3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Good Web Site for Buying Clothes for Teens

Shopping on- line for clothing is a rare occurrence for me. As much as I love using the internet for purchasing goods and services, I have never liked shopping for certain items on- line and clothing is one of them. But if I'm looking to buy clothing for someone else, well, then my opinion changes entirely. One site that is good for shopping for teenage apparel is **Pacsun.com**, an on- line store for clothing purchases and more. **Web Site Commentary:** Clothing web sites are among my least- visited of all on- line stores. Some of them offer good deals but my reluctance to purchase clothing on- line stems from the fact that, unlike books, CDs, DVDs, and other items that I commonly purchase via the internet, clothing isn't standardized and just because something looks good on a screen doesn't mean it will look good or fit properly when it arrives in the mail. When it comes to buying things for other people, like birthday or Christmas presents, then I have no problem shopping on- line for clothing and it was precisely this need for a gift that led me to Pacsun.com. This on- line store claims to offer ‘surf and skate inspired clothing, shoes, and accessories' and while it actually offers a wider variety of clothing than that, it is also known for offering fashionable clothing that most any trendy teenager or young adult will find acceptable.  One other important factor with any on- line retailer is the competitiveness of the pricing and this is one area where Pacsun.com scores some extra points. The prices in this site are very good- often less than other sites that sell the same brand names. And it is common to find specific items marked down in price, sometimes by 50 percent or more. These special prices are found within the regular categories themselves and they are designated by "Was" and "Now" followed by the before and after prices.  One note about the shipping: The slower methods are usually faster than they claim. Standard shipping, for example, says it takes from six to eight business days. From my experience, the merchandise arrived in only five working days. For a shipping charge of nothing on orders of $99 or more, I have no problem waiting five working days to get my order. The savings in shipping is worth it and it makes Pacsun.com more economical. Other nice things about Pacsun.com include the appearance of its web site and the ease of use. The site has a nice look to it, with plenty of human photos and models wearing some (but not all) clothing. Each clothing item gives web surfers the option to view it in different colors (if any exist) and from front and back. Accessories also offer views of the front and back and some offer a zoom view or larger view (which, actually, isn't very much larger). But there are no other options available. I think what Pacsun.com offers is good enough but I know that some clothing and accessory shoppers like to be able to see the merchandise from different angles- something that isn't offered at Pacsun.com.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, I like Pacsun.com and I recommend it as a place to shop for the latest styles and brand name clothing and accessories for teenagers and young adults. This site offers good prices, including sale prices that are difficult to beat. I likely will continue to resist buying clothing on- line for myself but I *will* buy it for gift- giving purposes and Pacsun.com is a site I intend to continue visiting in the future. Very good deals, free shipping on orders over a set level, and a respectable selection make this a good on- line clothing store.

Pacsun is a great store for teens!

Hello. I have shopped in Pacsun for a while now, and they have a ton of clothes. I currently love the jeans they sell. I bought two pairs just yesterday. Although their sizes are a little bit off. (About 2-3 sizes up of whatever you are). This can get irritating, but if you find the right size, the jeans lay wonderfully on you! I absolutely love them. Their style is a bit skaterish. Of course they always have things on sale in the back if your budget concious but, they do have a ton of cute tanks for a good price. They sell bags, shirts, jeans shoes. It's a perfect store for a teen, i'm sure anyone can find something in Pacsun. It's not one of my favorites, but it's a good store to shop in. I like it and im sure you will too. The people their are also very friendly and the atmosphere is nice. I usually buy my bathing suit their for the summer season. Okay well, bye! Hope I helped somewhat lol ;)

remove the up side down American flag

from new York

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

I will never shop at a store that disrespect our flag. I will be spreading the word to others and they won't be shopping at your stores either.

Good prices.

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

I've visited the PacSun retail store many many times over the years and just recently started shopping on the website. I should of started shopping on the website much sooner.

They have a much better selection on the website than they do at the stores, and I love being able to browse from the comfort of my house or from my phone.

I've placed a lot of orders through the website in the past year and have been overjoyed with how quickly the shipment has been and how much money I have saved by shopping there online sales and clearance selections.

I shop mainly for accessories, but I have bought some tank tops from them and have been happy with them as well.

Overall shopping on PacSun's website is a great experience.

The website is easy to navigate, easy to use and we'll organized.

Product Selection
Product selection is really good, the only downfall is there sales and clearance sections usually sell out pretty fast.

Fun, Beachy Store

from MI

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

Pacific Sunwear - or, PacSun.com - is a really cool clothing store with a really fun beachy vibe. While they do carry beach and surf items, they also carry a whole lot more than just swimsuits. PacSun.com sells full line of clothing for men and women, as well as shoes, handbags, sunglasses, jewelry, swimwear, and so much more. The clothing and products they sell are really great quality from some top brands. Everything I have ever purchased here has been of excellent quality.

The website is nicely organized and easy to navigate, everything is laid out by gender - men/women - and then you can search by brand, style, etc. There is also a large "sale" section that offers nice discounts on products. Additionally, if you sign up for PacSun.com emails, you can receive sale notices and discounts in your email inbox.

Overall it's a really fun store with a great vibe and quality merchandise. I think it's a fun place to shop and will continue to do so.

• Shipping and Returns:

Good deal, but act fast!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

I came across Pacsun.com one day by accident when I was searching for cargo shorts and now I make sure to browse the site every couple of days. I was able to get a pair of cargo shorts for $9 shipped in the clearance section. There always appears to be sale whenever I visit the site. On top of that there is always a promo code that I can stack on top of the savings. Because there is always some sort of deal available items tend to sell out quickly. I never have to worry about receiving a cancelled order email because inventory is updated by the minute. I have on several occasions watched items disappear from my cart because some one else purchased them before I finished shopping. I have been able to avoid this happening lately once I started using their option to pay through Paypal. This option provided by Pacsun.com has allowed me to complete orders in less than 10 seconds. All of my orders have been delivered in a timely fashion with free standard shipping.

Love it!

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

I have loved shopping at PacSun for years. Unfortunately the nearest store is an hour away from where I live so I do not get to visit it very often. That is why I absolutely love the PacSun website! They offer a large variety of products to browse through. I have found that the online website has even more products to choose from than the actual store does. Also, on the website they have always had the size I need, but sometimes in the store they are sold out. The site itself is very easy to use. They have all the products available sectioned off into different categories, so they are very easy to look through. My favorite thing to buy on the online site is shirts and jewelry. They always have a the most up to date fashion available! Also, there are a lot of specials that you can find on the website that you would not normally receive in the store.

Since the products are in categories it is really easy to find what you are interested in.

Product Pricing
I think the online site offers even better prices than the actual stores do.

• Shipping and Returns:

Would definetely recommend pacsun.com if you're feeling beachy!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

I recently ordered some clothing from pacsun.com after hearing about a celebrity line of clothing at this retailer. I was really interested in trying out the Kendall and Kylie Jenner line of clothing and I purchased a top and a pair of jeans from this website. Overall, I feel like I had a very positive experience shopping at this website.
First of all, they have a wide selection of both female and male clothing. This website has clothing aimed more towards teenagers or young adults, its very trendy. They have a lot of high quality brands such as Roxy. I love the surf slash hippie vibe of the clothing and the items I purchased were comfortable and had a good quality feel to them.
I would definetely consider purchasing from pacsun.com again in the future. They have a very different vibe and living in a beach community I love this style of clothing. The shipping rate was affordable and the clothes were a little pricey but the quality warrants a higher price tag. I feel like you really do pay for quality when it comes to this website but you won't be disappointed. It was a very fun and easy shopping experience and I have absolutely no complaints!

I love pacsun

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

I have been shopping at Pacsun since I was in junior high school, but they closed the Pacsun down in my town so now I can only shop on the website. They have always had great customer service in store and online.

Recently on Pacsun.com I got a nice pair of jeans that were originally over $50, and I got them for about $25 plus free shipping. They were brand new, high waist Bullhead Uber High Rise jeans in a nice spice camel color. I was so excited when I got them because they were exactly the same as the American Apparel Easy Jean but at a much cheaper price. I wear these jeans all the time, and they have held up amazing. I have had them for a few moneys and they still look brand, and just as good as the day I bought them.

The shipping was free and very fast. I received my jeans in about 3 days if I remember correctly, so they were here by the time the weekend started.

I can always count on Pacsun.com to give me all the trendy brands and items at a great price. Like I said I love their instore Bullhead brand jeans. I also like that they carry Billabong, Hurley, Married to the mob, Roxy, LA Hearts, and more.

I also needed help picking out a size, and I contacted Pacsun.com customer support and the employee helped me pick out the perfect size based on my waist and hip measurements.

The only thing about the website that I don't like is that they have some in store exclusives, and since the closest pacsun store is an hour away I would prefer to shop online. If they would add the items from the store online the website that would be great!

The website is very easy to use, they have a guys and a girls side. They have a great selection of different brands and items. I like how they keep updating their website to make it easier to navigate through.

Product Selection
They have a great product selection, but they don't always have the same items online or in the store. Sometimes they only have products that you can get in the store like Brandy Melville. Which is a disappoint because I wish I could buy Brandy Melville items online at pacsun.com

Product Pricing
I think the prices are really great for what you great. They have amazing quality items, at very affordable price.

Customer Service
The customer service online is great, I can always email them about questions I have and they are always quick to answer. I recently needed help to pick out a size of jeans, and the employee helped me to pick out the perfect size of jeans. The employees in the store are really nice as well.

Shipping and Returns
The shipping was fast. It only took a few days to get my item. I've never returned anything from Pacsun but I do know that they will give you a refund with your item and receipt.

Hip, Beach Wear!

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

I enjoy shopping at PacSun.com when I am looking for unique shirts for my husband. He loves getting beach style, short sleeve, button downs that have a unique design. PacSun.com offers a lot of cool styles that my husband always likes. I prefer shopping online then going into the store because my husband is a size medium and that is usually sold out in most of the styles at their retail locations.

The website is very easy to use and has everything categorized by sex and type of clothing.

Product Selection
I love going to pacsun.com because they offer a larger product selection and they always have more sizes in stock.

Product Pricing
PacSun's pricing is pretty average for the type of retail store they are. They are not super expensive but they are not cheap either.

Customer Service
I have never experienced issues therefor I have never had to use customer service online.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is quick and easy and Returns can go to your local retail location.

Good site!

from Kansas

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

Pacsun.com is great for "surfer" or "California" type clothing and accessories for teens and young adults. They have the top brands in the "surfer" genre of clothing. They have pretty good prices, especially, when they have sales. The closest PacSun store is 2 hours away for me so being able to shop online from them is very convenient.

Pacsun.com is easy to navigate and everything is categorized for you. You will find name brands at a pretty good price. They have excellent sales on their website and occasionally have online only deals. They have shipping deals sometimes, right now it's $2.99 shipping on all orders for a limited time.

I have never had problems with my shipping or the items I received. They usually shipped pretty quickly.

I recommend Pacsun.com. It's easy to use and they have a huge "California" inspired clothing collection. Watch their sale items and you will end up getting a really good deal on name brand clothing.

• Shipping and Returns:

Trendy adults and teenager clothing

Comments about PacSun | PacSun.com:

Their website is fun to browse and even more fun to shop. I recommend for surf-type items and back to school shopping, as their name brand products are high quality and will last.

The site is laid out simply. The category you are looking for is at the top of the page. Hover of it with your pointer and sub-categories will appear. Select what you are looking for and items will pop up.

Product Selection
They have a huge selection of clothing as well as shoes, accessories, backpacks, perfume and more. If you want a certain brand, the site has the option to shop by brand. The sizes and colors of each item are endless. They don't skimp on the product options.

Product Pricing
A bit expensive. However, their entire store is name brand clothing and accessories. Helpful hint: For first time website users, they always offer a percentage off of your first purchase. Sign up for that and save.

Shipping and Returns
Every time I've placed an order with Pacsun, I have received fairly cheap shipping. I have never seen them NOT offer a low shipping option. Either that, or they offer a ''spend X amount and receive free shipping'' option.