4.1

PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B

4.1

Pros

Cons

PUR 3 Stage Faucet Mounts are the only Filter we use!

We have tried a few different faucet mount filters.  We live in a rural area and our water isnt very good.  After installing the PUR 3 stage Faucet Mount(Chrome, matches our kitchen), there was a drastic difference in our water.

Our water used to not only taste bad, but was discolored, and caused severe soar throats.  Now its like magic, the bad water is gone! It comes out clear, it tastes better, it doesnt leave a residue in what ever conatiner were using it in(i.e. glass, plastic etc), and it doesnt give us that dreaded soar throat!

The taste is great too! Its clear, crisp, and clean! The water pours out with mild cloudiness(but we have VERY hard water with a VERY high iron count)that clears up in seconds-rather than waiting the few minutes it used to take prior to using the filter.  There is no more after taste, the water tastes natural and fresh.

The three stage filter is affordable and lasts quite a long time! We only change our unit once every 4-6 months and we use it for just about everything! I love the quality of the Chrome finish as well! it holds up to rough messes and scrubbing the messes clean with no scuffing.

Iw ould definetly reccomend this product to someone else!

Pur water filtration systems are not for every household

I have owned two **PUR 3Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome **water filtration systems and I had the same unfortunate results...the water filter came unfastened from the faucet and was useless.  It seems that it requires a gentle touch to use the filter.  If you keep the filter upright to filter your water all the time you will use up the filtering rather quickly.  The movement of moving the filter vertical and then horizontal time after time puts a lot of strain on the connection to the faucet and ultimately failure of the connection.  For me it would be wonderful if Pur could provide a stronger connection to a faucet to prevent it coming off during use.  On the other hand, the water was definitely cleaner and actually had no nasty aftertaste when you drank a glass of purified water.  I also found it to be stylish and contemporary and fit in well with our rather plain kitchen.  I can certainly recommend Pur water filters but I caution anyone who gets one to take it easy when handling the filter to prevent putting too much stress on the connection to the faucet.  My other thought is that the filter really slows down the flow you normally get from the faucet, so patience is also necessary when using it.

PUR 3 stage faucet mount filter saves us money!

from Gulf Shores, AL

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

We are very particular about our drinking water, and used to only buy bottled water. We never drank from the tap because we didn't like the taste and were concerned with what was in the water itself. When we first had our son, we bought baby water for his formula, but it added up quickly and it was a pain to have to go buy constantly. We decided to try a filtration system and researched them online. We came across the PUR faucet mount system and were hooked! We absolutely love this system! It easily attaches to your kitchen faucet and lets you use filtered water for whatever you'd like...drinking, cooking, etc. If you just need regular water, like for the mop bucket, you rotate the filter up and regular water comes out. That way, you don't waste the filter. The filters last a very long time, though, and you can easily monitor how much you have left with the gauge on the top of the filter itself. The water tastes great, and I feel good about giving it to my son. Plus, we've saved so much money not buying bottled water constantly! Plus, it's better for the environment, which I really like, too.

Never Reach 100 Gallons

from Endwell, NY

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

I have been looking for countertop water filter unsuccessfully. Therefore I have to use PUR faucet mount 3-stage water filter in the meantime. We need the filter becuase we are using old pipes and we are not sure if those rust inside, so we need a filter to give us assurance. Overall, the filter does its job pretty well but also has a lot of negatives. First, it difficult to mount and install. The unit wouldn't stay on the faucet and I have to use rubber bands to make it stay. Second, the filter is slow. It takes forever to fill up one gallon of water. Third, it seems that the filter has to be replaced constantly. I have been keeping track and honestly, it never reached 100 gallons of water before the unit signaled (the sign turned from green to red) that the filter needed to be replaced. The maximum is 89 gallons as of today and I am very disappointed in its claim of 100 gallons. The filters aren't cheap and it's quite annoying to do the assembling and disasembling all the time.

Great Tasting Water

from Bowling Green, KY

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

We received a PUR water faucet mount for our wedding in white that cracked extremely easily. Although it cracked easily, we loved the taste of the water that the filter proviced, so we replaced it with the PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome. Since then, we have had zero problems with the mount cracking. The PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome was extremely easy to install and easy to turn on and off. The Faucet Mount itself was relatively inexpensive, but the replaceable filters are pretty expensive to buy. Thank goodness the Mount came with a couple of filters and they last for a fairly long time. I also do not use the filtered water to wash dishes so that I can extend the life of the filter. The only negative aspect of this filter is that the water pressure lessens when you use the filter, so it can take up a bit of time to fill a pot of water to boil for cooking. We often find ourselves not using the filter for cooking because the pressure is often so low when running through the filter. However, it is great for taste and we love using the tap as our drinking water and saving money on bottled water!

Not quite what I was looking for

from Fair Haven, MI

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

The PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount in chrome is a nice looking extension to my kitchen faucet. I like the chrome color much better than the usual white that these come in. I purchased this without doing too much research and installed it myself. It goes on very easily and quickly. The unit has a nice feature of being able to turn it off and use unfiltered water if necessary. I guess the thing I don't like is that it doesn't filter out all of the contaminants in water. It just does an okay job. After researching water filtration in more depth, I've decided that I am going to get an under the counter model that filters out much more such as chlorine and fluoride. I almost feel like this little unit is more expensive in the long run because of it's relatively short lifespan. I also don't like how low it hangs since my sink is already quite shallow - it's hard to get my pots and pans under it to fill.

A must have

from Larksville, PA

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

I absolutely love my Pur faucet filter. I've had this filter for about 3 months and it's still going strong with the same filter cartridge. Installation was super easy, just find the faucet adapter to fit my sing and snap it on. Before getting this filter I would never drink our tap water. Now not only am I drinking more water but it makes everything I use it for taste better. I mainly use it for drinking water and brewing coffee. It is a bit big and clunky in my sink and sometimes gets in the way when doing dished or filling big pots but it's really easy to remove. Just push in the two small white clips on the sides and it pops right off. Very handy when I'm in a hurry and can't maneuver around it. One click and it's back on when I'm done. The cost of the system itself was cheap compared to how much I would normally spend on bottled water and the fliter replacements are also affordable. I haven't had to replace my filter yet after 3 months so I've already saved money with this product.

Pur 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount is just to good to be true.

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

I will say that this Pur 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B Water Filter is so worth the small amount  that it cost to have it in my home. I was one of those that would buy bottle water, but not any more. Having this right at home makes it so much easyer to be drinking great tasting water. I feel that it does a great job in filtering the water, so that every glass of water is very refreshing to drink. It has turned out that I feel that now I'm doing something good for this earth by not buying bottle water. It was very easy to install, and it does look good in my kitchen.I like the fact that I don't have to be changing the filter all the time. You get a long amount of time with your filter. Some may feel that their water pressure gets a little lower by using this, but for me that is not the case. My water now is worth drinking, doesn't taste funny anymore. Give this a try,and stop buying bottle water.

awesome

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

I absolutely love this product! The PUR 3 Stage Water Filter Vertical Faucet Mount is the best water filtration system I have ever owned. This product has yet to disappoint me in any way ,shape ,or form. It is a bit pricey but it can usually be found on sale. I only buy the 3 pack replacement filters when they are on sale or with a coupon. Single replacement cartridges are just too expensive. This product is great at removing impurities found in almost every water supply be it impurities in the pipes or in the water itself. IT will reduce water pressure when you are filtering water but that is to be expected. Water tastes great after it has been filtered through the PUR 3 Stage Water Filtration Vertical Mount. I purchased mine in white to match my other appliances. I have since purchased this product as a house warming gift for several relatives and friends .I definitely recommend this product to anyone out there that is in need of such a device.

The Pur 3stage faucet filter is essential to my life!

from Utica, NY

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

The PUR 3- Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B is an essential part of my daily life because I am an avid water drinker, I always have been, I love clear, cold, fresh and crisp tasting water and where I come from, the tap water is less than satisfactory to say the least, I can smell the chlorine in it and see that it is not as pure and clean as I'd like it to look, it makes me cocerned about the contents of the water that I drink on a daily basis. But when I use the Pur 3-Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B, I can not smell the clorine anymore and also the water looks as clean and pure as it should be. I also like the slide-to-the-side feature of this faucet-mount, it is convenient on many occaisions, mainly when I have to maneuver the water jug to be filled around the dirty dishes in my sink! I don't know what I'd do without fresh, clean, filtered water everyday from my PUR filter!

Better than bottled water

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

Our household use to spend alot of money on bottled water. I was looking for a solution to reduce my monthly grocery bill so i thought to c ut of the price of water bottles and i bought a brita pitcher. It was a good solution but since we drink aloooot of water so it wasnt a permanent solution infact it was a hassle to fill the pitcher everytime you drink the water so finally i bought this PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome. It did the job quite well but the only problem is that it doesnt fit perfectly on our faucet. The water leaks around the edges . But somehow i fixed it by using washers in it. In our area you can not drink that water directly from faucet as there is so much chlorine in water. This filter system does good job in taking that smell away. But the filters are kind of expensive. But i figured out that it is cheaper than buying bottled water.

A great water mount filtration system - instant and fresh water

from Denver, CO

Comments about PUR 3 Stage Vertical Faucet Mount Chrome FM3700B:

I had switched over from Brita to Pur and I will never go back. I really like the instant filtration of the water instead of having to wait for the drip-drip-drip method that took forever with the brita filter and it's comparable products. What I really like about Pur is at the flick of a switch, it instantaneously provides clean, fresh, filtered water. I like how it swivels easily and how it mounts on so easily onto the faucet. I have grown quite fond of it, and it provides a nice LED looking indicator of when to change the filter. It's green when it's still good to go and yellow when it's almost ready to be changed out , and then red when it's expired. It's an easy set-up, and in the beginning, all you need to do is let the water run through it for 5-10 minutes or so. It has lasted me much longer than it would have had I gotten a Brita or a comparable filter. It's actually lasting me twice as long.