Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
Pampered Chef Can Strainer

Pampered Chef Can Strainer

Pros

Cons

Don't know how I lived without it!

This is another fantastic product from pampered chef! I don't know how many times I have wasted green beans from trying to drain them.This is a simple cheap tool you just pop on top of your can and strain.It has little handles on the side and I have yet found a can it wouldn't fit on.I don't like to leave the lid on the can to drain b/c it is so hard to get it back out and I have cut myself on the lid before but with this you only touch the lid to take it off the can opener and put it in the trash.All I can say is that I love it!

Quality product, but unnecessary.

The Pampered Chef Can Strainer is another quality made product from the brand we all know and trust. It is made of sturdy plastic, strains very well, and is dishwasher safe. This product is also very affordable (much cheaper than the average Pampered Chef gadget). My issue with this product has NOTHING to do with its construction, materials, style, or functionality. It does exactly what it is designed to do and it does it well. The problem is that this product is not exactly useful. It tends to take up room in my drawer and just there. Why? Because I can just as easily drained the water from my can of carrots using the lid thatcame on it, rather than pulling out my can strainer. To me, it just seems like an unnecessary step and just one more thing to wash. I guess I am just a no-nonsense hassle free type of person. This product seems like a waste of time and money for me, but I cannot say that it is a poorly made product. It is just sort of unnecessary when you could just use the can top to strain liquid from a can.

Good strainer

from Utah

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

This strainer is designed to work with the Pampered Chef can opener that completely removes the lid of the can. The can opener is junk, but this strainer can work with other can openers as long as the lid is still completely removed. Once the lid is removed, simply place this strainer over the top of the can and flip it over into the sink. The juice of the can will run out through the holes while the contents of the can stay inside. Leave the strainer on the can until you have flipped the can upright, and you have a can of food without the extra juice. We often use this strainer to remove the juice from canned mushrooms, canned vegetables, and canned fruits.

Depending on the type of food being strained, it could be possible to get small bits clogging the holes of the strainer, and they are difficult to remove. But we have used this strainer for several different types of food, and this has rarely been a problem.

There isn't really an easy way to break this strainer, but it has lasted quite well for about five years without any problems.

Good concept, but I always forget to use it

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

I received this as a gift when I hosted a Pampered Chef party. I thought it was a great concept and something I would get a lot of use out of. I always forget to get this out of the cabinet when I am opening vegetables. Its one of the those products that is a good idea, but never used. I tried leaving it out in the pantry by my canned vegetables and I found that it became more of a hassle to use this product. It is easier to open the can and keep the lid on and drain the vegetables. I am a working mom and looking for products that makes my cooking life easier and quicker. I found that this item is not practical for me as a busy, working mom.

Easy to clean and can even be put in the dishwasher.

This product is made of sturdy plastic and is very durable. I can see this product lasting for many years. Pampered Chef does have a lifetime warranty on their products if it does not hold up.

Great design and concept, just not very useful for our family.

The can strainer of the handiest gadgets in my kitchen.

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

The Pampered Chef can strainer is such a simple product and yet it is so handy. When I cook canned vegetables in the microwave I always drain off the liquid. The can strainer is perfect for this. It does not fit the larger size cans but is great for your standard size vegetable can. I have given several of these as gifts.

The strainer cleans very easily in the dishwasher. Since it is made of plastic and is lightweight I put it in the top rack. Residue does not seem to get clogged in the holes.

The strainer is very durable. I have had mine for several years.

The design is very simple but very effective. The wholes in the strainer are small enough that the contents of the can stay in the can while the liquid is being drained. It is easy to use and fits most standard size cans. The handles on either side make the strainer easy to hold when draining the liquid from the can. It is small enough to store easily in a drawer.

Great addition to any kitchen

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

I have attended a number of Pampered Chef parties and am always impressed when I see the Pampered Chef Can Strainer in action. I make many dishes from scratch and one of the ingredients I use the most often when cooking is canned beans. I find that canned beans are very hard to drain. Before I added this kitchen gadget to my kitchen, I would try to rinse and drain the beans right in the can. This often led to the beans spilling out the can. I often found that it was very difficult to completely rinse the beans as well and quite a bit of liquid remained in the can. I love the Pampered Chef Can Strainer. I use it initially to get as much liquid out of the can as possible. I then fill the can with water and drain the beans again. I repeat this process several more times. I find that the beans rinse well and I do not lose beans out of the can as I am rinsing and draining them. Overall, I am very impressed with this product!

This is a great addition to any kitchen!

Perfect Addition to the Kitchen

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

I have to admit that when I first saw this can strainer at a Pampered Chef party I thought it was the stupidest thing ever. Oh, how I was wrong!

This is the perfect strainer for times when you just need to get the water off of something in a can. Like when you're straining olives. I always hate to dirty a strainer just for that and used to do the job with a slotted spoon which inevitably resulted in some of the olives jumping over the spoon and landing in the sink and being wasted.

I just love this little strainer and use it almost every day for everything from olives to corn, peas, carrots, pineapple, mandarin oranges, etc. It's actually really great for canned chunk pineapple or other fruits that I want to separate from the juice they're in but still save the juice because I can strain the juice right into a Ziploc storage jar and there's only one tiny little thing to wash.

This would be best put in the dishwasher as cleaning all those holes is a bit of a chore when hand washing - I use a bottle brush myself.

Overall, I highly recommend this. It's not for straining things that you want to get all the water out of, like spinach, but it's great for all those larger canned items.

very smart and usable gadget

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

great way to strain your veggy's without the mess. small and strong with a lot of uses and potential at a good price.

just spray it off and dry it. very easy, a little soap and water and your done.

built strong and sturdy that a two year old would find impossible to destroy

the person who made this was a genius. very good design and easy to store.

Very convenient

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

The Pampered Chef Can Strainer is one of the most convenient ways to strain cans of anything. You can entirely remove the lid, and then use this strainer to get out the water. You can also use this for cans of tuna by placing the strainer upside down and putting it in the tuna can. I am always able to get the water out of the tuna can when I use this strainer, as opposed to just pushing down the lid to drain out the water which is normally not as easy. It's also safer to use the strainer because there are many times when I am afraid I will cut myself on the lid when I try to use it to drain out water from cans.

The strainer is very durable and easy to clean. I normally put this in the top drawer of the dishwasher, and I have never had any problems with it melting. The dishwasher also cleans off all of the food left on the strainer.

This is very easy to clean by just placing it in the dishwasher.

These do not bend or crack when you use them.

The design is perfect because it's the perfect size to fit over a can or for fitting within a smaller can like tuna or chicken products.

My Can Opener' Best Friend

from Snohomish, WA

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

This product has saved lots of prep time for me by draining liquid out of cans, and quickly pressing liquid out of tuna cans. My can opener is an edge cutter, so the lid comes off and can't be pressed into the can for draining. This can strainer is indispensable if you have a can opener like mine.

I generally just throw it in the dishwasher, but since it's usually just bean water it cleans easily with soapy water.

There is nothing I foresee breaking on this strainer. It is made of thick, hard plastic and feels very sturdy. I've been using it for 7 years or so, and I'm fairly certain it will be passed down to my kids.

The design is simple and it fits over the regular 15 ounce cans, and inside a regular 5 ounce tuna can. My only complaint is it would be really cool if it could stand of its own in the sink to drain. As it is, I invert the can of veggies an set it on the median between the two sides of my sink. This is okay, but the strainer is slightly concave so it perches a little precariously.

good idea, but not necessary

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

I received the pampered chef easy can strainer as a free item with all my other pampered chef purchases. This item makes draining cans convienent, as I do not have to get a large collendar for the contents of a small can. However, it not neccesary to purchase this item when a collendar or other items can be used.
Since I received this item for free, as opposed to paying the 9.00 for it, I do enjoy having it and using it. I find it worth while and I enjoy having a smaller strainer avaialble. I also use it to help strain the excess water from frozen vegetables or fruits after they have been cooked or defrosted. this strainer does not take up a lot of space and it is very easy to wash. It is dishwasher safe on the top rack, but most of the time I just wash it by hand. I am not sure that I would recommend paying for one, but if you have the opportunity to choose this as a free item, I would recommend it. otherwise, whatever you currently use to drain cans, works just as well. :)

I use this all the time

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Can Strainer:

I really and truly use this little strainer all the time. What do you normally do when you need to strain a can of corn or a can of tomatoes before adding it to a recipe? Well, you either open the can part of the way and try to hold the lid in such a way that the juice comes out but the vegetables do not, which never works. Or, you pull out a colander which is too big anyway and takes up a lot of space in the dishwasher. I keep this little strainer in a drawer next to my sink and pull it out all the time. My FAVORITE use for it is for draining tuna. If you invert the strainer in the opposite direction from what is shown in the photo, it will fit down into a can of tuna to press out the moisture. I love it!

Very easy to clean. Give it a quick rinse or toss it in the dishwasher.

It is very sturdy and does not bend at all.

It is the perfect size for standard or tuna cans. The little handles on the side give a nice grip as well.