3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Pantech Matrix is a great phone

Recently, well about nine months ago i purchased the new Pantech Matrix. I was searching around the store and then the guy asked if i needed help. I said i was looking for a phone with a keyboard, he showed me the stores popular phone; Pantech Matrix. I started looking at it and i decided, why not try it. After i got it of course i started looking at everything on the phone and trying to figure out how to use it all. I must say it is the greatest phone i have purchased. It has everything i needed and more, plus it isn't that expensive. The phone has Yellow-pages, Media Net, GPS, CV, and it even has Music Id. It has everything i enjoy and some stuff i enjoy now. The camera on the phone is super clear and great picture quality. There is still a lot more on the phone. I text a lot so i was hoping it had picture text and regular text. It is a great phone i would recommend it to anyone. The keyboard it great to, there is little spaces between letters so it easier to use it. I get great reception too, and i can get on the internet and it is good quality and pretty fast at loading up. It has a music player and you can get a memory card for it that can hold a lot of song. The speakers on the phone is good quality and loud enough to hear perfectly. Its a little big but its a phone for everyone.

Good for texting, but seems cheaply made

I used the Pantech Matrix for almost 2 years.  Since I do a whole lot of texting, it was nice to have my first texting keyboard.  It also seemed practical to seperate out the letter keypad from the numeric keypad.  However, the fact that it has two different slide out keypads (one for letters, one for numbers), makes it very easy to break/have glitches.  I started noticing after only a few months of usage that the slide track on my texting keyboard was starting to get loose.  Sure enough, it broke completely off within 2 weeks after that.  In the 18 month span I had the phone, I went through 5 of them (4 of which i used the manufacturer's warranty, one i had to use insurance because they said it wasn't a warranty issue if it falls off the track).  If you get this phone, be VERY careful...it is extremely fragile.  I would definitely reccomend insurance for a model like this one.  It looks to me like Pantech cut some corners to make the phone cheaply, because I also had some friends have the same thing happen to theirs!!  The Camera was decent (1.3 megapixel) and the music/call quality was spotty.  It also didn't get great reception.  I wouldn't really reccomend this phone to anyone.  Thank god I got a Samsung Impression for Christmas....which is a wonderful phone (see my review for the Samsung Impression).

Not bad!

Comments about Pantech - Matrix Phone:

Out of all the phones I've had, I find myself wishing I could still use this one sometimes. Even though it's not a smart phone and the internet capabilities were limited, I seriously enjoyed it. The two physical keyboards made my life probably ten times easier, and they were both very smooth to type on. Not clunky at all, just the right size.

• Battery Life:

good for just about anyone

from Eudora, KS

Comments about Pantech - Matrix Phone:

I for one and very rough on phones, I drop them I put them in my lap while I am driving and when I get out I forget its there and drop it in the parking lot.  I have done this several times with the pantech that I have now and havent had any issues yet.  I do text daily, and I text a lot!  I dont really use the keyboard a lot just because I like the T9 or whatever its called.  It just seems to save me time.  I do still have a tendency of flipping the phone from one direction to the other.  I did a lot of research before picking this phone out, there were a lot of negative reviews and some good ones.  I think it just depends on you, the buyer!

This was first mine, and now my sons phone. It works great even after all these years

Battery Life
When it tells you your battery is low, it means it. It might last 5 min after it signals low battery.

Amazing!

a bit bulky, but still great

Great size, good features

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Pantech - Matrix Phone:

I have had my Pantech Matrix for about a year and half now.  When I first got it, I was having a hard time deciding between a smart phone, specifically, the iPhone, and a standard cell phone.  I chose the standard cell phone because I wanted actual buttons to text with, as well as a standard number keypad.  The Matrix also has a slide out QWERTY keypad, which was just an added bonus for me.  I love the versatility of this phone and love the colors it comes in.  I had it in blue, which got water damaged, so they sent me a red replacement.. love both colors!  I guess I am still slightly reluctant to upgrade to a touch screen smart phone simply because of the reliability of having actual buttons to press, no worries of my phone freezing, etc.  The phone is very durable too, and is a nice compact size.  My only complaints about the Matrix are that the camera does not zoom and it takes poor quality pictures, and that the Internet browser doesn't support very complex websites and often takes awhile to load.  I will continue to weigh these pros and cons when it's time for me to upgrade to a smartphone, but for now, I am quite content with my Matrix!

Love It!!

from Rexburg, ID

Comments about Pantech - Matrix Phone:

I got this phone about 2 years ago and is still working wonderfully.  It took a little getting used to but it wasn't difficult enough to make me frustrated.  Perfect phone for those not wanting to get rid of the flip phone key pad but also wants to try out the QWERTY keyboard.  The versatility of it was marvelous.  It may not be a touch screen or an andriod or anything fancy like that but it is a good serviceable phone that has me still satisfied after it was time to upgrade to a new phone.  It's hard to find true good phones that are the size you want and has the keyboard you want.

The keys on the QWERTY keyboard we a tad bit small at first but it was easy enough to get used to.  Now need to worry about it accidentally calling anyone either because all buttons that would call someone were safely tucked away.

Minor problem was that mine vibrated really hard.  If I wasn't paying attention and was completely relaxed it would scare me but it never broke from the vibrations so it was just that I wasn't quite used to it.

• Battery Life:

One of the best phones I have had, even better than my Centro

from Independence, MO

Comments about Pantech - Matrix Phone:

This phone has a fully functioning Qwerty Keyboard and number pad. I can go to the internet and actually see the websites and not have to worry about it taking forever to load. It has automatic key lock when phone is closed, which is great when you have little ones. Texting has never been so much fun. I got one for my mom and grandma and they both love it too, they can text me with ease.

This is a perfect phone if you love texting.

from Silverdale, WA

Pantech Matrix

This has been a great phone for me. I havent had any problems with it at all. It is very easy for texting and didnt take very long for me to get used to it. My last phone had a QWERTY keyboard that I thought was easy but this phoe is much better!

The camera is fairly great and all the features are great as well. It has multiple alarms, easy buttons, easy to navogate, notepad, calendar, stop watch and much more! One of my favorites is one of the quick navigation buttons. It allows you to store twelve or thirteen specific areas of your phone. For example, I have quick access to my Alarms, Inbox, IM,  Notepad, Calculator, Music Player, Games, and for entering a webpage to go to..all with the push of a button. It is great. It keeps you from having to go through multiple options just to get to what you want. It definitely saves me a lot of time!

If you want a great phoen for a good price, I highly recommend the pantech matrix. You will not be disappointed.

It could be worse

from Farmingdale, NY

Comments about Pantech - Matrix Phone:

I've had this phone for a few months.  It is pretty cool but I am going to focus more on the cons becuase it seems the pros have been well covered on the other reviews.

My paint is chipping off for no reason. I did nothing to it other than daily use.  It is sad to see my beatiful red just fall off.

My aim application gets stuck all the time to the point i can not sign on or off to the application.

the web takes FOREVER!

that's about it. Short and sweet.  It's an ok phone. Not amazing.

Pantech matrix is an overall pretty good phone.

from Sandy, UT

Comments about Pantech - Matrix Phone:

I've put my phone through a lot and it still works great, it has a pretty good sized battery and chargers up to full fairly quick, if you text all day on it, it will last about the whole day. If you dont text at all, it can last up to three days. Its good for if you're bored to slide both side up and down, back and forth. The buttons on the QWERTY keyboard are a little too close together, but it still works fine. It can go online and search the web, and although its a little slow loading, it still gets the job done. The phone is also made for listening to music, but it doesn't have a slot for earbuds. The sound quality on listening to music and talking on the phone is good and you can hear clearly. Overall, the Pantech Matrix is a good phone and works great!

Surprisingly nice.

from Lebanon, PA

Comments about Pantech - Matrix Phone:

I've received many comments from people who have held my phone saying how it feels like a brick and is thicker than any other phone. However, I never really thought anything of it. If anything, its thickness just adds to its durability; I've dropped the thing countless times and it never stopped working. As for texting, the slide-out qwerty keyboard is the easiest to text with out of any phone I've ever had. The keys seem rather small, but you get used to it. Also, for a person with quick fingers, many phones have had problems with keeping up with how fast I type; even a new Samsung that I'm using now misses letters all the time. However, the Matrix never once skipped a letter. As for the other parts of the phone, the talking isn't perfect. Also, after having it for some time, it reset while I was using it quite often. The battery life turned to less than a day after having it a while. But altogether, the Matrix was my favorite phone I've ever had, and I used it for a full two years without it breaking. The only reason I moved on was an AT&T upgrade.

GREAT phone!!

from Valparaiso, IN

Comments about Pantech - Matrix Phone:

This cell phone is the most durable phone that I have ever had!  Besides the fact that just love the two seperate key pads, one for numbers only and the other for texting.  This phone has stood up to the worst of conditions, my dog got ahold of it and chewed on a corner and other than the teeth marks it still works perfectly.  The phone was left on the hood of our car and when we finally realized it we found it in our drive way and other than a few scuff marks it had no damage to it.  I like the fact that the phone can be answered with or without opening up the slide part.  The battery life has been great for alomst three years now, have not had to replace it at all.  Every once in awhile the key pad letters stick when typing but i just wipe it off with a damp rag and it clears up.  The picture quality is not that great, there is no button for flash to brighten up pictures and for long distance photos it is horrible but that is not what i bought the phone for.  Overall, I love my Pantech matrix.