View more smartphones

Other Smartphones:
Palm
Palm Treo Smartphone

Palm Treo Smartphone

I don't know what I'd do without it!

When I first got my Treo, it was dream come true.  Having a cell phone that not only keeps me in touch, but also organized is just amazing!  I love that I can keep a to-do list and set reminders so I don't forget anything.  I also have a planner to keep me straight on all my appointments.  And for fun, I love having games to play on my big screen like Bejeweled and Monopoly!

Do not buy this phone if you text message regularly!

Purchasing a Treo seems like a wonderful idea, especially with it's great design and seemingly endless uses.  However, upon opening and using the phone for a short period of time, I have noted several large deficiencies in the design and operation that are to put it bluntly - very frustrating and render the phone useless.

If you text message a lot, this phone is not for you, as it freezes up almost every time I write a text message and try to "chat" or exchange messages in real time.  This feature is irritating, and an exchange of text messages simply cannot be accomplished without the phone locking up for at least 1-2 minutes.  Simply unbelievable, especially as any input becomes impossible (screen and keystrokes) and the only way to fix it that I have found is to remove the battery and restart.

In addition, the design of the OS is not intuitive, and items are not easily found by any means.

I rate this phone as very poor.

smart phone really

from Florence, KY

Comments about Palm Treo Smartphone:

The first reason that I got the palm was because it can download word, excel documents and also load my 8 gig memory card to listen to various mp3, audio books, etc. I used to travel back and forth to work for about 1 year, and the commute was about 1 hour each going and coming back, so i definely used my smart phone while driving. Reception with AT and T was the best, best customer serverice and everything. I am still loving my smart phone.

Great technology - a life-changer!

from Turlock, CA

Comments about Palm Treo Smartphone:

I used to make fun of people who had a Treo until somebody bought me one. Having my contacts, calendar, notes, and phone all in one unit proved to be very helpful. I also appreciated the many software titles that I was able to download; games, diet and fitness calculators, password managers all became integral parts of my life. I have since upgraded to the very newest Palm 800W and absolutely love it!

The best phone ever

from Elberton, GA

Comments about Palm Treo Smartphone:

This is the best phone ever. It allows you to do practically anything. You can use the stylis or the key pad to operate the phone. I enjoy this phone very much because it allows me to organize things such as meetings, team practices, etc.. while at the same time I can e-mail or surf the internet. If you do not have one, you need to go out and get one.

absolutely worth the money!

from Florissant, MO

Comments about Palm Treo Smartphone:

We had the Treo 600 and the person on the other end of the phone couldn't hear us at all.  We upgraded, and boy did we upgrade.  Calls are crystal clear now, and the screen is much easier to see (brighter colors, etc).

My life in the palm of my hand.

from Farmington, MI

Comments about Palm Treo Smartphone:

The Treo650 is an excellent way for me to keep my life and schedule straight.  I have tried carrying PDAs before, and I will just leave the bulky PDA at home and grab my phone.  This works out great for me because it is just a little bit bigger than my old phone, but had an incredible amount of increased functionality.  I have a Mac and needed to sync my phone with  my iCal and Addressbook.  I purchased Missing Sync to go along with this phone and the Bluetooth sync has worked out marvelously for me!

organized

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Palm Treo Smartphone:

The item you are looking at is a wonderful gift for someone that needs one item to keep there phone book,calender, and cell phone all in order. It is specially made for someone who would like to travel with the less items as needed. You can store as much as 2000 items in this phone. Great for someone who owns a business or someone who just has a really busy schedule. Hope you make the right decision.

I don't know what I'd do without it!

from Patuxent River, MD

great phone!

from Oakville, CT

Comments about Palm Treo Smartphone:

i love it! It works really great. all my friends have it and they love it too. its a great phone and i think everyone should get one! it is awesome! I recomend that everyone buys one. It has amazing battery life and is very durable. it has great sound. and it is not to pricey. go buy one now!

Great personal planner. Blackberry still better for business.

from Enterprise, AL

Comments about Palm Treo Smartphone:

There is not a cell phone out there that has been designed to keep face off screen. Is that gross or what? BUT, they do have speaker phone. So if you have to borrow someones phone, you can tap on the speaker icon with the end of your pencil and hold it far enough to keep the ooey of your face.This Treo is great for multi tasking. If I could change anything on it, it would be the ability to set the time on automatic shut off. Or the abilty to make a call straight from the address book. These are things that may have been fixed with the newer versions. I think this is a great 'first timers' multi tasking phone. But for business, I would recommend the Blackberry.

love it love it love it

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Palm Treo Smartphone:

I love my Treo 650. Alas, I have heard that the new smartphones will not be supported by the Palm OS (operating system). I prefer the Palm platform to Windows applications-I know that's rare. The full keyboard makes texting a breeze. The internet connection has helped me find the address of a restaurant when visiting DC and then found me directions to it. It is a little heavy, but not too much so. I probably don't even use half the features, mainly it's great to have my calendar, address book, phone all in one. My only con is that lately I've had to reset the phone at least once a week or my incoming text messages pile up without delivery or notification. The camera and video are great, too. I can't say enough good things about it. I sued to have a Blackberry with a click wheel and the QWERTY technology and I hated it. Palm is so much better.