frizzy hair. It also helps keep my hair free of knots throughout the day.