3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Durable..with all the perks!! ****

I love this phone! Pearly Pink and super cute. The front keyboard vibrates on the touch screen when dialing numbers which is quite convenient, The flip full keyboard is great for texting,shows text's as a conversation so it like your a talking back and forth so you can see what was previously sent. Very nice for texting long conversations. Camera is nice,even when kids are moving. The only downfall to the camera is the screen is not lined up with the lens,so I always stick my finger over the lens.Battery Life is very good. Loud ringer and nice speaker phone. Overall I am very please and would recommend.

Love Hate Relationship - Pantech Impact

When I was looking for a new phone, I wanted only three features: an easy to use/access calculator, QWRTY keybord, and threaded text. I don't use any of the fancy features on phones, just calls, texting, and my calculator. This seemed to be the phone for me! I loved it. I loved the "normal phone" appearance from the outside and the "normal keyboard" appearance on the inside, rather than the cluttered look of many QWRTY phones I looked at. I like the flip open, I like the shortcuts option, the camera takes decent pics, and it's overall a simple phone to use. However, once I had it I found some negative features as well. There is no easily visible message alert. There appears to be lights on the front screen of the phone, which I assumed was a message alert, but they don't light up. You have to actually view the screen to know if there is a message. I like the idea of seeing my phone on the counter, see the blinking light, and knowing I have a message. Not the case here. Also, The battery cover on my phone is not very secure. The seem of the battery cover lays along the side where the phone flips open. So after a few weeks of wear, my battery cover started coming loose. Now, nearly every time I open my phone, my battery cover comes off. Another irritating issue I've had with this phone is setting the ringer volume. If I have the phone open when I turn the ringer down, I still have to turn it down when I close the phone, and vice versa. And sometimes I know I've turned it down, but the next call I get the ringer is still turned up. Very frustrating. Overall, I still love the phone. I'm more of a simple-phone person, and this phone suits me well. Just a few minor issues I can deal with. ...Oh, and a minor note, the camera lens tends to be right under where it's natural to place your finger when trying to take pictures, so you have to hold your hand at an odd angle.

great little classy phone

from Mastic Beach, NY

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

This phone is not only quite classy looking,its very durable and had great feature,like the touch screen front on closed cover.I was thrilled it came in such a nice shade of pink too.

the phone is very sharp looking,great features and signals are sharp too.Graphics are great and very sharp too.

Voice Quality
the voice/sounds are very good...no issues what so ever.

Battery Life
okay...this is a major issue...mine lasts maybe a day...where other phones have been without charge for almost three days!doesn't matter if I turn it off to save on power either...sad!

I am very careful but have dropped this poor thing more then 3 times now...and not onto a rug or soft surface...my sidewalk...my kitchen tiled floor and my bathroom tiled floor...and a few other places...but its always good to go..

can be tricky to get used to touch screen...must lock it or else its a mess!

nice design...

• Battery Life:

The Pantech Impact is amazing...and pink!

from Valley Springs, CA

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

I cringe when my 2 year contract with AT&T is up because I know I'm going to have to go to the store, play with all the new phones, sigh over the price and then pick out something totally different form my current (and Old) phone. So, when I went to the store 6 months ago, I went in with the grumpy attitude that all I wanted was a plain ole Motorolla like I used to have....well, needless to say they don't even make the type of phone that I was dreaming about anymore so I started playing with the Pantech Impact and I fell in love. It was pink, easy to use and it was cheap! I got it that day and it took me about a week before I was totally comfortable with all it's bells and whistles. My boyfriend even went back and got the Impact in blue. =) This is an amazing phone to get if you want something that's a little less smartphone-ish. I love this phone...and did I mention that it's pink?

• Battery Life:

Pantech Impact-my favorite cell phone so far

from Jefferson City, MO

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

When the touchscreen on my last phone completely stopped working, I got the Pantech Impact from a friend of mine who was upgrading and selling hers. I really just wanted to find a cheap phone until my own upgrade was available, I didn't know I would end up loving this phone! The keyboard is super easy to use. It has a touch screen when closed for dialing calls. The menu screens are set up so that it is pretty easy to find whatever you are looking for right away. I am not a person that reads manuals or anything before I use new products, I would rather just figure it out on my own. It was very easy for me to do that with this phone. The camera takes really good quality pictures, especially for being on a cell phone. The Pantech Impact is also very durable, I have a two year old and a three year old who like to grab my phone and end up dropping it alot and I have never had a problem with it. The battery lasts for a long time, I only charge once every two, sometimes three days and I text constantly during the day.

This phone is dangerous

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

The keyboard lock does or doesn't work with any reliability. Therefore you make more calls than needed and can't answer calls or end calls when desired. This flaw is so frustrating that the other features can't even begin to make it better. I believe my phone to be flawed, but warranty and phone company didn't back it either. I would stay away from this phone and any other Pantech products because of this problem.

Not a reliable device

It is awful

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

It is the worse phone I have ever owned. The buttons stick,Now the phone will not charge. I plug it in and it doesn't do anything. I have to end the call by opening the phone up all the way where it is on speaker phone. I know several people that have one and they have the same problems. Save your money.

Front screen of the Pantech Impact scratches easily.

from Kingston, WA

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

I received this phone for Christmas from my parents. I'd been needing one very badly and was pleasantly surprised at how cute it was with it's pink color. The only requirement I had for a cell phone was a QWERTY keyboard. While the Pantech Impact definitely has a QWERTY keyboard and looks smooth and fancy - it's durability is lacking with regard to the front screen. I am not easy on my phones. I have a two year old who likes to get into EVERYTHING...but I hoped the phone would last longer with no scratches than the 2 days it made it. On the third day my phone was in my purse and the front got scratched. Since then every drop results in a dent or scratch.

The screens and folders are not intuitive. I could not, and still cannot 3 months later, figure out how to make a few necessary settings changes. I have referred to the manual but it's not addressed there either.

One of the only complaints I've read about this phone is that the exterior buttons start to fail. It's true. I often cannot end conversations until I open up the phone and push the end button there. It's frustrating when I'm trying to get the thing off quickly and I have to fumble around.

In defense of the phone, there are certainly inexpensive covers available and if I bought this phone again I would put a protective cover on it the minute I had it in my possession. Also, I appreciate the lock-out button on the side to prevent 'butt-dialing'.

Pantech, cute phone but lacking quality

from Niles, MI

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

I admit it...I got this phone because it was pink. That being said, I suppose it's my own fault all the problems I've had with it. First off, the battery cover kept popping off until I eventually lost it. (as did on a friend of mine who couldn't resist the pink either) I really don't like the touchscreen dialing, it goes crazy on me sometimes adding numbers I didn't push. I often have to clear it and start over because the screen is oversensitive. I do like the full keyboard when you open it, it's great for texting or facebook, etc. Overall it's a low quality phone, but I didn't pay much for it so I suppose that's to be expected. I definitely wouldn't get another one, next time I will have to overlook the "cuteness factor" and look for a phone that actually works well. :)

Pantech Impact P7000 is sloooowwwwwwwww

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

I bought this phone not knowing much about the company. Safe to say that, now, I know enough. This phone is very slow and I hate how when your text goes over 2 pages, it switches to a larger format and erases some of the things you've already written. Also, this phone is already have glitch problems, and I just got it in January!!

Pantech Impact for sure, wow is this phone durable!

from Oroville, CA

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

The name says it all, "Impact", this phone is one tough cookie. I have had it for just over a year now. This was my first "fancy" texting phone, really wanted to be "cool" and have a keyboard so after looking at a few phones at different stores we ( hubby and I both got one) decided to get the Pantech impact (blue) We loved the design of the touch screen and flip up key board. We decided to embrace technology a bit more and splurged on internet to go with the phones....WOW! Hubby is a HUGE craigslist fan and this phone was awsome for him to browse their with out a glich. This is important since he is technologically challenged for the most part.

In the year that I have had this phone is has taken a beating, usually I am very good with phones however this guy was just put to the test, it has been in a puddle and dropped countless times, the latest a result of my 1yr old dropping it in the store has finally sent the battery cover MIA, but It still works!! Sadly with the missing batter cover I will be upgrading soon, but I would recommend this phone for a teenager or any one hard on phones cause it has help up against not only myself but the forces of nature!

Great phone

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Pantech - Cell Phone:

I upgraded my phone about a year ago from some old generic phone to a Pantech Impact. And an Impact it has made! (Har har, funny joke.)

It took me a second to get used to how it looks (kinda odd, if you ask me), but eventually it grew on me and I think it looks great. However, what I appreciate the most is the full QWERTY keyboard. After getting used to the fact that it's slightly off center, I found the size of the keys perfect for me and easy to press (I wasn't jamming my finger down trying to get the key to register). As a teenager, being able to text quickly comes with the territory, and the keyboard is very nice compared to my last, number-pad style phone.

The call quality could be a improved, and the noise pickup on my end could also be improved. According to people I talk to on the phone, the speakers pick up the background quite nicely, but it drowns me out.

The pictures look great. A big improvement from my last phone. And more importantly, they don't get all distorted and fuzzy when downloaded onto the computer. They stay in relatively good quality.

All in all, it's a decent phone (especially if you got it for near-free like I did), and worth looking at. It's a tough phone (has taken many falls without breaking), and has even withstood being dropped into a sink without any ill effects.

I don't have a data plan, so I don't know how the internet is, but from what I've heard, it's okay. Another thing you might have to do more research on.

Hoped this helped. :)