Other Electronic & Computer Accessories:

Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4

Pros

Cons

OtterBox Defender Case for Apple IPhone 4

So we went ahead and caved in and bought the awesome new Apple Iphone 4 16GB. As we all know, you don't need to have something that expensive just exposed to the element's and any and all of the unfortunate stuff that not only can, but sometimes does happen. Knowing just how delicate these smartphones and gadgets can be, we decided this time around to really go the distance and buy something that we could trust and that appeared to be really made to last. We are NOT disappointed! The price is a little high compared to the normal cell phone cases and cover's but the quality by far supercede's any and all that we have personally ever purchased before. Its not to light, not to heavy. It completely covers every single area of your Iphone 4 and the fit is just right. It leave's nothing exposed to the many misfortunes that can happen. At first I was a little apprehensive in the size of it, but its no bother at all. I truly love it. Above it all I love the fact that pretty much no matter what could possibly happen, I think I have it covered as long as it remain's in this tough protective cover that it now calls home! I might also add that I know a young man that accidentally lost his as he was getting into his car to leave and as they were backing out, the car ran right over his brand new Iphone 4. Not only did the phone remain safe and sound, there wasn't even a scratch on the OtterBox other than a little dust from the tire's of the car. A little expensive, yes, but the overall worth: SUPERB!!!!!! Give it a try! You wont be disappointed!

Ottorbox: make your Iphone indestructable!

If you have an iPhone, you HAVE to have a case. Supposedly without a case, the iPhone drops phone calls. Also, the iPhone 4 has glass on the front AND the back, so if you drop it you risk cracking that glass and ruining your new expensive phone. The Ottorbox is hands down the best defence against this kind of unfortunate accident. With my iPhone in this awesome rubber case, it truly feels indestructable, you can drop it at any angle and the rubber will absorb the hit and leave your iphone unscathed - and i would know, I've managed to drop it about a half dozen times already! In some ways you can think of buying the Otterbox as a cheaper alternative to applecare! However, I do have one complaint. What you gain in protection, you lose in bulk and weight. The iPhone 4 itself is very slim, sleek, and light weight. But the Otterbox is VERY bulky, just about doubling the thickness of the phone and widening the grip as well. The result is that my phone feels very heavy in my pocket, and it is not as comfortable for me to hold in my hand, as I have small hands. If you don't mind the bulk or have bigger hands, then by all means, this is the case for you. But personally, despite the good protection it offers, I feel like this case is not for me. It is still a great case, but I need my phone to fit in my pocket and feel good in my hands, which are no longer true with the Otterbox.

Nice phone *-*

from hy

About Me Professional

Pros

• Good Capacity
  • Strong Material
  • Waterproof

Cons

• Bulky

• Adventure Racing
  • Paddling
  • Sailing

hi.goooood phooone

• Was this a gift?:

Otter Box is My Box

Comments about Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4:

The otterbox is probably the best case that will keep your phone safe. It protects about anything that happens to your phone. You can use the otter box under water too! A lot of people end up destroying their phones by trying to use the box under water before they test the box out first. You are supposed to only put a paper towel in the box and let it stay under water for 1-2 hours, if your towel comes out dry, it's good! A lot of people make the mistake of not testing it, and they destroy their phone.
The only thing that I do not like about the otterbox is how big it is, You literally feel like you are carrying a brick around. Other than that the otter box is definitely worth getting!
One thing I really do like about the otterbox is how hard it is to break it, and the camera works great under water. I have tried many other life cases, and this is one of the best! You should get it some time.

You will never have to worry about breaking your iPhone!

Comments about Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4:

I dropped my phone with the case on it more times than I can count. I have always been a clutz and this product saved me from having to pay to repair or just buy a new phone all together. The money that I paid on this product was more than worth it. I definitely recommended purchasing an otterbox.

The Otterbox while now pretty really rocks!

Comments about Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4:

While the otterbox is not really pretty, it has been very useful for me. I bought it when I got my I phone but always hated it and wanted to get rid of it but then I have dropped my phone so many times I am glad I have it and it most likely is the reason my phone is still like new after almost a year of use. I tend to have my phone in the car door and forget it is there and of course when I open the door there is falls out onto the concrete parking lot. So I am sure it has saved me from having to replace my phone many times.
There are a few places that the Otterbox looks stretched out like where I plug it in to charge it. I was told by the customer service people at the wireless store that I could take a picture of it and contact otterbox and they would replace it for free. I told them that I did not have any proof or a receipt but I was told that was not necessary. What a pleasant surprise. Now I have not done this yet but I will do this soon. I was not told if there was a time limit.

very strong and durable

Comments about Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4:

I love this case. Mine is all black like pictured, so it looks great. It is very strong and provides full coverage. I have dropped my phone several times and every time I take the case off (which is not very often) it looks like new. The had case clips closed and completely covers the phone, screen and all. you don't have to put on one of those stick on screen protectors because the case has one built in. It also comes with a clip that locks in place to hold the phone up. The clip is removable and rotates to hold the phone up at different angles.

My favorite part is the rubber cover. it helps keep the phone from slipping too much, which makes it easier to watch movies or videos in bed. It has flaps that open and close for charger, headphones and volume on /off switch. it also has a hole by the microphone, and the everything button is complete covered.

The only downside is that it is heavy, but worth it.

Great protection

Comments about Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4:

tI have owned several Otterbox Defender Series for iPhones. The only problem I have seen is with the outer Silicone. It wears out after several months of use, and the charge and headphone port tabs will not stay in their spots any more. Also, it is hard to use any type of dock with these cases, because of the charge port tab. They seem to have improved the outer silicone with the iPhone 4S (which will work just fine on an iPhone 4) and iPhone 5 Defender Cases. If you dislike the silicone feeling (or the price) you may like the Otterbox Commuter case better. They offer the same protection, but for a lower price, and if you like to put your phone in your pocket it will not "stick" as much.

The included belt holster works well as a sort of stand, but adds a lot of bulk and weight to the phone. I also did not like that there was no camera hole on the holster so you have to remove your phone from it before using the rear camera.
Although they are bulky, these cases offer excellent drop protection, and the screen covering will work even if you already have a screen protector installed on your phone.

A must have for your iPhone 4

Comments about Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4:

I've had my Otterbox Defender case for over a year now. It has protected my phone every time I've dropped it and I drop it a lot. My phone is so important like most people I use it for everything! Occasionally I take the phone out to clean the case and my phone looks brand new. It's not waterproof though.

Complete Lifesaver!

Comments about Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4:

I have dropped my phone numberous time and it makes me feel completely protected from the daily wear and tear my smartphone would normally recieve. It has the rubber outsidde which helps so much when gripping the phone, I do not feel like it is going to slip out of my hand.

Not what I need and huge too

Comments about Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4:

I like how this item looks, but it's not as functional as I'd hoped for. It does not keep moisture out so when my baby gets it, I have to remove the case and wash/dry it all as well as worry it may be damaged. Even when it is completely dry moisture appears trapped under the screen protector, as soon as it's removed it appears dry again. It's a pain to take off and on for clearing the view.
It's very bulky and does not go easily into my pocket. More than once I've thought it was in but it fell out because it wouldn't slide in.
I imagine if the screen was cracked it'd be one way to continue to safely use the phone for awhile, but I can't help thinking there's something better for my needs out there.

This case is a must have

from New Johnsonville, TN

Comments about Otterbox - Defender Case for iPhone 4:

This is my second Otterbox purchase. I had an Otterbox defender case for my previous iPhone, so when it was time to upgrade my phone, I knew which case I would choose. I am not easy on phones and I am prone to clumsiness, so this is the perfect fit for me. I have dropped my phone on ceramic tile floors, cement floors, paved parking lots and I do not have a scratch on my phone. The screen protector keeps my screen safe from cracks and scratches and the hard case covered by a soft skin keeps the phone protected while being comfortable during use. I am so much of a fan of the Otterbox Defender that I purchased one for my nephew recently when he was gifted his first phone. He has been a happy customer as well. I will purchase Otterbox again in the future. Their reliability, great product and reasonable price will keep me coming back as a loyal customer. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a great case for their phone.