Other Flat Screen TVs:
TCP50G25
Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV

Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV

It will blow you away

The Panasonic VIERA TC-P50G25 delivers amazing picture quality. With a contrast ratio of 5,000,000 to 1, even the darkest colors are shown in crisp detail. Compare that to the 200,000:1 or 20,000:1 ratio found in most other Plasma, LCD, and LED televisions.

Are you worried about missing the action during a big game? Not with this television! The frame rate supported is 600Hz. So, even when the action is fast-paced and happens in a matter of seconds, you will be able to see everything. The typical frame rate is 60hz, with most LCDs/LEDs supporting up to 240Hz.

The speakers work well enough that, if you are not able to afford a home theater system, the clarity and sound produced from the television will be satisfying for most users. The Panasonic VIERA TC-P50G25 is also THX certified. This means that the sound delivered will be what was meant to be heard, as you would in a theater.

It includes VIERA Cast, which allows instant streaming of such programs as YouTube. The networking capability also enables the use of webcams for Skype, so that you may see everything during conference or family calls

There are three HDMI inputs. For gamers or home theater enthusiasts, this gives ample inputs for  Blu-ray players, XBox 360, Playstation 3, or other systems, so that they may be delivered in full 1080p high-definition. However, the HDMI cable I have on the side input sometimes because loose. I may be near it and touch the cord and the screen will go blank. Re-adjusting it fixes the problem, but it seems extreme how so little force is applied and it has to be fixed.

For those energy-saving enthusiasts, this set is Enery Star 2.0 certified. It does not let off much heat, either.

The reflections on the screen are at a bare minimal. If it does become worrisome, the set can swivel.

Performance for games:

I have played both the XBox 360 and Playstation 3 on the television. All I can say is, "wow." After having playing the XBox 360 on other televisions, I couldn't believe how clear it was when I set it up. The green, so associated with the brand, was amazingly bright and detailed. I would compare it to someone cleaning a dusty lightbulb. Before, you could see. After, you could see SO much better.  Similarly, the Playstation 3 offered the same amazing graphics.

During gameplay, it is much easier to spot enemies, such as in a first-person shooter. It seems like you almost have an advantage over other players and that there is a wider area of view. As mentioned before, the 600hz sub-field motion allows for even the fastest scenes to be viewed without a problem.

Performance for movies:

Specifically for Blu-ray, the television does not disappoint. Imagine being able to watch something how the directors wanted you to see it. Imagine being able to watch a movie that looks better at your home than at the movie theater. Both of these situations can be accomplished with the Panasonic VIERA TC-P50G25. For example, watching Avatar the way James Cameron wanted you to see it, in its full color, right in your living room, is enough to blow you away.

For DVDs, it, once again, delivers amazing quality. Although regular DVDs do not provide full, 1080p high definition, it will still provide great perfomance.

General television watching will never be the same, either. You won't miss a thing.

Another neat feature that is included is the VIERA Image Viewer. This means you can just put an SD card into the television and look at your pictures from there. You can even watch a slideshow. This is good for if you ever have friends or family come over. From what I have tested, it does not support videos, at this time, though.

Do not lose the remote, though! The remote is the only way you can get to VIERA Cast. The buttons on the side of the television can change the input mode, get you to the menu, and change the volume and channel. But, VIERA Cast is not one of the options, from either the input or menu selection.

A problem that most people worry about with Plasma televisions is the dreaded burn in. I have used the television many hours and nothing of the sort has happened. This has, apparently, been one of the problems that has been worked on, to try to reduce the chances of this happening. However, since it is a Plasma, it still could happen. I know of another buyer who used this same set to play computer games on (using it as a monitor). He plays World of Warcraft for hours on end, with many of the images on the screen remaining, unmoved, on certain parts of the television. Eventually, he has had some burn in problems, but nothing major. The Auto Dim feature is automatically enabled to help prevent this. After a certain amount of inactivity, the screen will dim to lessen the brightness and possible burn in that could occur. It is always best, though, to turn off the television if you are going to be doing something else for some time (even eating!). It wil come down to saving you money and headache.

All in all, the Panasonic VIERA TC-P50G25 is definitely a television I would recommend to someone. It may night be as thin as an LED, but it sure delivers a punch behind it.

Do not expect Panasonic to recall when they should

We have only had our Panasonic for 2 years and already the power supply has gone out. After looking online we found that many other consumers have had the same problem with theirs and Panasonic has not responded to this with a recall of the defective power supplies. A television should not last two years. I will never buy another Panasonic.

Beautiful picture, great TV!

Comments about Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV:

This Panasonic plasma TV was one of our first major purchases and my husband spent a long time researching plasma vs LED and different brands before we decided on this one. We are definitely not disappointed! The colors are very sharp and the picture is beautiful. The TV itself is very sleek and simple. The set up was very simple and easy to do. It also is able to connect to the internet so you can stream Pandora or Netflix right from the TV, which is awesome! We have gotten many compliments and have recommended to many of our friends.

Picture Quality
Very sharp colors and high definition

Sound Quality
The sound coming out of the TV is good not great. We have ours connected to home surround sound.

We have moved a couple times with the TV and it still looks brand new!

Sleek design, fits any decor

Never had any performance issues

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Do not expect Panasonic to recall when they should

from Beaverton, OR

Viewing a Panasonic TCP50 is like being there

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV:

Had a HDTV before this but now after I bought this flat screen I just cannot believe how good the picture is. Movies or sports this picture makes me feel as is I was there, and my cable controller was easy to pickup the code so I do not need another controller. Have not used the Viera tools yet to see pictures I have on camera memmory cards.But all the other options that come with the tv work like a charm, and it was very easy to set up.

Blows LCD away

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV:

G25 Pannasonic is incredible. Clear, clean image. The colors are fantastic, as opposed to an LCD. You never know the difference if you saw a plasma. Unfortunately, plasmas are known for a year and people turn away from them. This model (and others, including Samsung) have integrated into the devices to eliminate the image retention. Follow the jump to the first 100 hours and have nothing to fear. Noise levels arent bad, probably a Surround Sound system that will no matters anyway, this picture better because there all the events in the shop are usually pretty crappy and plasmas will break the page. If a configuration of good stores and on the game's incredible how many are sold, but most people are helpless large LCD or LED lights. This TV is bright and colors are unique. Hockey games and sports, fast on the LCD are crap, but in the plasma when the hockey players finished, you can see every piece of glass flying through the air. Plasmas are less money and a better picture of the LCD screen, why buy an LCD? I looked at the Samsung, but have a representative realllly bad for sums. Get it, choose your settings and you have won.

Panasonic - TCP50G25 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV

from Katy, TX

Comments about Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV:

We have had this television for several years now and are very pleased with it. We read Consumer Report prior to purchase and glad we chose Panasonic. Easy to operate, set up was quirky, the picture is beautiful with a crisp view, clear sound and superb graphics. It is Energy Star compliant and we can put or Simm card in to view vacation pictures taken from our digital camera. Could not be more pleased with a HDTV.

Huge tv

from La Jolla, CA

Comments about Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV:

This is a rather large TV. Well let me just say that 50 inches look a lot smaller than it does in person! This Panasonic TV is enormous. Now fortunately my living room is a bit large and it fits the Panasonic just fine, but there is no way I would put this in my bedroom as it is simply too large for the room. Bigger is not always better; if it is too large for the room, your eyes will be doing a lot of scanning across the panel. But like I said, the 50 in screen is perfect for my living room so no problems. This is a plasma tv which means that the colors are very vibrant. Plasmas are a bit hard to find these days and I'm glad that panasonic is still supporting their plasma department. I am really happy with this panasonic unit and I have no regrets.

Great TV

from Dothan, AL

Comments about Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV:

This was a puchase that i have made that i do not regret. It is a wonderful tv and has so many awsome features that i can only start to tell you about. First off it has hook ups for 3 avi cables so you can keep all of your dvd, video game consoles, and surround sound hooked up without having to connect and unconnect cables. It also has a slot for a memory card to veiw photos or listen to music.. whichever you have on your micro sd card. It has crystal clear pictures and has a great sound system. The television does not reflect like alot of televisions and it makes even dvd's look so much better. The remote control is so easy to use and has bigger buttons so even those with not so great vision would be able to manage this controller. If i had to reccomend a television to anyone it would definately be this one. It fits great into almost any room and will make your movie watching and tv show watching experience so much more enjoyable than on a regular television. You will not regret this purchase.

After buying the TCP50G25, I will never have to buy another TV.

from Maiden Rock, WI

Comments about Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV:

I received this TV about a week ago and I seriously cannot get over it. I was using a 42" before and upgrading to the 50" seemed like double the size! Not only that but the picture quality is untouchable. Thankfully I am getting this just in time for the release of the highly-anticipated FPS Killzone 3. I was able to test out the 3D aspect with the demo of Killzone 3 and I have never in my life been more impressed with a television set. The images truly pop out at you and it honestly looks like you could reach out at them. The picture is absolutely flawless (not to mention phenomenal) but that is not the only thing this TV packs. It also comes with Viera Cast and Viera Image Viewer, Viera Cast being the more exciting of the two. With Viera Cast you can connect your TV to the internet and do never-before-seen things with your TV - you can Skype, watch YouTube, stream from Netflix, even listen to Pandora radio, all on your TV. This is truly the best television for the price I have seen yet. I will not have to buy another TV for a LONG time.

50inches of high def tv glory!

from Nicholasville, KY

Comments about Panasonic - 50 in. HDTV-Ready Plasma TV:

If you are looking for a quality tv for your money, look no further! My huband and I bought this Panasonic 50in Plasma HDTV about six months ago and have been enjoying the picture quality and viewing area so much more than our Panasonic 32in we had before! This flat screen TV fits great in our large living area and we love that the viewing angle is so good, you can sit almost anywhere in the room and still see a good picture on the screen. We were not sure about getting a plasma over other choices but we are not disappointed at all. I think Panasonic is a quality name in electronics and this TV is a quality product for sure! One of my favorite features is that you can set it to turn off after so long of being idle and I also like that it has a no ghost anti-image-burn feature. The speakers on the TV are good, not theater quality, but you could hook up your own surround sound (like my husband wants to do) and my very favorite feature is it even has a memory card slot for an SD card!

Bull's eye

from sunnyvale, CA

Hi,

What  a HDTV. One of the best in the market. There may be better TV than Panasonic G25 50 Plasma TV but should be very costly and cannot be compared to Panasonic G25 50 Plasma TV. The onlyc concern is voice but that is fine. If you have speakers it is good to go and if you dont have then also it is fine. The thing is when you compare voice to all other things in Panasonic G25 50 Plasma TV, it is just let down but if you compare the voice with other HDTV, than it is not a concern. Panasoniv Vierra connect is also quick. I have connected the ethernet port so very conveinient. Can go to Netflix easily. Dont use twitter or pandora but i guess they will added other apps soon which will make it more convenient. In short, Panasonic G25 50 Plasma TV is one of the best HDTV in the market right now.

Go grab it.