Other Stain Removers:
OxiClean

Cons

Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover makes me breath so much easier!

There are so many products available that claim to do things that they just do not do. Especially when it comes to getting stains out of clothes or carpet or whatever is stained.  I know his to be a fact because I have bought more than my fair share of such products. I have a large family by today's standards...myself, my husband of 23 years, and 4 children. I use **Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover **on at least one or two items of clothing in every load of laundry I wash, without exception. Because it works. It removes stains and makes our clothes look brighter and cleaner, which is very important because I need my 4 boy's clothes to last so that they can be handed down. Especially in this economy. It is so much less expensive to buy and use Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover, which keeps our clothes looking great and stain free, than it would be to have to throw out stained, grungy looking clothing.

Now when I tell you this product works, I'm not just talking about it working on a tiny little drop of ketchup or a drip of coffee. Three of my boys play baseball on red clay GA baseball diamonds. Their uniforms get so filthy they look as if it would be impossible for them to ever look even decent again. But, game after game they show up in stain free, clean uniforms because I use Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover. The other baseball moms have asked me how on earth I keep their uniforms in such good looking condition. I tell them I owe it all to Oxiclean. Then there's my oldest son who works part time in a pizza place. Pizza sauce is pretty stubborn to remove from clothing after setting in all day, but the Oxiclean gets those stains out. It also works on carpet and my mini-van's cloth seats. I don't know how I would begin to remove blue, purple, green, and even red sports drink stains from spilled bottles and cans without this product. Thankfully, there's Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover, so I don't have to worry about it. They use oxygen in their product, I use their product, it removes the most stubborn stains imaginable, and I breath much easier. If your household has stains, don't settle for anything less than Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover...you will just be wasting your money.

Stain Remover Not! Oxi Clean Multi-Purpose Stain Remover

When I first saw the infomercials on TV for **Oxi Clean** I was amazed!  The **Oxi Clean** man had a tub of soapy water to which **Oxi Clean** was added.  When he would drop in an oily, dirty piece of cloth, it would miraculously come out clean!  He would also demonstrate how to remove a stain from a piece of carpet with a bottle filled with a solution of **Oxi Clean** and water.

I am easily impressed, so I went out and bought a large tub of this magical **Oxi Clean**.  It is supposed to be a multi-purpose stain remover.  The company claims that **Oxi** **Clean** removes stains from wine, juice, pet messes, and any organic stains and odors.  You are supposed to be able to control the strength of **Oxi Clean** to match your problem.

**Oxi Clean** is a chlorine free stain remover which is in the form of tiny white crystals. Fine blue specks are visible in the white crystals.  It smells as any box of laundry detergent would.

**Oxi Clean** can also be used for soaking laundry, aquariums, trash cans, coffee makers, and just about anything that needs cleaning.

The directions state to use warm to hot water to dissolve the crystals thoroughly and always check for colorfastness before use by applying the **Oxi Clean** to an inconspicuous spot and allowing it to dry.

I have used **Oxi Clean** for various cleaning jobs and I just haven’t seen the magic.  I tried the **Oxi Clean** solution on juice that was spilled on my carpet and all it did was make my carpet a soppy mess. I added  the heavy strength amount of Oxi Clean to a load of cleaning rags and the stains remained.   It does nothing for my laundry and don’t ever make the mistake of adding a scoop of Oxi Clean to a cold water wash cycle or a dark load of clothes.  Your clothes will be coated with Oxi Clean granules.

**Oxi Clean** is made for Orange Glo International, Inc.

Thank you for reading my review.

Not the best

from Buffalo, NY

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Weak Function

• Cleaning
  • Home

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

My husband is a chef and I'm always trying to find new products to get the stains out of his chef coats. I find oxi to be very weak I soak his coats overnight in oxi clean and wash them the next day and has very little affect on the stains. However I will say that oxi works great for stains in carpets.

Do Not Use On Colors

from Florida

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• None

Cons

• Label Print Too Small
  • Misleading Instructions

• None

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

I bought this product to whiten some towels. Since the label stated safe for all colors I also put some stripped dishtowels in the load. They came out with the colored strips streaked. Looked awful. When I called customer service the rep said I had likely used too much of the product. No I didn't. I used one scoop as directed. This product also left a residual in my machine that was hard to rinse out.

The best stain remover!!

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • Laundry Room

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

I absolutely love OxiClean. I use it in every load of laundry. It is so simple to use. I sprinkle a scoopful onto my clothes before I start the washer. When I take my clothes out the washer they smell so fresh and look so clean.

Oxi-clean

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

I have only tried Oxi-Clean just a handful of different times. I basically bought it to get out a stain out of my carpet. My son spilled his cup of red koolaid all over my beige carpet. I tried other carpet cleaners and the stain would NOT come out. So I decided to give Oxi clean a try. It took a few treatments, but the red koolaid stain eventually came out. It is very easy to use to remove stains from your carpet. You mix the Oxi clean powder with water and dab the spot with the Oxi clean solution, rinse, then after it dries vacuum. I have also used oxi clean to boost the color of my white clothes. Oxi clean seemed it did a nice job at making my white clothes look more brighter and newer.

OXI CLEAN EXCEEDS MY EXPECTATIONS!

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

I've been using Oxi Clean for a few years now, and have always been satisfied with the results I get when adding it to the laundry with my regular detergent. I've seen the commercials on TV, but thought nothing can completely remove stains that well. Yesterday, I witnessed it for myself! I have a beautiful hand crocheted doily that is all of 45 years old - no kidding. It was made for my mother by our filipino housegirl when we lived in the Philippine Islands. I was only in 6th grade at the time. I inherited this doily & used it over the years. Somehow it ended up in the laundry room with brown stains all around the edges. I was afraid to wash it because of its age, so it stayed there for several months. Then it hit me - why not try soaking it in Oxi Clean? What do I have to lose? To my amazement, after soaking about half an hour in hot water with Oxi Clean, then rinsing it out, it looked almost new! I was blown away! I only wish I had taken a "before" picture. It is now on my antique end table again, and I can't help but notice how beautiful it looks every time I walk by!

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder is a good stain blaster and cleaning product. I like the price point of oxiclean over the other leading chemical laden whiteners and laundry boosters.
    I use this product on whites as well as darks. It does not make the colors bleed nor does it create white spots on the dark clothes, as does detergents that say they have color friendly bleach. I have found that they neither work nor do they brighten my loads.
    Doing laundry is a big deal and a lot of manual labor, even with all the modern clothes washers and dryers, so when I do expend the labor necessary to maintain clean clothes and catch up on the pile that seems to happen overnight, I want to know I am using something on my clothes that helps them clean brighter and creates that clean spark that makes the labor done right, well worth the energy expenditure.
    This product is harsh on the hands so I use gloves when cleaning with it, like the bathtub, which gets exceptionally white when I sprinkle this on the porcelain, claw-foot tub, let it sit and work its magic, then when I scrub it off, the shine in the tub is inviting a bath to clean all the grub off of me from cleaning the house!

Oxiclean removes the stains

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

I buy a lot of vintage linens and tablecloths from the forties and fifties at estate sales and needless to say many of them come along with stains from fifty years ago. As I resell them , I want them to be stain free and clean for the new owner. I have used cheaper versions of OxiClean but none seem to work as well as this. It really removes the stains. It works a lot better in hot water than cold water for stain removal. I have used it on dirt stained jeans and clothes and it works well on them as well. I Do Not suggest you use it on delicates or thin fabric as I have had it eat holes right through it. But on your normal laundry or sheets it works fine. Also would be much too harsh on baby clothes and I don't recommend using it on them due to their sensitive skin. I like the product, it has no scent but cleans as well as Borax or other stain removal products. I like the product, works well but is very expensive.

It really works!

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

UGH, just the other day I caught my husband adding liquid bleach to his sock laundering. He said that it gets them clean. Yeah, it gets them clean and weakens the fabric. Oxy-Clean Versatile Stain Remover Powder gets clothes clean. But, unlike liquid bleach, it doesn't eat holes in your socks, or make the threads weaken to the point of having your socks stretched out of shape. It's great for stained light-colored clothes. I wash socks and white undies in hot water and they come out white and clean. I use it on colors with cold water and have never noticed any fading. I don't add it to every load, because it's not always necessary. But, it has gotten grass stains out of the tennis shoes I wore when I mowed the lawn. And I really used to use it a lot when my children were little and would play in fast food play places. Their socks were disgusting after they played there, but Oxy-Clean would get them clean. I use a smaller than recommended amount in my front-loading washer and have never had a problem with it.

i cant live without this

from New York, NY

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

I don't use bleach on my clothes anymore. this is especially great on towels. after my monthly cycles this is what I use to clean up the stains from my underwear. be careful , however.
    the first time I used this product I thought it was like bleach. apparently its not. I soaked my underwear for a bit and it ate thru my underwear. I still have it as a reminder as not what to do. I stock up on this whether there is a sale (never) or not.
    I haven't found anything yet that I cant use this for. if you read the instructions they will tell you that you can use oxiclean to clean practically anything. for tough heavy jobs you may want to make a paste and leave it for several hours. also I would use gloves when using this cause it leaves your hands slippery and if you need to apply elbow grease you don't wanna be slipping all over the place.
    I only buy the oxiclean product full strength. I don't buy it mixed with something else so I cannot comment on those products.

OXYCLEAN REALLY WORKS!

from Mountlake Terrace, WA

Comments about OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder:

I put off trying Oxy Clean in my laundry because it was so advertised on info commercials which I always think sound too good to be true. My best friend told me to give it a try. I had a small container that I had used to clean something with a long time ago and so I thought I would give it a go since I just had that little tub sitting there for ages and wouldn't have to buy it. And I really was shocked and amazed that it worked so well! I tried it in colors in just warm water and whites that I wash in hot. My friend told me that it made the colored clothes brighter.. and it really did! And the whites, especially grungy old terry dishtowels really were noticeably cleaner and whiter! Also, I have a number of old shirts that had grease stains on the front that I have been using just to wear around the house because of the spots on the front.. it has even been taking out those!! Every wash the stains are getting less noticeable and I really think they will completely vanish! One of them is so cleaned that I am again wearing it out! I must say I am amazed that some over advertised product actually does what it says! Needless to say I rapidly used up that little tub and bought a big box of Oxy Clean. I used to use fabric safe liquid bleach and even regular old chlorine bleach but never again. They can't hold a candle to Oxy Clean