3.8

Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap

3.8

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cleaner (3)

Palmolive is and always has been the best!!

Palmolive is my tried and true kitchen favorite. Not only does it out-perform all the other dish-liquid brands, but its a brand I remember growing up with. My grandfather always had a bottle of good old green Palmolive on his sink at the farm house. Even to this day, when I wash dishes, I can remember that distinct green fragrance and it reminds me of home!

Palmolive is great at cutting grease. It makes my load of dishes clean up faster and easier than the other brands. We have hard water at home and its frustrating when we have to use so much liquid of the other brands just to get enough suds in the water. But Palmolive needs little to get even a big job done. It works great at breaking up stuck-on foods - so I have to do less hard scrubbing! Plus its gentle on my hands. With some of the other brands, my hands feel stiff, dry and tight after washing. But Palmolive leaves my skin soft without drying it out.

I also like the Palmolive is usually competitively priced at the store. Its not the cheapest brand, but when you consider how much of the cheap stuff you have to use to equal Palmolive, it probably ends up costing less in the long run.

terrible new smell

Why did they change the fragrance of the original palmolive used it for about 51 yrs and always happy but this smell is terrible going to change brands .

Madge is rolling over in her grave

from Bakersfield, Ca

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

What happened to the scent of Palmolive? It's horrible! I'm changing brands.

Palmolive Original Scent is no longer the original scent!?!?

from Houston, Texas

Pros

Cons

• Original Scent no longer the scent we know & lov

• Home

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I grew up with my mother always keeping a bottle of the Palmolive Original (Green) soap sitting there in the corner of our kitchen sink and I am now almost 40 and she still does so, but sadly this may change as Palmolive decided to fix something that wasn't broke (they changed the scent) & it now smells like all the other fly-by-night soaps. Even she is debating on changing brands, we are a family that doesn't like change and it takes a lot to provoke us to do so. I think she continues to buy it in hopes of popping the lid open on a new green container to find that nostalgic smell we all grew up with and learned to love..sadly I don't know how much longer she can take this new fruity smell.

Palmolive Dish Soap WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE SCENT? ITS AWFUL

from San Diego CA

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

Cons

• The new smell is terrible

• Cleaning

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I have used Palmolive Dish Soap for over 60 years. I can't believe after all this time someone in their hierarchy decided to change the scent. IT IS AWFUL NOW. It went from a clean smelling scent to a godawful nose irritating strong acrid smell similar to the green apple terrible smell they put in everything.

The end of a 30+ year relationship

from Wisconsin

Pros

Cons

• Changed smell and stinks now

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

The actual original formula smelled great, but they changed the formula and now it smells like someone ate spoiled fruit and then vomited it up. Nauseating.
          Can't say if it works on the dishes because I can't stomach the smell through a sinkful.
          I would give it a negative review.

Love it

from Markham, IL

• Cleaning

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I love the new smell of the palmolive regular dish soap. Before the smell was kind of strong & now it has a sweet smell.

Change scent.

from San Antonio, Tx

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I have been using Palmolive for over 30 yrs and now the scent has changed. The new smell is horrible. Now I am going to have to change to another brand.

terrible new smell

from Sparta Il

always loved it

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

For years I have relied on Palmolive to wash my dishes, and I go through a lot of dishes with a family of 6. It helps clean even the toughest of stuck on food, and is not too harsh on my hands, my children's hands, or the dishes. It also works great for washing dirt off of hands.

Good inexpensive dependable dishwashing soap

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

There are a lot of soaps out there to choose from but I am loyal to Palomolive Green. It does come in several different types such as antibacterial which is really good as it kills 99.9% of germs including Salmonella and E Coli and has a light orange fragrance which I like but have to admit I reach for the green bottle. I have used this brand for more years than I can remember. I no longer mess with soaps that are on sale as this is one soap that hands would become dry and crack. This was one of the few detergents that didn't seem to bother me and I loved the clean fresh smell. I love the clean fresh smell, the way it bubbles and it is a real grease fighter even when I have left a pan sit and this soap is phosphate-free. Even with all that I have found it mild enough to wash out some clothing on a trip and was pleasantly pleased. It comes in several different fragrances now but I am loyal to the green bottle. Makes suds that last through the rinsing and the price is a bonus. I love when I get a coupon for Palmolive in the paper and the grocery store has it on sale. Feels like I got a bonus.

Palmolive Original Dishwasher Soap...still a favorite

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

This product has been around awhile and I have to admit ever so often I try another brand, however I do find I have a way of coming right back to this liquid soap. It is strong enough to cut grease, last through a whole sink of dishes, and has the power to keep on cleaning. We started using this soap when my hands would be so dry they would crack. This was the only soap that didn't seem to irritate my hands and I appreciate that this soap seems to keep the right combination of cleaning, mildness, and it keeps the cleaning up down to the last dish. It does not overpower with a fragrance and while they now have other colors I stick to the original green. It is priced well, last a long time and I would highly recommend this good, solid product. The nice thing I can usually find it on sale or at least a coupon to make it a little more reasonable. It's a great idea to buy extra's and this is a product that does not get dated sitting on a shelf.