Other Music Services:
Entertainment Software
Pandora Internet Radio

Pandora Internet Radio

Pros

• Easy to install (3)
  • Easy to navigate (3)

Cons

• Primary use:
    • Personal (3)
    • Computer Platform:
    • Other (3)

Endless Possibilities

I have been using Pandora for over 13 years, if that doesn't say loyalty I don't know what else does. Pandora is a free/paid internet streaming music app/website. It's is available on every device you can imagine. You can have the free subscription or you can pay a monthly subscription for offline features and unlimited skips, I think if you pay for it there's no advertising. So here are my pros about Pandora.
A huge plus for me is you can get it on any device. I can be at my laptop, in my car from my phone, on my Roku, and on my IPad streaming my favorite stations. I think that is amazing. I love being able to take my music anywhere I go. I typically stream Pandora on my cell phone while I am driving down the road from my cell phone. My car has Bluetooth so I connect my car to my phone and enjoy my favorite tunes! I have Sirius radio in my car, I just don't use it, Pandora has taken it's place.
A few things to keep in mind. If you have the free subscription like I do then yes after so long you'll have to listen to a 30 second video of a ad. Personally it doesn't bother me at all. That ad saves me so much money compared to what Sirius wants monthly for supposed "ad free" radio. And you can only skip so many songs for every hour because of a free subscription, not a problem for me because I just change my station.
You can create your own stations and personalize it to you!!! As a song plays if you like it hit the thumbs up and if you don't like the song hit the thumbs down button. Pandora will then personalize and play songs that you might like. It makes your experience just for you.
So yes Pandora is worth it, even the free version is worth your time. It's better than sitting in your car for 30 minutes waiting for a radio host to shut up and play a song that the general population wants to hear instead of what you want to hear. So join today and check it out for yourself. There's no doubt in my mind you'll love it.

Internet Radio that allows you to listen to music for free.

I really like the idea of Pandora and I enjoy using it. I like how you can type in an artist and it will give you a random mix of that genre of music. I also like how it will give you a thumbs up or thumbs down if you do or don't like the song, so it customizes to what you want to hear once you pick your artist or style of music. However, there are some major draw backs to Pandora and this is why I gave it a 3 instead of a 4 or 5. They have entirely too many commercials or ads in between songs. When you skip some songs an ad will automatically come up and if you don't skip any it takes about 4-5 songs to have one come up on its on. I understand that this application is free and that's how they pay for the service, however it has gotten worse. I sometimes will not use the application just because of that. You can't click off of the ad and you have to listen to it entirely. They have a Pandora upgrade option which you can pay for to not be bothered by the ads. I looked into getting it, however I will not pay a fee per month to do this. I think it just used to be a one time fee for the year, but now they changed it to a fee every month. It's just money wasted in my opinion. I still use Pandora, but not as much as I used to. I also will never pay them monthly to use their service without ads- I will just find something else.

Great for Internet music

from Utah

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

I started using Pandora radio on my laptop, and I love it. I can turn it on for background music when I am working or when I am just relaxing and browsing online. Since it is just audio, it does not take too much bandwidth to stream, and it does not slow me down if I am working on something else at the same time online. I typically use it through iTunes, and I have been able to set some favorite radio stations and music styles, helping me listen to the music that I enjoy the most. More recently I have also started using Pandora radio on my iPhone. It warns about possible data charges for streaming music, but for me, charges would only come if I use cellular data and go over my monthly limit of data usage (10 gb for family plan). Since music doesn't take as much data as video,I can safely stream some music on my phone while in the car without using to much data and incurring charges. But more often I prefer to use it at home while using wifi. I can plug my iPhone into our sound system and enjoy music around the house without any charges.

It was first, but it's not best

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

Pandora might've been the first to the internet radio market, but overall I don't think their service is up to par with competition. Most of the people who really love it are the people who have been using it for years and have their information put in and get lots of specific song recommendations. For newer users, Spotify, Beats or iTunes Radio top it. The really bad thing about Pandora is the fact that they love to play really, really obnoxious ads all the time. They're loud, in your face, and just cringeworthy. Even worse, if you open your phone and look, there's usually video and banner ads all over the place, to the point that it's hard to skip a song or manipulate the interface because you have so many flashing ad banners and videos and sounds getting in your way. This is the point, though. They want you to accidentally click them so they'll get paid a bit more, and putting them in the way of everything you do is just a really good way to make that happen.

Pandora Internet Radio - Perfect For Busy People

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

Pandora Internet Radio is perfect for the person that wants to listen to music all day long. I have a premium membership which is very inexpensive and gives a lot in return. Since beginning my membership, I have only rarely bought any music on my own! Pandora plays the songs I like, and if I give a "thumbs down" to a song it never plays again! A "thumbs up" will cause a song to play again more often. Its easy to "train" your stations to your preferences, and new songs are introduced routinely so it never gets old. Additionally, the free version has very few ads and the ads are generally interesting or pertaining to things I enjoy. I think Pandora Radio is perfect for busy people! Turn it on, and enjoy your favorites immediately without a lot of searching or compiling song lists. I found their site easy to navigate, and could quickly to find answers to my questions. There were a few issues when traveling internationally. I found I could not play Pandora after being out of country for two weeks. I did not know that was their policy beforehand and couldn't find much regarding that policy online when Pandora wouldn't play while away. However, I still find Pandora an excellent company, and one that I can use with assurance that the music is not pirated and is being honestly listened to and enjoyed.

Simply Good Radio

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

Pandora is my go to radio station on the internet. I like the options they offer for organizing and storing your favorites and playlists, and the audio quality is very good, even on slower computers. Like most internet radio, if you're on dial up it can lag occasionally, but if you have a digital connection, cable internet, or a good wifi, then you'll be fine. Pandora is easy to search, and the selection of music is absolutely mind boggling. So far, I have found every song I was looking for that was in any way popular--and I have also found quite of a few really obscure songs on Pandora that I couldn't find anywhere else.

My computer is pretty fast, but not the fastest around--but I can run Pandora in the background while I play games online, or surf, or while I am working on Word documents or spread sheets, and it never lags or hangs up on me.

If you're a fan of radio, then you'll really enjoy Pandora. Their service is very good, and the seemingly infinite selection of music makes the service really worth using.

Smart radio

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

I found out about Pandora Internet Radio from my brother only a few short months ago and I have to admit, I am honestly quite impressed. This has got to be one of he most innovative music sites I have seen. I love it's smart technology. It is set to only play the songs that I like. I get to design my own radio station so to speak. Not only that though, it also allows me to rate a song thumbs down for the ones that I don't like so that it will never play again. I can also do a thumbs up to encourage them to add it to the play mix.I can listen to music uninterrupted while I surf the net. It is also quite flexible as well because I can use it on all my devices. The smart technology is that it starts to suggesting songs you might like based on what you've already picked. They have a very high quality service that has really enhanced my internet experience. It's free to sign up and it plays on my laptop computer crystal clear.

I absolutely love it!!

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

I like Pandora a lot, but i think there could be sooooo many improvements. For example, when i'm on the go(in the car, working out, in the mall) i try to listen and the station will stop playing and stay frozen for a while. The only way i can then get it to work is to exit out of the app(which can get very annoying when you have to do it over and over again) or turn my phone off and back on. Another thing i think could be improved is less ads. I understand to pay for the radio and to keep it free you need to have ads, but an ad after every other song can become irritating. Also, i'd like it a lot better if you could skip over more than six songs an hour, because after you skip your sixth then a song that you don't like comes on, you have to endure it until it is over. If those few errors were fixed i would most definitely rate Pandora a 10 out of 10 because it's a great internet radio with few flaws.

Best music streaming service.

from Florida

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

Pandora is the best online music streaming service online. The only complaint that I have with there service is that the player has a tendency to buffer a lot. Although on WiFi it almost always works perfectly.

You can make different playlists based on certain songs that you like or by artists and bands. You are allowed to skip six songs per playlist per hour, and you can like certain songs on the playlist which adds three b song to your playlist shuffle.

They have a very easy to use website that is easy to navigate and keep track of all your playlists etc. On top of a wonderful and easy to use website they have great applications not only for Android and iPhone but they have a great Blackberry application.

The best part of Pandora is that you get awesome use of it and its features for no cost to you.

If you want to have access to awesome music wherever you are then I recommend Pandora to you!

I love using this!

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

I am a teacher and I constantly use Pandora. I use it with my students to give them a dance break throughout the day. They have great kid's radio stations on there. My kids love listening to them. They also have great holiday stations for children on there around Christmas time. I also use Pandora for myself. I play it in the background when I am at work. It is a great service. They have a huge variety of stations. You can personalize your station by selecting artists, albums, or music types. There are ads that play every so often. You also cannot skip a lot of songs in a row. That is the only thing I do not love about it. However, overall, it is a great service. It is a free radio station you can personalize to your interest. You also get to be exposed to new songs based on your own interests. I would highly recommend downloading Pandora if you have not already. It is a great service!

Free internet radio.

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

When you don't want to have to manually find all your favorite songs or make a playlist, Pandora is the perfect way to listen to music! You can just create a "station" with your favorite artist or genre, and Pandora will play you music they think you will like. You can vote thumbs up or thumbs down on each song, and usually skip songs you don't like. Pandora was my favorite way to listen to music when I was studying for school, because I didn't have to pick out what I wanted to listen to. Obviously lots of people have playlists they can just turn on, but if you're like me you don't want to have to sit down to make a playlist. Pandora is a lifesaver! Sometimes, your stations will get overused and they'll start playing stuff you don't like, but if you make sure to vote on each song, it should stay how you want it. Once in a while, Pandora won't "get" what I want it to play but it's usually pretty reliable. An added bonus is that you can easily discover new artists and groups from listening to Pandora who play music you like! Pandora is free, finds music for you (based on your preferences), and helps you find new artists. What do you have to lose?

Pandora

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

I have been listening to Pandora internet radio since I have owned a smartphone! I originally downloaded the Pandora internet radio app on my blackberry and have since downloaded the app on my iPhone as well. I'm a huge music junkie and love listening to music while I'm running.
I like how I can like or dislike a song on Pandora and it tries to customize playlists for me based on what songs I have given thumbs up or down to. It seems to have a wide variety of music from all different genres but I find that Pandora doesn't always have the latest songs that have come out.
Pandora has a huge variety of music but I don't think the feature that suggests songs for me to listen to based on my likes and dislikes works very well. It seems like if I like one song by a certain artist then Pandora wants to play nothing but songs by that artist for the rest of my listen.
Overall, Pandora is nice to listen to sometimes but I think iTunes Radio has definitely taken over the internet music streaming business.