Other DVD Players & Recorders:

Panasonic Blu-Ray Player

Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray Disc Player

from Broomfield, CO

Comments about Panasonic Blu-Ray Player:

this was my first blu ray player,and I was reaaly excited at the beginning ,but to be honest a bit disapponted later on.

though I connected it to the internet ,it streams amazon videos,picasa & youtube but NOT netflix.

well,it works ,but sometimes it feels a bit "picky" ,it didn't play some dvds

so basicallyThe Panasonic DMP-BD60 is a good entry level Blu-ray player. It doesn't have fancy stuff like other players,and the price was ok. I've been using it for over a year ,and there are no major issues ,it does what it is supposed to do ,

the player is very quiet "mechanically" andThe BD60 also has a USB port in addition to the SD card slot.

oh,the other issue it is abit slow to turn on ,off and loading movies .

Great Blu-ray player!

from Thomasville, GA

Comments about Panasonic Blu-Ray Player:

This is an excellent Blu-ray player. For a relatively inexpensive player it has picture quality that is outstanding. This includes it's DVD upscaling ability. Using the PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus imaging technology the BD-60 produces lifelike, vivid colors. This Blu-ray Disc player also uses a high definition audio decoder (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master) to take advantage of the high quality 7.1 channel surround sound now found in Blu-ray Discs. Like most Blu-ray players the start up is somewhat slow, but I would consider that more of a nature of the beast regarding all Blu-ray players as opposed to any fault of this particular player. This particular model has limited network capability, only offering the ability to connect with YouTube, Picasa, and Weather, so if you're looking to stream Netflix or other streaming sources the BD65 model (basically a newer version of this model, but network capable) would do the trick for you.

Panasonic DMP-BD60K - Great Value for Money

from Murphysboro, IL

Comments about Panasonic Blu-Ray Player:

The Panasonic DMP-BD60K is a great, affordable, easy to use, multi-format BluRay Disk player. I have used this for over a year and I have no complaints so far. It plays almost everything I throw at it and play quality has been superb. The start-up is a little bit slower, but it runs through all the menus and functions seamlessly. I especially like the automated firmware update feature – it makes it a breeze. If you are connected to a fast enough network and your router can handle the throughput requires you can stream BD content throughout the house. I, like most others still don’t have BD on my laptop. But I can connect to the BD through the network and play all the BD content I need. The Panasonic VieraCast is good but not as great as that of Sony. This player will access Youtube, but using the remote to enter text is a pain. I wish there was some easy way to couple this to a wireless keyboard. There is a bunch of other features – Pandora, Skype, NetFlix etc. that comes pre-packaged with VieraCast but I haven’t really used all of them. I already have a computer connected to the big screen so, this device is only for BD playback.  Overall it is a great BD player with a variety of extra features and at an affordable price. If you really don’t need all the bells and whistles offered in this, I’d choose a lower end BD player just for the playback feature.

Best HD Blu ray around

from Salisbury, NC

Comments about Panasonic Blu-Ray Player:

This blu-ray player is simply spectacular. I had no problems "setting it up". I have it connected to a Sharp Aquos 52" HDTV that I purchased . It has a lot of features. Some of which I have not had an opportunity to use yet such as the Internet feature that gives you additional content.I would highly recommend this set to a friend or anyone for that matter. One of the nicest features is the "upconverting" that it performs with ordinary DVDs that you already own. Most people that I talk to do not realize that a blu-ray player is backward compatible with your old DVDs.Some blu-ray players take quite a while to start up but this one is quite fast."