Other Electronic & Computer Accessories:
Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case

Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case

Pros

Cons

You Outta Try the Otter Box!!!

My boyfriend got an otterbox for his phone and let me tell you it is the best thing ever! I use his phone just about as much as he does and this otterbox has saved me a number of times from having to buy him a new phone. This protective case keeps his iphone safe from my everyday clumsiness from tripping and falling on it to sending it skidding across the parking lot on ice. In all reality his phone should be wreaked by now with all the accidents it has incurred while in my use, but it is still in great condition all because of this otterbox. Even though this otterbox cost him a pretty penny he sure is glad to have it because it keeps his phone safe from me! One thing that we had problems with (at least at first) was finding charging devices that would charge the iphone while in the otterbox. Many of the charging devices we found were too think and we could not get them to plug into the iphone while it was in the otterbox. We finally found a set of charging cables that work! Over all the otterbox is a great protective case for the iphone. Sure it is a little expensive, but it will protect your phone and save you lots of money down the road!

Overhyped and overpriced

I purchased my Otterbox Commuter case for my iPhone 4 with high hopes and expectations. My husband has an Otterbox case and he has not had an issue with the screen or the phone. I was not as fortunate. I followed the proper instructions for applying the screen protector and the two layers of the case. Within a few months, the area near the charging port on the bottom had cracked. I wish that I could say that the crack was the only issue, however there have been more. Sometime after that, I dropped my phone on a carpet/mat over a tile floor and the screen cracked. After contacting Otterbox regarding the issue, they refused to fix the screen on my phone. Otterbox did, however, refund me for my product.

I gave them a rating of a 5 because I have seen the quality in their products (as proof by my husbands phone still looking brand new even over a year later). In addition, their customer service was amazing.

Best case I have used

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

This is my first case I have ever paid this much for. But it is totally worth it!! I have cracked many cell phone screens in various ways. With the otterbox I can literally drop my phone on concrete and nothing will break. It is a bit large and boxy but I would rather have that than pay for a new phone every time the screen cracks!

Overhyped and overpriced

from united states

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

The best case for people who tend to drop their phone.

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

The Otterbox is the most durable phone case I have used. I have witnessed an iphone in an Otterbox ran over by a truck, dropped on cement from 40 feet, and thrown at brick wall. In all cases, the phone was untarnished. While the Otterbox is extremely is very durable is does lack in style.

What I've been looking for

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

It doesn't protect as much as the defender but it is thinner. I like the thinner case so it still fits in my pocket comfortably. I don't drop my phone often but when I have dropped it the phone was fine. It also comes with a screen protector so I didn't have to buy one.

New Otterbox Just Not The Same!

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

I have had two Otterbox Defender cases for the iphone 4. I have to say, I like the old rubbery style MUCH BETTER than the new one. I think I am alone in this, but I really don't like the new style. It is much less spring-y and more likely to stretch out, which will result in needing a new one faster.

The case is very durable and reliable, and I love how sleek.

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

I love how sleek and durable it is. I ordered mine a year ago and it is still in great condition. I had another otterbox before, but it was too bulky. this case fits in to my pocket without trouble. Other cases are not very protective of my phone. This case protects it fully. I have dropped my phone many times and was worried I might have broken my phone, but when I pick it up I am relieved to see that it is still in perfect condition. I can't imagine having any other case besides the otterbox. The style and color is also very nice. I like the options of style and color. There is a large variety.

Seems like a good buy, until it broke.

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

I am VERY clumsy, so I knew when I got an iphone I needed a good case. Literally everyone I knew suggested an otterbox, so of course I forked out the money to get one. What a shame too, but it actually cracked the plastic when I dropped it, only after a couple months. Pretty bummed after all the hype I heard for these.

This case is great for protecting your phone from life hazards.

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

I found this case greatly protected my phone from both drops and everyday wear and tear. It is a good phone case and looks good on the phone. It will need to be taken off for cleaning every now and again but stays relatively clean. As usual with the otter box brand it comes with all the bells and whistles with the special warranty and everything.

Sturdy product!

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

My daughter threw my phone onto asphalt and this product protected it! No scratches or cracks on my iPhone. Absolutely LOVE this product! I have dropped my phone on occasion from various heights and my phone has always been protected. They even send a screen protector to keep the screen from getting scratched. So you don’t even need to go out and buy a screen protector. The silicon case fits nicely into the hard case. If comes in a variety of colors to fit everyone’s needs! I recommend this phone case to all my friends and family. The quality of the product means you may have to pay more for the phone case. But wouldn’t you want it protected? I will gladly spend a little extra on a great case then ones that don’t work or ones that need to be replaced every couple of months. They have a great warranty on the product. After 2 years of using my phone case they replaced it, for free!

The otterbox commuter case is absolutely amazing!

Comments about Otterbox - iPhone 4 Commuter Case:

The otterbox commuter case is the best case that I have ever used. I've used many cases, and the otterbox commuter case seems to be the only case that actually protects my iPhone. I've had this case for over a year now, and my phone is still in great shape, and I have dropped it plenty of times. The otterbox commuter case is honestly such a great case to buy for your iPhone.