Other Digital Cameras:
Point-and-Shoot Digital Cameras
Panasonic
Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3

Summary

The DMC-TZ3 outstands for its high lens performance with capability of setting from 28 mm wide angle to 280mm telephoto while featuring Intelligent Image Stabilizer by MEGA O.I.S.(Optical Image Stabilizer) for suppressing hand-shake and Intelligent ISO Control for preventing motion blur. The DMC-TZ3 is an un-precedented type of compact superzoom digital camera never before realised in such a small size.

Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Great Camera, Great Deal!

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 is the digital camera that I have been using for a few years now. I know that they have come out with new versions in the line (two I so far I think?), and I know that I will be upgrading to one when I am ready for a new camera.

First off for the price range and the size of the camera, the zoom is incredible! And I'm not talking horrible "digital zoom" that just causes pixelation. The lens is amazing! There are also lots of different preset modes that actually work quite well for many situations and makes taking good pictures quickly a breeze. If you're a bit of a more experienced photographer, there are many manual settings to play around with as well.

The battery life is pretty good for the large size of the screen and everything that the camera does, but I would like to see the battery life lengthened in newer models.

I am a woman, so have probably slightly smaller than average hands, and this camera fits perfectly. The physical interface is great, with everything at an easy reach.

Overall, I love the Lumix line and you should, too!!

• Portability:

still pretty good after all these years

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

we bought this camera back in 2009 or so. and we have still been using it. it offers a lot of functions and the battery life is good. that is one of the best features of this camera; we are still on the original the battery!

our camera would be better if my daughter hadn't scratched up the lens somehow, but that's no fault of the camera's.

we have brought it to canada and europe and it's great for all types of shots. my only complaint is that sometimes the focus seems to take a little longer than i'd like in the intelligent auto mode.

• Portability:

great camera even for beginners

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

I love this camera! It is easy to use and takes great pictures without a lot of manipulating. Even my 12 year old son has figured out on his own, just by playing with it, how to do some pretty neat stuff with the graphical features built into it. I didn't even know that it was capable of so many things when I bought it. Just the auto point and shoot aspect takes wonderful pictures.

Panasonic Lumix

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

We have had this camera for a few years now. It gets the job done, easy to use point and shoot. Nice small design fits in my purse well, pictures turn out focused and a nice quality. It does have a lot of features that my husband enjoys playing around with. I will be upgrading to a DSLR in the near future, but this camera did the job

• Portability:

Great camera for the casual photographer who wants pro pictures!

from Waukegan, IL

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

This Panasonic camera is easy to use, but versatile enough to make your photo pop! Many different modes help make your pictures better.

Image Quality
Sharp photos, good macros and zoom photos.

Easy to use. One or two button pushes and settings are adjusted.

Easy to learn to use. Only take a few button pushes to adjust camera.

Durable, but with a large screen, use a case to prevent scratches.

Battery Life
Battery life is OK, but to be safe, carry an extra battery.

Portability
Not a heavy camera, however, it's not the lightest.

Love the Lumix camera

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

I love having a camera that easily fits in my purse to capture all those special moments. This camera takes great pictures and is easy to use. Battery life is excellent. I have purchased the Panasonic Lumix cameras for all my children.

FANTASTIC.

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

For quality of photos, ease of use, camera size, price, ALL the point-n-shoot Panasonic/Lumix/Leica lense cameras are exceptional! Keep it in Auto mode and it's perfect for fun, travel, Christmas portraits, etc. It's my go-to gift for graduations and more!

Image Quality
I make family movies on my Apple computer and the difference between the Panasonic camera and other camera photos on a big screen TV is proof of the excellent photo quality!

Definitely not the camera to take white water rafting (I tried putting the camera in a plastic baggie and I still got it too wet to recover -- my stupidity). It's equally durable compared to other cameras which are not "weather resistant."

Portability
It's a little heavier than comparable size cameras but it's pure quality and helps with stability. It fits easily in a small purse! Travels well!

• Portability:

This camera exceeded my expectations.

from Monmouth, OR

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

I am so impressed with it and it ended up replacing my bigger Olympic point and shoot. I've taken some great pictures with it. It has a great zoom and a great micro and a lot of different settings to get the best shot.

• Portability:

Great little camera with wide range

from Seneca Falls, NY

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

The Pansonic TZ3 is a wonderfully small, feature-packed digital camera. Not as small as some but for me that's a plus - some cameras are so small I can't hold them properly or easily use the buttons. It takes beautiful pictures in decent light; you may have some problems focusing in very low light. The LCD screen is big and clear, and you can boost the brightness to make it more viewable in bright sunlight. The screen is not movable but there is a "high angle mode" for taking photos with the camera held above your head (turn it upside down and you can also use it for low-angle shots).Overall a very nice camera for the point-and-shoot crowd.

I am SO HAPPY with this camera!!

from Tipton, IN

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-TZ3:

I am really excited about this camera!  It fits nicely in my pocket or pocketbook without getting lost but doesn't have to be crammed in.  It's light, easy to operate, and produces incredible pictures.  The only learning curve I have found is the menu system and that is probably me, not the camera.