3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

• Readability:

More than expected for a great price!

Recently, I have purchased a Pandigital Novel. I was not sure what to expect at first, however this product truely surprised me. The price point is much lower than other models with the same capabilities. This is not only a ereader, but it is a digital picture frame, a calendar, an address book, and can access websites with a wireless connection. The ereader function of this item connects with the Barnes and Nobles site and operations with all of the same functionality of the Nook. AND its in FULL color! The only complaint that I would have about this is that turning the pages can be a bit slow at times. But it is also nice to be able to read and have music playing in the background at the same time. The facebook app and e-mail app are also a huge plus!!!!

I wish it would have had the andriod market, however in reading up on this product it is able to download any apps that have an APK app for it. The other downside is the battery life could be a little longer. All in all it is a great product for someone who is looking for an ereader with some extras at a great price

Pandigital Novel Ereader Garbage!

I have been researching the Nookcolor, and was looking for a good deal on it, when I came across the Pandigital Novel that supported Barnes & Noble books. I was disappointed from the moment I took it out of the box! The unit seems very cheaply made, the first screen that comes up is the bn sign in, but it won't accept your info, until you locate the wi-fi screen and activate it. The touchscreen seemed to have a mind of its own, at one point it would accept selections that you were not wanting to choose and other times, you needed to add pressure to get the touchscreen to activate. The response time is very slow, and when you want to read the newspaper or a book and try to turn the page, it consistantly turns 2 at a time. I tried to add a PDF file from my computer, but when I tried to access it on the ereader, I could not find where it was stored. I guess the old saying is true, you get what you pay for! I think that I will be investing the money & purchasing the Nookcolor and will be much happier.

Definately a waste of money

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

We bought one of these for our daughter who seems to always be reading. She was asking us to take her to the bookstore for a new book every couple of days and we thought this would be a lot easier and cheaper. At first it seemed to be working fairly well. It had a few minor glitches and problems but would appear to be fixed after we would complete updates. After a week or so it would mess up again. The battery life on this unit was horrible as well and seemed to only get worse. It seemed like she was always having to let it charge. Them after a couple weeks of this going on it wouldn't even power up at all. We even tried to power it up while it was plugged in and that still didn't work. When I tried to call customer service I was told very quickly that my issues were not covered by the warranty. I tried to explain to the agent that I understood her warranty had possibly expired but I would still like to know how to go about getting it repaired so she could use it. After about 20 minutes of wasted time I decided to just give up. We then invested in a used Ipad (first generation) and have had great success.

• Readability:

Not a bad little tablet for the price

from Plano, TX

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

I won this E-reader in a contest. I was hoping It was gonna be more like the more pricey models. It is great for an E-reader, but to play games on it is very slow.

Battery Life
I can read for about 3 to 4 hours on battery power.

Book Choices/Variety
the reader APP that comes on it is awesome!

Readability
very easy to read on. sometimes you do have to tap a little hard to turn page.

The touch screen is too touchy at times. I can barely play Angry Bird's original game on it. I tried playing Season and it locked up every time. The problem is it runs a very outdated Android operation system. I was able to upgrade it some, but it did not help with speed. It also has a very tiny hard drive on it. It has an SD slot too. So i use a 4 gig SD card and have plenty of room for my books. It does not play videos on it unless you download a view from the app store it comes with installed. Android APP store does NOT recognize device, another bummer.

very cute and small

it has fell on floor many times and still works great.

Waste of money

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

I bought this e=reader because of a color screen which was pretty cool and nice looking. I realized later that I have wasted my money. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Battery Life
The battery life is two hours hardly. It takes a very long time to be charged to the full extent. Sometimes it takes forever to be charged.

Book Choices/Variety
The graphics are great and I like that it comes with some free books inside the device. There is no huge collection though.

Readability
There is no problem in readability. The screen is good quality one.

The problem is that it is very heavy. It weighs down my bag a ton and isn't convenient to carry around on a daily basis. I'd say I could probably carry around two hard cover large novels in my bag and they'd still be lighter than this. Just because it's small doesn't make it portable and functional for every day use.

I like the design.

It is durable but I did not use it much. I sold it and bought another one.

• Readability:

Good potential if you're willing to work on the system some

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

I got this as a gift and as it is right out of the box it is a little weak ,both in system and in how well it works, but with just a little work and some updates it can be used as an okay Android based tablet. The price on these are super cheap now so it's a good deal if you're okay with editing your system some and that does take some research and work to do so. With an update you can access the Android market and replace the basic reader app with something better, like Kindle app. It is a very heavy reader though and a little thick in design, not nearly as light as most of the current readers out there. The charge time and battery life is also a little weak, a few hours top. But this is my backup reader for when I just want something simple or when I'm letting my young nephews something to play with that I don't worry too much about them damaging.

Book Choices/Variety
Easy enough to load books, works great with sideloading too so you can read a wide range of formats.

Readability
Some mild glare on the screen.

• Readability:

Not as easy to load as advertised

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

this ereader is a good one it took awhile to figure it out but after that it was a breez

Readability
pretty good display the sun doesn't mess up the screen wile in the sun and wile inside in low lighting it still has a bright display

I do like the design of this but having it in a case works a lot better its almost to thin

• Readability:

Just what it is..an ereader

from Lexington, SC

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

I bought this off of amazon.com. I received it and returned it the same day. I turned it on, checked it out. I like the white color backing and the glass front. It's pretty much just an e-reader. I don't recommend it for apps. I immediately started installing apps, the first one I installed, the famous angry birds. I couldn't even play that! I was highly frustrated with this tablet. I figured it would be good for reading (which I LOVE to do) and apps/games. If you love to read, this is for you. It's quite nice actually. If you want something that does apps and reading, please don't get this. Unable to play angry birds and alot of apps. I called customer service, there is no update on the android market, so I believe it's got android 2.2 or 2.3. Can't quite remember.

Book Choices/Variety
Definitely a variety of books. Unfortunately the Kindle app would not download to mine.

Love the design. Nice glass front and white backing.

Get a case and screen protector!

I hate it!

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

It wasn't easy to use at all. I don't like the app store. It has a low choice selection and doesn't have any of the fun apps everyone loves. The e reader part of it works great. That is the best part about the whole tablet. I use it all the time. The camera is decent but not the best. This doesn't compare at all to apple or android products.

Think I'd rather have a Kindle Fire

from Muscle Shoals, AL

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

The color and reader are good. I would prefer better Android accessibility and faster wifi. You get what you pay for with this cheap ereader.

Battery Life
Battery life is good compared to most others I've seen.

Great B&N selection!

Readability
Sometimes pages are hard to flip, but otherwise great screen lighting and color.

Sometimes this is frustrating trying to download apps, games, etc.

Wish this product had a better back up system. My four year old set my reader back to factory settings and lost all of my downloads and system updates. It was entirely too easy for him to get to and did not have any way to retrieve what was lost.

Durabliity is good. My kids use it to play games and read quite often and it has sustained their wear and tear well.

Poor choice of ereader

from Lake Jackson, TX

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

Absolutely hated it...hard to maneuver, hard to press the screen and get it to respond. Battery life was very, very poor. It was cheap, and now I understand why. Next ereader, I'll invest and get a nook or kindle. Even wifi was hard to connect, even when my wifi station was right next to me.

Not so sure about this.

from Visalia, CA

Comments about Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader:

We were looking at this for a christmas present. When we asked the clerk to show us how it worked he could not get it to function right. Slow, blurry screen and we spent two hours and left without purchasing.