Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap

Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap

always loved it

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

For years I have relied on Palmolive to wash my dishes, and I go through a lot of dishes with a family of 6. It helps clean even the toughest of stuck on food, and is not too harsh on my hands, my children's hands, or the dishes. It also works great for washing dirt off of hands.

Good inexpensive dependable dishwashing soap

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

There are a lot of soaps out there to choose from but I am loyal to Palomolive Green. It does come in several different types such as antibacterial which is really good as it kills 99.9% of germs including Salmonella and E Coli and has a light orange fragrance which I like but have to admit I reach for the green bottle. I have used this brand for more years than I can remember. I no longer mess with soaps that are on sale as this is one soap that hands would become dry and crack. This was one of the few detergents that didn't seem to bother me and I loved the clean fresh smell. I love the clean fresh smell, the way it bubbles and it is a real grease fighter even when I have left a pan sit and this soap is phosphate-free. Even with all that I have found it mild enough to wash out some clothing on a trip and was pleasantly pleased. It comes in several different fragrances now but I am loyal to the green bottle. Makes suds that last through the rinsing and the price is a bonus. I love when I get a coupon for Palmolive in the paper and the grocery store has it on sale. Feels like I got a bonus.

Palmolive Original Dishwasher Soap...still a favorite

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

This product has been around awhile and I have to admit ever so often I try another brand, however I do find I have a way of coming right back to this liquid soap. It is strong enough to cut grease, last through a whole sink of dishes, and has the power to keep on cleaning. We started using this soap when my hands would be so dry they would crack. This was the only soap that didn't seem to irritate my hands and I appreciate that this soap seems to keep the right combination of cleaning, mildness, and it keeps the cleaning up down to the last dish. It does not overpower with a fragrance and while they now have other colors I stick to the original green. It is priced well, last a long time and I would highly recommend this good, solid product. The nice thing I can usually find it on sale or at least a coupon to make it a little more reasonable. It's a great idea to buy extra's and this is a product that does not get dated sitting on a shelf.

Palmolive Original Dishwashing Liquid: Old Fashioned Reliability

from Houston, TX

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

New products hit the stores on a daily basis and most of them have something unique or different to offer. These differences, however, are not always necessary and that is why many consumers prefer to return to using products that are established and reliable. And in the world of dishwashing, one product that has been satisfying consumers for decades is **Palmolive Original Dishwashing Liquid**.

**Dishwashing Liquid Commentary:**

Palmolive Original Dishwashing Liquid is a soapy- scented, green dishwashing liquid that produces a good deal of suds and keeps the skin free from harm. Many might recall the old advertisements for Palmolive that featured Madge- remember her? She emphasized that Palmolive was different from the competition because it was gentler on the skin and even softened them and made them feel rejuvenated.

Palmolive Original Dishwashing Liquid is gentler on the skin, but the main reason to consider purchasing any dishwashing liquid is its ability to clean. Palmolive is a good cleaning product and it has what it takes to get dishes clean with a moderate amount of scrubbing. I find that it works very well for soaking purposes. A badly stained pot or pan becomes easy to wash if first soaked in Palmolive Original Dishwashing Liquid and some water.

Palmolive Original Dishwashing Liquid is good for general dish cleaning, but it also offers two other nice advantages: Price and availability. No matter where you shop, if they have dishwashing liquid for sale, there is a good chance that Palmolive Original Dishwashing Liquid will be among the choices. And the price is inexpensive compared to others- especially some of the newer brands and styles.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

New products are great, but sometimes, all I want is simplicity and a return to basics. With Palmolive Original Dishwashing Liquid, you get exactly that. It doesn’t offer an incredible scent, all natural ingredients, or anything fancy. But it does get dishes clean and the price is right.

Palmolive Dish Soap

from Greer, SC

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

Palmolive is a great dish washing liquid. It is great on getting greasy, dirty dishes clean. Also it is gentle on your hands. Some other dish detergent are harsh on your hands and leave them feeling dry and irriated, but not palmolive. Palmolive also gives out good coupons and you can usually get the product free which is awesome, but at least a pretty good deal. Palmolive also comes in a variety of sizes so whether you need a huge bottle to last a long long time or a small bottle to use at your beach house for the week you're covered. We usually clean the majority of our dishes in our dishwasher, but the dishes that do have to be hand washed we use palmolive dish soap. It lasts a long time and it smells great. We really like using this dishwashing detergent and plan on using it for a long long time.

Palmolive is and always has been the best!!

from South Bend, IN

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

Palmolive is my tried and true kitchen favorite. Not only does it out-perform all the other dish-liquid brands, but its a brand I remember growing up with. My grandfather always had a bottle of good old green Palmolive on his sink at the farm house. Even to this day, when I wash dishes, I can remember that distinct green fragrance and it reminds me of home!

Palmolive is great at cutting grease. It makes my load of dishes clean up faster and easier than the other brands. We have hard water at home and its frustrating when we have to use so much liquid of the other brands just to get enough suds in the water. But Palmolive needs little to get even a big job done. It works great at breaking up stuck-on foods - so I have to do less hard scrubbing! Plus its gentle on my hands. With some of the other brands, my hands feel stiff, dry and tight after washing. But Palmolive leaves my skin soft without drying it out.

I also like the Palmolive is usually competitively priced at the store. Its not the cheapest brand, but when you consider how much of the cheap stuff you have to use to equal Palmolive, it probably ends up costing less in the long run.

a hand's best friend for decades

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I can remember the old Palmalive television commercials in the late 1960's and early 1970's . A beautician named Madge would be in her shop, soaking another woman's fingernails in a bowl of Palmalive . When the various women found out they woukld jerk their hands out of the bowl and Madge would tell them to relax and put their hand back in.

Madge would then tell them how Palmalive was tough on dirt but easy on the hands. I still randomly use original Palmalive dish detergent. And it is still mild on the hands while simultainiusly being tough on dirt. Palmalive has updated with various new versions of their product . And there is nothing wrong with keeping up with the times, but again I use my motto of "If it aint broke don't fix it. I will continue to use original Palmalive for as long as they continue to produce it. Original Palmalive cleans well, smells great, makes lots of suds and is priced reasonably.

cuts grease but scent is too floral

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

Palmolive Original Dishwasing Soap is effective and cuts grease but the scents is strong and overpowering, a bit too floral for me. I also find that it seems super concentrated straight out of the bottle and I can cut it with water without reducing it's effectiveness. This is a bonus I guess because you only need a little bit for a sink full of dishes and it lasts longer. I find that it works so well I don't have to let pots and pans "soak" in warm water with it, but I can clean right away. I usually squirt just a drop or two in a pan and run some warm water until it's about half full, then I scrub the sides with a sponge. Rinse with cool water and viola! pan is clean. It definitely cuts down on my time in the kitchen for cleaning.

Palmolive is my favorite dish soap

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

There seem to be a lot of varieties of dish soap now, and I've tried quite a few. I go back to Palmolive in the end, and it remains my goto dishwashing soap. I use the original scent, and I think it's very light and fresh. It almost smells like summer to me. The package is also easy to grab and use, even with wet and soapy hands.

As for the main draw; Palmolive really is soft on hands. Sometimes I even end up using it as hand soap at the sink when I know there is something particularly oily on my hands (such as butter or even paint). Palmolive is good at getting grease and oily foods off of those AND my dishes! Just a little bit of Palmolive goes a long way, and one bottle will last me months.

I don't have a dishwasher, so I will let my dishes soak in some (Palmolive) soapy water to make sure they come out clean and shiny. With the help of a sponge, all the food residue comes off easily with minimal effort from me.

Great Degreaser

from Fullerton, CA

Comments about Palmolive Original Dishwashing Soap:

I love that Palmolive dishsoap's are great for degreasing dishes, and work very well in soaking out hard, ground-in scum and dried residue that can be left behind in cooking pots and pans. They are also much more inexpensive than Dawn, and tends to last a month or so in a larger bottle. You don't have to use as much to achieve the best results, and a little goes a long way.

The only qualm I have is that the smell is just...ugh. I'm not sure quite how to describe it. You might want to be partial here, and not everyone might agree, but Palmolive's 'Original' soap has this weird mélange of cypress, pine, and vanilla with a touch of lavender. Or at least, that's what my nose is picking up here (I have a perfumer's nose). It's just a bit too cloying for me, however, it's bearable. The other ones smell perfectly fine, though.