Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Palmolive
Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap

Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap

Adding "Oxy" Didn't Make Palmolive A Better Dish Soap

There are so many different choices when it comes to dishwashing liquid.   Although my dishwasher handles the bulk of my dishwashing chores, I still find myself hand washing dishes and glassware on a daily basis.   At some point our family settled on Palmolive because it's reasonably priced, we can always find a coupon to save even more money, and their products work effectively.  **Palmolive with Oxy Dish Soap** is the latest formula that we've tried, but so far, it's not my favorite. On the plus side, Palmolive Oxy efficiently tackles all of the tasks I've used it for.  It can power through baked on and dried messes, and it does a decent job on greasy pots and pans.  On the down side, I found that the suds don't form well if you add the liquid while you're filling the sink with water.   I began to add a touch of the dish soap to my dish cloth (yes, I'm a dishcloth user as opposed to a sponger), and let it foam up on the cloth before washing the dish.  A little of the product does go a long way.  So much so, in fact, that you have to be religious about rinsing completely.  I learned my lesson when I was filling my coffee pot with water and it began to bubble from the Palmolive Oxy residue that wasn't adequately rinsed off.  It's not a big issue, you just have to be mindful of it.

On a completely shallow note, I really don't enjoy the Alpine scent.   It isn't horrible or anything, but it certainly doesn't add anything positive to the product or the chore.   I much prefer the scents of Palmolive's Spring Sensations variety of dishwashing liquids.

Overall, **Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap** is an effective dish liquid that works equally well on greasy pans and delicate glassware.  My only complaints concern the need to rinse well and the not terribly pleasant Alpine scent.   Once we finish up the bottles in the cupboard, we'll be going back to [Palmolive Spring Sensations][1] .

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Palmolive-Spring-Sensations-Liquid-Soap-Fresh-Green-Apple-review-88f56

Palmolive dish soap cleans great, but is rough on hands.

I picked up Palmolive dish soap with Oxy becuase I know that Palmolive has a brand reputation for being gentle on hands.  I figured having a gentle-on-hands dish soap that also had the powerful Oxy cleaning agent in it would be a double bonus.  Honestly, the dish soap cleans fantastically well:  lots of suds, the suds are long lasting, and the soap cuts through greasy messes on dishes with ease.  However, what I did NOT expect was that this soap would cause such a severe rash on my hands/forearms.  I don't use gloves when I do my dishes, I have never had to.  However, after using this product exclusively for one week, I developed a nasty, red, itchy/sore rash that covered the area of my hands that were routinely immersed in the soapy water.  I started using gloves after that, and the rash slowly went away.  I have tried other Palmolive products in the past, and I notice that only those with the Oxy agent in them cause this type of rash on my skin.  I still use this product, but I always use gloves - a good recommendation for anyone looking to try this product who has no prior experience with it!

Amazing cleaning I would use it all day long

from Hartford , connecticut

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful

Cons

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • Office

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

I recently bought this and I'm glad that finally I got one of the best dish washing detergent that takes good care of my hands beside doing its best cleaning job. I have recommended this to all my friends. The best cleaning products I have ever used

I Don't Like It

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

Although I will say that Palmolive Oxy has a great smell and cleans dishes well, I think that it leaves a film on dishes, and I also can 'taste' the dish liquid after they have been rinsed. The smell seems to go into my mouth after I use the liquid. I used the entire bottle and got the same results every time that I Did. I was more than disappointed with this. The cleaning power of the liquid is great, however, and it really does leave your dishes clean. It can really cut through grease and get dishes clean without a lot of elbow grease required. And I don't notice the greasy film that is left behind with some of the liquids. However, the leftover taste and the film are just two things that I can't deal with . This is an okay liquid if you don't mind that.
    As far as pricing goes it costs about the same as the other upscale liquids. I wont use this liquid again, however, and will stick with my Dawn from here on out.

Love this dish soap

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

I bought this product because I had a coupon for it and wanted to see what all of the hype was all about. I was amazed at how well it worked. I usually use my dishwasher, but since I bought this soap it seems easier to just clean my dishes, and requires little effort. I have even taught my nine year old daughter to wash dishes since this soap really cleans so well. I have found that you do not need a lot of this soap to clean a sink full of dishes. A little really does go a long way. This soap is great for getting the toughest food off of my pots and pans and requires little scrubbing at all. This is the best dish soap I have purchased in a long time, and will be the only one I purchase in the future.
    This soap is priced very reasonable which is great. It works much better than the competitors brands and costs the same. I love the scent that it leaves behind and it does not dry out your hands like other dish soap does.

Wow-what a eye opener!

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

On many levels I like to believe that store brand items, like dish soap, are just as good (effective, long lasting) as name brand household items. I picked this Dawn oxy up from Walgreens; I was drawn to the cute blue OXY bottle and the sale price. It was convenient and we were low, so I splurged on the name brand for once. It change my perspective; I love this product! Store brands can't hold a candle to this Palmolive OXY. Even though I got the small bottle, it lasted way longer than the standard, larger size of store brand. I like the scent, too. What really sold me was that it works so much better than store brand soap. We hand wash a large majority of our dishes and this makes the job so much easier. The scrubbing is quicker and less effort is required. There is a lot of power in the bottle and I feel like my dishes are cleaner than ever before. I have since purchased a few other name brand dish soaps but this is my favorite so far.

Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap a Great Dish Soap!

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

I just bought my first bottle of Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap this past month. I really like this dish soap! I use a dishwasher for most of my dishes, but I like to wash my pots and pans, cutting knives and plastic containers by hand. Because I do a lot of cooking, I need a dish soap that can clean well. I decided to try Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap and I have been very happy with my decision. It is concentrated and very thick so you do not need to use very much to be effective and get dishes clean. I like being able to put a small amount of dish soap in the water and not have to put more in before the dishes are done! Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap has a great smell and does not make my hands feel dry and filmed when I use it. Cost is very comparable to other dish soaps so no need to worry about a great dish soap being to expensive to use. I also use a drop of this soap with a drop of bleach to clean my counter tops and floors. I love it!

The only dish soap I use.

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

Palmolive is the only brand of dish soap I use in my kitchen. I used to buy the original one but then tried the Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap thinking it would be better because it has oxy cleaning power, and I was right. It cleans my dishes so well, even better than the original Palmolive, which I didn't think could be possible. It cuts through the toughest of stains without me scrubbing extra hard like I would with other dish soaps. It makes my dishes clean and shiny. I even use Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap to clean the rest of the kitchen like wall tiles and marble top counter. I also use it in the bathroom because I find it to clean better than any of the bathroom cleaners I have. I use it to scrub the tiles and the skin and bathtub. It leaves them extra clean and with a nice shine.
    I have used many brands of dish soap but Palmolive is the only one I buy now. It has a very reasonable price for such great quality that lasts.

Absolute Best Dish Soap I Have Ever Used.

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

The Palmolive brand is exceptionally concentrated dish liquid and it a great buy. So when using Oxy power it becomes the best soap and de-greaser in the world for dish soap. I will not use any other dish liquid for my own dishes. The clean you get from the Palmolive with Oxy really works well. It makes them seriously shine, bright and clear. All of the baked on messes are very easily taken off when soaked in this dish liquid water. To make it even cooler, the soap is dyed the color blue! It is very concentrated so you only need a little drizzle to fill an entire sink load of dish water and suds. Palmolive dish liquid is definitely a good buy, I would recommend it to anyone I know and to all of you who happen to read this. If you buy this kind of Palmolive you really will not need to buy dish liquid for a numbers of weeks, it honestly lasts a long time. So to everyone who is looking for a new soap to wash your dishes in, go buy Palmolive with Oxy power. Make sure it is the blue bottle with the blue soap!!!

Best I've used

from Hickory Hills, IL

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

I've been using Palmolive dishing soap for yeas because it does a good job for a good price. For some reason, I had picked up the Oxy version and yesterday was the first time I'd used it. Was doing some cleaning and decided to hand wash all the knickkacks my husband has on the bookshelves. So I filled up the sink with Palmolive Oxy and warm water. Put the items in to soak for a bit. Came back later and was impressed with how soft the water felt. Never experienced that before with dish soap. It cleaned well, rinsed well and was just very soft. The bubbles lasted through numerous trips back to the sink for more items. I was so impressed, I was compelled to post this review. For years I used a dishwasher and only hand washed pots and pans or delicate items. But I now use my dishwasher for plastic container storage and hand wish all dishes. So I pick up Palmolive when I see it on sale and stock up.

Just tried this Dish Detergent and we think that it is amazing.

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

My family just tried this dish detergent, and we really love it. We will probably stick with this for a while until we find something we like as good or better. The way it smelled, the way it cleaned, the way it lathered. We really loved everything about it. It has a great fragrance, it lathered right away and really seemed to get grease and food particles off the dishes easily. We had just finished a bottle of dish detergent by a brand we have always used for laundry detergent, and were sorely disappointed with it. So now finding this brand of dish detergent, and seeing how well it fits our needs we are excited. :)

Great Dish Soap

Comments about Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap:

I moved into a new home recently, which I love, the only downside is, there is no dishwasher! and no where to put one. I tried various dish soaps, and Palmolive was by far the best, more specifically Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap. If makes the job the easiest and gets it done the fastest. This product does half the work for you because it lifts the filth right off of your dishes so you don't have to sit there and scrub for hours on end. The water from the city where I live likes to leave the dishes with a sort of spotty residue and with Palmolive Oxy dish soap I don't have to worry about that residue staying on the glasses once there dry. I definitely wouldn't have an empty sink everyday without Palmolive, but thankfully I tried it and I loved it and I won't have to try anything else. I would recommend Palmolive Oxy Dish Soap to anyone, especially those of us who are not blessed with a dish washer!