3.8

Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal

3.8

Pros

Cons

I hate being in the Kitchen. I love this!

As my husband will attest, I am not a cook.  In fact, I hate everything about the kitchen.  However, this little gadget has come in handy more than once and makes quick, fun work out of lunches and desserts.

My toddler loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but eats them with such abandon that I end up having to scrub most of the sandwich off of him by the time he's done.  With my Cut-N-Seal, I am able to make him a PB-N-J and he eats it without the mess.  I'm not sure what the magic is, but it works.  He also loves the fact that they are "Mommy's special circle sandwiches".

I've even been able to use this gadget with other healthy snacks and sandwiches for him.  I loves the fact that whenever I pop it out, he's getting something special.  Plus it helped him learn what a circle was.  Nice side effect!

The only complaints I have with the Cut-N-Seal is that it wastes a ton of bread and is really sharp.  Even though my son wants to use it, I can't let him because I'm afraid of his little fingers getting in the way.  It's also not dishwasher safe.  I know it's small and I should just deal with it, but I HATE doing dishes no matter how small.

The Cut-N-Seal comes with recipes as well.  The one for tarts is wonderfully easy and quick to make for parties and potlucks.

Bottom line, for nine bucks, it's a steal.  I use it at least twice a week and it makes my kid feel like I'm going out of my way for him.

Don't waist your money on this one!

Okay, as much as I love Pampered Chef and as many of their gadgets as I own, this one is a dud! It's not as easy to use as you'd think. You really have to put some muscle into it and it honestly hurt my hand. It also doesn't always make such pretty edges on the sandwhich as it claims to. Additionally, it's not dishwasher safe, which means that you have to hand wash it and mine still rusted! It also fell apart. Even though it was relatively inexpensive, it wasn't even worth that! The pampered chef guarantee isn't worth much when you can't run down who you bought it from. This also wastes a lot of bread! When it does work right, your sandwiches are pretty- but it's very hit or miss. Don't waste your money on this one!

Pampered Chef Cut N Seal

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

This is a fun tool, especially of you have kids. I like how you can make meal time fun by cutting the sandwiches into round shapes, or as my kids call them spaceship sandwiches. It is a fun, and unique, but after a few uses I realized there is one major downfall to this
product. When you use this to cut into bread or sandwiches you place it in the middle and push down to cut out a round shape, but you end up wasting a lot of the bread and the crust. If they had made the product a bit larger it would waste less bread. Also, it is hard to push down on this, almost impossible for a young kid to effectively make it cut the bread. Another pet peeve is how hard it is to clean. After using this on a peanut sandwich it is very hard to clean all the nooks and crannies. I usually have to soak it in very hot water, then scrub to really get it clean. As much as this is a novelty to make fun shaped sandwiches, it is more of a pain than a pleasure, from an adult point of view. My kids think the spaceship sandwiches are cool, so for them I will continues to use it.

Hard to get really clean

Made of hard metal

Hard to push down into bread

Creates crabby patties!

from Empire, AL

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

I bought this for myself because I don’t eat the crust on the bread. I figured instead of cutting it off I could make my sandwich look cute. I used it a couple of times and put it away until I had kids. My son is a very picky eater. He refused to eat any kind of sandwich. So one day the thought occurred to me to create a fun sandwich with the Cut-N-Seal. He was watching Spongebob and telling me all about crabby patties. I told him I could make one for him. I made a peanut butter sandwich and used the Cut-N-Seal which made the sandwich into a fun round shape just like the crabby patties on Spongebob. He gobbled it up! He will not eat a peanut butter sandwich unless I use the Cut-N-Seal to make it into a crabby patty. The Cut-N-Seal is easy to use, just place it over the sandwich and press down. Then press slightly on the round button to give it a decorative edge all the way around. When you are finished, lift and hit the button again to release the sandwich. I always take mine apart and put it in the dishwasher to be cleaned (except the round button and spring). The dishwasher always gets it clean. The only complain I have is that I have taken it apart so much that the screw now longer screws back in so mine actually doesn’t work by pressing the bottom anymore but I just press everything myself. Overall, our family loves the Cut-N-Seal!

You do have to take it apart to clean it.

After 8-9 years mine no longer screws together anymore.

Love the edges it creates on the sandwiches.

Great for Sandwiches!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

I have to admit that when I first saw this Cut-N-Seal at a party I thought that I wouldn't get any use out of it because I don't cut the crusts off of sandwiches (and who wants to waste all that extra bread anyway?).

I did end up purchasing this and use it relatively often for making things such as tea sandwiches for parties. It's great for little handheld sandwiches for parties. I love to use it with a white or potato bread, fill it with a bit of cheese and pepperoni, and bake the sandwiches until warm and toasty. This also works awesome with a bit of cheddar cheese and ham bits. The possibilities are endless. As a side note, I collect all the extra bread and crusts and put them in a bag in the freezer to make bread crumbs from later.

It is a bit of a pain to wash but I'm okay with that. I hand wash mine so I can't say how it would wash up in the dishwasher.

I highly recommend this for anyone who does a lot of entertaining or is just looking for a way to spice up their sandwiches.

This is NOT for children though. The edges are quite sharp and children absolutely should not use it, even with adult supervision.

Great product to make crust-less sandwiches or biscuits!

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

The cut n seal from The Pampered Chef is a great, high quality item. It is also very affordable. It creates the perfect crust free sandwich. Saves cost by making kids' lunches at home. Also cuts the perfect home made biscuit to enjoy with any meal. Dishwasher safe!

This product is dishwasher safe. (Top rack only)

Cute sandwiches without the crust

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

The Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal is a great way to make sandwiches for picky eaters who do not like eating the crust of their sandwich. I always loved when I was in elementary school and my mom would make my lunches using the cut-n-seal sandwich cutter. I don't use this too often myself, because it seems a waste to throw away the bread that you cut off the side of the sandwich. It's nice to just use this for a special treat.

All you have to do is make a sandwich as you normally would, then place the sealer in the middle of the pieces of bread. You push down on the cutter, and you have created a sealed sandwich. If you're an adult eating this, you might need two in order to be filling enough.

This is relatively easy to wash, but I always make sure to wash it by hand rather than putting it in the dishwasher.

This is relatively easy to clean, but I always wash it by hand which sometimes takes me awhile before I'm able to get a chance to wash it.

Not all that Necessary

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

A while back, those pre-packaged peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were all the rage, and they came in this perfect little round sandwich size. But if you look at the ingredients, they are loaded with preservatives and just sketchy. So I bought this little Pampered Chef contraption to make my own little sandwiches. Ehh, it's okay. You have to press down like a beast, and the plunger has a bit of resistance, so it is hard to tell if you have pinched the sides well enough. If you don't get it right, the filling spills out. Despite that, I have used this for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cucumber sandwiches for a bridal shower. They cucumber sandwiches came out looking very nice and folks were quite impressed with them. They were a good bit of work though. I have also used this for apple hand pies, but the wet dough gets stuck easily in there, so you have to work fast and keep a dusting of flour going. So it's definitely not the most useful utensil I've ever purchased, but on rare occasions it has served it's purpose well.

It was a nice cutting tool for my baking needs.

from Stewartstown, PA

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

I liked how I could easily make my pecan tarts with this handy tool. I was trying a new Paula Deen recipe and it called for 24 perfectly round circles for the crust. I was a little hesitant to use this cooking device, because I thought the circles would come out messed up, but the circles came out perfectly. Also it was very easy to clean. Thanks pampered chef!

It could be so much better!

from West Chester, OH

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

This is not really a practical item.  We bought it thinking it would be fun to make fun round shaped sandwiches for the kids.  To be honest it is not easy to use, which is a must in our home!  The kids can not help with it because it is sharp and hard to push down - a definite bummer.  I also hate wasting all that extra bread - i guess if you had the time and extra space you could use it for homeade breadcrumbs.  Last but not least, it is a pain to use because the bread always sticks to the mechanism making it more trouble than it is worth.  Maybe it works better with White bread - but we use healthy wheat bread.

Fun Tool

from Sykesville, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

This is a fun product.  I usually use it for party sandwiches for kids.  They're great to bring to potluck dinners where you know your kids (and other kids) won't eat anything and they're great for parties.  PB&J is quick and easy to make with this gadget.  I use the squeeze PB and squeeze jelly to make it even easier.  At first I was concerned about the waste of bread, but now I dry the bread scraps and grind them up for bread crumbs.  It's easy to use -- just push down and turn slightly.  Great product!

What fun! Great for pancakes with sausage inside!!!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal:

For people with Fibromyalgia, this makes quick sandwiches, tarts, and appetizers.  My favorite for breakfast meals that can be taken on the go.  My hands often ache and this is an easy tool to use with little additional pain infliction.  Love it!