View more smartphones

PALM PIXI P120
Palm Pixi Smartphone

Palm Pixi Smartphone

3.9

Palm Pixi is everything in you need in your palm!

Ever since I transferred to the US, I have been looking forward on the cell phone that would best suit me. I started with a tri-band cell phone that i bought from the Philippines and just loaded a prepaid sim card into it so I'd have a temporary contact number. But thinking in advance I always wanted to have a smart phone so I could check my emails, keep in touch with family and at least have an internet capability. As April came, my husband and I decided to buy ourselves new cell phones. I immediately told him what I exactly needed and he agreed with me. So we both ended up looking at Palm's line of smart phones. He looked into the Palm Pre while I had my eyes fixed on the Palm Pixi. The moment I held it, I was elated how it perfectly fitted my grip. I have small hands and that's why its been a challenge for me to look into smart phones as most of them are bulky. Then, I browsed all the features and appreciated how it worked well with Google. Having a Gmail email account sync into the phone is great. I liked how all the MMS are arranged according to the contact who sent it which are the same contacts I have in my email account. Sweet!!! On top of all that, since I have an unlimited data plan, I can access my Facebook account any time I want or even sign into my YM account for me to chat. It absolutely keeps me in touch and updated of my family and friends. I can just take pictures and videos of my cat and dog and directly upload them to my Facebook or attach them to an email that I would send to my family. And to this I say... "The Palm Pixi is definitely everything you need in your palm!"

Slow phone full of kinks

Before I got this phone, I had the Palm Pre, and loved it. When the Pixi came out, I decided it was more my style (more streamlined, compact), and went to Sprint to get it. I really liked it at first, but now after having it for about 6 months, I truly cannot wait to get a new phone. I do not consider myself "technologically savvy" in the least, so I am kind of writing this from a "regular" persons perspective!

First off, there are some good things about this phone. It is very sleek and compact, which is very important to me, as I have a rambunctious infant who is, quite literally, a handful. For that reason, I seldom carry a purse. I can slip the Pixi in my pocket and it will not feel bulky, or take up a lot of space. The apps in the App Store are abundant. You can practically pick and chose from anything you want. And...that is pretty much where the pros end for me.

After about 3 months of having it, it started to randomly turn on and off when I was in the middle of surfing the web or texting someone. The web started to freeze up all the time, none of my pages would load. It got to the point where I had to do a hard reset on the phone, just to restore it to the original settings. That is a pain too, because the Help Menu on the phone is so AWFUL! It is just so hard to understand how to do anything! They are not very clear cut at all. So, after restoring my phone, it worked well for about 2 weeks, and then started to get buggy again. The camera is 2.0 mp (I believe), and the pictures come out pretty awful. Very grainy and blurry. I would have expected a better camera for this smartphone. One other thing I do not like about this phone is that it syncs all of my Facebook contacts to my address book. Now I have a TON of phone numbers in my book, of people I will most likely never call! You cannot delete them out of your phone book either, unless you delete them as a friend on your Facebook page. I DESPISE that!

I would not recommend this phone to anyone. I cannot wait to get rid of it!

beats the competition by a mile

from Cloquet, MN

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

Got this to replace a blackberry and I could not be more thrilled, wtfever poeple are complaining about the sound for for is beyond me, it has the easiest volume knob of any phone, and if my 87 year old mother can hear from five rooms away when I get an email, that is plenty loud enough, and I have it on the lowest volume, if you are deaf, don't buy a cell phone, it plays music louder than my ipod, and with better sound quality than my computer!, it even has decent sound on poor quality utube videos, it does have a tendency to freeze, but unlike a blackberry it doesn't stay frozen for hours, with no message, yaeh the touchscreen might not work if you hands are covered in oil, but cry me a river, what do people want miracles? It is better than the iphone cause it doesn;t come from AT&T, and is free or cheap with a plan, and is not a trendy peice of junk that doesn't work. I have given up faceboook, but it worked very well there, not that facebook ever works, so who coulf tell? it is kinda a pain on twitter, and utube is touch and go, somethings work some don't, but where like five out 3,000 videos were viewable on a blackberry it is more like 2,500 out of 3,000 on the Pixi, great tradeoff!

Battery Life
sucks

Display/Screen Quality
ok

Call Quality
great reception and knew to drop the calls i didn't want

very easy, but froze often

badly made case

it is pretty worthless

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

palm pixi is great

from Richmond, TX

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

the pal pixi it what i call the cheapest smart phone on the market. when i say cheapes i mean the price not the quality. this phone is gonna be the next level for normal phone it touchscreen and has a keey pad.

you type with the keypad.

tips

watch out for the charger insertion tab open it with care its held by a magnet and will fall out if you are rough with it.

this phone is super light probably the lightest so dont drop it too much get a case, the cases are no the best but they wil do.

get a screenprotector

also dont over use or overcharge it will glitch (minor glitches it will fix itself but might occur again and fix itself

apart from that its a great easy to use phone..

**read the manual trust me it doesnt take that long it will help**

if you dont know how to delete apps go to youtube type in **Mrhermosas and *look for the video on how to delete apps***

if you need more help messsage me via youtube search  Mrhermosas on youtube thanks hopes this helps

[Palm Pixi] WebOS, Keyboard and Small form factor all in one!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

My wife uses the Palm Pixi and loves it! I get a chance to play with it every now and then and I have to admit, the small form factor is very nice when you consider this is a full out Smart Phone with one of the best designed phone OS'es out there.  Throw in a physical keyboard (none of that virtual on-screen keyboard) and you're talking a complete package!

I have to admit that WebOS is one of my favorite OS'es mainly due to the true multitasking and the elegant interface.  Although the Pixi is a bit underpowered compared to its big brother the Palm Pre, it still does an adequate job of web browsing, emailing, messaging and game playing.  It handles Angry Birds for goodness sake.  What else could you ask for? One of the best features (although via Sprint) has to be the Sprint Navigation app. Turn-by-turn directions that can be heard through the speaker.  Many a life-saver for my wife.

If you or someone you know doesn't want to be overwhelmed by the smart phone transition, but would love having all the features of a great smart phone, the Pixi is a great place to start.

Great advancement in technology!

from Merrill, MI

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

I have had this phone for close to a year now and I absolutly love it. It has a mp3 player, camera, and web capabilities. It has a feature called a mobile hotspot, which allows you to have access to the internet on up to 5 devices. I use the internet from this phone on my laptop all the time and it works just as well as any other internet would. This phone also allows you to access facebook and watch videos on youtube. It also is a touchscreen which is very userfriendly. When buying this phone I would highly recommend getting a case for it because the screen gets scratched up very easily. Also inorder to be able to use the internet on it for you laptop you need to have the highest data package that is available so that you do not go over your allowed data usage. Plus do not use websites such as netflix to watch movies because you will go over your data allowance, which will make your monthly cell phone bill very expensive. Over all this is a great phone for the avid texter and interent user.

Great phone for it's price

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

I bought this phone about one month ago and I absolutely love it. Initially, I bought it because it was a cheap replacement for my old phone. This phone has everything I need in a smart phone. It has an incredible touchscreen. 3G and Wifi. I love the app widget at the bottom. The phone looks good too. Absolutely love the feel of the "rubbery" keypad. It feels so good to type on it. The number of free apps I can download is also good. I was easily able to configure the phone to view all my email accounts. There are programs out there that you can use to improve the utility of your phone if you are even half computer savvy, like preware etc. Overall, I have to rate this phone 5/5, because it's given me the most bang for my buck.

Don't mess with my Palm Pixi!

from Bethlehem, PA

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

I really couldn't decide what phone to get, and I didn't know anything about the Palm Pixi. But after handling it in the store and going back and forth between the sample phones, I decided on this one. Now, I'm in love, and if they ever stop making the Pixi, I will be heartbroken, because if this one ever dies, I plan on buying the EXACT . SAME . ONE . It's lightweight and easy to use. The buttons are small enough to keep the phone small, but large enough that I have no trouble pressing them. The have just a slightly tacky surface which helps me to type with my nails. Other phones are difficult because my nails just slip off the keys. I like the slim design wich fits in my pocket nicely without making a bulge. There's a flip switch on the side to conveniently set it to vibrate, and the way it goes to sleep keeps me from pocket dialing, but is still easy to wake up. Using the web, facebook, calling and other applications is very intuitive.

Love My PixiPlus!

from Falls City, OR

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

I've been a devoted LG fan for many years, I know their phones and the tricks to using all of them so when I got my Pixi it was a little daunting. I looked at it for an hour, never trying to touch a button, and eventually sat it next to me for the first twelve hours. Once activation happened and I forced myself to touch it, my life changed. It's an amazing product, I wish the vibrate was stronger and the ringtones were louder but phone is great. It holds so much without an extra source of strorage, the application selections are great, and I love the options it has to store contacts with multiple names. The syncing with facebook rules too. Great product and I'm not disappointed in anyway.

Palm Pixi is a good starter-smartphone!

from Logan, UT

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

My husband and I each got the Pixi as an upgrade from our older flip phones. We wanted something that was a smartphone, but wasn't TOO much phone for us. My husband wanted something that would play music and I wanted to have a good selection of apps - and we both wanted something that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. This phone did the trick! Our main complaints are focused on the short battery life (not even 3 hours if you're using it regularly), the slow response time with some of the features (the camera, especially) and the weak vibrate. I also think that the ringer could be louder. I have really good hearing, but I have a hard time hearing this phone unless I'm right next to it. I love texting on this phone. I went from my old basic flip phone to this smartphone and I immediately fell in love with the way they have texts set up. I just have to find the person's name and I have all my previous texts with said person right there waiting incase I need to refer to them. Overall, I think this is a good starter-smartphone.

Plam Pixi best middle ground between touch and keyboard phones

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

When I went to the store, I was going to buy a Palm Pre, but as soon as I spotted the Palm Pixi, I knew I had to have it. The phone has been reliable, but be careful about which apps you download. If the app has any kinks, it can mess with the phone. I had to have the store reset my phone to clear some free app I got. But, that's not the fault of the phone--I just love it! Also, I'm not sure if this is intentional, but every time I drop my phone (which is more often than I would like to fess up to) it automatically shuts off. This is a pain when I'm super clumsy, but it keeps my phone from getting messed up. It's a great phone and I would reccomend it to anyone who wants the freedom of a touchscreen without the coordination of a touchscreen keyboard.

It's okay,

from Mc Cordsville, IN

Comments about Palm Pixi Smartphone:

My previous phone was the centra and I really liked it, but the microphone went out on it so I had to get a new phone.   I was torn between the pixi and the pre, because of price and other reviews I decided to go with the Pixi.   Set up was easy, all my contacts had been saved in my computer, so I just downloaded it to my new phone.  However, once it downloads all your contacts from Yahoo, you can't delete them from your phone, or at least I haven't figured out how.  I like the internet, it is easy to access and works well, my problem comes when I make calls.   I have a hard time hearing, I have to turn the volume up all the way, and then can't always hear especially if I am somewhere where there is other noises.