3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Absorbency:

Pampers FINALLY caught the wave!

My family lives at the beach.  Growing up in the city there was nothing that I dreamed of more than to live at the ocean. My children are getting the experience of spending lazy days playing in the sand and surf - instead of on concrete.  We go to the beach pretty much every day, sometimes I wonder why we bother maintaining our backyard pool. But for times when the beaches are too crowded (weekends or holidays) the pool gets good use. But, I digress.

With my older child I always used Huggies Little Swimmers because it was the only disposable swimpant available. We use pampers diapers so I was ecstatic to see that Pampers has finally come out with swimming diapers. Anyone who has sent a child into the water with a regular disposable diaper knows that they swell up like a giant balloon, weigh a child down, and explode - so swimpants are a must for a child who is not toilet trained.

Pampers splashers are sized just the way that they size diapers in # (3-4, 5 & 6) sizes. I always had a hard time with Huggies S-M-L and not knowing which size my child was in. So, it is nice to just pick a size 5 and be done with it, instead of worrying if the M is going to be too small or the L too big. They are available with Dora patterns (for girls), Spider-man (for boys), or Sesame Street/Elmo (unisex).  This is convenient because if you have more than one child, different genders in swimpants you can opt for the neutral Sesame ones instead of scarring your son by putting him into Little Mermaid swimpants (I did this with Huggies!).

I like the more diaper/cloth like feel to Splashers over the more papery feel that the Little Swimmers from Huggies have also. Like, I said - I'm so glad Pampers finally "caught the wave". The Splashers fit snug so this may be a problem for larger children, they also have a lower rise to them. For my children (they are petit) it works out well, others may have a different experience.( My friend who has children who are very slim prefers Huggies fit.). Since we play at the beach in the sand I think the Splashers do a better job keeping the sand out also.

Wearing the Splashers any solid waste will be contained in the diaper but liquid waste flows through into your pool, the lake, ocean, etc,  A loose bowel movement may or may be totally contained, so be forewarned. I have only had one leak one time when I saw something suspicious dribbling down my child's leg. If you are driving someplace and then swimming you will want to put the Splashers on right before entering the water. Otherwise, if your child goes you will have a wet carseat or what have you. I put these on once  before walking to the beach and my daughter tinkled down her leg - she was very upset about 'the accident' and I am sure she thought that the swim diaper would contain urine the way a Pull-Up/training pant does.

FYI - Splashers are one time use. To change them you have to rip the sides open and they are not able to be re-fastened. Simply Use and dispose. Not a 'green' product for us, but one that I consider a must-have for going to the beach or pool.

A diaper works better

Picture it.  You are in Jamaica with your two year old and two month old.  Your getting your kids ready to head to the beach.  You lather on the suncreen, put on the swim diapers and pull on the swimsuits.  You are standing, ready to go when all of a sudden your two year slips and falls.  There is some liquid all over the floor!  What is it?  Where did it come from?   Then you discover that your toddler has peed and it ALL came out of the diaper.  Nothing was absorbed.

Not only do these diapers not absorb the water from the pool/ocean, but they don't absorb the liquid waste either.  There is no place to go but out creating horrible messes.  We had to clean up the hotel room and my two year old--including a new diaper and swimsuit.

Good for a swim diaper

from Hartland mi

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Breathable
  • Lightweight
  • Strong Seams

Cons

• Poor Fit

• Swimming

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

Good for a swim diaper. Doesn't really hold much in but is very sturdy and fit well.

Not too impressed

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

I purchased these because they were on sale and with them being on sale they were cheaper than other swim diapers that were on the market. I bought them hoping that they would hold up to the competition and was a little let down.

Pampers Splashers material seemed a little cheap which made the diaper feel like it would be uncomfortable to wear. I also noticed they didn't hold up as well in the water as other swim diapers we have used. They were more like regular diapers than swim diapers.

In a pinch I would use them again, if the little one wasn't going to be in the water for very long. But they aren't going to be my go to swim diaper.

They were easy enough to put on and take off, no issues with putting them on the little one or taking them off.

Leak Prevention
Its hard to judge the leak prevention because they were worn in the water, but they did become quite saggy while being worn which is something that a swim diaper shouldn't do in my opinion.

Comfort
The material that these are made of did not feel like it would be comfortable.

• Absorbency:

Only good for holding in the poo

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

As a new mom I guess I expected these to work like a diaper but better by holding in all the stuff and not letting any water from the pool get in. I was so wrong. These fill up with water. Also, not knowing any better when my son got out of the pool I let him run around for a minute inside the house before changing him. Big mistake. He peed and it went everywhere. There is no absorption. There really should be a full disclaimer on these for naive moms like me. I found out later that they are only meant to hold in poop if your infant or toddler goes potty in the pool. Pulling these up on a one year old is very cumbersome. Also, we found that they are hard to breakaway and pull off when your child is finished swimming. One positive thing is that they don't bulk up under their swim trunks. I can't see how they could anyway, there is not much in them like a regular diaper that swells when wet.

Great for the Beach or the Pool

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

My whole family loves the beach and it was important to my husband and I that our daughter be introduced to it early and often. She loves it too!! The Pampers Splashers allow her to run into and out of the water without her diaper quadrupling in size. They do not contain liquids (it says so right on the box) because in order to absorb pee they would also (like regular diapers) absorb the water. If you have ever sen what happens to a diaper when it is submerged in liquid you know what I mean. We have had a few tests of the Splashers ability to contain solids and have had no issues. I'm sure that if a solid mess was left in there, especially if the baby was in the water, it would probably get pretty gross and eventually seep out. But who doesn't change their baby's diaper after a poop anyway? We often spend the day at the beach and though put a regular diaper on my daughter for lunch and nap time the rest of the day she is in a Splasher and we have never had any issues with rashes or irritation, and she has very sensitive skin.

Not 100% happy

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

When going to the beach or pool it is essential that you use the Pampers Swimmers. They really are the only decent product on the market in this area. You slip them on like regular diapers and if your child poops you are able to make less of a mess by using the velcro strips on the side. I do not feel that the swimmers meet all the requirements that they should. I understand they are not a diaper, however I feel that they really don't absorb pee at all. Quite often the pee will leak out of the swimmer and onto whatever surface your child or baby is on. This can be a little dangerous as well because the child could slip and fall. At this point then it becomes a safety issue. It also gets very heavy rather quickly and fills up with water. I really enjoy Pamper's diapers, they are the best quality I feel on the market so I was a little sad and disappointed that the swimmers didn't work as well as I would have hoped.

Mixed Reviews

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

Pampers Splashers are an essential baby product whenever going into pool or ocean with a baby. The positives of the Splashers is that when a child poops in their splasher the poop is contained and does not get all over the suit and in the water. Now that is only the case if it is a solid poop. This past summer my baby was only 3 months old, and did not have solid poops. Her going in the splasher contained it one area but it would still get on her suit and legs. A negative feature is taking splasher on and off. First of all its not like a diaper so in order to change you have to remove the entire swim suit. Which is extremely difficult with infants if suit is already wet, it is so hard to get suit back on. You also have to be quick once you put this on your child. When it comes to pee it is as if they have no diaper on. It does not absorb the pee. That is the point of it not to absorb so it doesn't blow up in the water like a typical diaper would. But there has been times that while I'm getting on the kids ready for the beach, one of them pees in the splashers aka pees all over the floor.

Most public pools and facilities require that you use this product when swimming. I understand it is not intended to be a diaper, but unless you are dealing with poop it is pretty useless.

• Absorbency:

Great diaper for water fun

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

We used these Pampers Splashers Diapers for all three of our children. We used them for water fun in the backyard, going to the pool, going to the beach and fun at the water amusement park. We have two daughters and a son and they worked the same on our daughters and they did our son. These diapers were very absorbent and allowed us to have hours of water fun with no leaks or messes. Even when they get wet or full they don't get to bulky or sag to much. I would highly recommend these diapers to any family who has children still in diapers and wants to have some fun in the water. You can use these diapers and not worry about any leaks or diapers that sag. My only complaint would be that they don't come in large enough packages. Our youngest two are twins and when we would buy a box of these diapers they wouldn't last very long since we were using two at a time. Over the course of the summer we would have to buy several boxes.

Can't Go a Summer Without our Pampers Splashers

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

If you have babies you can't go wrong with Pampers Splashers Diapers. It's like a water proof diaper. It's a perfect asset to our summer family fun. I used these with my daughter and they were used for all of the other babies in our family. I first purchased the Pampers Splasher diapers on fourth of July one year for my daughter. We were attending a pool party with family and I didn't want the whole yucky diaper thing going on once I put my daughter in the pool. i loved these. The other Mom's that were at the gathering even used them. It was great. Diapers are so messy once they are wet. Of course they are supposed to be but in the pool it's kind of nasty. Our babies won't go swimming with out these great diapers.

These are so easy to put on. They pull up instead of the little sticky parts. I like the pull up effect. It makes it so much easier just to slip it on baby.

Leak Prevention
I've never had a problem with these splashers leaking. Even after I took my daughter out of the pool they dry just like regular swim trunks so baby can run around in them.

• Absorbency:

I want to like them but I don't

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

Pampers Splashers aren't very good. I wanted to like them, I really did. The worst thing about it is I've bought a ton of these in my day, and spent huge amounts of money on them even though I don't really like them very much. Let's cut to the chase, they leak. They deteriorate fast, they don't really even work, and they're so tight around the thigh that they cause irritation. They also run really small, so you end up needing a larger size than the diaper you would normally buy. Worst of all is the price, They are REALLY expensive and the package is really small. You barely get anything for your money. That said they make going to the beach or public pool with baby so much easier.

Not so good! They're tight fitting, hard to pull up, and are very inflexible.

Leak Prevention
They totally leak, and then sides start to rip open along the perforation before you're ready to take them off 9 times out of 10.

Comfort
Terrible. They fit super tight around the thigh as I said above, and the fabric they're made of is really inflexible with no give to it.

Absorbency
They're NOT absorbent, but that's kind of the point.

Pampers Splashers - Great for Pool or Beach

Comments about Pampers Splashers Diapers:

I am old enough to remember the days before swim diapers, when the poor children's diapers would balloon from absorbing so much water that they would then be too enormous for them to walk or crawl normally. Not to mention that they were prone to make a huge mess. It was really yucky!

Back to 2013: Pampers Splashers are a really nice thing to have in your pool and beach bag. We have used them at both, and it does make life easier for you and your tots. Nobody wants to ruin a pool day (and your reputation) by your kiddo making a mess. These diapers hold in what they need to if the baby goes, but without absorbing a ton of water.

Since these diapers go on like pullups, they are really easy to put on. This is convenient when you are poolside and have enough going on. They are soft and seem to be comfy.

The downside is that these swim diapers are a bit expensive, but there are always coupons and sales for them when summer rolls around.