4.8

Panasonic Viera 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV

4.8

A good solid TV

Comments about Panasonic Viera 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

We use this TV in our playroom which is a larger room. We watch movies, sports and play wii on it - it works well for all of these.We do not have this TV connected for internet streaming so I can't comment on that. I would recommend this TV.

Picture Quality
This TV gives good HDTV quality. It is the set we go to for watching sports.

Sound Quality
The sound quality is fine, but we added a sound system to create the environment we wanted for movies and also because the TV is in a larger room.

Our TV has withstood being moved (unhooked/rehooked) several times and is still working well.

I like the sleek look of the set. It is relatively thin and not heavy, but still feels sturdy enough.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Great picture and good value.

Comments about Panasonic Viera 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

After many years and improvements this plasma is hard to beat. Still one of the best pictures around. The sound is quite good too. Not like a surround system but for brae bones out of the box, no complaints. No issues at all, the remote is easy to use and set up is a snap.
After many years service I have not noticed any fading either. I was told to expect it.
I'd highly recommend Panasonic.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Panasonic - Viera TH-42PZ80U Great Price

from Houston, TX

Comments about Panasonic Viera 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

I've had the 42 inch Panasonic - Viera (model TH-42PZ80U) HDTV Plasma TV for over 2 years now and it still looks like I bought it yesterday. The plasma screen, coupled with HD cable, give crystal clear pictures like you can see the finest grains of detail on TV shows and movies etc. The remote control has all the needed functions, just doesn't look very trendy and is quite box-like. The tv has 3 HDMI poets, 2 at the back with one at the front behind the hidden panel which also takes composite cables. I have it hooked up to multiple home electronics devices which you can switch between easily. The SD card slot on the front allows you to view vacation photos etc. As a mid-priced TV, it fits the bill!

Perfect TV, especially for the price.

from Highland Park, IL

Comments about Panasonic Viera 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

I absolutely love my Panasonic TH-42PZ80U plasma television!  I got it at a great price, and it had been worth every penny - and more!  The screen resolution is phenominal and everything in HD looks simply stunning!  From all of the research I did when buying an HD TV, the Panasonic Viera line simply has the best quality plasma TVs (particularly when facturing in price).  I highly recommend this model for anyone in the market for an HDTV.  Keep in mind that when moving the TV, plasma can shift and ruin the TV.  So far, the TV has been moved into my apartment when I bought it, and recently moved to my new house, and there has never been an issue with this.  This model also has plenty of HDMI ports, which is great if you are hooking up your DVR, Playstation 3, and sometimes even a laptop in my case.  If I am ever in the market for another plasma TV, this is the model I will get without a doubt!