Other Cell Phones:
C520
Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone

Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone

Fantastically Simple--A Breeze to Use

For those of you who just might miss the days before touch screen phones with TINY numbers that somehow manage to hang up on everyone who calls you, the Pantech Breeze is a welcome blast from the past.  I inherited this phone from my mother-in-law, and I truly hope it lasts me for the next few years because I LOVE it!  It's so nice to have a flip phone again because I don't hang up on everyone like I did with my new touch phone.  AND--the buttons are big enough that I don't have to use something else to dial--I can actually use my own fingers!  One of my favorite features on this phone is that the top of the inside has three fast-dial buttons!  This feature is amazing because you can quickly hit one of the three buttons (it's nice that they are located in an area away from the other buttons) and then hit speaker phone (if you want), so you can be talking to someone in seconds and still have your hands free to do something else too.  The sound quality on the phone is good too, and it has all the other basic features you would expect to find on a cell phone today.  It also has a nice camera--I was able to take some pretty great pics of my little girl.  Overall, this phone is just great!  It has the features you want without the ones you don't...I highly recommend it!

Is the Pantech Breeze really a breeze? In short, no.

Is the Pantech Breeze really a breeze to use?  On first inspection, it does appear so.  It does have large keys, a nice display and three quick dial buttons.  I even got to try one out for a day just to see if I liked it and at the time I did.  I decided to buy one.  Once I owned it though, I have to say that it may be more trouble than it is worth.  The display frequently displays icons I am not aware of and it is not easy to find them in manual.  Also, once a number was programmed into one of the quick dial buttons, it didn't stay there.  I have to constantly reprogram it.  My final criticism has to do with the games.  There are actually no preloaded games.  I had to buy and download games.  For a mom with kids who occasionally need something to occupy them, this was not what I was looking for.  Over all the Pantech Breeze is a nice phone.  I like the appearance and the nice slim look of the phone.  But it is a little more complicated than what the name implies.

Easy to use for technologically challenged people like me

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone:

If you are just looking for a dependable easy to use cell phone without all the bells and whistles then this is a good choice. Even I could figure it out.LOL

Voice Quality
Best voice quality of any basic cell phone I have tried

Battery Life
This is an area I would like to see improved. I do not use it for anything but phone call and even then not more than 1 or 2 short ones aday. Still I have to recharge every 3 or 4 days. I imagine with heavier usage it might have to be recharged daily..

Dropped several times without problem. Have not dropped in water so can't speak to that

Even easy for me

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Ultra Durrable!!

from Evansville, IN

Comments about Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone:

I come from a family with not a lot of money, my step dad found this phone it was cheap he bought one for me and my mom, I was 14 when I got it. Almost 3 years later I still have this phone still using it and I have treated it like crap, everything from throwing it, dropping it, dropping it in a puddle, kicking it, to just out right abuse and I haven't been the only one to use it for a while I wasn't on a plan and my bf went swimming with his phone so it went through his torture too. Best phone I have ever had in my life.

Pantech Breeze (C520) is a breeze

from East Hampton, CT

Comments about Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone:

The Pantech Breeze (C520) is hands down, the best phone I've owned (And yes, I've owned more than two phones).

Easy to read w/ large print keystroke, 3 Qik buttons for ICE or special offspring, etc., numbers. Battery lasts me 2-3 days and it has excellent reception. Easy speaker w/ external volume adjustment so even my dear old pouchie can hear my son whisper sweet nothings in her ear..

Works well with my fumbling fingers and is simple to browse thru and customize. Best purpose is for those who don't need to text, but do want a camera that is easy to work.

It drops well, bounces and keeps on ticking. Even works w/ dishpan hands.

The only thing that bothers me is it's slick exterior as it can slip out of my hands...now I know what white tape to use to keep it from slipping.

I'll use this forever!

It has more than the basics and its a dam good phone

from Hatboro, PA

Comments about Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone:

The phone is basic and yet has some great features, for some of us not so young anymore its just a great phone. Its easy to read and easy to set the different features on it. Its just what the non tec people needed and its slim and easy to carry.

Pantech Breeze - great phone without a lot of frills.

from Brighton, IL

Pros

Cons

Comments about Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone:

I've had the Pantech Breeze for about 3 yrs now.  When I got it, I didn't really text much and didn't think I ever would.   It is a small but sturdy  phone,  nice size keypad, simple to read and use. It has two modes,  a simple 'just a phone' mode and a more advanced but still not too complicated mode that does a few more things.  The reception has always been great, as is the battery life, as long you let it go completely dead occasionally before charging it. The camera takes good pics and is easy to use as well.

As my kids got more into texting, I have been dragged into it as well. So I wanted to upgrade to another phone with a full qwerty keyboard, but didn't want to get rid of my Breeze.  I ended up cancelling my land line, transferring my home phone number to the Breeze and that is my home phone.  I have a new Pantech phone with a full qwerty keyboard for my away from home and texting needs.  I fully recommend the Breeze for older adults who are easily confused by all the technology and who just need a simple phone, or for those who just don't need a phone with all the bells and whistles.

Pantech Breeze Model P2000-I can Read the Numbers on the Keys!

from Hixson, TN

Comments about Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone:

This is a wonderful cell phone for those of us that are older and whose eyes are failing. The numbers on the keys are huge compared to other cell phones. It is a nice slim phone. It has plenty of features. It has a camera, it can text, e-mail, and instant message. It has mobile web, mobile yellow pages, And an AT&T GPS. You can also play music on it. Some of the features cost extra but you only have to pay for the ones you want to use. It has 2 screens, a small one on front and a larger one when you flip it open. The text on the small screen is great, I can read the time on this phone without my glasses. When you flip it open, at the bottom of the larger screen, it has a 1, 2,   & 3. You can enter the 3 people you call most, and then you only have to enter 1, 2, or 3 depending on who you want to talk to. This is so convenient. You can also find people in your address book by saying there name. What a wonderful phone for someone like me!

Great phone for the non-techy

from Coram, NY

Comments about Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone:

Great phone for some one who wants/needs a phone but is intimidated by the menu selections and operating instruction. I got my wife a C520 and after programing the various numbers she uses daily I left it in Breeze mode.I did not experience any of the problems with the soft buttons--as did one reviewer-- for the 3 most used numbers.Once programmed they have remained as set.Nor did I have any problem with other menu items "popping-up" on the screen. The ability to increase the font size is also a valuable tool for those of us past 40!

In addition, I found the phone' bluetooth easy to link with both of our cars.The phone has also been virtually indestructible. My wife has dropped it onto a hard service at least 4 times without any damage. In sum a good deal for the person who does not need a smart phone.

Is the Pantech Breeze really a breeze? In short, no.

from Hoffman Estates, IL

Fantastically Simple--A Breeze to Use

from Colorado Springs, CO

Great Phone

from Yulee, FL

Comments about Pantech - Breeze Cell Phone:

I bought this phone because it looked really easy to use.  And basically it really is.  Also I like the bigger numbers on it.  I keep playing around with it and find new stuff all the time.  I liked it so well, I even bought one for my mother.  She wouldn't use one at first but she is getting the hang of it know and uses it more.  I found out I even have video on it but I haven't tried it yet.  But I have used the camera on it.  Also I have used the calendar on it and the place for notes.  I had my son down load a ring tone and set my alarm to ring Monday through Friday.  I would reccomend this phone to anyone that is just begging or needs to see the numbers better.