3.6

Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap

3.6

• Cleaning (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cleaner (3), Meticulous cleaner (3)

Palmolive is and always has been the best!!

Palmolive is my tried and true kitchen favorite. Not only does it out-perform all the other dish-liquid brands, but its a brand I remember growing up with. My grandfather always had a bottle of good old green Palmolive on his sink at the farm house. Even to this day, when I wash dishes, I can remember that distinct green fragrance and it reminds me of home!

Palmolive is great at cutting grease. It makes my load of dishes clean up faster and easier than the other brands. We have hard water at home and its frustrating when we have to use so much liquid of the other brands just to get enough suds in the water. But Palmolive needs little to get even a big job done. It works great at breaking up stuck-on foods - so I have to do less hard scrubbing! Plus its gentle on my hands. With some of the other brands, my hands feel stiff, dry and tight after washing. But Palmolive leaves my skin soft without drying it out.

I also like the Palmolive is usually competitively priced at the store. Its not the cheapest brand, but when you consider how much of the cheap stuff you have to use to equal Palmolive, it probably ends up costing less in the long run.

terrible new smell

Why did they change the fragrance of the original palmolive used it for about 51 yrs and always happy but this smell is terrible going to change brands .

Yucky New "Original" Scent!

from Jacksonville, FL

About Me Professional Cleaner

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I'm in my forties and had always loved the scent of Palmolive soap. My sweet Mama bought it for washing dishes (of course), but I also grew up around "old school" folks who washed their hair with it. Several years ago I rediscovered this green elixir with that wonderful classic scent, and have been faithfully and regularly purchasing it since. But now, for some inexplicable reason, the scent has been changed! I bought a big jug the other day and, SURPRISE! New stinky scent! "Sickly sweet" is what also came to my mind, in addition to vaguely fruity. Why does it seem that every product with a fragrance (whether it's shampoo, body soap, or cleansers for household use, or even air fresheners and newer perfumes and colognes) all have this same icky, cliche, sweet fruity fragrance? Do these people think that everyone who buys these products is a 13 year old girl who wants everything to smell like candy? And the scents of other classic products, like Pine Sol, have also been ruined. It seems nothing is safe. Fragrance is heavily associated with memories and mood. Apparently the brains at Palmolive don't share this sentimental view. Too bad. Now I'll have to shop around for another dish soap that doesn't smell like puke on a school bus. And that won't be easy.

Have to find another brand

from Toronto Canada

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I've used this dishwashing soap for years. Suddenly they "SNEAK' another line under the banner that says original. Essential Clean is now on the label. There is nothing essential about the sickly sweet scent. The old formula smelled just fine. The new one lingers and you can now smell a sink full of dishes from the door of the kitchen.
      Now I have to find a new brand

Madge is rolling over in her grave

from Bakersfield, Ca

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

What happened to the scent of Palmolive? It's horrible! I'm changing brands.

Palmolive Original Scent is no longer the original scent!?!?

from Houston, Texas

Pros

Cons

• Original Scent no longer the scent we know & lov

• Home

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I grew up with my mother always keeping a bottle of the Palmolive Original (Green) soap sitting there in the corner of our kitchen sink and I am now almost 40 and she still does so, but sadly this may change as Palmolive decided to fix something that wasn't broke (they changed the scent) & it now smells like all the other fly-by-night soaps. Even she is debating on changing brands, we are a family that doesn't like change and it takes a lot to provoke us to do so. I think she continues to buy it in hopes of popping the lid open on a new green container to find that nostalgic smell we all grew up with and learned to love..sadly I don't know how much longer she can take this new fruity smell.

Palmolive Dish Soap WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE SCENT? ITS AWFUL

from San Diego CA

Pros

Cons

• The new smell is terrible

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I have used Palmolive Dish Soap for over 60 years. I can't believe after all this time someone in their hierarchy decided to change the scent. IT IS AWFUL NOW. It went from a clean smelling scent to a godawful nose irritating strong acrid smell similar to the green apple terrible smell they put in everything.

The end of a 30+ year relationship

from Wisconsin

Pros

Cons

• Changed smell and stinks now

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

The actual original formula smelled great, but they changed the formula and now it smells like someone ate spoiled fruit and then vomited it up. Nauseating.
              Can't say if it works on the dishes because I can't stomach the smell through a sinkful.
              I would give it a negative review.

Love it

from Markham, IL

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I love the new smell of the palmolive regular dish soap. Before the smell was kind of strong & now it has a sweet smell.

Change scent.

from San Antonio, Tx

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I have been using Palmolive for over 30 yrs and now the scent has changed. The new smell is horrible. Now I am going to have to change to another brand.

terrible new smell

from Sparta Il

always loved it

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

For years I have relied on Palmolive to wash my dishes, and I go through a lot of dishes with a family of 6. It helps clean even the toughest of stuck on food, and is not too harsh on my hands, my children's hands, or the dishes. It also works great for washing dirt off of hands.