4.1
Pampered Chef Salad Spinner

Pampered Chef Salad Spinner

4.1

Makes Salad Making a Breeze

*Disclaimer:  I sell Pampered Chef because I love it, rather than the other way around.*

This is one item you have to see in person before...Read complete review

This is one item you have to see in person before you can truly appreciate it.  At least that was true of me.  The picture just doesn't do justice to the ease of use in this great salad spinner.  The handle locks down when not in use and when you're ready, you simply push the button to unlock, push the handle down a few times and lock back in place while your lettuce (or berries if you're using the smaller basket) spins away.  There is also a small button to use as a "brake" to slow down the spinner before you open it up.

I became big on making my own salads when I discovered how much cheaper it was to simply buy a head of Romaine (healthier than the typical iceberg, too!).  However, I found myself constantly rinsing off the leaves and then patting them dry with a paper towel.  And there was always just a little water left in the bottom of my salad bowl which made a soup of my dressing.  Gross!

I no longer have a problem now that I have my salad spinner.  It's great for lettuce, blueberries, even grapes.

The only drawback for me is the price.  If you can earn this as a hostess special (or a free/half-price item), go for it!

No replacement for shattered bowl

Great item, but the clear bowl is likely to break during a move. I have moved twice since purchasing this item, and it was the ONLY THING that broke during BOTH moves! It cracked during the first move, and i was able to duct tape it back together and still use it. It SHATTERED during the second move, and there is no replacement bowl for this pricey item. Very disappointed with the lady I got on the phone...kind of a meanie. Wrap this item like you would your most valuable crystal if you want it to last!

DISAPOINTED WARRANTY

Comments about Pampered Chef Salad Spinner:

We purchased our spinner along with another one to give as a gift.

We didn't use it for a couple of months.

The firstme we put it in the dishwasher on the top shelf the bowl melted & deformed unuseable shape

The features say it's dishwasher safe

Upon contacting our consultant,

We were informed that it could be returned at our expense

This is very disapointing considering the cost of this item.

We no longer purchase products from our consultant or Pampered Chef for that matter

That is a shame considering how well we liked their products.

Isn't it funny how something so simple can ruin the sale of a product.

Can clean by hand
but be warned about putting in a dishwasher

Melts in diswasher to easy

Great idea just poor choice of supplies to make

Great for washing lettuce

from Utah

Comments about Pampered Chef Salad Spinner:

We use this salad spinner to remove the excess water from lettuce leaves after rinsing them. Once the leaves are wet, you put them in the basket inside the plastic bowl and close the lid. Then you pump the handle up and down to spin the basket. Using centrifugal force, the water is forced out through the small holes in the basket, leaving the lettuce dry. The basket is slightly raised from the bottom of the plastic bowl, so when the water drains to the bottom of the bowl, it does not make the lettuce on the bottom wet again. I enjoy this salad spinner greatly as it is a very fast and convenient way to dry lettuce, especially when rinsing it immediately before making a salad, as I do not like wet lettuce in salad. I
The basket will continue to spin from inertia even after you stop pumping the handle, so I appreciate the brake that stops it. The main downside is that it takes awhile for the basket and inside of the bowl to air dry, and it needs to sit open until it is dry (after washing it).

Spinner Amazing, Bowl needs TLC.

Comments about Pampered Chef Salad Spinner:

The lettuce/berry spinner is fantastic. I use mine for fresh herbs, bagged lettuce, separated brussel sprouts, baby bok choy, beans, the list goes on. I love it and can't live without it. Only one BUT, the bowl has to be taken care of. It is rather on the fragile side. I recently bought the plastic lid and ice pack for it, so that I can tote it to barbecues. I am concerned that the bowl might get broken. It just doesn't seem strong enough.

good idea but way to big to store

from Royersford, PA

Comments about Pampered Chef Salad Spinner:

This was a really good concept and possibly a good idea but the problem is that it is so big. In a kitchen there are so many gagest you could have but the problem is where to store all your fun helpful toys. I got this a shower gift and used it only once. It did get the lettuce dry but I was able to do a just as good of a job as it but using my hands. And once again, where do you store it. What might help is if they make smaller one about half the size. Or maybe one that is collapsible kinda like strainers. Then I think the would appeal to me and those who have small kitchen with not a lot of cabinet space.

No replacement for shattered bowl

from Greenville, SC

Makes Salad Making a Breeze

from Shawnee, OK

Oustanding spinner!

from Apollo, PA

Comments about Pampered Chef Salad Spinner:

This spinner is amazing. My family and I grow on our own leaf lettuce during the summer months. We love the savings and enjoy the fresh produce, but it takes forever to clean because it is covered in dirt. I would have to rinse it all very well so it was soaked and then lay it out on paper towels to dry. It took so much time, work, and paper towels but it was the only way to get the sticky dirt from the garden off. I went to a pampered chef party and this spinner was shown. I loved it!!! It was a little pricey so I booked my own shown to get it cheaper and am so glad I did. The time it took to have a party saved me so much time cleaning our lettuce. It is easy to use, the pump takes no effort. The break works great unlike other spinners Ivee seen in stores and it is easy to clean. Well worth every cent!The only downside is it is bulky so it is harder to find a place to store it, but that is fine with me.

All my husband wants to use

from Lake Stevens, WA

Comments about Pampered Chef Salad Spinner:

This is a great salad spinner. It is pretty big but it is super nice. It spins your greens better and dryer than any other spinner on the market. My husband swears by it and we use it practically daily in the summer. He even puts bagged salad in it and spins it out....and swears that it last even longer! I love that it is clear and so it makes a nice salad bowl if you want to use it for that. It also comes with a smaller inner basket that is for spinning and cleaning berries! How smart is that!!! It goes in the dishwasher for easy cleaning and I like that the handle locks down in place. Really the only downfall could be the size of it. It's definitely on the larger size but it works so well it is easy to overlook the size. You will be amazed at home much moisture it gets off of your greens. Ity does double duty by acting as both a serving bowl and colanders! Oh, and it has a nonslip base so it doesn't slide all over your countertops!

Best salad spinner I've ever used...

from Kingfisher, OK

Comments about Pampered Chef Salad Spinner:

I have wanted The Pampered Chef salad spinner for quite a while, but I just couldn't justify the cost when I could get the same thing for less money.  So, I bought another brand of salad spinner and I was SO disappointed!  So, I went ahead and paid for the quality that I have come to expect with The Pampered Chef products! This Salad and Berry Spinner is by far the best one I have seen on the market...  It has a pump handle that locks down and that thing SPINS!  There isn't any water left on my spinach or lettuce when it stops!  Then I just wipe the water out of the clear bowl and pour my salad in to serve! How functional is that! I have also used it with ground beef.... after I drain it I put the beef in the salad spinner and get off even more grease. I really was surprised at how much grease was still on my meat before I spun it!  It also has a smaller compartment for berries!  All aroung this is just such a wonderful spinner!

The Pampered Chef Salad Spinner is a winner!

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Pampered Chef Salad Spinner:

I bought myself a salad spinner years and years ago and thought I ws perfectly happy with it until I went to a Pampered Chef party at a neighbor's house. She had so many people there that she got to pick a few free gifts and the salad spinner was one of them. She brought hers over to a party at my house and was helping me prep for a party and I was amazed at how much better hers was than mine. It is super sturdy for one thing and mine has a tendency to either unbalance a bit or "walk" on the counter. Hers stayed firmly in place, she hardly had any water on the lettuce leaves when she was done and it is soo simple to use.  I immediately had to have one for myself so her next party I invited myself again and bought one. I especially love the sizes of the baskets so you can use a small amount of strawberries or grapes or something and wow is it fast too. Very easy to use, a little more expensive than other brands but well worth it if you use these often.