2.5

Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash

2.5

Pros

Cons

Palmolive gets the job done right.

I went to buy The Electrasol Finish tablets, and even with my coupon, not affordable.  So I scoped the aisle and found this Palmolive Gel Dishwaser Detergent.Read complete review

It is phosphate free, and does clean to a sparkling shine.  It is better for our lakes and streams and the price is bettter for me.

It was only half the cost.  Also on the back you can call Plamolive direct with questions like may I have some coupons?  Most companies never say no.

Every week I get coupons for things I use that even my sister cannot believe I have on my measly income.

I would reccommend using a rinse agent to get the best shine possible.  When I ran out of jet dry, I noriced I had to rinse my dishes.

I don't buy Jet dry anymore either as the store brand for half the cost keeps me and my dishes happy!

It is time consuming to try out newer and cheaper alternatives, but in the long run will put a BIG smile on your face!

Eco-friendly product that doesn't work and isn't eco-friendly!

**This product in a nutshell: **is a dishwashing detergent that tries to paint itself in a more eco-friendly light.  The reality is that Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent does not clean my dishes to a sparkling shine and is not an environmentally helpful product.

I am a total novice when it comes to "going green."  Rarely do I buy organic and I only recently started recycling my paper and plastic garbage.  The main reason I was drawn to Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent was economics, as it was significantly cheaper than all the other dishwasher soaps on the shelf at Super K-Mart.

While pouring this product into the soap dispenser of my dishwasher, the first thing that struck me was the smell, which is very strong and lemony.  After running through the wash cycle and the dry cycle, I opened up my machine and the steamy, fresh scent of lemons met my nose.  But the pleasantries end here, I'm afraid!  The appearance of my silverware struck me first.  I picked up a few forks and spoons and grimaced at the sight of a dingy, cloudy film on them.  Some utensils looked so bad that I put them in the sink to be scrubbed by hand or left them in the dishwasher to go through another wash cycle.  The same was true for some of my plates and dishwasher-safe serving bowls.  In fact, some of these items that came out dingy, didn't go in that way.  What I found to regularly occur when utilizing this product is that it takes food particles and re-distributes them to items throughout the dishwasher.

Palmolive showcases this product as being better for lakes and streams because it does not contain phosphates.  While that is good, it should be pointed out that this product does contain chlorine bleach and silicates.  Many scientific studies have been conducted on chlorine and its effect on our health and the environment.  The findings were not positive!  If household companies want consumers to "go green," they must devise better methods of cleaning within their products.  Palmolive should not sell this as an eco-friendly product unless it's 100% eco-friendly.

**I give this product 1/5 stars because: **it left my dishes dirty and dingy and my silverware lost all of its sparkle.  Plus, this product is not entirely eco-friendly, as it contains chlorine bleach, a harmful chemical proven to cause problems for humans, as well as a pollutant for lakes and streams.

gets your dishes clean

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

I feel like I am constantly washing dishes and running thru the dishwasher. Since I am always putting dishes thru the dishwasher, I like to think there aren't too many chemicals being used to was the dishes or that the products are bad for the environment. For that reason, I like Palmolive eco + Gel Dishwasher Detergent in Lemon Splash.

This is gentle on my dishes, and it doesn't leave behind any of the water marks that you can sometimes find after washing your dishes. It leaves all of my dishes very clean, and I don't have to worry about the food particles being stuck on the dishes. The scent of this detergent does not smell strongly like checmicals which is one of my favorite things about this detergent.

I typically buy this detergent at my local hardware store, and it is very affordable. A bottle also lasts pretty long, so i am not constantly going to the store to purchase more like I have to do witht the individually wrapped pods.

Not really eco-friendly

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

I am bound and determined to use products in my home that are safe for my family and the environment. I was so excited to find this product that is "Eco friendly" and at an affordable price. While this product did a fine job of cleaning my dishes, sadly I fell for the claims made on the label (silly me, I didn't do my research) about this being environmentally friendly. What a joke. I used this for probably a year and a half to two years, blindly. One day I was looking for other safe products to use in my home and came upon some information that really surprised me. This stuff is NOT good for your family or for the environment. I was angry and felt very mislead. I switched immediately to Method dish washing detergent. I think Palmolive should either change their label and their false claims or take this stuff off of the shelves. Because of the misleading nature of the label, I do not trust Palmolive products anymore. If you are serious about using an Eco Friendly product, don't choose this!

You get what you pay for

from Joplin, MO

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

I purchased this product because the price was good and I thought it was a bonus that it was eco-friendly. If I recall correctly this was one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest, dish detergent on the shelves. As it turns out, you definitely get what you pay for. This product leaves heavy white residue on dishes that is difficult to get off. It also leaves spots on dishes (although this was alleviated with the use of some homemade rinse agent). I literally had to scrub the dishes with residue on them with a course sponge and a lot of elbow power to get the residue off. The strange thing is that is leaves the residue on some dishes but not others - it seems to especially effect stainless steel items.

This product also has quite a strong smell of bleach. Although I purchased this as an eco-friendly product I am not particularly eco-conscious but do notice that the product contains bleach, which I do not believe is considered to be eco-friendly.

I would not recommend or purchase this product again.

A Great Greener Alternative!

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

I really like the Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent Lemon scent dishwasher gel. I have been trying to buy greener products that are more environmental friendly without sacrificing the cleaning power. Palmolive still cleans your dishes very well and the lemon scent smells great also.

Horrible!!!! Waste of money!!!

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

I bought this sorry excuse for dishwasher detergent. It left a horrible film on my glass dishes that I had to scrub off by hand. I would never buy this and I think it should be removed from the shelves. I informed the store where I bought it, but they could have cared less.

Good!

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

When we moved into our previously owned house, someone left three bottles of this in the bottom of the cupboard unopened. Since I have to be careful about what I use we decided to use this for outdoor cleaning. We had a huge walkway caked in dirt and mud and used this to clean it off, it did a wonderful job. The lemon scent is strong but not overpowering in a way, but that could be because we were outside doing the cleaning. It was easy to wash off the suds and my husband even used it to wash off the hubcaps on his car.

I used it in a dishwasher once and it didn't really get the dishes satisfactory like my dish washing detergent of choice, but if you aren't overly particular about that, this is an affordable and easy to use dish washer detergent that will do the job with a pleasant clean scent. The lemon scent indoors was a little stronger but once again, we have a spacious kitchen with plenty of air circulating. In an inclosed area I could see how the smell might be stronger.

Overall, if you like lemon and the Palmolive brand products, this could be something you'd find useful.

A little disappointed with this Palmolive detergent!

from Reading, PA

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

I used to love the "original" Palmolive dishwasher detergent and when this new Eco+ kind came out, I thought I would give it a try! I was a little disappointed with how it cleaned! It seemed to clean my dishes OK after I rinsed and wiped off the dishes pretty good before putting them in - it didn't work very well on heavy messes. That didn't bother me so much as the fact that it seemed to make my glasses somewhat dull and cloudy. I really believe that it was this detergent because I have since then switched to another dishwasher detergent and I don't have this problem.

The reason I gave it a satisfactory rating instead of a poor rating is because it does clean normal dirty dishes pretty well. If used with some sort of Jet Dry or Finish product (a rinse aid), then the glasses don't come out all cloudy.

The scent of the product was nice - it left my dishes smelling clean and lemon-fresh! I just don't think you can use this dishwasher detergent alone without some sort of rinse aid or else your dishes will be dull and cloudy.

Palmolive Eco Dishwasher Soap

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

I was pleasantly surprised when I bought this product. Honestly I liked the price compared to some other well known brands, so I thought I would give it a try. I was please when ALL of my dishes, pots, and pans come out looking clean with no residue. It even had a soft scent that added to the clean of the dishes. I comes in three different scents all of which I enjoy and don't even have a favorite. They are all soft nice scents that leave your dishes and dishwasher smelling and looking clean. I would recommend this to anyone stuck on more expensive brands. I even got my mother in law using it. She is stuck on it now too and loves it!

Impressed with how well it cleans and happy that it is eco frien

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

I was not sure when I first purchased this product about how well it would actually clean my dishes. I was concerned that, because it was ecologically friendly that it would lose some of its cleaning ability without the chemicals in normal dishwashing detergent. But, I was wrong! My dishes are just as clean and clear as they were with any other detergent I have used. And I feel really good that it does not have the extra chemicals that could be left on my dishes or is going into the water. It smells nice and does not really leave any streaks or water spots. I do still use a rinse aid just to help.

Poor.

from Vidor, TX

Comments about Palmolive eco+ Gel Dishwasher Detergent - Lemon Splash:

Don't waste your hard earned money. I bought this thinking it was a value priced eco-friendly detergent. That may be true, but I have to say that you get what you pay for. My dishes were never, ever, clean when I used this. It left a weird film. The only pro is - it smelled nicely!!