View more smartphones

Palm Smartphone

Palm Smartphone

3.8

Amazing Little Phone

I'll be honest, I have always wanted an iphone, but I absolutely despise AT&T. So when it was time for my upgrade, I decided to get the closest phone to the iphone that Verizon has to offer. I debated for awhile between phones and finally choose the Palm Pre. Best decision I ever made.

This phone is by far the best phone I've ever owned. It's fast, rarely freezes, and the screen makes it easy to multi-task.

The text messaging setup allows you to view the full conversation instead of just one text at a time.

The touch screen makes it easy to flip between apps.

The camera actually takes good pictures. It doesn't have a zoom and sometimes the pictures are fuzzy if it's dark out, but overall the picture quality is very good. It also takes good videos.

You can go on the internet and check your email anywhere! This is definitely a plus for someone who needs to be able to check your email constantly.

It has an easy to use music player.

It's comes with a mobile hotspot. This is a plus if you're somewhere without free wi-fi and need to access the internet on your laptop.

You can set as many alarms on your phone as you please.

Palm doesn't offer as many apps as the iPhone does, but with a little searching you can find some good ones. You can even play Assassins Creed on this phone!

My only complaint is that the keyboard is a little too small. If you have tiny fingers like me, it's not a problem, but people with larger fingers might find it difficult to type.

Overall, I love this phone. It really is the closest thing to an iPhone that you can get, minus all of the problems that the iPhone and AT&T have. Definitely worth the money

I wish I loved it!

I had a great little phone, but it didn't have a built in modem for going on line, so I switched to the Palm Pre Plus.  My friend decided to join me and we bought two brand new Palm Pre Pluses.  Well, we've both been heartily disappointed.  We both have had to return our phones twice - that's four times between us both.  Mysterious problems arise with the Palm Pre Plus.  We both found that our on/off switch just stopped working and the phone would just remain OFF unless you took the battery out of the back. We both discovered that the touch screen is super sensitive to cold so if you go outside in the early mornings where we live (in the mild southwest), it is still too cold to use the phone.  We have both found that the screen mysteriously just refuses to come back to life from time to time.  The reception is usually horrid.  The keys are terrible for texting.  What is good is what it looks like.  It looks so cool.  That's how I bought it - because of the looks.  Well, we returned both our phones twice (thank goodness for phone insurance) and now wish we had never bought it.  I need a modem on my phone so I'll be looking around, but just as soon as my contract is up, I'm tossing this very shaky Palm Pre Plus out the window!  Not to mention, if you are on any kind of budget, just forget it, cause you have to have an internet plan to use any of the functions.  It can run into quite a bit every month depending on your carrier.  The battery life is minimal at best, the camera has no zoom and is one dimensional, the web connection is very shakey (it is not a reliable hotspot, for sure).  I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

horrible battery life

from Canfield, OH

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

Loved the capability of this phone. Worst battery life. Could talk for 30 minutes & then had to charge the phone. Could not use phone while charging. I went back to a normal phone that is just for talking and texting.

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

My Palm Pre saved me!

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

I have had a Palm Pilot Tungsten E for years.   It eventually wore out and I needed to replace it.  Unfortunately, it is already a dinosaur and not made anymore.  To my great relief, I was able to buy a Palm Pre and have all my data transferred to my new smartphone.  Palm also offers a wonderful backup system, even saving apps I had purchased.  When my original Palm Pre got washed in the laundry, I was able to replace it with a new one and recapture all my essential data without a problem.  There automatic backup system is wonderful.  However, I miss features that I had on my Palm Pilot, such as a 'find' feature in my calendar, which I miss tremendously.  For instance, if I wanted to recall my last doctor's appt., I just had to type the Dr's name, and it would list all the appts. I had made.  I also dislike the fact that I can't advance my calendar by a week at a time.  I either have to move day by day, or punch in a date.  When looking for something on a Saturday night, it was easier to just jump from one week to the other.  Overall, though, I love my Palm Pre and keep finding new ways to use it.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is somewhat small.

I have had to replace it because the screen display cracked. Could not save some of the apps on the replacement one.

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

i dont recommend

from Hermansville, MI

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

i find i have i believe a defective one its not that easy to use buttons are small the phone has mind of its own touch screen sometimes hangs up my calls if i move away from face not impressed would do blackberry pearl overagain it does take great pics but i dont like this phone it also has now sometimes will not let me talk to other party unless i have them on speaker this phone mind of its own freezes very very very often also

Palm Pre= HORRIBLE. Period.

from Frankfort, IL

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

Do not get this phone. I've had this phove before, but luckily i got an upgrade to a new phone. But anyway, the phone is super slow, it will turn off on you whenever you will do something important on it, and over all it just sucks completely. If there is anybody wanting to buy this phone, DON'T. This phone is super slow than you think it is slow.

Palm Pre Plus

from Mount Pleasant, TX

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

The Palm Pre Plus is a great cell phone. I have had this phone for about a year now and have had very few problems with it. The main problem with this phone is the short battery life. This really bothered me when I first got the phone until I learned that this was the same problem that all smartphones have. The touchscreen took some getting used to, but I love it now. It's easy to switch between open apps. An added plus is the slide out keyboard. I like having a an option to all touchscreen. My favorite feature on this phone is the mobile hot spot. We previously have dial up for our ISP and it was slow. Since I've gotten this phone we have cancelled our dial up service AND our landline. We no longer have a need for either one since we can connect up to five devices on the hot spot. Once again, the problem is that the more devices you have connected, the faster it drains your battery. I just keep it plugged in while online. All in all, this Palm Pre Plus is a great phone with great features.

only phone i will ever buy

from Morongo Valley, CA

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

i wouldnt trade my pre for anything i love it my husband has a htc its perfect for him but i am a palm pre person for life ;0 ) call quality is great but the one feature i love is the multitasking option i can have up to 10 screens open at the same time if i need to jump around i love it and it can hold tons of stuff tons of pictures and you can even use it as a kindle ;) go get one

I would love this phone if they changed some minor details.

from Flower Mound, TX

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

This phone has so much potential, or at the least the operating system does. It is beautiful and elegant and it has a lot great features. Now I said potential because there are a lot of problems Palm needs to fix before I become a loyal Palm fan. First of all, the battery life is just horrible. At first I thought it was a defect and got my phone replaced with a new one but then quickly found out that the phone just had horrible battery life. Luckily the battery is removable, and I always had an arsenal of extra chargers and batteries with me when I was traveling. The phone is also pretty slow but once you overclock the phone, it's just amazing and beautiful. You might think it's an overreaction but trust me, once you overclock this phone there is no going back. Now the build is very Apple-like, a lot of attention to the details. I just wish they used a different material for the screen such as gorrilla glass but I know you can't gorrilla glass on a phone like the Palm Pre Plus. Oh and one more thing, the camera is not on par with other smart phones at all.

Palm Pre Plus is a great step into smartphones

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

I had been wanting a new phone for a while, but didn't want to spend a lot of money.  I was only going to upgrade if I could make the leap to a smartphone or there was no point.  Fortunately with my online upgrade options through AT&T, I was able to get the Palm Pre Plus for free!  I was a bit insecure about my decision, thinking I might want something fancier, but once I got the phone I knew I'd made the right decision.  The touchpad is easy to use, although sometimes a bit sensitive.  The large screen is easy to read even when I don't have my contacts in.  The phone itself is sleek and fits nicely in my hand or a pocket.  The slide out keyboard makes texting a breeze.  I've got both my work and personal email right at my fingertips.  I did set the email to manual because the one drawback to the phone is the battery life.  I have adjusted the screen also to help.  The phone now easily makes it through the day, but does need to be charged nightly.  The camera takes good pictures.  There aren't as many apps available but as a first time smartphone user, it has everything I need.

You have to learn a lot

from Naugatuck, CT

Comments about Palm Smartphone:

I bought this phone because I wanted a touch screen phone with a slide out keyboard because it would be too difficult to type on a touch screen with long fingernails.  I liked that it had a large internal memory and was compact.  It took me a long time to learn how to use it and get used to it. During the first month I must have said a hundred times that I am gonna return it and go back to a Blackberry Curve. But I finally got used to it and kinda liked the phone.  However shortly after getting the phone evrything started going to Android phones and Iphones and I found that my WebOS phone is really outdated already and that was only after 3 months.  New phones come out so often that phones seem to be outdated very quickly.  Much like cars being driven off the lot lose value.  The phone is okay.  The battery only lasts 12 hours though so if you do get one make sure you have an extra charged battery cause you will need it.  The camera takes great pics though.

I wish I loved it!