Other Stain Removers:
OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray

OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray

Pros

Cons

Oxi Clean is great, but we don't use it for laundry.

My husband bought the OxiClean at a friend's suggestion for removing leftover residue after stripping wallpaper. He says it worked well for this purpose. He's also used it for getting a very stubborn stain out of a carpet in a rental property and said that though the stain was deep, OxiClean got most of it out and he was happy.

Neither of us have ever used it for laundry.

I like OxiClean for washing walls in preparation for painting. The stuff amazes me. The walls had been rather gross from hand and finger prints, body marks by beds (I guess the kids like to wedge themselves against the walls or lean their arms against them when sleeping), pencil and crayon marks, and those black scuffs that accumulate.

The first time I went at a wall with OxiClean and a brush, I didn't have high expectations. However, all the above listed crud came right off. My husband said the walls looked freshly painted. However, we went ahead with the painting project because it was time to get rid of off white.

Oxi Clean Laundry Stain Remover is adequate

As the family cleaning person, I am always looking to clean our clothes more effective. And, stains happen. LOTS of stains. I had been using the Jewel foods Homelife house brand and that worked adequately. However, we upgraed to branded laundry detergents because of better scents, and so I looked to use coupons and sales to try the branded stain remover products.

I bought a bottle of Oxi Clean Laundry Stain Remover and have been using it for about a month.on laundry stains, although it can also be used on upholstery. And, the results have been better than the Homelife house brand, although not as good as the Tide Stain Remover spray.

Oxi Clean Laundry Stain Remover works by spraying the offending stain, letting the solution work and then washing it. Oxi Clean Laundry Stain Remover worked decently enough on most average stains, but it did not do well on a dijon mustard stain which I then removed using a combination of Tide stain remover and Ajax laundry detergent.

The other con is that thos product, like most branded products, is expensive at full retail price.

So, I can mildly recommend Oxi Clean Laundry Stain Remover if it's bought on sale.

Oxi-Clean a Great Stain Removal Product

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

Oxi-Clean is great to use on colored garments. I used it recently on my Chaco shoes. I had gotten paint on them in several places. I sprayed them with Oxi-Clean and put them in the washing machine. They came out perfect. I have sprayed grease stains even after washing and drying the garment and Oxi-Clean still removed the stain.

Must HAVE Powerful Stain Remover!

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

This is my #1 Go-To Stain remover. It definitely gets the job done. Does what it says. Its gentle yet effective. I use alot of the Oxi Clean products. I love them all. A must have for families especially with children. Follow the directions and see amazing results...and enjoy!!

Not as Great as I hoped

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

I washed a pillow case with a small blood stain that had dried. I pre-treated it with OxiClean Stain Remover Spray. It looked the same at the end of the wash/dry cycle as it did before I washed it. I was very disappointed. I know Hydrogen Peroxide would have done more.

I had a food stain on a favorite blouse. The stain was right in the center of the front of the blouse. The blouse was 100% cotton. I was sure this would get the food stain out. I sprayed it really well with the stain remover and rubbed it in very well. I let it sit while I sorted the other laundry. I really couldn't tell when the blouse was wet if the stain was gone, and once I had dried it, it was definitely baked-in. It really did nothing to that stain either.

I had tried it on a "skid mark" and it seemed to work pretty well on that. But I think the detergent alone probably would have taken that stain out on its own. I probably won't buy this again.

A must have for boys

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

I have 3 small boys and they are constantly getting stains. I always have oxi clean on hand for grass stains and various food stains. It is not, however, good on blood stains. I have found that peroxide and dawn dish soap works best for blood stains and other set in stains. But oxi clean is my go to for every other type of stain. I even keep a small bottle in my travel bag so I can spray a stain before it sets in if we are out and have to do a clothing change on one of the kids.

OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover a hit at our house

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

OxiClean has been around awhile but for me it was a new discovery. I had a stain of unknown origin on a new pair of slacks and because I didn't know what the origin of the stain was I hesitated to use any type of stain removal. A friend told me about OxiClean and I am so pleased with the results that I am now a new convert. I did turn the hem inside and did a spot check on the inside of the slacks to make sure that the fabric did not discolor. Then I took the plunge and sprayed OxiClean on the stain. Like magic, I could almost see the stain disappear. I quickly put the slacks in the machine and they now look like new. I am so pleased and have since used this amazing product on other pieces of clothing. I even sprayed a dish towel that I was sure I was going to have to make into a rag. Sprayed and the spaghetti sauce was history. I now use it on pot holders and while old stains that have been there for awhile haven't gone away entirely, they are a lot lighter. I keep a bottle handy in the kitchen as well as my laundry room.

Good For Food-Based Stains But Not For Blood

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

Blood and vegetable oil have to be two of the hardest things to get off of clothing; even more so when they have dried. Vegetable oil will leave a permanent mark on most clothing if it is washed and dried and most of the time there is no way to reverse the stain. With blood there is always a chance of it leaving a mark on lighter clothing even if you pre-treat it. Normally I use Shout as a pre-treatment product but I am always on the look out for something that works better.

In the past I have tried a couple of different OxiClean products; the Laundry Stain Remover Spray is great for food-based stains like mustard, ketchup and chocolate but it didn't remove all of the blood from my clothing even when I soaked it before washing it. This is a little more convenient than using the powdered version and chances are I will buy it when it is on sale but for blood stains it wasn't as effected as I hoped it would be.

It is easy to apply to clothing and it worked well on lighter clothing to remove dried stains but when I had a couple of shirts and shorts with blood on them and applied this then washed the clothes there were still marks from the blood on them. I soaked them again and washed them a second time and the stains were still there but they were lighter; the third wash finally got all of the blood stains off the clothing. Having to wash something three times to get stains out isn't my idea of an effective product.

Even though this wasn't the perfect product for blood stains I did like the way it worked on food-based stains and as mentioned, when I see it on sale I will get a bottle or to so I can have it when I need it.

meh, so so

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

I'm not really big on liquid spray stain removers. As far as that type of product goes, this is a decent one. But I don't think any of them work very well, so that's really not saying much. This product is not going to remove grease and oil stains, or heavy grass stains. If you you spray it on and expect it to do anything at all you need to use a generous amount of product, REALLY wet the stained area of fabric, and then let it sit for quite a while before starting the load. I get better results from just about any other method of stain removal.

Oxy Not so Hotsy Clean

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

"Takes out Blood, Removes Red Wine" HAHA!! I don't think so the commercial shows stains vanishing into the water dissolving if by magic! The only thing Oxy Clean Dissolves is your money, your ruined clothes, your electricity, and your water! I truly cannot believe this garbage is still out on the market. I have always used my tried and true stain remover but I received a coupon Ugh! Worst mistake of my life! I followed the directions to the letter, so I threw my favorite red t-shirt into the washer no big deal right? Wrong! When I went to throw it in the dryer it appeared as though the stain ( meat juice from a steak) was gone but the shirt was wet of course, and being red it was a dark color. After it had dried I realized my mistake. Oxy Clean is a failure my other stain remover has removed such stains even tougher stains. But now this awful stain was set in and on a favorite item of clothing! I tried to repeat the steps but still the stain was there!! Not to mention the three other articles of clothing I had put in the original load with Oxy Clean Stain Remover on their spots that were also set in! So all in all I lost 4 items of clothing the cost of the alleged "Stain Remover" and my time the cost of water and electricity! Oxy Clean is a fraud!

Oxiclean laundry spray is essential!

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

Oxiclean laundry spray is essential to all moms who deal with baby food and formula stains in clothing. I just spray it on, let it set for a bit, and then throw it in the wash. The stain comes right out. For tough stains, I let them soak overnight. Oxiclean is great!

need a stain removed? this works best!

Comments about OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover Spray:

oxi clean is by far the greatest stain remover available. i have been a user of this product for years, and it has never let me down. just spray it on the stain, and watch it start to come out right before your eyes. the price is great, the smell is refreshing, and the stain comes out completely every time! i use it daily, and will continue to use it til the end of time. i would highly recommend it for anyone!