Other Digital Cameras:

Panasonic - Lumix DMC-ZS8 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

A great point and shoot digital camera

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Panasonic - Lumix DMC-ZS8 Digital Camera:

I have owned several point and shoot digital cameras in the last several years and this is the only one I would recommend. I have owned Sony, Nikon, and Canon point and shoot cameras and nothing performs nearly as well or as consistently as this Panasonic. Pictures are crisp, it captures motion well, the focus is simple, and it is easy to adjust and use the settings if you want to get a little fancier. My husband owns a Nikon D7000 SDLR and takes beautiful, professional-quality photos - but for a casual excursion when you don't want to be weighted down by a heavy camera plus bag, lenses, and filters, this is a great option for a pocket. We have used it at the beach without worrying about damaging a more expensive camera and it did great. We bought a similar model for my mother in law for a birthday gift and she loves it. It has held up to lots of use over the last few years and shows absolutely no sign of wear. The battery is easy to charge and reuse and holds a long life. I was even able to snap a perfect photo of my two year old son as he put his hand over the lens - I got his face in perfect focus in a split second with his hand covering half the lens. It was a happy accident that my husband doubts he could recreate with his DSLR. Overalll, a great point and shoot camera, one which we would not hesitate to replace with another Panasonic.

I love it!

Comments about Panasonic - Lumix DMC-ZS8 Digital Camera:

I wanted a new camera that would be good for shooting Stop Motion Animation for my youtube channel. I chose this one because it had an internal stabilizer thing-y, and I thought that would be perfect. I have shot two long (in terms of amateur stop motions) videos and they came out great, and just as I wanted! I have also used this for standard video and photo shooting and works well with both!

Image Quality
Perfect clarity and great usage of lighting. Even when you're moving or your subject is moving, it takes the picture clearly.

I have never had a problem!

This camera is light weight and easy to use. I haven't had any trouble figuring out what each button does or how to manipulate the way the photo will look. I find this product easy to use.

I haven't dropped this, so I can not say anything about this.

Battery Life
This camera seems to last for quite awhile! I mentioned I shot two stop motion animations with this and each one took about 2 hours without break and it lasted through each individually. I think that is pretty good!

Portability
It fits in my bag when I go places and doesn't feel heavy or anything.

• Portability:

This camera has all the features I want.

from Byron Center, MI

I love my Lumix!

Image Quality
The images are always good, so good in fact that I rarely used my SLR.

This camera is reliable, is tucked into my purse, and holds a battery charge for quite a long time...longer than any of my other cameras. And the battery is easy to recharge.

Super easy to point and shoot or I can adjust settings and follow the instructions on the camera.

This camera is rugged. It travels with me in my purse where-ever I go. I determined to buy this camera for my next camera when I was volunteering with the Red Cross and a co-volunteer had one. She dropped it several times, once on cement, and it did not break.

Battery Life
The battery lasts longer that the batteries in my other, and previous, cameras. It is also a rechargeable battery thereby saving money and the environment.

Portability
It is compact and easy to carry in my purse.