3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

So many uses for one pan

I was a stoneware lover long before I bought the Stoneware Muffin Pan. When I first purchased it, I wondered if I would really use it that much. I use it at least once a week to make muffins, cupcakes, individual meatloaves, fritatas, etc. You can even oil baking potatoes and prop them in the cups for baking.

My muffins always bake evenly from front to back and top to bottom. The bottoms never burn.

I wondered about this part. It looked like it would be a pain to clean, especially without the use of a dishwasher. However, I followed the instructions for seasoning and have found that, now that it has a good season, the muffins pop right out, even if I use something gooey like fresh blueberries. I do still use a spritz of cooking spray when I make muffins without liners, but they pop out beautifully every time. I've found that all I need is some hot water and and a quick brush with a nylon scrub brush to get rid of any residue.

The pan is very sturdy and very heavy. As long as you do not drop it, it will serve you well for many years.

Perfect. It has room for making nice, large muffins or cupcakes. I use the Pampered Chef Large scoop for filling the cups.

Doesn't Stick
Follow the instructions for seasoning.

The Pampered Chef Muffin Pan is not worth it.

When I recieved the Pampered Chef Muffin pan I was so excited because I have always LOVED the Pampered chef stoneware. HOWEVER, after following the directions for first use I put my batch in the oven and when it came out all the muffins were stuck in the pan. I thought it was because it was used once. SOoo, the next time I used the pan, they were all stuck and it was a pain in the neck to clean out! So, I added more oil like they suggest and decided to give it another try. NOPE, no luck, the muffins were stuck and I was left with scraping and scraping and scraping the pan. I won't use it again.

I LOVE my muffin pan!!! I bakes way better than metal pans!

from Wisconsin

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Bakes Evenly
  • Heavy Duty
  • Non-Stick

Cons

• Bread
    • Desserts

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I love my muffin pan from the moment I started using it, my banana muffins are higher in this pan and cook very evenly. Once seasoned it doesn't take much to clean up a little hot water and a bottle brush. I am going to purchase another one!

It works pretty well but I would not buy again.

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

The Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-cup muffin pan does work well. However, it does not work any better than my metal muffin pan. I do not see a big difference in the performance of this pan compared to any other muffin pan I have used. It is easier to clean up which is a bonus but for the price it simply is not worth it. I thought there would be some huge difference in performance but there simply is not.

It cooks muffins well, but I cannot see a huge difference from other similar products. Usually Pampered Chef products excel above others but in this instance it merely works as well as everything else on the market.

This pan is fairly easy to clean because there is no burn marks in the pan you have to scrub out.

It has lasted my family some time. I have no complaints on the durability. It cooks as well now as when I first bought it.

It is the same exact design as every other muffin pan.

Doesn't Stick
    I love the non stick feature of this product.

great for cupcakes & muffins

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

The Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan is the only pan I use when I make muffins or cupcakes. I always use a liner in the pan, but I think you would be able to make the muffins and cupcakes without a liner. You don't wash the pan between bakings, so I think using liners makes cleaning the pan a lot easier. You are supposed to only use water on the stoneware when you wash it, but I have used soap on these in the past without any negative effects.

Like other stoneware, the only negative I can find with this is that you need to wash it by hand. It bakes consistently even cupcakes and muffins, which is one of the most important things when baking.

This is relatively easy to clean, but you cannot put it in the dishwasher.

These are durable as long as you don't drop anything on them. Since they are made of stone, the pan is not as sturdy as a metal muffin pan would be.

Doesn't Stick
    I never had problems with anything sticking to this pan, but I always make sure to use cupcake liners.

Not A Good Muffin Pan

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

Oh, I do not like Pampered Chef's Stoneware Muffin Pan at all. I am probably adverse to it for several reasons. It is heavy and it is very difficult to clean.

I know that many people love stoneware for cooking in, with good reason. The Pampered Chef Muffin Pan has the potential for very even cooking because of the properties of the stone it is made out of. However, I just could not get past the sheer weight of the thing. Much of the time that I am cooking I have a baby in one arm or very nearby. So I really love my Wilton muffin pan, which is aluminum, and not nearly as heavy.

If it were only the weight that was a problem, I could have gotten used to this pan, and maybe even loved it. However, it is impossible to season this pan. No matter how much pan spray or shortening I used in the cups the muffins never came out whole. This was highly disappointing to me and I ended up having to get rid of the pan.

Not one of my favorites from Pampered Chef

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I'm rating this only a good because I don't think this is one of my favorite products from Pampered Chef. I know that a lot of people really love it, but I just have a hard time seeing how this is so much better than a regular muffin pan. I have a lot of Pampered Chef things and really love their products. With this one, if just one muffin sticks you have a big mess on your hand. You really have to season the pans well to get them to be nonstick. But if a muffin sticks, you have to spend forever cleaning it out, and it is likely that more than one will stick. I really like the stoneware but think that a muffin pan is just not the way to go. If you want to try the stoneware, try a large stone instead first and see how you like it. Or borrow someone's muffin pan and see if you like it.

Doesn't Stick
    I have a hard time thinking that this would not stick. With the other stoneware, it is easy to season the surface. But there are a lot of nooks and crannies so this one is more difficult to use.

I broke it in a month

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I was very glad I didn't pay full price for this pan because it broke the second time I used it. It was nice and cooked well while I had it, but it isn't made to last.

I was impressed with how my muffins cooked when I was using this pan. They were even and perfectly done.

I was never really sure If I was getting this pan clean.

I'm infamous for being a little rough on my cookware but this pan was especially disappointing to me. I pulled a fresh batch of muffins out of the oven and burned my hand while standing up and ended up dropping. The muffins didn't survive and the pan had a huge crack in it. I didn't know it was quite so fragile, but I probably shouldn't own anything that can't survive a three foot drop.

I really liked how this pan looked, the stoneware had an interesting look to it and I liked having it around my kitchen for a while.

Doesn't Stick
    Don't expect this to be a non-stick pan. I used it the first time without cupcake papers and regretted it as soon as I went to pop the muffins out and they didn't budge.

So many uses for one pan

from Mount Airy, MD

Doesn't Stick
    Follow the instructions for seasoning.

Pampered Chef Muffin Stone

from Blue Springs, MO

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I love pampered chef products, but this one falls a little below my expectations, primarily for clean up reasons.

Muffins bake evenly and taste great in the stone pan.

The worst part about this product is that it is a pain in the neck to clean. You can use the scrapper, but it doesn't really get all areas, so you just need to let it soak and clean it out with warm water and a dish cloth.

As always, Pampered Chef Stone are durable and have no problems with chipping, cracking, etc.

I like that the muffin size is larger than most muffin pans.

Doesn't Stick
    The first several times you use this product you will probably be frustrated. It takes time to get stonebake ware to to the point where it doesn't stick. I did follow recommendations of making several things that were high in fat initially.

Worth every penny

from Rocky Mount, NC

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

Bakes cupcakes & muffins perfectly. Impossible to burn baked goods. Bottoms come out perfectly cooked, not dark brown. Use this item weekly in my kitchen. Couldn't think of anything better in my kitchen than this muffin pan. It is expensive but it is worth it.

Mine Got Broken and I Miss it Dearly!

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I absolutely love cooking on stoneware and since I hated my old aluminum muffin pan, I jumped at the chance to buy this stone one from Pampered Chef. In fact, since I hosted a party, this was one of the items I got for free with points, as I wanted to make sure I got one! So that is a great way to get one without having to pay the full price!

Since I was accustomed to working with stoneware, I knew that it would take some seasoning and breaking in before it would show its true colors. The first few times I used it, the muffins still stuck even though I had seasoned it fully. But since I took care to not wash with soap (water and scraper only) and to really rub it well with oil to season it, after about 5 uses, it was a fully functioning piece of lovely stoneware. Muffins no longer stuck. Any crumbs wiped right out with a dishrag and water.

It was sitting in the sink drying on day when my husband dropped a heavy pot on the center of it. It broke into three gigantic pieces and was rendered permanently unusable. I was heartbroken, as we used this thing at least once a week and I loved it so. We replaced it with an aluminum muffin pan due to budget constraints and I really hate it. I so miss my stoneware pan. Maybe we can get one again some day!