Other Knives & Cutleries:

Pampered Chef Knives

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

Best set of knives I ever had!

Comfort
The handles on these knives are very comfortable and there is a nice weight to them. The blades do not bend like cheaper knives would.

Cut, slice, dice, these knives make it easy.

I have had these for one year and they are still sharp. Only problem I have had is that the "utility knife" fell to the floor and dropped onto it's tip. About a 1/4 inch piece broke off. I was so upset that my good knife broke, but not to worry, there is a warranty and all I have to do is send it back and I will get a brand new one!

These knives look great. They feel great. And they work great!

not worth the money

I purchased the Pampered Chef paring knife that comes with its own self-sharpening case.  I was pleased by the length of the knife (it is an oversized paring knife), but I would not recommend this knife for many other reasons.  The knife blade was never super sharp and became even more dull quickly.  The self-sharpening case also does not seem to do a good job with sharpening the knife at all.  Instead it is is difficult to even take out of the case.  I rarely use this knife (which was not inexpensive) because it has trouble slicing through hard veggies (like carrots), soft veggies like tomatoes and all in between.  The knife is a comfortable weight in the hand but its most important job of cutting is so difficult most of the time, that this has been replaced by the far cheaper OXO brand knife that still holds a sharp blade and is twice the age of the Pampered Chef knife.  Overall a poor investment.  (perhaps the chef's quality knives from PC are different)

Pampered chef peeling knife

Comments about Pampered Chef Knives:

Color coated #1122 peeling knife. As I was using the peeling knife I discovered I was slicing my thumb without realizing it. The blade side is too sharp where the thumb rests. This area should not even be sharp. I loved the design of it and the protective cover that goes over the blade. But have not used it again. I will most likely return it. They need to rethink this design.

Comfort
Too sharp towards the handle

Peels well

Unknown

Blade thumb area should not be sharp.

Work Great!

Comments about Pampered Chef Knives:

I like any product that was made by Pampered Chef, and I am always using my Pampered Chef Knives. These work great, stay sharp, and look really nice. Although they're a little bit on the expensive side, they are well worth the price. Also, like other Pampered Chef items, they have a lifetime guarantee. This is one of the things that really made me want to buy them. I don't have to worry about them breaking since I would be able to get a replacement.

I never had a problem cutting through anything when I use these knives.

Comfort
These are really easy to hold because of the larger black handle.

These cut through pretty much everything. I never had problems with them not being strong enough, or the blade bending.

These are very durable and sturdy. The blade does not bend at all when you use them to cut. Also, they have a lifetime warranty, so you know they must be sturdy.

I like that these knives look very nice. They are clean looking, so I don't mind leaving them out on my counter in a knife block.

I love my Bread Knife

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Knives:

I'm writing this in particular regarding the Pampered Chef Bread Knife. I've had other bread knives in the past, but they've never been long enough. I use mine to level cakes that I'm decorating (among other things) and this knife is long enough to easily trim an average-sized cake. The blade is well-sealed to the handle and there are no crevices for food to get into. I cannot say enough good things about this knife. On top of all of that, it is reasonably priced. It also comes with a plastic protective sheath for the blade...which protects the user and the blade from being damaged.

Comfort
The bread knife is very light weight and easy to use. The textured handle allows for a good grip.

This knife allows me to cut soft bread without squishing it flat! The serration on the blade does a great job.

My knife has stood up to a lot of use and abuse and has never needed sharpening.

It is simple and effective, which is just what a good product should be.

• Comfort:

Guaranteed, but who can do w/o while replacing.

Comments about Pampered Chef Knives:

They look nice but dont hold up.

The steel they use to make these knives must be very soft. My knives which I've had for a couple of years, only because I cant afford new ones, have actual divots in the blade. I bought the pampered chef sharpener because I thought maybe it was me who couldn't sharpen with a stone. that however was not the case because when left to the pampered chef sharpener the blades got even worse. These divots are visible to the naked eye.

• Comfort:

Best set of knives I ever had!

from Plainville, CT

Comfort

Cut, slice, dice, these knives make it easy.

These knives look great. They feel great. And they work great!

chop like a chef

from Milton, FL

Comments about Pampered Chef Knives:

Pampered Chef Knives are the best.  They stay sharp!  A sharp knife is really safer than a dull knife because you don't have to struggle with it.  A sharp knife does the work for you.  Did you know that putting your knives in the dishwasher dulls the blade?  Take a few extra minutes and wash your knives by hand to help keep them sharp.  Chop like a chef with these knives and make cooking easier.  You know how hard it is to slice celery or green onions with a dull knife.  With these knives it feels like slicing through butter.  My husband loves these knives.  He will help in the kitchen more often just to use these knives.  Chop like a Chef by keeping the point of the knife on the cutting board and just guide the handle up and down to cut while you feed the food into the blade area.  (Please make sure that you keep your fingers tucked under or use a finger guard)  Cutting this way gives you more control over the knife and the knife is not moving all over the place.  Watch the Chefs on TV and this is how they slice things so fast.  Make cooking easier and faster by using sharp knives and taking the time in learning how to use them.  Chop like a chef with these knives and make cooking easier.

Easy to cut up with Pampered Chef Knives

from Leland, NC

Comments about Pampered Chef Knives:

Pampered Chef knives are great quality. I have purchased several over the years and they are so durable. They are nice and sharp and very versatile in the kitchen. I like the sleeves and self-sharpener which makes them portable without worrying about the knife damaging something in the bag you carry it in and it protects the knife from damage. Worth the cost of purchasing at a home party. One of the very few items that is worth purchasing at a home show. My oldest Pampered Chef knife is over 10 years and is still in excellent condition.

Pampered Chef Knives, one reason I keep coming back!

from Aurora, OR

Comments about Pampered Chef Knives:

Truth be told, there are items from Pampered Chef that I wish I hadn't bought - my other reviews prove that much, but the knives that I've bought from that very same company are the sole reason I keep coming back, and will continue to look forward to going to Pampered Chef parties.  The first knife that I purchased was the Santoku Knife.  It's color coated a lime green color, which I liked.  Boring utencils are just not my style.  It comes with a sheath so that when it's put in my drawer of many gadgets, and little hands are trying to find a measuring cup or spoons, they won't accidentally brush up against it's blade.  VERY important when I have girls in the house who are excited about cooking and baking. Safety, first.  Also, the knife has what they call "hallow recesses" in the sides of it.  Basically, it makes it so that when you cut something, it doesn't hang on to the knife, but drops quickly away... no need to get your fingers involved, the knife will do it for you!  As for other reviewers saying that it dulls quickly - yes, it does, but I use it A LOT, and taking care of good knives is very important.  Invest in a sharpening tool, and use when needed!  Voila!

Pampered chef knives really cut it!

from Urbana, IL

Comments about Pampered Chef Knives:

The Pampered Chef Knives I have are awesome..They really cut it!  They are the only knives I use. The small paring knife is my favorite. This knife is great for peeling apples, potatoes, etc. I don't have many knives as I am always afraid I am going to cut my fingers off.  This knife is sharp, but I don't feel uncomfortable using it.  I have used the same knives for over 8 years and they are still super sharp.  They have held up great washing them in the dishwasher too! They come with a variety of handle colors.  The ones I have are white and burgundy. These knives are very durable and withstand the test of time.

They may cost a little more than the average run of the mill knife that you can purchase at a mass market retailer, but they are worth the money as they last a really long time.  As far as I know, the only way to purchase these is from a Pampered Chef Consultant-but this may have changed since I purchased mine (I am not for sure).

Any Pampered Chef product is worth its weight is gold and come highly recommended to me by all my friends who have used the products for a very long time!

pampered chef knives are well worth the money

from Decatur, AL

Comments about Pampered Chef Knives:

I have tried all sorts of knives. Most didnt last a month. I finally broke down and bought a pamper chef knife. While a little pricey, it was well worth the money spent. I have had it was 4 years and it still slices as if I just bought it. I have never sharpened it. I would give it away if my life depended on it. My dad is a chef and has tried to take it from me so for christmas I bought him a set.