Other Flat Screen TVs:
TH-42PX75U
Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV

Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV

Panasonic came through big time

I was not sure about spending the money on a flat screen tv. Wow, am I glad I did and I am glad I chose Panasonic. I actually read more reviews after buying my tv than before I bought it. A little strange I know but it made me feel even better about my purchase. The picture quality on this tv is amazing. The blacks are very deep and dark. The colors are even better. You really get the full color when watching animated movies or sports. Don't listen to what people say about it only being 720P. With a screen size less than 45", 720 is all you need. The difference is so small that most people can't even notice. Also the nice thing about the plasma for sports is that you don't have to worry about the higher refresh rates for watching sports like you do on an LCD. The glass front is also nice since I have young kids and an lcd screen would really have me worried. The sound is about what you would expect from a tv. Most people who are truly into audio will have there own surround sound unit. I never regret for one second buying this tv and it certainly seems like it has the quality to last for years to come.

works great while it lasts!

These TV's are great once you have them I mean they don't take away much space but, didn't like it and would not reccomend it I bought one and it only latsted me like 6 months or so that was it. I guess it just stopped working (thats what they told me!)

Beautiful Television

Comments about Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

I would highly recommend this television. This is my first Panasonic tv and it has impressed me. I purchased the tv about 5 years ago, and the picture is still great.

Picture Quality
I have purchased a few flat screen tvs, and this one has the best picture by far.

Sound Quality
As with most tvs, the sound could be better. I would recommend purchasing a separate sounds system. But, for normal programming the sound is fine, just do not expect great sound.

It is still like new after five years. I have had no issues with this tv in terms of durability and functionality.

Thin, sleek, and very attractive.

Great performance. Looks fantastic no matter what type of program you are watching.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Excellent for the money and quality your getting!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

I bought my first HDTV this past Black Friday and I love it! I also bought the DVD Home Theater Sound System (SA-PT950) no HDTV is complete without a 5.1 surround sound. I get my HD cable from Comcast and for the most part the HD channels come in clear but some could be better. Not sure if I’ll be going to Blu-Ray or HD-DVD anytime soon since the Sound System has up conversion built in and is pretty good with the HDMI Cable. I also love the fact that anywhere you sit you could still see great color and overall picture quality.

One of the best TV's I have owned

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

I have had this TV for about 3 months and I enjoy it everytime I turn it own.  Quality of the LG TV's is wonderful.  This is my second LG.  I also own a 32" liquid Crystal LCD-TV.  I also owned 2 other lesser brands and the LG far exceeds the others.  Great picture, wonderful quality of sound.  I also have a Sony surround sound attached along with various video consoles.  I can't say enough about how I love this TV.  If purchasing be assure you will not be disappointed.

I've been nothing but pleased with this purchase.

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

As a sports fan (football, golf) I had heard that HD plasma would really change the viewing experience and it truly has. I've had my new tv for about 2 months and have been thrilled with it's performance. The picture and sound quality are great. If it had one negative it would be tv shows and movies that have scenes taking place in dark rooms or outdoors at night. It becomes had to distinguish detail during those scenes but I knew this would be a concern based on the research I did before making my purchase. For sports and nature programs it is amazing.

Great TV for the Money

from New York, NY

Comments about Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

I love my Panasonic plasma televison. I have owned this tv for approximately 3 years now. It produces beautiful pictures and sound. In my opinion, plasma televisions produce much better picture that lcd tvs. Panasonic produces great plasma televisions. One big plus about this television is that it has a sd card reader in the front. That means you could insert your sd card from your digital camera into the slot and it will play a picture slide show for you. It has lots of connectors in the back. There are 3 rca inputs with s-video input, 2 components inputs, and two hdmi inputs.  I wish they put some inputs to the side or in the front of the tv. That way, I could connect my digital camcorder to the tv easily without always reaching to the back of the TV. The remote has big buttons, which is good for some elders who are far-sighted. I don't watch a lot of HD content, other than a couple of hd channels and some movie dvds. I sometimes watch video tapes through my vcr. And the SD content showing on this tv is amazing as well. Overall, this is a great unit for people who watch HD and SD materials.

Panasonic came through big time

from Grimes, IA

Comments about Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

TV is so much better now!

from Danville, IL

Comments about Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

My boyfriend bought this tv three years ago and when we first hooked it up, we were also literally hooked! The tv has amazing graphics!!! And going from a regular tv to this is like a night and day difference!! We instantly started watching more tv (probably not the best thing, but oh well!)!! Movies/Shows like 'Finding Nemo' or 'Ponyo' are just absolutely amazing looking on this tv!! And of course now we want to get a bigger tv (50"?) but we are going to hold off on that for just a little bit longer. But this size has definitely served us well. It first started out in our bedroom since we shared and an apartment with four other people, but now since we've had our own place for a couple years it's in the living room. I would highly suggest getting this tv! We've had no issues with it  except sometimes you'll need to white wash it - it's on the menu for the tv but that is very easy to do. Definitely get this tv!

works great while it lasts!

from Escondido, CA

WOW!!!!!

from Northville, MI

Comments about Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

Purchased this television after seeing it on dispaly in the store. After comparing all of them, I'd have to say that this had the best picture by far. After getting  it home, and hooking it up to an HD source, it even beat what I saw in the store. Way to go Panasonic. You have me as a life long customer.

Compared to the rest its the best

from Othello, WA

Comments about Panasonic 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

I looked at many HD plasma screens before selecting this one. Panasonic has the best pictures of any I have seen. The only thing I wish was that I had gotten a black fram to better offset the contrast of the picture.

I love HDTV and wanted the best. Now I have it.