Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher

Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher

Pros

Cons

Mixed drinks from frozen or powdered concentrate thoroughly.

The ***Pampered Chef* 2-Quart Quick-Stir Pitcher** makes mixing drinks from frozen or powdered concentrate a cinch.  The durable "blades" of the mixing fan are strong enough to pulverized and blend still-frozen mixes in the pitcher, so you don't have to wait for it to finish thawing.  Likewise, the upstroke of the handle pulls powdered mixes to the top of the **Quick-Stir Pitcher** for complete circulation and an even taste.

**Pampered Chef** also make a larger container for parties and for longer lasting drink mixes.  The *Family-Sized Quick-Stir Pitcher* holds up to a gallon of your favorite drink, whether it's iced tea or lemonade, margaritas or daiquiris.

New parents, you could even mix a pitcher of infant formula the easy way and have it ready to pour when baby's hunger.

The ***Pampered Chef* 2-Quart Quick-Stir Pitcher's** lid has a closed (reduce spills), open (for pulp lovers and for frozen drinks), and strain (pulp-free) settings so you can keep make your juice and drink it too, just the way you like it.

Great for an easy stir, hard to clean

We purchased this Pampered Chef Easy Stir Pitcher in both the 2-Quart and 1 Gallon size.  We are currently still using the 1 gallon size.  I purchased these to make stirring juice easier.  They certainly are easier.  We used to drink a lot of frozen orange juice concentrate (because it is so much cheaper).  We constantly found the heavier orange juice particles settling to the bottom and had to be stirred every single time we pulled it out of the fridge.  The quick stir pitcher made that an easy task.  We now use it for powder lemonade mixes all the time...also an easy stir.  I have two complaints.  The stir part is a slotted, aerodynamic part that is exceptionally hard to clean.  It has lots of grooves that capture any junk.  The other complaint is that they are made from brittle plastic instead of rubber like rubbermaid.  We have broken one quick stir pitcher already (fortunately under warranty still), but can see easily doing so again if I were to drop it on the floor.

hard to clean the plunger

Great Juice Mixer

from Utah

Comments about Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher:

We use this easy stir pitcher to mix orange juice, iced tea, AdvoCare Spark, and Gatorade (from the powder). Not only does it help with mixing the first time, but if the juice sits in the fridge for a little while and settles, then it is extremely easy to mix it again before pouring a glass.

If you could look from the top, the stem of the lid is shaped like a plus sign. It is extremely easy for juice to get into the crevices of the "plus" and dry out, especially as the pitcher is being emptied. If it dries in there and stains the plastic a little bit, then it is extremely difficult to remove. But otherwise, it is extremely easy to clean this pitcher.

For normal mixing, this pitcher is quite durable. But if you ever need to mix juice from a frozen concentrate in a hurry, it is not strong enough to try to push through the softened concentrate. It needs to be pretty much completely thawed before it can mix it well.

Pampered Chef 2 Qt Easy Stir Pitcher

Comments about Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher:

Best pitcher I have ever used hands down! I love Pampered Chef products and have gone to quite a few parties. At one of the parties the host was serving light snacks and drinks. It was a buffet, so when I went to the table to get a drink I saw this strange looking pitcher, I had never seen one like this. I saw others pushing and pulling the handle, and mixing the ice inside it. I asked someone what this was. They said it was the easy stir pitcher and was a product from Pampered Chef. I thought this was the coolest thing EVER! You can make whatever drink you want, even cocktails, add ice, and instead of a big spoon clunking around trying to stir it, or missing clumps of powder on the bottom, this pitcher has a circular piece that goes all the way to the bottom and stirs everything together. It is made from sturdy plastic, and holds up to 2 quarts of liquid. It is very easy to clean and is so easy to use and pour from. I definitely recommend this product!!
P

Great for mixing drinks and baby formula

from Florida

Comments about Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher:

This being a Pampered Chef product is very durable, sturdy construction and will last a long time. However the downside of it being a Pampered Chef product means that it is also a little spendier, but the extra cost is worth it.

That being said the Pampered Chef 2 quart easy Stir Pitcher is super easy to use and it can be used to make any thing from formula to lemonade. Its also very easy to clean. I was worried that the mixer part would be flimsy, but that isn't the case. I have had my pitcher for five years. It still works as good as it did when I first bought it.

I would recommend this pitcher to friends.

This pitcher is very easy clean. It is dishwasher safe, but I generally just hand wash it because its just as easy.

As I mentioned earlier this is a very durable pitcher. Mine has lasted years and is still as good as it was when I first got it.

The design is simple yet effective. It mixes well and does the job better than stirring or mixing with a spoon.

Great Gift!

Comments about Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher:

This was my first ever Pampered Chef purchase. This was to aid in my attempt at trying to drink more water than sodas. Over the last few years I have added one more to my collection to keep a variety ready in my fridge. My favorite part about the pitcher is the built-in stirring lid. I love kool-aid and Crystal Light type drink mixes, but if they aren't evenly stirred they can be a bit bitter. This pitcher fixes all these issues.

The literature included says that this product is dishwasher safe, however I have read many reviews of people having issues when putting the top in the dishwasher. Because of this I choose to hand wash my pitcher. The pitcher itself is easy to wash, but the lid with the stirrer can be a bit tricky.

I have had my pitcher(s) for years and they are still in wonderful shape!

Whoever thought of this design is a genius! It is so much easier than having to dirty up a spoon each time someone wants a drink from a pitcher.

Convenient for Picnics

Comments about Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher:

I always use the Pampered Chef 2 Quart Easy Stir Pitcher for family picnics in the summer. I like that you can use the handle in the lie of the pitcher to mix the lemonade or tea that you have within the pitcher. The handle on the side of the pitcher also makes it easy to carry the pitcher wherever you need to move it to.

This is not dishwasher safe as far as I can tell, so I always make sure to wash it by hand. I don't wash it too frequently, since I leave it in the refrigerator until all of the lemonade or tea is gone.

This is relatively easy to clean, but I always wash it by hand. I'm sure you can wash it in the dishwasher, but I would be scared the heat of the dishwasher would melt the plastic.

The plastic is thick enough that it should be sturdy enough to last a long time.

I love the design of this pitcher because it has a built in way to stir the drink inside the pitcher. This helps make sure the drinks at the top aren't weak while the drinks at the bottom become too strong.

Great for mixing beverages and entertaining

Comments about Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher:

The pampered chef two quart easy stir pitcher is a great tool for both entertaining and every day use. I enjoy using it on an everyday basis for having iced tea with lemons ready to go, as well as water with lemon mixed into it. This allows me to have a larger amount of my favorite beverages, with lemon flavored soaked in, and to not have to worry about preparing the beverages on a glass by glass basis.

For entertaining, i especially like using this pitcher when making sangria. this pitcher allows you to mix and stir. Therefore, I can assemble the sangria with fruit early in the day and allow the flavors to penetrate into the wine. As company comes over, I can mix the fruit and stir the concoction, serving chilled over ice as they desire. I have gotten many compliments of how cool and well mixed the beverage was.

The pitcher is very easy to clean. the center piece removes allowing both that and the pitcher to be easily rinsed and washed.

Not my favorite from Pampered Chef

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher:

I like the idea of this pitcher, I really do. I find it a little aggravating to use. If you put ice in the pitcher, you must put the plunger down in the drink while holding the lid up far enough to be able to add ice in between them. If you put the ice in first, before the plunger, the ice will float and force the plunger up when you place the lid on. Also, the paddle at the bottom is difficult to clean if you ever forget and leave it in the refrigerator too long. I've also had strongly colored drinks (like Kool-Aid) stain the white paddle and plunger. Only a soak in diluted bleach would bring the color out.

As described above, it is a challenge to clean well. Of course, you can place it in the top rack of the dishwasher but that is a bit awkward and takes up most of the upper rack.

This pitcher does hold up well, I've had mine for years. Although, I do not use it very often.

It isn't my favorite.

Great for powdered drink mixes

from Tooele, UT

Comments about Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher:

We love this pitcher in our house. It is the best for powdered drink mixes like kool-aid, lemonade, Chrystal Light, etc. With the plunger, they mix up so easily. Frozen concentrates are a bit trickier as the plunger doesn't do so well against the chunk of frozen concentrate and mostly just smashes it into the bottom of the pitcher. But that's just for the initial mix.

The best part of this pitcher comes after the drink is mixed. When it sits in the fridge, your drink starts to settle and separate. Normally you would have to get a spoon out to mix it up every time you wanted a glass. The plunger is great because it stays in the pitcher for when you need an extra mix. Just plunge a few times and pour. It saves so many spoons.

I also own this same pitcher in the gallon size, and we actually use that one more often. But we definitely use this one often enough to call it our favorite pitcher of it's size.

I will say that it has joints and crevices that soak up juice and are impossible to clean. There are spot where red got in and we can't get it out. Oh well, we love it anyway.

Easy enough for kids to use

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Pampered Chef 2-Quart Easy Stir Pitcher:

During the summer, we are forever making batches of iced tea and kool-aid and the kids love to help out with the process. With typical pitchers, you have to stir the mix up with a spoon. This can be messy when kids do it, and it also doesn't always mix well. With the Pampered Chef Easy Stir pitcher, all you have to do is pull the plunger up and down a few times. It's mess free and it quickly mixes. When you take your pitcher out of the fridge, give it a quick plunge and you'll mix up anything that might have settled. Great product!

Great for an easy stir, hard to clean