Other Irons:

Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Panasonic NI-C78SR is My Husbands Favorite Iron Ever!

And that's a good thing, as My husband does ALL the ironing in our house. He's picky too, so it took us a while to pick out the Panasonic NI-C78SR from among all the choices we had. Since he does the ironing, and irons our clothing as-needed, I let him have the final say in the matter but I did push strongly for the Panasonic. I really liked the way it looks, and the color (we have the teal colored iron). I thought it really stood out from the rest. He likes that he can choose either a blast of steam, or a spritz, or both, and he uses the spritz button the most. I like the 3-way shut off, as I'm always paranoid if we've left the iron on when we're not at home, so it's nice to know the Panasonic has this safety feature. I also like that it's not a super heavy iron, so on the rare occaision when I do iron, it's not as much of a chore. The Panasonic also features a retractable cord, so it's never in the way when storing it OR using it. We purchased the iron a few years ago, and it's been reliable and problem-free the entire time. If we ever need to purchase another, I will look for this or another Panasonic with the same features.

Panasonic iron shorted out within 2 weeks

I got this iron at a local store and had used it for less than two weeks before it broke on me. The iron appeared to work well with all the features the iron advertised. I only used it on weekends for ironing dress shirts and trousers. I filled the iron with the same amount of water and waited for it to warm up and started to press a shirt. When I smelled something burning I stopped ironing and unplugged the iron. My shirt was not burned but I plugged the iron back in and waited for it to heat up again. The iron didn't heat up. I checked for leaks or anything obvious but didn't see anything. I let it sit overnight to cool off and tried plugging it in again but it still didn't work, so I had to return it to the store. After looking at the other positive reviews on the internet I'm sure it's an isolated incident in a solid and reliable model.

Quick and efficient ironing

Comments about Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I need to have my clothes ironed out before I leave to work or go out, this Panasonic iron helps me iron out my clothes in a manner which I find suitable. I am able to iron out all the wrinkles from my shirts, jeans, pants and other clothes. Love how easy it is to handle this iron.

The button functions are very easy to use. It has an on off button, I can easily set how high or low I want to set the heat on it. It has a water tank which I can easily attach and detach. I can easily add water into the tank very easily. There is also two options on how much steam I would want, be it regular steam or low steam. As for the look, I can appreciate it, it has a cool yet modern look to it. I also love it's green and white color. It is a bit expensive compared to other irons but in my opinion I believe it is worth it.

Performs like a champ when it comes to ironing.

It is safe.

Does not need much clean but it is very easy to clean.

Very easy to use and handles well.

Have had it for a while.

Like it's look.

A really nice iron!

Comments about Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off:

For an iron that gets used on a day to day basis, this would be my first pick. It holds up well to all of my demanding ironing needs. I fresh iron my work shirts and aprons almost every day. That aside from the usual day to day clothing and items that needs pressing, this one has really held up its end of the deal!

Heats up nice and quick, and irons my items out so clean and crisp I want to jump for joy sometimes. It gets my creases out in one pass too. Collars and those annoying spaces like between the buttons and such, are a cinch to do.

Safety
The auto shut off is just a great feature that works really well.

Easy to change the water and doesn't get that odd iron smell with residue on it like other irons I have used.

Works like a dream! Heats up quickly, one pass ironing action, I love it.

I have owned mine over a yet now with almost daiy use, it is very durable thus far!

Love the color, and it is surprisingly lightweight for the heavy chores that I put it through.

Ironing Done Easier

from Haskell, OK

Comments about Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off:

No one enjoys ironing less than I do; however I'm always ending up with purchases that require a bit of ironing to keep them looking sharp.

The multiple settings for different fabrics allow me to figure out what I'm doing with minimal effort. Less work for me ensures that I will be able to focus on more interesting aspects of my day without looking like quality is of little concern.

Whether you are ironing out the wrinkles in your favorite dress shirt or just needing to freshen up a pair of shorts, you will be pleased with the fact you don't have to wait for long to get your heat setting appropriate for your garment.

Safety
The auto shut off feature is perfect for me, since I'm notorious for bumping the ironing board and causing burns to my clothing.

Wipe down with a damp cloth and you have a clean iron, preventing crud from ending up on your clothing or other fabrics.

Multiple settings allow me to chose the right temperature for my delicates.
I spend enough money as it is, I don't need to be replacing items I burn.

Easy to store as lightweight means its a success for me.

Great iron

Comments about Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off:

The auto shut off feature is what I loved the most, when I decided to buy this iron. It works great, doesn’t mean that I always forget, but it will be very useful if I do.
This iron doesn’t weight a lot and I value the steam feature. My clothing looks great after ironing.

Pretty good iron!

from Wagoner, OK

Comments about Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Pretty good iron and especially at this price point. Very easy to use and works great on all of my cotton shirts. Have used it on denim a few times and did pretty good on it as well. Love the retractable cord, one less thing to get in the way. Great little iron!

• Safety:

Easy for first time users

from Diamond Bar, CA

Comments about Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I don't think I've ever even seen an iron before I bought this one. I never felt the need to iron my clothes until I graduated from college and got a job. At that time, I figured wrinkly dress shirts probably don't look as professional as ironed out dress shirts. And I was undoubtedly right since I haven't gotten any weird looks at work, yet. I was scared of burning a whole through my shirts, like you see on tv. But worry not! That's never even happened to me, so the likelihood of it happening are probably slim. But just in case, you may want to get used to the iron on an old shirt first if you're a first timer like me. The auto shut off is nice too, since I can be forgetful sometimes.
Now I never have an excuse to have wrinkled clothes again.

• Safety:

The Panasonic NI-C78SR is one fantastic iron!!

from Cranston, RI

Comments about Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off:

The Panasonic NI-C78SR is by far the best iron available for a very reasonable price. It is a durable, well-made iron that does what it is supposed to - iron clothes!

This iron heats up very quickly, the stainless steel soleplate never sticks to the clothes and the different settings actually work well. I use between 2 and 3 for delicate items and between 3 and 4 for knits/Izod golf shirts and 5 for jeans/khakis. It has never let me down in the 5 years I have owned it. I feel it makes ironing easy and maybe even enjoyable??!!

Safety
The auto off feature is great. I also like the retractable cord although at times it is a little tricky to get back in fully. I feel this iron covers all the bases as far as safety is concerned.

This iron has a button that you push to clean out the holes on the soleplate. Every so often you can purge the soleplate by pressing the button so no build up occurs. I love the stainless steel soleplate as it is so smooth and doesn't catch on fabrics at all.

This iron is so easy to use that even a novice can iron with ease. I love the removable water tank as it is so easy to bring to the sink to fill.

Extremely durable iron. I dropped it once and it didn't affect it at all. It gets a lot of use and keeps on going and going.

All of the controls on this Panasonic Iron are straightforward and easy to use. I like the large rotary dial and the spray buttons. As mentioned earlier, the removable water tank is ingenius.

Works great!

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off:

This iron works great for a reasonable price. I have been using this iron for a while and it still works as great as the first time I used it. It heats up quickly. It irons clothes smoothly. From thin cotton shirts, to jeans, to a satin dress, the iron does it's job with consistent results every time. Some irons will burn clothes easily, but this one doesn't. This iron is lightweight, so ironing doesn't seem to be as much of a chore as with some other irons. The steam feature works great as well. It doesn't put out too much water or steam. It does what it is supposed to do. The water take is removable, so it is easy to fill, which is a definite plus. The power cord retractor also makes this iron easier to use than most. We don't have much space, so that helps when storing the iron during our non-laundry days. The auto-shut off is my favorite feature. I never have to worry whether I turned the iron off or not because if I forget, it shuts itself off!

• Safety:

This is a great clothes iron

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Panasonic Iron with Auto Shut-off:

This was my mom's iron, and when I moved out of the house she gave it to me and bought a new one. I really like this iron. It has a pretty big reservoir for water for steaming purposes. This iron creates a lot of steam, which is essential for getting wrinkles out. Another thing I like about this iron is that it is kind of heavy, which I think helps get the wrinkles out since there is weight to it when it glides across the garment. (The weight is actually something my mom didn't like about it, but I like that about it.) Another thing that is convenient about this iron is that it has a nice long cord, but it is retractable so it is so easy to store without being messy. I must say I don't do a ton of ironing but whenever I do I enjoy using this iron.

This will get out your wrinkles!

from La Palma, CA

**Panasonic NI-C78SR Steam/Dry Iron with Stainless Steel Soleplate**

This will get out your wrinkles! I've had this iron for a few years and it actually kind of makes ironing fun, and it won't cost you an arm and a leg. The water tank is removeable, it's easy to fill and mess free. The bottom of the iron glides over your clothes very smoothly, the soleplate is stainless steel. The power cord retractor works well too. The iron heats up fast and is ready in no time. The iron creates a lot of steam, which seems to help get the wrinkles out of dress shirts easier than other irons I've used. This iron is a very nice weight, easy to maneuver and my arm doesn't get tired from moving it.

Summary: Great iron for an even greater price. Even if you hate to iron, a GOOD iron will make your job much easier.