Other Lighting & Light Bulbs:
Heating
Pacific Energy
Pacific Energy Super Insert

Pacific Energy Super Insert

Fireplace insert provides efficient heating, safety

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Pacific Energy Super Insert:

My husband wanted a fireplace insert so that our fireplace's heat wouldn't go up the chimney. I wanted safety and a more attractive fireplace. I believe we got what we wanted.

The insert was installed by our furnace maintenance person. We bought Pacific Energy because it was the brand he deals in. It's a Canadian company. We bought the Super Insert because it was a size that would fit in our existing fireplace.

Our original fireplace is not a masonry or concrete unit. It is, technically, also an insert -- a metal thing placed in the wall, with a fireplace façade built around it.  It was never meant to provide any significant heat, as running it too long or too hot could start a fire in the wall if the seams ever started to give. That was not a pleasant though. The insert solved that problem, as it is an enclosed unit, having a brick firebox.

The insert has a tight fitting door that latches. Because it's mostly glass, though, we always have a pleasant view of the fire within.

This unit is 82.6 percent energy efficient. There's a fan in the unit that blows/circulates the heat.

The damper is controlled by a lever that slides from left to right and is simple to use.

The fact is, this unit is so easy to operate that I often take care of it instead of letting "the men" do it. It requires fireplace tools. I just stir the wood remains around and then throw another log on the fire and close the door.

I believe we got this unit in 2008. We've used it for two winters so far and are very happy.