Other Music Services:

Pandora Internet Radio

Pros

Cons

Great music steaming.

I have the Pandora service both on my computer and on my Android cell phone. I have used Tue service for two plus years and have had very few problems with it...Read complete review

I have the Pandora service both on my computer and on my Android cell phone. I have used Tue service for two plus years and have had very few problems with it overall.

I am a free member which means that I have a limit to how many songs I can skip in a certain amount of time, but other than that there are no complaints from me about the free service.

I have several different stations set up on my Pandora account and the app and the website are both set up so that adding stations or switching from one station to the other is done easily.

I love that you can search songs, artists or even genres to help you discover new songs or artists. It makes finding new music a lot of fun.

The app of course works best on WiFi , but I have used it on several occasions using my cellular data and it was a little slower but still played the music.

Overall personally I don't have any reason to upgrade to the paid subscription, the free one fits my needs perfectly fine currently. So if you are new to the Pandora world I recommend starting with the free subscription and then if you find you need the paid version switching.

Internet Radio that allows you to listen to music for free.

I really like the idea of Pandora and I enjoy using it. I like how you can type in an artist and it will give you a random mix of that genre of music. I also like how it will give you a thumbs up or thumbs down if you do or don't like the song, so it customizes to what you want to hear once you pick your artist or style of music. However, there are some major draw backs to Pandora and this is why I gave it a 3 instead of a 4 or 5. They have entirely too many commercials or ads in between songs. When you skip some songs an ad will automatically come up and if you don't skip any it takes about 4-5 songs to have one come up on its on. I understand that this application is free and that's how they pay for the service, however it has gotten worse. I sometimes will not use the application just because of that. You can't click off of the ad and you have to listen to it entirely. They have a Pandora upgrade option which you can pay for to not be bothered by the ads. I looked into getting it, however I will not pay a fee per month to do this. I think it just used to be a one time fee for the year, but now they changed it to a fee every month. It's just money wasted in my opinion. I still use Pandora, but not as much as I used to. I also will never pay them monthly to use their service without ads- I will just find something else.

Great music steaming.

from Florida

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Easy To Install
  • Easy To Navigate
  • Fast
  • Great Value
  • Powerful

Cons

• Other

Pandora Internet Radio - music to my ears

from Downers Grove, IL

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

Pandora is my go to music listening app. For those unfamiliar, you type in a artist or band or genre and Pandora will create a music station based off of that. They offer a free version that is ad-supported and a premium version Pandora One that removes the ads. I use the free version and primarily on my iPhone 6. You will get pop-up ads on the screen as well as audio ads every so often. I would say a 15 to 30 second ad for every 3-5 songs played. It's still much better than commercials on the radio. When a song is playing, you have a choice to thumb up or thumb down the song. If you do so, Pandora will adjust the algorithm for the created station to cater to your preferences. You can also choose to skip the currently played song and move on to the next one. However, you're supplied a limited amount of skips. I'll say it's around 5-10. Once you exhaust your skips, you'll need to wait for them to refresh (at least an hour I'd say). Within Pandora One, you are given more skips. Audio quality is great and sound identical to CD quality. I usually don't encounter any buffering issues either whether on WiFi, 3G, or LTE. One knock regarding the app is that it does not support landscape mode. This is pretty annoying when I have my phone attached to the car mount. Overall, though, I'd highly recommend Pandora. It's a free way to listen to music to your heart's content.

Major Price Increase

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

Have been listening to Pandora via a paid annual subscription that Pandora has now removed. They only offer the monthly billing. Plus the price went up 33% annually; not happy about that part. I could understand a 10-15% increase, but 33%? That is a steep increase which is why I have not rated Pandora any higher than a 7.

Fun Discovery Streaming

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

Pandora was the first free music streaming program I tried, and I still use it a lot. I have it downloaded on both my phone and my computer.

I like putting in an artist, and seeing what Pandora comes up with is similar in style. You can approve or disapprove (thumbs up/down buttons) each song, but I tend to just only thumbs down the artists or songs I dislike. You can save your 'station', and add like artists once you find that someone else has a lot of stuff you like similar to the artists you started out wanting to hear. I have discovered a lot of new music and artists with Pandora, and been reminded of a lot of music I had practically forgotten!

There's isn't a lot of control on this program. You can select an artist, but you won't hear them more than once every 20 minutes or so as they shuffle through like artists/music. If you like the randomness of wondering what song is next (which I often do) this is a great program.

You can pause the songs, but not the commercial. Commercials come every few songs, and occasionally you have to hit 'I'm still listening' if you haven't made any other efforts (thumbs up/down, pause, etc) for awhile. I use the free version but you can pay an upgrade fee to get no commercials.

Knows how to select the perfect songs ...

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

Pandora does exactly as it is supposed to. You get to listen to uninterrupted music (as long as you pay for it, otherwise you get to listen to select commercials). You choose a "station" based on a group or song and genre and the magic happens from there playing songs you love, haven't heard in awhile or never heard before and wonder why not?!

The radio station works great since it is a free Internet radio and or a free cell phone ap from your ap store. I love to use it while running a multitude of races and changing up my station always gives me the energy to push through. The station always comes across clear and rarely loses signal. If it does lose signal it's generally my cell phone and not Pandora that's the problem. You may choose to skip certain songs just because of give each song a designated thumbs or or thumbs down. You are only allowed 3 thumbs downs per listening period if you don't pay for the premium version.

I don't listen to anything besides Pandora.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

I honestly don't even bother buying music anymore since I started using Pandora. I use Pandora everyday, and couldn't live without it. I like that I can create my own custom playlists, and add all the different artists and bands I like to listen to on my Pandora. By logging on it saves all of the artists I like, so I can just click on them whenever I want to listen to them. I like when I'm in the mood I can just click on the specific artist I want to listen to, and Pandora will play all their hottest songs, and play other songs from other artists that are similar to them. I mostly like to listen to Today's Hits, because it plays all the same songs that are on the radio, without having to listen to the radio dj's talking all day. I can just skip that and listen to the same music on the radio on Pandora. I also like Pandora though because it recommends me other artists, and song I might like that I probably haven't heard of yet. Which is great because I always like to listen to new artists.

I mostly use Pandora when I am at the gym and running on the treadmill, but I also like to use Pandora when I am in my car, as well as at home as well. It's very convenient to use, and the most used app on my IPhone. I think everyone who owns an Iphone should have the Pandora app on their phone.

I don't have any complaints about Pandora, and there is nothing I don't like about it.

A lot of people complain about the Ads that are on Pandora, but I don't mind them at all. I get to listen to free music, and my favorite bands without having to pay any money for it. I can listen to Pandora for hours on end, and all I have to do is listen or watch a 30 second ad every now and then.

I love Pandora and it's the only app that I have on my Iphone to listen to music.

Pandora

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

I absolutely love Pandora! I have it on my tablet and on my cell phone and stream whenever I'm in the mood for music. I plug my phone into the car and stream this instead of listening to FM or AM stations. They have the biggest selection of stations I have yet to find, there is definitely something for everyone on here, even kids. It is extremely easy to set up your stations and you can either choose one to listen to or you can put it on random and listen to a little something from all your stations. Some of the songs even have the lyrics show so you can sing along! I am only using the free version of Pandora and I will say that the ads are not annoying like some free versions of apps can be. I get one or two very short ads that play every three or four songs. It is not as long as a commercial break on television or the radio so I rarely even notice them, sometimes the ads last a mere 15 seconds. I hope Pandora never goes away because I use it daily for my music and I would miss it!

Great on a computer, not impressed with the app

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

I love Pandora on my office computer! It is excellent to listen to during the day. The unique stations play different songs that you can listen to or dislike to skip to a new song. It loads quickly, and it has a good variety of songs on each station. I am not impressed with the app however, and that is why I only rated it an eight. The app plays commercials more frequently than the computer, and it often plays the same exact commercial all day. I am tired of hearing about the new Taco Bell Quesarito! If it would switch it up and play different commercials, I would give it a higher rating. Yes I know you can upgrade to Pandora one, but for a free app I am not impressed. I have found that the app "iheartradio" is much better with commercial breaks, playing much fewer of them and different ones to keep you interested. iheartradio also loads faster on my phone, although that may be just my phone type. I encourage users to try out other free music apps if you are also annoyed by the commercials.

Great for Internet music

from Utah

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

I started using Pandora radio on my laptop, and I love it. I can turn it on for background music when I am working or when I am just relaxing and browsing online. Since it is just audio, it does not take too much bandwidth to stream, and it does not slow me down if I am working on something else at the same time online. I typically use it through iTunes, and I have been able to set some favorite radio stations and music styles, helping me listen to the music that I enjoy the most. More recently I have also started using Pandora radio on my iPhone. It warns about possible data charges for streaming music, but for me, charges would only come if I use cellular data and go over my monthly limit of data usage (10 gb for family plan). Since music doesn't take as much data as video,I can safely stream some music on my phone while in the car without using to much data and incurring charges. But more often I prefer to use it at home while using wifi. I can plug my iPhone into our sound system and enjoy music around the house without any charges.

It was first, but it's not best

Comments about Pandora Internet Radio:

Pandora might've been the first to the internet radio market, but overall I don't think their service is up to par with competition. Most of the people who really love it are the people who have been using it for years and have their information put in and get lots of specific song recommendations. For newer users, Spotify, Beats or iTunes Radio top it. The really bad thing about Pandora is the fact that they love to play really, really obnoxious ads all the time. They're loud, in your face, and just cringeworthy. Even worse, if you open your phone and look, there's usually video and banner ads all over the place, to the point that it's hard to skip a song or manipulate the interface because you have so many flashing ad banners and videos and sounds getting in your way. This is the point, though. They want you to accidentally click them so they'll get paid a bit more, and putting them in the way of everything you do is just a really good way to make that happen.