Other Digital Cameras:
Panasonic
DMC-SZ1
Panasonic Lumix Digital Camera

Panasonic Lumix Digital Camera

Great pictures, quick continuous pictures and fantastic zoom.

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Panasonic Lumix Digital Camera:

I bought the SZ7 to replace my old Lumix that died after 5 years of continuous use. The continuous pictures capability is one of the best I've used in a point-and-shoot. I rarely have any lag time with taking a 2nd picture, unless it's with a flash, and even then the improvement over older models is so significant that doesn't even bother me. It has a 10x zoom that really captures the smallest detail. I'm really happy with the zooming capability. My pictures come out clear, and the resolution is so high I can crop to a small corner and it looks perfect. I also love that I can zoom in and out and take pictures while recording video. The camera itself is very light, too.
The only thing preventing me from rating this a 10 is the performance in low light. My older Lumix model was better at it, and most pictures that I take with the SZ7 don't come out, even when not zooming at all. For a Leica lens, this is pretty surprising. I also don't like having to buy specialty batteries - especially since this model is designed to charge with your camera plugged into your computer - so you can't use it while charging. Following the advice of another buyer, I bought a wall charger and back up batteries meant for another model that was compatible with mine, so that's rectified, but still a bad feature.

• Image Quality: