View more smartphones

PIXI PLUS
Palm Smartphone

Palm Smartphone

4.1

It is useful, but for most, Blackberry is the way to go

I absolutely LOVE this phone! The graphics are very nice, making the internet experience enjoyable. I barely need to use my home computer anymore. The Pixi is extremely easy to use. It's the perfect first smartphone for anyone. I only wish there were better apps for the Pixi. I've noticed the Pre seems to get the good stuff first. The best feature of this phone by far is the mobile hotspot that is free for the life of the phone. i love have mobile interent where ever i go and it allowed me to cancel my cable internet provider and save a ton of money every month. Love the phone for its ability to actually bring everything i use (multiple calendars, facebook, yahoo, gmail) into once place instead of searching in 5 places to find things. Love the palm profile and it ability to back all data up. This is a PDA and needs to be used as such, its not meant for a ton of apps and fun things. People need to also have the right expection of the phone. I hate the camera on the phone. It always takes unclear blurry photos. There is sand under the touch screen and I'm told that unless it messes with the touch screen its not a problem. the battery life is short, but I think that is all smart phones. This phone randomly deleted my web bookmarks and I had to do a restore which delted tons of stuff off the phone and it did not recover these things. It drops calls all the time.

This is an upgrade from my flipphone but is an adjustment

I was so happy to get rid of my old flip phone and actually be able to text, but I find that the touch-screen on this phone is very sensitive (maybe they all are but this is my only experience with one), and many times I have to try more than once (sometimes several tiems) to go to the application I want; I will be trying to scroll through to find the right application but it thinks I am selecting an app that I touch while scrolling -- very frustrating. And for some reason, the volume keeps getting turned down -- I never hear this phone when it rings, which is frustrating because I have missed numerous calls -- and then the voicemail doesn't notify me either.  I know that I have the settings correct, but it's still not functioning properly. I have to continually remember to turn the volume back up -- not sure if it is an overall design flaw or just a problem with this particular phone.  I will say that it is very durable and the keypad is pretty easy to use for texting. Overall it's not horrible but I don't know that I would recommend it...

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Centuria, WI

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

This is one of the best smartphones I have used and it includes a mobile hotspot that is free of charge. No other phone offers free mobile hotspot that I am aware of.

Battery Life
After a few short months the battery barely lasts a day.

Display/Screen Quality
Beautiful and large touch screen! Takes amazing photos for a phone.

Call Quality
On the verizon network is the only way that I can use cellular service in my ares and I have minimal issues with dropped calls.

Very easy to use and understand! Easily connects to social media.

I have a rubber case and have dropped a couple times and it shows no damage from the falls.

Perfectly fits in the palm of hand and the buttons make it so easy to navigate and send text messages. This phone goes online beautifully and simplifies my lifestyle

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

Great phone...but no support from HP

from Anderson, IN

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

This is an awesome little phone. It has a physical QWERTY (great for texting and emails). The WebOS operating system allows for true multitasking. My only wish is that the processor would have been a little quicker to handle a little more. Since HP has taken over Palm, the support for this phone has been hideous! There are so few apps for the phone it is laughable. The operating system will not be updated to handle the newest apps for WebOS. What a waste of a fantastic product to not be supported!

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

The palm pixi plus is a good phone...at first.

from Goodrich, MI

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

When I first got this phone I was thrilled. There's plenty of free apps in the Palm app super market, it has decent sound quality from the speakers and the screen quality is great. But a few months went by and I started having problems. The back case on the phone is falling apart, the rubber is separating from the plastic and makes it hard to plug in the charger. The button that silences the phone moves easily if bumped in your bag or pocket, so missing calls happens a lot unless you have vibrate on. The battery life also is another thing that needs to be worked on, using your phone continuously is a quick way to drain your battery, i.e. phone calls or playing games.

The phone also freezes numerous times a day and goes a little crazy making it frustrating to do most anything.

All in all two stars is a generous rating for this phone, I would suggest just buying an android powered phone, at least they have most of the glitches figured out with that software.

better than an iphone

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

ive had this phone since it first came out and i absolutely love it. i love how this phone is both a touchscreen and how it has a key pad. i love the way the applications open and the way you have to slide it to get rid of them. the camera is great with 3 megapixel and the storage is great. everything is nice and clear and syncing everything was so easy. i love the way the keys feel as i'm typing and it doesnt make any noise, which is great for texting while in class or at work. i love how there are many free applications and games to download from so you will never be bored. eveyrthing works almost as if it was an iphone. the battery is long life and last me almost all day, and i browse and text all the time! i would def recommend this phone. i love palm phones. i went from a palm centro to this palm pixi and i hope palm comes out with another great phone that i can upgrade to.

No Bulk - but filled with what you want.

from Post Falls, ID

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

My husband picked this phone when he upgraded from a basic Nokia. His main reason for choosing this smart phone was its compact size. He keeps his phone in his pocket so he likes it to be very thin and not too big, but he also liked having teh screen and number pad available easily. So far he is very happy with his choice. This was one of the thinnest phones available and it is lightweight. The screen is not as big as some, but plenty large enough and he enjoys being able to use his fingers on the touch screen. The keyboard is extremely small and the keys are thin, but he doesn't seem to have a problem hitting multiple keys and they seem to respond to what he is trying to type. Sometimes the screen doesn't respond as quickly as I would like, and it takes forever to turn on fully, but once going it works very well. All the features seem easy to use and the design and simple yet elegant. For a starter smart phone, this is a great choice, and even if given the option for a more technologically-advanced phone, I think we'd probably keep using this one.

Palm Pixi Plus, Fantastic!

from Palmdale, CA

Pros

Cons

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

I first got this phone about 7 months ago though AT&T. It was a free offer with a data plan so I thought I would try it out. Let me tell you, I am really glad I did. I am sure that I don't use this phone to it's full capabilities, but I am very please with what I can do with it.

First thing I did was set up my email, which was super easy to do. The email feature also ties in with my personal calendar, so I always know where I need to be. The phone has short video tutorials that walk you through everything step by step.

Then I went to the app store and downloaded some apps. They have a a lot a of free apps. As a matter of fact, I haven't paid for one yet. I have downloaded Pandora on my phone, great for FREE music. Also, the fact that I can browse the web comes in really handy now that our family is down to one computer. I can check Facebook and all of the popular sites with the push of a button.

Palms customer support is way above average and super friendly to deal with. I really like this phone!

Great first smartphone

from Callaway, VA

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

Let me start of saying that I really like this phone, but would never pay the prices a certain big cell phone company wants you to. I purchased this phone to use on a prepay network and could not be happier. I love the design, very sleek and small with a nice keyboard. The keyboard is small so is probably not for bigger finger people, but perfect for me. I have never owned a smartphone, but having used my husband's android I really like the Palm operating system. It is so user friendly and I love how you can "throw" things off the screen when you are done with that app. The phone seems to run really smoothly. The biggest disadvantage with the Palm phones is you do not have access to the better android marketplace. They do have apps available but not as popular ones (though you can get an angrybirds :). Since this is now an older phone the prices are really great right now, and when you combine that with a prepay service it makes for a great first smartphone.

Nice phone

from Fremont, IA

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

I like this phone and it does everything I need it to do.  I use it on the Verizon network and the 3g hotspot feature is great.  Especially since i get 5GB of data at no additon cost.  If you are a Verizon customer and do not need the bigger screen phones this is the phone for you

Good phone but lacks durability

from Grimes, IA

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

I bought this phone for my wife when we first switched to sprint. All in all the phone is pretty darn good. The keys, eventhough they look very small, are actually easy to type on. The touch screen is very accurate and works well. The video camera and normal camera are acceptable for what they are. The OS is amazing and I hope that palm can take this to another level with 2.0. They also need to get onboard with more apps. They are seriously lacking in that department. On the flip side though, the pixi is not very durable. My wife only had it for 7 months and she has already been through 2 covers. Also now the phone powers off on its own and switched from ring to vibrate at random. I have owned multiple treos and while the software was never exciting the hardware was always top notch. I am hoping that palm can get there act together and come out with some phones with good hardware specs and that will last a while. So all in all this is a good phone for someone who is new to smart phones or wants something that is easy to use. Anyone else you should look elsewhere.

Love this phone!

from Franklin, NJ

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

I bought this phone as an upgrade to a Palm Centre and I love it. It has an app store, where you can download an app for facebook, google, twitter and more. I have Sprint coverage so it cames with Sprint Navigation, NFL and Nascar. I have downloaded a number of different apps and I still have lots of memory left! The camera and video camera that is built in isnt the best resolution but no one is using their phone to be a professional photographer. It does the job and is easy to use. Its also blue tooth compatible so I bought a blue tooth device for my car and it works great! Love the keyboard, its the perfect size and the touch screen was a huge factor when I was shopping for phones. To open and close apps or to chose between different apps takes a slide of your finger which is an awesome feature. Makes your apps really easy to find, use and clsoe. My one complaint is that I have a hard time keeping the battery charged, I need to fully charge it every day whether I use the phone or not.